Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Hook, Line and Sinker
Intro
Chapter 1

Hey everyone, I'll be opening this new thread for any one shots I have in mind.

This one just came into my head today when I was jogging. I didn't wanna let the idea go so I've been writing for the past 4-5ish hours?
*phew* so please let me know what you think of it. (i kept changing from present to past tense. it's late at night. sorry)

Noise

Too damn loud!

These kids are driving me nuts!

Tell me why I work at a daycare again when I am not good with children at all? Oh, that’s right. My spending habits on clothes. Unfortunately, this was the only job I could land, so I had to take it if I wanted to keep up my shopping. I’ve been working here for a bit over a month now, and I really don’t know how much longer I can take it. So much for “getting used to them”. Only thing I’ve learned is that I can’t handle them at all, even when I try!

The kid cries.

I feed them.

Spit it out. They cry more.

I pick them up.

Still crying.

I try to put them to sleep.

They cry even harder.

I look at my manager.

“Comfort them, Reina.”

What have I been doing for the past 15 minutes!?!?! I can’t stand this job anymore! I get a blasting headache every single day from these kids. Whatever happened to good docile kids? Oh…they disappeared along with corporal punishment. Aha. So now I have to deal with this spoiled new generation “gently”.

When the clock strikes 5, I almost start crying of joy. Finally! I’m out of here!

The sharp pains of screaming children fade as they’re replaced by the dull murmur of the city, which is definitely an improvement. Fukuoka isn’t so bad when it comes down to the city when compared to Tokyo or Osaka. My short moment of peaceful walking is disturbed when my phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Reina! Are you still mad at me?? Can we hang out sometime?”

Oh great, not you…
This is one of the guys from my clique. They’re fine at first until they start getting clingy. This guy’s been trying to hit on me for a long time now. Not only is he annoyingly persistent, he’s whiny too! And not just whiny about me turning him down continuously, he tells me every single detail of his life that he doesn't like. Which is apparently everything. Honestly, if I went out with you, you’d be doing the exact same thing anyway.

“Look, I just got off work and I really want to just get home and rest.”

“Can I come over then??”

“No. I want some peace and quiet by myself.”

“I’ll be quiet.”

You’re never quiet.

“Look dude, no means no.”

“Ok, well the gang wants to hang out tonight at karaoke! Wanna go? I’ll be there!”

I’m almost tempted when I heard the word ‘karaoke’ but the way you made yourself sound like an attraction to me completely turned me around.

“Not today. Gotta catch the train! Bye!” *snap*

Man, first is crying babies for over half the day, then there’s a whining guy calling me. My headache and bad mood is still growing nonstop and my walk home practically turns into a march home.

Finally, home. Wait…why isn’t the door opening? The key turned already! Pulling out the key, I twist the knob and ram the door as hard as I could with my shoulder…just to tumble through the door and crash into my ground. Apparently my little brother and his friends decided to keep the door from opening and were now running away from me like roaches after you turn on the light.

“Why you!”

The second I start chasing after him, I hear my mom yelling for me to stop.

“They’re just kids. Leave them alone.”

“But you saw what they did to me!”

“Reina, calm yourself down! What is wrong with your temper young lady?”

My temper! Oh I don’t know! Maybe because the world is ganging up on me to force my brain into exploding!

Forget this. I turn around to head to my room. This time I thoroughly check for brats after locking the door.

“Finall--“

And there goes my phone again.

“Sup.”

“Hey! Let’s go on a weekend vacation to Okinawa!”

“Uhh…when do you want to go? You can’t afford it last time I checked.”

“This coming weekend! I’ll find enough money to go by then!”

I swear, every time this girl promises to go with me somewhere she always bails at the last second. I plan and plan just to have a million different excuses come flying at me the night before we were supposed to leave. Like I’m believing you again…

“Nah, I have to wor--“

“C’mon! I’ll get a job this time! Tomorrow! I’ll get one then!”

“You’re planning on getting a job all of the sudden tomorrow…to go on a weekend vacation a couple days later? You know you won’t have money yet right? Given that you even land a job that fast.”

“Yeah! It’ll work out! I’ll find a way!”

“Whatever, call me when you’re packed and ready to go at the airport then.”

Headache…building. Maybe I should go relax in a bath for once instead of a shower. Yeah, that should help. Taking my phone with me, I strip down and soak in the warm and comforting water. I could get used to this if I was less on the impatient side. Leaning my head back against the side, I relaxed my tired body and brain. Any thoughts coming into my head are instantly rejected. Relax now. Think later. Until I hear the sharp shriek of my brother followed by my mom trying to comfort him. What did he do now? Trying to ignore him, I flip open my phone to play some games on it. Nearly five minutes later and he’s still screaming! Feeling my headache build up again, I get finish my bath and head out to see what happened.

