• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

hmmm, these types of stories are right up my alley. i loved the introduction. aichan's lucky she was saved by risa. oh, and will these superheros have like superhero names? or just their regular names?

mnhuik: you liked the incredibles? i tried watching it, but i fell asleep. ^^;

#22 mnhuik

mnhuik

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

^ Which means we probably have different tastes when it comes to films.

At least we seem to like the same music! :)
mnhuik, also known as Ye Olde Wota elsewhere on the interwebs.

My fanfic thread: Ye Olde Wota, storyteller
--------------------

#23 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

@mnhuik: haha thanks, I haven't seen that movie in so long. All I remember from it is that capes are out of fashion. lol Here's the boss you wanted to read more about.

@rndmn: yup! haha, it took me a while to distribute powers and decide who even got any to start with XD

@glassey: nah they'll just use their regular names, since people know them on a personal basis. (plus, I watched Kick-Ass recently, so I'm kinda turned off by superhero names right now lol)

Intro 2

Oh God. Are you serious?! My heart threatened to jump out of my mouth, sprout wings and fly away. Funny enough, that’s what I’m about to do myself. I gulped again and looked towards Jun-sama with my best puppy dog eyes. Unfortunately, she was too busy talking to the staff and having her gear checked. So here we are, 30,000 feet above ground in an airplane suited up in something that makes us look like puffy, plastic, and retarded birds. And we’re about to jump out of that door in under 3 minutes. I really really really don’t like this idea!!

It finally looked like she was done with all her checks so I poked her as best as I could with my hands.

“Yes, Lin?”

“Umm…Jun-sama, I can heal you but…”

“I know, I know. You can’t bring me back from the dead. Don’t worry so much!! We’re only young once in our lives, might as well make the most out of it! And LinLin….we get to FLY!!!!!”

She said with a look of pure excitement on her face and flapped her winged arms a little.

“Couldn’t you just hire someone who can fly to take you for a ride?”

“Nonsense! I want to fly by myself not be carried through the air. Plus, this way, you can try it too!”

“But I don’t want to…”

She tried to put her hands on my shoulders. It didn’t really work so Jun’s arms were just kind of spread open like she was waiting for a hug.

“Chill, Lin. This’ll be fine. I mean, you’ve followed me for the past 3 years. And every time, we’ve come out fine.”

“Um…except that time you dislocated your shoulder from mountain climbing. And the time you nearly broke your spinal cord when you were showing off your snowboarding tricks on that half pipe to all those girls. And the time you even burned your hand with extreme ironing!!!”

“Linko. That’s why I hired you. I know you’re as good as anyone can be with healing powers. And as long as I don’t die for real, you can fix me!”

“Yeah…”

There’s no arguing with this girl. Once she’s set on something, it’s going to happen. I guess a lot of successful CEOs wouldn’t be where they were now if they didn’t take risks, but Jun-sama applies it ten-fold to her personal life too.

“Ok girls! I’ll count you each off. 3…2…1!”

I watched as Jun-sama jumped out of the plane door and caught the wind perfectly as she began her glide above the mountains of Hawaii. For someone so reckless, at least she was good at the things she did.

“Go!”

“Huh? Oh crap!”

I missed my queue! And jumped out of the door, squeezing my eyes shut. I rolled a few times before steadying down and flying forward.

“Nice barrel roll, Lin!” Jun gave me a thumbs up before thoroughly enjoying the rest of her flight.

Finally, we were at the right altitude and we both deployed our parachutes, safely landing at the designated spots marked on the flat grass grounds.

After getting all the equipment off, I couldn’t do anything else but sink down on my shaking legs and hug the ground as best as I could.

“See! No harm!” Jun-sama spun around to make her point and offered me a hand to get up.

“Now let’s go play on the beach!”

Here's what they were doing: http://en.wikipedia....Wingsuit_flying

#24 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

"extreme ironing"? that made me laugh. XD seems i remember that from an old h!m episode where miki was trying to find hobbies for herself, and the extreme ironing was one she tried.

awesome second intro! so linlin's a healer. oddly enough, i kinda pictured her to be something similar to that. oh and i'm glad you're not choosing superhero names for them. i much prefer their regular names as well.

