96 replies to this topic

#21 Shug

Shug

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Just found this thread.
I'm near Waukegan, Northern Illinois. 2 miles from Wisconsin.
Looks like there's a few from this area. :)

Anyone else from here going to Sakura Con in April?

#22 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm gonna try to go I just need to make sure teh person I am going with cna 100% go XD

HLxdmXb.png

#23 Shug

Shug

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

^Hope you can make it.
It would be nice to meet some other H!P fans from this area.

Still keeping with the Midwest theme, :rolleyes: who do you think will win this weekend?

#24 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

Packer's will win, Bears may be the favored but.... I'm just saying =P

HLxdmXb.png

#25 Super Luigi

Super Luigi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

Hey, another Michigander here. I hail from Pontiac, on the southeast side of Michigan. I went to Youmacon the past two years and it's now a yearly staple; I've also been to Ohayocon the past 2 occurrences.

Nice to see a decent chunk of H!O-ers hailing from the Great Lakes State. Perhaps I've seen you at some cons before? (I know I saw Machi-chan at Youmacon)

Anyway, I'm gonna be heading out to Sakura-Con. Already booked the (nonrefundable) flight, so it's happening. I'm seeking people to room with, so if any of you are going, have booked the room, and have room for li'l old me, PM me and that would be awesome.

#26 Shug

Shug

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

^ Well this will be my first convention and I've only ever met one other "H!O-er" before. Been to Japan a couple of times and attended some H!P shows though.
Really looking forward to Sakura-Con, meeting the Berryz' and some other H!O folks. :)

#27 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

I live in Southwest Michigan. About an hour from the Indiana border, and 20 minutes from Lake Michigan. :P Anyone near me?

Hey there! Just found this thread.. I live in New York City, but I am originally from Kalamazoo and my parents still reside there. I go home about twice a year and it would be great to have an H!P friend out there too..it took a while to get a crew together even ion NYC, it must be really tough to get it together out there! Where are you in MI? You going to Sakura-Con to see Berryz? I am!
MOZENATOR

#28 MissyTsukiyomi

MissyTsukiyomi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

I just found this thread too XD
I live near Indianapolis~

I'm going to Sakura-Con too :D

Princess Miyabi... ♥
Miyabi. Reina. Ikuta. JunJun.
Bonjour ~
My Tumblr My Twitter
My Graphics Thread

#29 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ahhh, no one is on the other side of the St,Cirox river? I'm from Minne-snow-ta, 20 min away from the St. Criox which means I';m 20 min. away from Hudson WI. Anyone close?

#30 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

Missy: be sure to say hello to the old tall bald guy in glasses!! Dats me! Ill be sporting various Berryz wear over the days...
MOZENATOR

#31 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

I live in Southwest Michigan. About an hour from the Indiana border, and 20 minutes from Lake Michigan. :P Anyone near me?

I'm from South Bend and I just discovered this thread. I know SW Michigan very well, have gigged up the West Coast all the way to Grand Haven. Where are you at?

My GF just moved to Wilmette in IL but she's not a Jpop fan at all. I do want to hit some Japanese restaurants in Chicago and get out to that Japanese super-store in Arlington Hts. one of these days..............

#32 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

I'm from South Bend and I just discovered this thread. I know SW Michigan very well, have gigged up the West Coast all the way to Grand Haven. Where are you at?

My GF just moved to Wilmette in IL but she's not a Jpop fan at all. I do want to hit some Japanese restaurants in Chicago and get out to that Japanese super-store in Arlington Hts. one of these days..............

I'm originally from Wilmette! (But I live 2000 miles away now)

Next year, though, I will be attending college in Michigan. Maybe we should plan Hello!Project party at ACEN next year or something?
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#33 LoveSayumin

LoveSayumin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hey guys. Sorry about the delay. I live in Watervliet, MI but I go to Kalamazoo, MI every week because I go to college there. It would be nice to have some H!P fan friends that are around here~

Posted Image
This lovely set is by Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin <3

#34 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hey guys. Sorry about the delay. I live in Watervliet, MI but I go to Kalamazoo, MI every week because I go to college there. It would be nice to have some H!P fan friends that are around here~

I am from Kalamazoo originally!! And my parents still live there! I go back about twice a year, my next trip probably in August for my Dad's birthday. We must get together!!
MOZENATOR

#35 LoveSayumin

LoveSayumin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

I am from Kalamazoo originally!! And my parents still live there! I go back about twice a year, my next trip probably in August for my Dad's birthday. We must get together!!

We should definitely get together in August then! I'll be up there 2x a week because school gets back in! :D

Posted Image

#36 Super Luigi

Super Luigi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

Kalamazoo is pretty far from me, but I'd be game with a get-together. Seems to be very few SE Michigan H!P fans. :(

#37 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

Kalamazoo is pretty far from me, but I'd be game with a get-together. Seems to be very few SE Michigan H!P fans. :(

I'll be in East Lansing, so if I'm able to find a way to get to Kalamazoo, I'll go, but I won't have a car. ^^;
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#38 LoveSayumin

LoveSayumin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'll be in East Lansing, so if I'm able to find a way to get to Kalamazoo, I'll go, but I won't have a car. ^^;

There are buses that come here~

Posted Image

#39 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

So, should we try a get-together of some kind? I am going home for my Dad's birthday August 4th. That following weekend, Saturday-Sunday the 6th and 7th, I believe, is anyone available to meet up?
MOZENATOR

#40 Shug

Shug

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, it's like a 4 hour drive for me. I can make that. Pretty sure I have no other plans, this would take priority anyway.
I'd probably just drive over Friday night. Adding to my calendar☺

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users