The second I walk into the living room, I see my brother sitting my the couch with his feet sticking out towards my mom, who has tweezers.

“What happened?”

“Reina! You shouldn’t leave your sunglasses just lying around! Your brother took them and stepped on them and now he has pieces of plastic stuck in his feet!”

“What! How is that my fault?! He’s the one who took them and decided to go Godzilla on my sunglasses! How do you get plastic stuck in anyway!!”

You know what? I’ve had enough of this. I’m 20 years old and I’m being blamed for something this ridiculous. Who am I? Cinderella?! Swiftly turning 180 degrees, I head back to the comfort of my room and headphones. Lying back on my bed, I turn on my ipod and hit play. The gentle sound of piano immediately soothes my ears, which is then joined a smooth voice. Ahh..that’s more like it.

What am I going to do? My job is practically killing me from the inside out, my friends are either unreliable or annoying, and I’m constantly being annoyed even at home. All this noise is really starting to wear me down. What can I do about any of it though? I need the job and nowhere else is employing, I have absolutely no idea what to do about my friends, and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about family. Is this what the rest of my life’s going to be like? Miserable like this? Because if it is, I honestly don’t want it. Of course, I’m not someone distressed enough to turn to suicide or anything, but if the rest of my existence is going to be like this, I don’t mind being hit by a bus. As long as it doesn't mess up my face…

Ugh, let me get away from here!

Closing my eyes, I let the darkness fade in.

------------------------------------

Once you find it, you may return…

-------------------------------------

Huh? What’s that mean? Weird dream…How long have I slept?

It’s morning already?! I sit straight up to look at my alarm clock reading 7am. Well at least I’m not late for work.

Looks like I missed dinner though. I hope Mom isn’t mad at me for something that I didn’t do…

Stepping into my slippers, I walk out of the room expecting the smell of breakfast…but there wasn’t any. She’s not THAT mad at me is she?

“Mom??”

No answer. So here I am, looking around the kitchen, in her room, bathroom, and even searching the insides of the cabinets for my mother. Wait…she can’t be inside a cabinet. Closing the cabinet, I realize that my brother and father are also nowhere to be found. Weird.

Oh well. Maybe they went out for breakfast just to leave me behind for yesterday. After eating something quick, I get dressed to head out to work.

Something’s wrong…
I just walked out of the house to hear birds chirping and the sound of running water. No screaming kids? No people?
Wow, maybe I’ll take the rare tranquility and walk to work today. Who cares if I’m late. I’ll be in a better mood with a peaceful walk anyway.

After walking halfway to work, I started becoming really wary. Is this a dream? Or did a peaceful doomsday happen and spare me? There’s no people!

If there’s really no people around work, then something is definitely off since it’s in the busy part of town.

Ok, this is amazing! It’s so nice and peaceful! Not a single soul popped up on the way to work either!

Work? Empty.

Bakery? Empty as well.

Grocery store? Yup!

Well dang…I’ve never had a dream this realistic before but I guess I might as well take advantage of it! What to do, what to do…Aha! Cupping my hands around my mouth as an improvised speaker, I tilt my torso up and scream as loud as I can:

“REINA RULES THE WORLD!”

No responses as expected. I smirk. How about some travel then? I walk over to my boss’ black Mercedes-Benz sitting outside of the daycare. Looking inside, I spot exactly what I’m looking for: keys! Just dangling there from the ignition!

“Sweet!”

“Let’s see. I should grab some food since I don’t know where I’m heading yet. Bakery spree! Everything’s free!”

Grabbing everything that appealed to me, a small part of my mind was expecting the police to pop up and arrest me, but it never happened. Placing the food into the car, I head over to the shops to grab some outfits and other necessities I wanted.

Now…

How to drive…

I stand by the driver’s door with my hands on my hips and stare at the car like it’s going to drive itself. When it became apparent it wouldn’t, I opened te door and sat in the driver’s seat.

“Well I’ve seen Dad do this part…”

The engine purred to life.

“Awesome…now…hmmm…which one is the gas and which is the brake.”

Shifting the gear into drive, I step onto one of the pedals lightly, getting lurched forward.

“Whoa! Good thing there’s no cars in front of me.”

After doing a few sloppy donuts and getting the hang of driving, I start driving towards the highway. I’ll just follow the signs and go wherever I feel like!

--------------------------

Dang my boss has such a nice car! After figuring out that the Benz was a convertible, I let down the top and put on my newly bought/taken sunglasses. The wind ruffles my hair as I speed down the empty highway, and I hear the sounds of nature all around me as the highway takes me into a tunnel of trees. Japan sure if beautiful like this. Nice and peaceful. This dream must be to make up for all the stress I’ve been under recently.

Oh! A sign!