#25 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

LOOLZ I loved the Incredibles~ (and no, I'm not just saying that because have an awesome soundtrack theme that my inner band geek drools over) (O.o)

anyways, I love the concept~ More sci-fi is always welcome!
Sooner or later, I'm gonna have to do some sci-fi myself since I love it so much!
Especially super powers! WOOOOO~

nices intros~ I'm all caught up now! yay!
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#26 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

glassey, yeah i remember that episode too! ;)

lol queen, i never thought about it as sci-fi but i guess it really is. (i think of UFOs when i think of sci-fi)

#27 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

Intro 3

Crap. Crapcrapcrap. He’s gonna know I’m here! I squeeze myself against the corner as tightly as I can, holding my breath and keeping as still as I can.

The man wearing dark shades brushed right by me. Luckily, only the tail of his jacket lightly touched my hand. After he disappears around the corner, I slowly let out the breath I’ve been holding in and continue making my way closer to the large open room where there was a meeting going on.

Finally, I settle myself in a spot far enough away to escape but close enough to listen in to the suspected gang members in front of me.

They’ve become a lot more wary with meetings like this recently. Because they know people like me could be around at any time, so they’ve taken extra precautions to detect intruders: lasers, traps, etc.

And that’s why the government employs me and sends me in for more and more missions. Because I, Kamei Eri, am one of their best invisible agents, highly trained to be stealthy no matter what kinds of security are thrown against me.

I stood there and listened for the entire meeting, mentally taking note of all the important bits of information.

Until I heard footsteps come up from behind me, followed by the people in front of me standing up quickly and drawing their guns at me.

There’s no way they can see me! I didn’t do anything wrong!

“Whoa, whoa. It looks like I’ve walked into the wrong place. Sorry already. Don’t have to raise your guns at me.”

I heard a female voice speak from behind me…

Wait. They can’t see me after all! Then who’s behind me?

I move out of the line of fire and look towards the girl behind me. She was wearing normal street clothes, had straight brown hair worn down, and quirky looking eyes.

“Who are you and what are you doing in here?!”

“Ehh…well…”

“What are you asking questions for?! Just shoot her!!!”

I don’t know what got into me, but I lunged in front of her and managed to tackle her out of the way. Oh crap, I gave away my position to save her!

But when I opened my eyes…we were in a park.

She’s…one of us?

“Umm…whoever you are, thanks for helping. I kinda felt you there in the room.”

I decided to show myself, barely surprising her when I appeared in front of her suddenly.

“What in the world were you doing in there?! Who sent you and why would you run in front of them like that?!? It was dangerous you know!!!”

“Whoa, chill already. I didn’t mean to pop into a room of gangsters. And the name’s Tanaka Reina. I don’t work for anyone…probably not anymore anyways.”

“Can’t you pick a safer place to transport into next time?”

“Well, I was frustrated and just wanted to leave!! So I did. What were YOU doing in there though? All sneaky like.”

“That’s none of your business.”

“Spy huh?”

I kept my mouth shut. No point in answering that.

“Well, I’m gonna get going. Thanks for helping me!”

She gave me a pat on the back and a wink before disappearing.

*sigh* Well, at least I collected all the info I needed there. Time to head back to base and then home to sleep~

#28 mnhuik

mnhuik

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

About part 2: no wonder I thought the boss was intriguing... she turned out to be my MoMusu favourite! XD Jun and Lin are a perfect comedic duo, in your fiction as well as in real life.

I like how you treat us to short and frequent updates. It's like you are adding ingredients little by little to a gourmet dish. It tastes great already! :P
mnhuik, also known as Ye Olde Wota elsewhere on the interwebs.

My fanfic thread: Ye Olde Wota, storyteller
--------------------

#29 oddball

oddball

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2662 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Nice idea for a superhero fic, having them out for hire seems a really good idea, So Gaki and Ai have allready 'bumbed' into each other, Jun and Lin are together I love how jun is a major daredevil and poor Lin keeps on fussing over her :P

So Reina can teleport, was the other person with Reina Eri? I think maybe you mentioning sleep at the end of the chapter could of been a hint XD

#30 rndmnwierd

rndmnwierd

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

Eri and Reina pop up. I wonder how you're going to bring all these characters together, now.

#31 Tundra Wind

Tundra Wind

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/happy.gif I'm interested now. Must stop lurking and comment...

