43 replies to this topic

#41 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Chapter 18: Sweet Taste of Victory

I finish the rest of the phone call in shock, and then I stare at my phone numbly, speechless.

Our protective, warm globe shatters, and Hiroki and I are left standing in the bitter wind. Except I'm still not registering anything.

Intermittent shivers are surging through me, like tsunami waves. My legs start to shake, and I slowly sink to the floor. I'm hugging my knees tightly, so tightly to my chest. Electricity is pulsating through me, coursing through my veins rapidly, faster than I can handle, much too fast.

"Hanaki-san!" Hiroki drops to the ground next to me and grabs my arm.

I can't speak. I stare into the distance, gulping deep breaths in, clenching my fists into scrunched up balls.

Then tears start pooling at the corners of my eyes, and before I know it, they're streaming down, down, down my face, icy cold on my skin.

And just like that, I turn and bury my head into Hiroki's chest and start crying, digging my fingers into his arms. I just need to hold on to someone before I lose it altogether.

"I got in!" I wail, my voice trembling and high-pitched. "I've passed! Morning Musume...I'm in the 9th generation!"

I choke on my tears, and continue sniffling, wiping my tears away with my hands.

True, raw happiness, braided with the sweetest taste of victory―is this what it's like? There's so much ecstasy churning inside me, it's intoxicating. I'm going to burst, this joy and relief is too much.

I'm in Morning Musume!

I'm in Morning Musume!

This is my dream. My sparkling, brilliant dream that has been given wings, ready to soar high, high up, above that bright stage. Now I can shine like the stars in the sky, twinkling with all my hopes and efforts.

I'm quivering with happiness, fresh tears staining my freezing cheeks.

Then Hiroki puts his hands on my shoulders, clamping them right onto the blades. I can feel a faint trembling coming from his fingers. He's biting his lip, seemingly unable to produce any words. But he looks right into my eyes, sending another shiver down my spine.

"You deserve this, Hanaki-san!" He says, his voice firm with resolution. "You've worked harder than anyone else. You're going to be the best idol in Japan, and even then..." He hesitates. "I'll still always like you, even if you don't feel the same way about me anymore."

My heart squeezes. I'm even more flushed and flustered now, after the hurricane of emotions.

This is it.
A path has been lit up for me now, and I just have to follow it to find my way to the stage. I shouldn't have to stop for anyone or anything, except...

I throw my arms around Hiroki's neck impulsively. The warm scarf nestles between both our necks, sending a fuzzy feeling down my whole body.

"I'll always like you, Hiroki-kun."

I tighten my grip.

"I promise."

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#42 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

Omg this is so cute! <3 but fate is cruel to those being idols huh... go hiroki-kun! XD

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

#43 enfo

enfo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

It's getting sweeter and sweeter as it goes on, and I'm already thinking up ways in my head it could end. It says more about my personal tastes, but there should be more emotional fanfic's like this one, because this is the type of story I can really get behind.

Even though the next gen has been announced, it doesn't take anything away from the quality and relevance of this emotional story, we'd still like the see it to the end. more please :D

#44 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Please, more! This is actually the first MM fanfic that has captured my attention like this. :D
You write beautifully.

Wada Ayaka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users