“Yamaguchi…60km.”

“Looks like I’m going north then!” was what I was thinking an hour ago.

Where the heck am I now?? I don’t know what major cities are in Yamaguchi! Which way do I go?

Ube? 16km…Guess I’ll go there and pick up a map or something! Seems like a big enough city to have a good amount of signs leading to it.

-------------------------

“Ok. Map: gets! Now to see where I want to head off to. Osaka? Tokyo? Shopping? Onsen? So many choices! Well I guess I’ll be doing some shopping in Ube first. Let’s see what they have here.”

After shopping for a couple hours, it was well into the afternoon already. I wonder if I should stay the night at a hotel or keep driving to another place before night? Probably stay here. Even though there’s no people, it’s still kinda scary being alone at night. This dream sure is awfully long to go from morning to night already! Usually they’re all weird and jump from place to place.

I stop the car outside of a hotel and hop out over the door instead of opening it. Taking my food and clothes as well, I headed towards the entrance when I heard…the sound of crying?

Ok, it’s almost sunset. This is scary now…I should probably run away. But then it’ll be the ghost’s trap and they'll attack me form the other side!

Wait a minute…why did I decide it’s a ghost? Nothing to be scared of Reina! This is all just a dream anyways!...except it all feels so real.

I slowly follow the sound towards what appeared to be a mall next to the hotel. Seems like it’s coming from the store over there. I peek in from the outside and see a girl with black hair over her face crying. Creepy! The grudge?! The witch from that zombie game my friends play?!

Turning around to get away from what was rapidly approaching a nightmare, I miss a step and fall against the door I was peeking from.

“Uh oh…”

Turning around slowly, I see it looking up at me. I was just about to sprint towards the car when it reached its hands up and brushed its hair out of the way to reveal a pretty girl who looked to be around my age.

For about a minute, we just stared at each other in shock. Isn’t this a dream?! I thought there’s not supposed to be any people here! And…who is she?

“Who are you? And why are you crying?” I ask as I take a step towards her.

She stood up and rubbed her tears from her eyes before answering.

“My name is Michishige Sayumi. I couldn’t find any sign of human life since this morning! Until now that is. I’m…scared what happened to my family and friends.”

“This morning! That’s what happened to me too! I thought this was a really realistic dream of mine! I’m so confused now…”

“I thought it was a dream too…until I couldn’t seem to wake up. And I’m all alone.”

“Well…I don’t know what’s happening either but at least you’re not alone now. My name is Tanaka Reina. Let’s stick together until we get to the bottom of this ok?”

“Ok…what are we going to do now?”

“Uhh…well I’ve just been traveling around while doing whatever I wanted. No actual plans or anything…”

“Where are you going?”

“Anywhere. I just wanted to take the time to travel and explore. Get away from all the stress and noise of normal life you know? But for now I’m going to stay at this hotel for the night. I don’t trust myself driving at night much.”

“I see…can I um..stay with you? I really don’t like being alone like this. It’s really eerie.”

“Sure, I don’t see why not. We’ll have each other to keep company so at least we won’t be as bored.”

After we set our things down in the executive hotel room, we headed back down for dinner at a restaurant. Something struck us once we sat down though: there’s no chefs.

“Well, how about we go back into the kitchen and cook something up ourselves?”

After getting a nod of approval from Sayumi, we headed back to find all sorts of quality ingredients. Top grade beef, chicken, vegetables, fruit, you name it.

“Ooh! I want yakiniku! That’ll be easy! What about you, Sayumi?”

“I think I will too. I don’t trust my own cooking to much to actually eat anything harder to make.” She confessed with a giggle.

We proceeded to getting thin slices of beef, tongue, hormon, everything we wanted to eat! And then chopped up a simple salad to even out our meal a bit.

“This is soooooo good!” I practically crooned from the delicious juices coming out of the piece of kalbi. What an amazing day! My mood is about a thousand times better than yesterday.

“So is there anything you want to do or any place you want to go to? I learned to drive this morning.” I smirked.

“Not really. I don’t even know what we’re supposed to do. Try to get out of here? I don’t even know where ‘here’ is since this doesn’t seem like a dream anymore. I’m up for following you around. I just want some good company.” She looked down a little as she spoke.

How cute!

“Well, how about we head to Osaka then? Then to a hot spring? Gero hotspring in Gifu is close to Osaka and it’s one of the top three in Japan! What do you think?”

She smiled.

“Sounds fun to me!”

Once we got back to the hotel room, we noticed a slight problem. While the room was absolutely huge, there was only one bed. One gigantic bed.

“Well, it’s definitely big enough to fit us. It could probably fit six to seven people. Plus we’re both girls anyway! Nothing to be worried about!”

“Yeah, it’s ok with me. You want to bathe first?”