I love part 2 http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/laugh.gif Now why do they both have to be graduating :)

I wonder who Reina used to work for.

#32 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

Is it just me or all superheroes with super speed tend to be the 'smooth' types XD
Anyway, this is great. It's been a long time since I read a sci-fi fic.
The ones I did read were all left unfinished :wub:
Looking forward to where you're going to bring this :D

#33 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:52 AM

@mnhuik haha I'm glad you like the taste! I'm planning on using JunLin for quite a bit of laughs later on (and the others too of course) Bon appetite!

@oddball Thanks! Yeah, it was Eri. I changed the wording in one sentence so it should be more clear now XD

@rndmn yknow I actually felt like writing this kinda intro b/c of your Black & Blue! Cept they're not gonna get all thrown together like in your story. But I really liked the way you started it so I'm giving it a try :D

@Tundra Thanks!! This story is gonna be light and not stressful so I'm going to keep it and nobody's gonna graduate from my story!! It's my little way to keep them around. As for Reina's boss, you'll see later ;D

@Lex Is that so? I never really noticed the suave thing! haha! Good thing is, I'm really enjoying writing this story and I don't feel obligated to write lengthy chapters with certain happenings in each one like in DoE. So this will probably have much more frequent updates and enjoyable topics. Thanks!

Intro 4

The smoothness and maturity of the finest wine. That was the best way that I could explain this singer’s voice, crooning out a classy jazz song with the perfect accompaniment of the band’s instruments. Not to mention that I was actually drinking said fine wine also.

A gentle breeze blew across the large patio connected to an elegant bar, lit up with soft low lights. The mostly older and wealthy audience around me enjoyed the performance with their significant others. The atmosphere was perfect, with beautiful music and surroundings that matched flawlessly.

Except…

I think I would enjoy this night even more if I didn’t have this forced accompaniment. I glanced to my side to see my date take a sip of his wine before looking up and meeting my gaze, making me turn away with a blush.

Oh great…Now I look like I was staring at him.

Mom and Dad were pretty insistent that I go on a date with him, one of my dad’s friend’s son. They wouldn’t take no for an answer, so I agreed to only one date. Sure, he’s a nice guy but…I’m really not up for a relationship right now.

I sigh lightly and turn my attention back to the performance.

After the final song ended, everybody either resumed their drinking and light chatter or got up to leave.

“Sayumi-san.”

I slowly and ridgedly turn my neck to look at him.

“Yes?”

“What do you say about a walk along this park?”

There was a long park behind the band’s stage, with numerous couples dotted along the way. Before I could even think of a way to protest, he was already standing in front of me with his hand out-stretched. So I took it.

As we began walking, he wrapped his arm around my waist and laid a hand on my hip.

“You look exceptionally beautiful in this dress tonight.” He smiled.

Ok, now I’m definitely uncomfortable! And can’t help but start to look around for her.

“You!” A scruffy man who definitely didn’t belong here barked and pointed at my date, who immediately withdrew his arm and darted off in the opposite direction.

Most of the scruffy guy’s men gave chase, but a few of them turned their eyes towards me.

“And who might you be, little lady? The young debtor’s girlfriend?”

“No! I’m not!”

“Hey boss, I think if we catch her, we can get him to finally pay up.”

And with that, the three men began closing on me.

“He’s been gamblin’ all his money away y’know? And now it looks like he left you as part of his payment…”

“I’m not his girlfriend! I swear!”

Suddenly, a loud roar resonated from beside me and a large white tiger appeared next to me, snarlin. It prowled towards the stunned men and roared again before chasing them off, making grown adults scream like little girls.

After a short while, it returned and brushed up against me as I patted its head.

“Thank you, Aika.”

I looked beside me again and saw the familiar young girl who’s been working for my family for the past eight years.

“Of course, Sayumi-sama. Hope I didn’t take too long. I was deciding on what animal to be.” She giggled.

“And here I was looking around for you the whole time!” I fake pouted.

“Sorry, sorry. Hehe. Well, since your ride’s been chased off, look’s like we’ll have to call for the chauffeur.”

“Nah, I feel like a ride tonight if you don’t mind.”

I knew my tease hit the mark when she blushed.

“White horsey please?”