“Oh, ok. I shower so I’m a lot faster. I’ll be out shortly!”

“Ok, take your time.”

Grabbing my towel and a change of clothes, I headed into the huge bathroom that was tiled with black marble. This is seriously glamorous! And it’s not a dream!

Then what is it?

I thought as I stood under the strong spray of the shower faucet.

An altered reality? A parallel universe? Then how did the two of us get here?

All my questions only led to more questions that were even more confusing. Looks like there’s no use wasting my brain cells over it. I should just enjoy it while I can. No screaming babies, no annoying friends and family. Just the peace of natural Japan and a cute girl to accompany me. Paradise!

“Sayumi, I’m done.” I say as I walk out of the bathroom with a fluffy white towel ruffling my hair.

“Ok. Oh, you can call me Sayu if you like.” She smiled at me before heading into the steamy bathroom.

I sprawl onto the bed before pulling out the map of Japan that I got.

“Let’s see…so right now we’re here. And Osaka is up here. Gifu is there. Ok, it might take all day of tomorrow to get to Osaka but at least I don’t have to obey the speed limit! Great! There’s plenty of cities to visit up there too! This is gonna be fun for sure!”

When Sayu came out of the bathroom, we chatted with each other for a little bit before going to bed on each respective side of the bed.

----------------------------

“So where are we heading now?” Sayu yells over the wind as we drive along the highway.

Oddly enough, I don’t find her yelling to be noisy or repulsive like other people’s. In fact, I find her presence as a whole pretty comforting.

“Osaka. We’re gonna have so much fun there!”

“Yeah…” her voice trailed off.

“Hey, don’t worry! I might not know what’s going on either but at least we have each other. We have everything we need as a necessity and more! As long as we stay by each other’s side, everything’s gonna be fine!”

I grabbed her hand and gently held it to reassure her.

“You’re right. Thanks for taking me with you Reina.”

“You’re welcome, cutie.” Oops. Did I say that out loud? I glance over at her to see a light blush on her face and a smile tugging at her lips.

---------------------------------

“Well here we are! Osaka! It only took about six hours! And it normally takes almost nine!”

“Wow, how much were we speeding?”

“Aw it’s ok. It’s not like there’s other cars or police to worry about. Now let’s go do something!”

She laughed at my excitement. “Sure, anything in mind?”

“Karaoke!”

Her eyes grew wide. “You’re on!”

We both rushed into the closest karaoke shop around and grabbed some snacks before heading into the room. From her enthusiasm, I would’ve thought the girl’d be a good singer. Well, her voice is cute, but she sure misses a lot of notes.

“You’re pretty horrible Sayu!” She smacked my arm from her spot next to me.

“Yeah, yeah. Not everyone’s as good as you, Ms. Could-be-a-singer!”

We continued singing until our stomachs growled, begging for some real nourishment. Heading out, we decided to go for western food this time, despite the fact that neither of us knew how to prepare it. What came out was pasta with sauce and a ton on meat on top. Seemed like this was the most we could do with our culinary skills. With dessert however, it was as much ice cream, cake, and parfait as we could handle.

Feeling like we could explode from all the food in our stomachs, we decided to take a walk around the city. Despite there not being any people except for us, it seemed the city knew what to do. When night fell, all the city lights turned on and lit up the streets. After walking for a good while, we spotted a bike shop. I hopped on and waited for Sayu to get on another one but she stood there smiling at me shyly.

“I never learned how to ride a bike.”

“Ehh? Well…I guess you can hop onto the back of this one if you don’t mind.”

She popped herself up to sit sideways on the back seat and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“Ready?”

“Yup.”

We biked down the side of the river, a beautiful sight at night with the lights from the city reflecting off its surface. It was one of the most enjoyable times of my life, with the wind gently brushing by and Sayu’s warm arms wrapped around me. I sure am getting attached to this girl.

We were both exhausted when we walked into the presidential suite of an even nicer hotel than the last one. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night to find Sayu hugging me from behind in her sleep. She was mumbling something so I put one of my hands on her’s, successfully comforting her a bit as her grip slackened and she stopped mumbling.

The next morning we woke up with our arms and legs all tangled up in a human mess. Both blushing, I excused myself to take a shower before we headed out again. Man, whatever happened to my tough yankii character…

I guess there’s no point in having that character since it’s only the two of us in this world. There’s no point putting up a front at all. I can be myself and not really worry about how people see me. Plus, it’s kinda hard to be a yankii when you’ve been in absolute peace for the past two days.

Today we decided to head to the aquarium, getting to feed the fish. The sharks and whales looked pretty scary with no trainers around so we decided to just toss big buckets of food in from the side. For some reason, Sayu kept looking at the sunfish. Something about how stupid they look, or something like that.

We spent the entire afternoon laughing and enjoying ourselves before heading to the biggest mall for some shopping. I still can’t get over how awesome it is to get whatever clothes you want without having to pay for any of it! If it was always like this, I wouldn’t have to take my stupid job!

After satisfactorily filling our arms with shopping bags, we dropped them off in the hotel and made our way back out to explore the city.

“Uhh…Reina, where are we?”

“…looks like the red light district of Osaka.”

“And what are we doing here?”

I shrugged. “Entertainment?” which earned me another smack on the arm.

“I do wonder how it looks inside these places though.”

“Seriously?!”

“Yeah, c’mon. No one to get embarrassed in front of except me!” I dragged her by the wrist into one of the places that looked the nicest. Inside was dark and lit up with multicolored lights, with the majority of them on the poles and stages of the place. There were also private rooms apparently.

“Yeah, I’m definitely not touching anything in here.”

“Ewww.”

“Although…” I turned to Sayu and wiggled my eyebrows at her before grabbing her wrists. Putting myself close enough to kiss her, I gave her a peck on the nose before backing off and laughing at her flustered blush.

“C’mon, let’s get outta here already.”

I started my escape ahead of her, knowing that her brain was still processing everything that just happened. The second I made it out of the place, I felt Sayu jump onto my back and forced me to piggyback her out of the red light district before she would get off.

-------------------------

The morning of the next day, we took a bike ride around the more historical parts of Osaka, a beautiful sight with all the greenery and old buildings around. Riding through such traditional looking places with no other people around felt like we were people of the future traveling back in time on our time machine bicycle. Trying our hands at traditional Japanese food (and failing), we relaxed by a big fish pond with bright red koi swimming under our feet that were dangling over the edge. The only sound was the sound of water flowing and the bamboo spout on the other side with the occasional sound of water being splashed up by the fish.

“Maybe you should consider living in the country if you dislike all the noise so much, Reina?”

“What! Are you trying to call me a country bumpkin?!”

“No! It’s just that you seem so much more peaceful and nice than the way you describe yourself in normal circumstances.”

“Oh, well I really like the city. So I would rather live there, it’s just all the people I have contact with that bother me the most. Cities in general aren’t a problem with me.”

“I see. Well, you can move to Ube! I can replace your old friends and you can find a new job! And live with me and my family! Then all your problems would be solved.”

What’s with this girl? Making me blush at the suggestion of living together. Sheesh.

“Sounds great to me. I’m really glad you’re the one I’m with during this whole thing. If it was someone annoying, I’d ditch them and drive away.”

We continued chatting amongst ourselves until early afternoon, when we hopped into the car and headed towards the hotspring in Gifu.

------------------------------

“What’s it called again?”

“Gero Onsen. You know, like Michishi-Gero Gero!” She puffed out her cheeks at me.

“It’s one of the top 3 onsens in Japan. And we’ll get it all to ourselves!”

It’s the middle of October, making the weather perfect to travel in. Perfect for the onsen too. It’s not hot like in the summer, and it’s not freezing cold like winter. Given, jumping into the onsen in winter is nice, but coming out of it is horribly cold! The weather now is perfect for it. Warm and breezy during the day and a bit chilly at night.

When we got there, it was around 5 in the evening, so we had ourselves a safe dinner of yakiniku again, both of us preferring not to experiment with our own cooking this time.

When the sun had set, we headed to the outdoor onsen.

“No wonder it’s in the top three! This is huge!” I held out my arms for emphasis, forgetting that I was in my birthday suit until Sayu giggled at me. Immediately crossing my arms over my chest, I hurried into the water to join her, blushing furiously.

“You’re so cute, Reina.”

“Ha ha, funny funny. I forgot ok? Anyway, this place is nice! And not a single old lady to disturb the view.”

“And what view would that be?” Sayu scooted right right to me so that our sides were touching. She rest her hand on my knee and slowly slid it up my thigh. Is she trying to kill me?! I feel like my head’s going burst with all the blood rushing up!

Stupid me. I couldn’t help but trail my eyes up her arm, passing by her breasts until I stopped at her warm gaze towards me. Oh boy, I just might be seriously falling for her.
Placing my hand on top of her’s. I lean toward her until our lips meet in a soft and gentle kiss. After pulling apart, I notice the blush on her face and can’t help but give her a kiss on the cheeks as well. Again, we kissed, this time deeper, with our tongues exploring each other’s mouth. I let go of her hand and traveled it up the inside of her thigh, pleased to hear her moan and shudder at my touch. Soon, she was straddling me, and our hands were running all over each other. I sucked at her nape as she arched her back and shuddered with ecstasy. Holding her tightly afterwards, we made our way back to the room and continued making love under the light of the pale Autumn moon.