And immediately, there was a beautiful white steed by my side. I pulled myself up and we started the ride home, my black dress fluttering gently behind me as the moonlight lit the path.

----

Sayu's kinda outta char right now, but she'll be more Sayu-like later XD

#34 oddball

oddball

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2662 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

Aika working for Sayumi, the poor girl

Sayumi wants a ride on Aika..... :D

#35 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Wow, Aika's a shape-shifter.
And a cool one to boot, white tiger and horse ^-^
Now I think everyone is accounted for, what's next? :angry:
Frequent updates are always welcome and interesting topics will keep me stuck here for sometime :)

#36 Tundra Wind

Tundra Wind

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Aika working for Sayumi... XD and for eight years?

So Aika shape-shifts. :good: Can she turn into animals that aren't white? :lol:

Oh btw, :respect: . Your fic really is a good way to keep them around. :lol:

#37 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

@oddball that's not so bad is it? haha I would love to work for Sayu XD

@Lex yup! She can only transform to animals to be specific (I'm trying to not give anyone powers that will overpower everyone else's like Peter and Sylar from Heroes, etc.)

@Tundra Hahaha you know I didn't notice that so far, the animal's she's turned into are white. But yeah, she can turn into non-white animals XD

Chapter 1

“Kame! Where in the world are you? We were supposed to meet up an hour ago!!”

“I know I know! I’m coming! Give me 10 more minutes!”

Gaki-san snapped her phone closed and sighed. Eri was usually 30 minutes late, but she really outdid herself tonight. Gaki-san crossed her legs and stared out of the restaurant’s windows from her table inside the warm store. Being so fast herself, it made waiting for Eri feel ten times longer than it really was.

“Boo.”

“Uwaawawah!!!”

Eri popped into visibility right in front of Gaki-san’s face, making her nearly fall out of her chair when she scrambled back. Eri, on the other hand, was starting to turn red from laughing so hard, completely unaware that the rest of the restaurant was staring at the two friends.

“Mou, Kame! I told you not to do that!!! And sit down, people are staring!”

“Hahaha-s-sorry Gaki-san, but it was so tempting.” She wiped at her eyes and took a couple deep breaths to calm herself down.

“Teeheehe-OW!” She rubbed the back of her head and glared at Gaki-san, who looked like she didn’t even move from her seat but wore a grin.

“Fine, be that way. Hmph.” Eri crossed her arms and pouted.

“Umm…ladies, may I take your order now?”

“Oh! Yes, I’ll have the avocado shrimp bowl.”

“Uhh…what should I get this time, Gaki-san? Hmm…”

“She’ll have the pasta of the day.”

“Ok, I’ll be right out with your orders.”

“Gaki-san! I didn’t pick yet!”

“You take forever just to pick the same thing every time.”

“Well, maybe today’s the day I try something new!”

“Nope, don’t think so. By the way, how was your work today?”

“Oh man!” Eri lowered her voice to an excited whisper. “I almost got busted by this one teleporting girl! She just popped out behind me and then nearly got us both shot!”

“Uso! What was she doing there??”

“No idea! She said she just picked a random place to pop into and it turned out to be a gang’s headquarters!”

“That’s weird…You should keep an eye out on your own superiors, they could have sent her to shadow you or something.”

The two had gotten so into their conversation that they both leaned far into the table so they were only inches form each other and had their hands up to cover their mouths so people couldn’t read their lips.

“Ahem. Here are your orders. May I ask that you kindly keep your public display of affection down as this is a family restaurant.” The waiter smiled and turned away to take another table’s order before the two could explain themselves.

“We’re not--!”

“Pahahahahaha-!!” Eri burst out laughing at the misunderstanding.

Risa’s cheeks were stained red with embarrassment.

“Gah, let’s just eat.”

After they finished their dinner, the girls decided to walk home since they both lived rather close to each other. Both sides of the street were lit up with small stores and restaurants, and turned into a Y shaped intersection that led to different residential neighborhoods.

“Well, goodnight Kame! Try to make it home and lock your door before falling asleep! And don’t try your little sleep-in-the-streets-invisible trick again, we know how that turned out.”

“Haha, well I didn’t know that I lose my invisibility when I fall asleep! At least it was just a bunch of old people staring at me when I woke up.”

“Well, it could be dangerous if you were found by bad people.”