As I lay there next to her, I think about the past couple days. This is everything I could have ever wanted. She’s everything I could wish for. I don’t care about going back to the ‘real world’. I’m completely happy staying with her forever, just the two of us. Because I’ve finally found happiness, peace, and most importantly, the meaning in my life. She gives me something to yearn for, to live for.

This is my utopia.

----------------------------

“How is she?”

“She seems to be doing better now that she’s starting to come back into consciousness.”

“Reina? Can you hear me?”

My eyes fluttered open. It’s cold here. Ow, my head hurts.

“Mom? Where am I?”

“You’re in the hospital, dear. Who knew someone could be put into a short term coma from too much stress.”

“Coma? For how long?”

“A week.”

“What?! Where’s Sayu?”

“Who?”

At that moment, the door opened and my brother led my friends into the room.
And all the noise starts back up again.
Oh no, oh no. What’s happening? Why am I back here? Where is she?

“When am I ready for release?”

“Soon. We just checked you before you woke up and you’re doing fine. We just need you or your mother to sign these papers.”

I waited obediently for my mom to leave to take care of the paperwork before claiming that I had to go to the bathroom. Spotting my purse on the bedside table, I grab it and practically run out of the room and into the bathroom to change as fast as I could. Running out of the hospital, I was almost sent to the floor by my idiot friend who keeps hitting on me. He was talking to my mom.

“Where are you going, Reina?”

I fled as fast as I could out of there, shouting an answer without even looking back.

“Yamaguchi!!!”

I finally found a reason for me to live. Someone who can shut out the noise and turn it into beautiful sound waves, just as long as she’s around.

There’s no way I’ll go without you from now on.

#2 pesbs

pesbs

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

@Kruqone

Very awesome story, it kept me wanting to read it until the end. I enjoyed very much reading the whole story. I laugh a lot in some parts of the story, which is very good. I would love to read another story like this one from you.
Keep up the great work.

#3 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

This is one good story :wacko:
Interesting concept, nicely written, just great :D
Reminds me of 'I am Legend' minus the zombies but added TanaShige XP

Once you find it, you may return…

This is my utopia.

Interesting lines to note.

Since the end is left open, there's so many possibilities that it could either be depressing or happy ;)

I look forward to your future works ^_^

#4 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

it's so early in the morning, and my comment may not make much sense. ^^;

WOW! long one-shot! i'd love to wake up with no one around. no one to bother me. and if i could meet sayumi along the way, that'd be even better! anywho, i loved the story. such detail. it was amazing.

#5 rndmnwierd

rndmnwierd

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

I love it. A great, sweet Tanashige story with a really intriguing plot. Looking forward to more from you.

#6 oddball

oddball

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2662 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

This is a really good one-shot, really liked the setup of this story, looking forward to your next fic ^^;

#7 Badsaints

Badsaints

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

It's been a long time since I commented in here but it'll be a blasphemy not to say anything for this.

3 words: I LOVE IT!!! :wub: Especially when it involves 1 of my fav pairings.

Looking forward to more from you ^^;

#8 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Wow! I'm really glad everybody likes it!Nor did I think I'd get so many comments so early in the morning (since I posted it so late)

@pesbs Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed it and got some laughs out of it too. Please continue to support me *bow* :wub:

@lex Thank you! I've never seen I am Legend myself (stay away from zombie movies at all cost lol)
and im glad you noticed those lines! i actually thought up a sort of explanation that would make it all make sense but its depressing so i dont wanna write it myself lol

@glassey Right? I was thinking about that when I was jogging, and then during the whole half hour of it, it practically developed into the full story. Thanks as always!

@rndmn Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I see you're starting to post your fics on H!O too so I'll be sure to drop by!

@oddball Thanks XD It's my first time with a one shot so I'm glad it's decent enough for you guys

@badsaints YAY! I'm glad XD I rarely mess with TanaShige much but it just seemed natural with the idea. luckily, i liked how it ended up too. Thanks for commenting!

#9 Namie Hikari

Namie Hikari

puzzle peasu! autistic idol fan!

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

LOVE IT! This exactly like how i wish it would be sometimes; no one around but one person you know won't bug you, stress you out, or take you forgranted, just... idk how to explain it lol. great job!

Posted Image
Avvie/Signature by S-N-I-P-E-R . My Puzzle Peasu! The Red Rose Society World

#10 nine o'clock

nine o'clock

九時零分

• Senpai
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

Tanashige!!!! X3!!!
I have mega love for this pairing and major admiration for your writing (with this and with Daughter of Evil) so this story made me really happy. I noticed that you use regular quotation marks for the speech in this story. Somehow that makes Daughter of Evil seem even more removed from our reality. Well, it is an AU. Reina and Sayu are more relatable in this story than the other, I find. I guess since they have a lot of our problems. Jobs we don't enjoy, fear of being alone, etc.