“I know, I know. Goodnight Gaki-san! We should go out this weekend!”

“Deal!”

And the two friends parted ways, each going down their own intersection.

---------------

Ai had left her apartment late at night when she realized that she had nothing in her refrigerator that was edible. What was an eggplant doing in there anyway?! She hated the things, they made her tongue all ‘beko beko’!

So here she was walking home with a bag of groceries from the closest conbini. She was several blocks from her apartment complex when she heard something behind her. Ai took a cautious look over her shoulder before quickening her pace, but the noise was coming closer and closer.

It sounded like…a can? But she didn’t hear footsteps.

When it sounded like she couldn’t get away from it, curiosity won over and she looked over her shoulder again. The street was dark except for several streetlamps lighting up small circles.

Suddenly, a can rolled into the light of the streetlamp closest to her. The hairs on Ai’s neck were already standing up and her instincts told her to run, yet her legs felt like they were cemented down.

When a hooded figure appeared under the light, she couldn’t hold back a course scream, visibly surprising the figure.

…Causing it to kick the can in the direction of her scream.

*PONK*

The can hit her square in the forehead.

“Ow!”

She stumbled back a couple steps, putting her in the next area of light.

“You shouldn’t scream at people like that.”

The hooded figure walked into the same spot of light that Ai was under and removed her hood.

“You!!! H-how dare you!”

“Ohh…you’re the cranky girl who doesn’t pay attention when crossing the streets!”

“Shut up! What are you doing creeping around at night like that?! You scared me!”

“Umm…going home? I live close to here.”

Ai glared at Risa, not knowing what to say anymore.

“Sorry about the can, but your scream scared the crap outta me! I thought there was some kind of exotic monkey around.”

Ai tried to hit the other girl but of course missed when Risa dodged with ease and stopped behind her.

“Ok, sorry sorry. Well, it was sort of nice seeing you again. See ya!” Risa grinned before leaving.

Ai felt a light smack on her forehead and was about to give chase after the girl (uselessly) when she felt her forehead and realized Risa had sloppily smacked a band-aid on.

“Hero my ass!!!” She screamed down the street to hear laughter from far away.

----

Tried to make this chap a little funny so it's not so bland. Did it work? :D

#38 Tundra Wind

Tundra Wind

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

It worked. I like your humor. :good:

XD Don't know why but I couldn't help laughing about the eggplant in Ai's fridge.

:lol: Eri tried to sleep in the streets invisibly. Was she too lazy to go home or just felt like it?

Now how will this story continue. Update soon. :D

#39 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

loved the two latest chapters! i love how you've written the characters. they're so much fun to read! :D

#40 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

“Boo.”
“Uwaawawah!!!”
Eri popped into visibility right in front of Gaki-san’s face, making her nearly fall out of her chair when she scrambled back.

XD It must be fun being in Eri's shoes.
I'd so do that and a few other tricks to freak people out if I have her powers.
And the Reaction Queen makes it the more amusing :D

“Ahem. Here are your orders. May I ask that you kindly keep your public display of affection down as this is a family restaurant.” The waiter smiled and turned away to take another table’s order before the two could explain themselves.
“We’re not--!”
“Pahahahahaha-!!” Eri burst out laughing at the misunderstanding.

HAHAHAHA XD

“Well, goodnight Kame! Try to make it home and lock your door before falling asleep! And don’t try your little sleep-in-the-streets-invisible trick again, we know how that turned out.”
“Haha, well I didn’t know that I lose my invisibility when I fall asleep! At least it was just a bunch of old people staring at me when I woke up.”

It's only the first chapter and I'm liking Eri very much already :good:
On a more technical view point, it means Eri needs to be concious of using her powers and it doesn't work like a switch where you turn it on, it stays that way till you turn it off. As if everyone don't already know that :ph34r:

“Sorry about the can, but your scream scared the crap outta me! I thought there was some kind of exotic monkey around.”

XD XD XD XD XD

Ai felt a light smack on her forehead and was about to give chase after the girl (uselessly) when she felt her forehead and realized Risa had sloppily smacked a band-aid on

Risa is so different when she's with Ai as compared to Eri.
She was being all embarassed not long ago and now she's all suave? Interesting.

“Hero my ass!!!” She screamed down the street to hear laughter from far away.

Yep, the humour worked XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users