Another story I read once had a similar premise, where two people were stuck in a world where they were the only two people and fell in love. Only in that story they were there for thirty years. @_@ The story was written in such a way that you realize they only fell in love with each other because they were alone with each other that long. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Reina had met Sayu in the 'normal' world.

Haha... the story makes you a little annoyed at The Powers that Be though. What is up with letting someone return when they find something/someone only to have them have to find it/her again when they return? D: It's like they're just messing with her. In my mind though, Reina runs out to find her only to bump into her in the hospital or something because for some reason she was there and not in a hospital in Yamaguchi. XD

Posted Image
   graphics | Last.fm | fanfiction

#11 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

@suzukira thanks! yeah i definitely know what you mean, thats how i got the idea for this

@nine
long comment! just seeing so much text as a whole makes me really happy to start with!
I'm super flattered that you like my writing, especially since I'm a newbie writer! yes! about the quotation marks, I think I would normally use the regular ones for any stories I do in the future. I just wanted to give DoE that special look you know? Cuz the atmosphere I get from it is so classical and I want something in the writing that could visually help with that. It's almost like in the silent films where theres the screen with the words and it just has a certain look to it, yknow what I mean? I'm really glad you noticed something like that!

Yeah, since this one is more of a real world story, the characters are a lot more relatable
Spoiler

Oh wow! 30 years?! O_O being stuck together for THAT long makes me start feeling like they like each other because there's no other choice, plus...you'd be so old at the end DX

Doesn't it though?! Darn powers *shakes fist* I guess it could be that they just wanted the frustrated and confused Reina to find something/someone to live for in the midst of all her turmoil. And what makes you say Sayu is in a hospital in yamaguchi? :wub: she could be anywhere there
Spoiler

#12 nine o'clock

nine o'clock

九時零分

• Senpai
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

^ I tend to write long'ish comments because my mouth typing just gets away from me once I start. Er... usually just with stories that really grab me. ^.^; I know what you mean about atmostphere since with writing, we lack things such as music or pictures so we have to do what we can with text and how we present it. People often talk about the "proper" way to write (as in what is accepted as correct in school/academic writing) but telling a story should be more about the proper way to present. <3

Spoiler

In the other story, they actually made it back to their own dimension/universe and when they got back they were the same age as when they left with only remnants of their 30 years together left in their memory. Finicky fictional time/space mechanics.

As for why I said Yamaguchi it's because when Reina woke up in the elsewhere world, she began where she was in the regular world. She ended up in the hospital due to being a coma. Since she found Sayu there in Yamaguchi and Sayu unlike Reina didn't seem all that motivated to move around, I figured she'd be there. If she's in a coma then she'd be in a hospital as long as there's someone to make sure she gets there. Haha... though, to be honest, I didn't really think too deeply about that before making up a happy ending for myself. XD

Ah.... sorry for rambling so much. I actually just wanted to answer your question. :P

Posted Image
   graphics | Last.fm | fanfiction

#13 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

ahhhh~ that was such a nice read~ It is... *looks at time* 4:20am right now.... Why am I still awake...? Don't ask me. It's 4:20am right now.

ANYWAYS! I loved the setting and idea of this one-shot. You could really feel how annoyed Reina was feeling with all that nagging and stuff in the beginning. Heck, I was getting annoyed with her as I read. "I don't mind getting hit by a bus. As long as it doesn't mess up my face..." BEST QUOTE EVAAA~

I wish I could practice driving in an empty world. *is still liscense-less* haha but like Lex said, NO ZOMBIES!
Though, I did have a minor spazz when I thought Sayako was gonna appear.... (O.o) But it wasn't SaYAKO, but rather it was SaYUMI instead and my face lit up~:good: TANASHIGE FTW~!!! HELP ME SPREAD THE LOOOVE!!!! LOLZ man, Reina's sure has a great idea of an uptopia~ Within a cute girl like Sayu AWWWW~

I laughed that karaoke scene. I squealed at the piggyback scene. I fanned myself at the hot scene. I gaped at the waking-up scene. I cheered at the escape to Yamaguchi scene.

and right now I am seriously wondering if I was able to comment in chronological order. My.... *looks at time* 4:31am brain is not as up to stuff as my noon brain. *shurgs* Well overall, VERY NICE ONE-SHOT! Hope to see more random epiphanies~
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#14 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

@nine
well i love your long comments so im glad! :)
wow, i see. what's the name of that story? is it a book or something?

ahhh, i see what you mean. given that sayu is also in the same situation as reina to meet, that would make sense. although there could always be the possibility that sayu was a figment of reina's imagination as well...but NAH! XD

@queen
dang, what ARE you doing up so late? hahaha about the bus quote, oh man, i cant tell you how many times i've thought that myself. or some kind of variation of it. falling off a cliff wile e coyote style, etc. it's always been one of my favorite lines to myself...ok that sounds weird but yeah.

yes! definitely no zombies! NO WAY im putting them in there. thats the stuff of my nightmares and if i really wanted to write them in i have a bilion scenarios from my dreams but NO THANKS!

haha you mean Sadako? Sada-mi? XD Sado-Sayumi??? lol it's funny, im not much of a tanashige-er myself but i'll do what i can! *salute*
and about the hot scene...hmm i toned it down a ton lol. since im not too familiar with rated r rules in H!O so i decided to play it safe haha

thanks for reading! and get some sleep!

#15 mame*hime

mame*hime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

Is this a one-shot one-shot?? So no more?? Awwww.. I was hoping there would be a continuation.

I like TanaShige together. And I liked that universe too. I didn't expect Reina was in a coma during that time though.
It was definitely a nice surprise.

Please keep writing!! You're good :blink:
Posted Image
MEGA thanks to Kawaii-chan (aviie) & 9 (sig)

#16 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

^Yeah, it's a one shot one shot. I'm too lazy to write a definite ending. I thought it would be better for the readers to stimulate their mind into thinking up their own ending XD

Thank you! I have another story in mind right now. Thing is, I'm not sure if it's going to be a one-shot or a chaptered story

#17 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:42 AM

^ooooo yay! anything would be awesome! can't wait. XD

#18 Kruqone

Kruqone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Ok, here's this new story. Starting out with some short intros of the characters so they're not really "chapters" yet. Also, the real chapters probably won't be as long as DoE's since ths is my own original story and I have no guideline on what's going to happen. All said and done, enjoy the show!

Rental Heroes

Intro 1

Hot. It’s so freakin’ hot. Damn random heatwave has to decide to sweep through Tokyo in the middle of summer of all times. Nor does it help that everybody’s just got off work and the trains were packed to the brim. I’m pretty sure a good amount of the sweat on me was rubbed off of other people just a while ago. It’s official, Takahashi Ai is melting. Melting! I step out of the underground station to see people oohing and ahhing at a winged figure catch someone who had apparently just jumped off of a building.

You see, in our times now, so called “heroes” have popped up in the past decade. Basically, they’re people with supernatural powers. Luckily for them, instead of being hunted down by the government and society, they were accepted. However, they are human after all and they do have to eat and feed their families. It was rather clever yet sinister for big companies to start these “hero rental services” and now they’re pretty popular. There’s all sorts of them, from the publicized heroes that people admire to personal ones.

The one just a while ago?

Insurance hero.

Companies started hiring them as part of the employees’ insurance. Basically, their job is to assure workers’ safety when they are within their place of work. It cranks up the amount employees have to pay for insurance and it sure as hell reduces the amount that companies have to pay for worker’s compensation.

Personally, I think it’s all ridiculous. Real heroes don’t save people for money. They ‘re supposed to do it out of the goodness of their hearts. At least call them something else. Anti-mercenaries or something. But calling them heroes just irks me.

Although some people really do need them. My boss for example. Wealthy, smart and young business tycoon, yet she always puts herself in such reckless situations. If it weren’t for her hero, she’d be dead a long time ago. Honestly, who decides to go swim in the Amazon river all of the sudden on a Tuesday afternoon anyway?!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Was all I heard before I felt something hit me.

Fortunately, it wasn’t the car that just sped by.

“Hello Miss. Are you alright?”

I looked up to see a girl with short dark brown hair smirking down at me.

“Um. Yes. Thank you.”

“Excellent.” She kept up a bright smile as she let me out of her arms and started patting me down.

“Ahem. I can do that myself, thanks.” She was patting my butt for goodness sake!!!

She grinned again.

“Alrighty then.” Reaching into her pocket, she took out her wallet and extracted her business card from it, handing it to me.

“The name’s Niigaki Risa. Rental Hero at your service. My power’s super speed. I’ll whisk you away from boredom in a split second.” She practically advertised to me with a grin.

“Contact me if you need me. See ya!” She waved before disappearing into the crowds.

Hmph. Like I need to actually hire someone like you. I just need to be more alert.

#19 mnhuik

mnhuik

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

^ The first part of your story reminded me of The Incredibles. Since I loved that film, there's a good chance the same will happen with your fanfic. ^^;

The introduction is humorous and flows nicely. I hope we'll see more of Ai's boss, she seems an interesting character!

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
mnhuik, also known as Ye Olde Wota elsewhere on the interwebs.

My fanfic thread: Ye Olde Wota, storyteller
--------------------

#20 rndmnwierd

rndmnwierd

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Risa with super speed? XD Awesome! I love how Ai's so unimpressed, even though she just got saved XD Can't wait for more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users