Photo

[HPS] Asayan 2000 Shuffles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

Well, it's been a while since we've started a new HPS thread, but there's lots to talk about in this series.

Episode 1 http://tracker.hello...ils.php?id=1881
Episode 2 http://tracker.hello...ils.php?id=1985
Episode 3 http://tracker.hello...ils.php?id=2029
Episode 4 http://tracker.hello...ils.php?id=2068

What do you think so far? It would be nice if they did behind-the-scenes shows like this nowadays, but I suppose the interest isn't quite what it was back in the Love Machine era.

Plenty of people in this series that are just a memory now: T&C Bomber, Heike Michiyo, Sayaka, Coconuts... Anyone you miss from those days? Anyone you DON'T miss?

#2 Ruroshin

Ruroshin

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:34 AM

I thought the funniest part is when they get to the dance practice and we see where Miho is practicing. I was like where the hell is she doing it? :wub:

I love early days Kaori, she so absent minded :lol:

#3 Altoplayer69x

Altoplayer69x

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

Keep them coming, they are helping my japanese studying anyways thanks HPS. Wow I didn't know that coconuts sang really well back in the day.

#4 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:23 AM

I think Danielle surprised a lot of people with her singing in these shows. Lehua, on the other hand, she needs some work if you ask me :wub:

I agree, Ruroshin. Old-school Kaori is the best. She's such a goofball. You'll see more of that side after we finish up the Asayan series. But you didn't hear that from me... :lol:

#5 SparklingMelrosePool

SparklingMelrosePool

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:34 AM

In all fairness, it was Lehua's first time recording a song in Japanese. She did quite well, all things considered...

But no one can sing "niai wa shinee ze~" quite like she can! :lol:

m@

#6 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:52 AM

I miss Nakazawa as leader! :lol: She seems so mad during this whole thing. :wub: I can't wait for the next episode!! <3

What kind of surprises me is how they're reacting to all of this. x_x It doesn't seem like such a hard concept to grash, IMO. I guess since they haven't ALL been together that much back then XD

#7 bk13003

bk13003

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:09 AM

I miss them all <3 ~~!!!
I looove seeing old coconuts stuff though...anything with coconuts if fun
I guess it's sorta odd how I like Japanese pop music but then have fun watching
the Americans... :lol: ..

Too bad they don't do this kind of thing nowadays...frankly, it would probably help sales (if enough people watched the shows) Then again, back in the day, it was also a relief when ASAYAN stopped doing this kind of thing... :wub:

#8 Ruroshin

Ruroshin

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:21 AM

What kind of surprises me is how they're reacting to all of this. :wub: It doesn't seem like such a hard concept to grash, IMO. I guess since they haven't ALL been together that much back then <3

It was only the 2nd time they've been together and shuffling groups around wasn't exactly common in the industry.

I like Kaori's reaction to it the best, who cares about this shuffle, what about our shinmember? :lol:

#9 nWirb

nWirb

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

Yes, I really really miss the old H!P, I feel I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in them since all the original unique characters of MM has quit (especially Yaguchan who didn't even get a proper graduation concert, man that pissed me off).

I think Tsunku realises you have to take chances when recruiting new girls to momusu, picking girls that can't sing very well etc, that's what gives momusu their uniqueness IMO.
Sometimes you end up with a pretty good singer and solo artist in the end (Maki Goto who has matured alot both in terms of singing and in general since she joined, face it she was a pretty bad singer when she joined).
Sometimes you end up with one of the cutest and coolest personalities ever with a large fan base (Nozomi Tsuji).
And sometimes you end up with someone who doesn't look very good, has a generic personality and can't sing if her life depended upon it and (Asami Konno).

This is just my opinion of course, but I feel maybe Tsunku has to much work now and don't have the time to develop the girls he takes under his wings.

As a side note:
Did anyone except me find Maki Gotos reaction to the new member audition (4th generation) strange?
She mentioned something about how bad it would be with more members and how she would have more rivals or something.

#10 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

As a side note:
Did anyone except me find Maki Gotos reaction to the new member audition (4th generation) strange?
She mentioned something about how bad it would be with more members and how she would have more rivals or something.

I did think it was a little odd... I guess she might have thought he wasn't going to add anyone else, or atleast not this soon. If I were her, I'd be much more concerned with the shuffles since Tsunku was going off on her about not "feeling" the song.

What I saw that was funny was when at the end of the 2nd episode, Nakazawa goes: "This song is so sad." and the camera crew(or whoever) laughs, but Tsunku compleatly ignores her :wub: Maybe to get a little attention? :ph34r:

Hm, I guess it's weird to see them all shocked that they're being so shuffled up and looking at now where there are tons of H!P concerts and the 5th year of shuffles.

#11 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

After seeing how they played the "Koharu drama" in the latest H!M's,
I feel that the Maki thing was just the same.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:18 AM

Episode 3 is on the tracker, go grab it! ^^;
http://tracker.hello...ils.php?id=2029

And here are a couple of preview pics for episode 4, just for this lonely little thread...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Lomy

Lomy

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:32 AM

O_O I have been a Moumusu fan waaaaaay back in early 2001, but some how I missed Ichii Sayaka's graduation :P does anyone know when she graduated?

:P ^^; ^^; x_x Thanks for subing these! ^^; ^^;

#14 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:44 AM

Wow, episode 3 already, the Ascension of Goto Maki, perhaps? ^^;

I find strange too Gocchin's reaction about the fourth generation, but at that time, she was young and didn't have the experience that she has today, so this is just normal. It's good to see how she has grown up from a surprised girl in 2000 to one of the gratest solo singer in all H!P, now in 2005... ^^;
I'm going to live all my life untame!

#15 salle

salle

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:13 AM

Ahhh kuno you're evil. or well you're not evil, you're really really nice ... but a real tease, showing preview photos.

I really enjoy watching the first shuffles. Exept for akagumi 4's song I hadn't actually heard any of the songs from the first shuffle, and I havn't seen any of the videos yet, so this is all new to me... and the drama "will Gotou-san be alright?", wow Abe is really competative and selfconcious about beeing nr 1 in MM, I now understand why Eri thought that Abe was the most freightening person in MM (this was discovered during her first Utaban appearance, using a lie detector).

And there's Okamura! although for eps 2 and 3 he doesn't have alot to say, but his conversations with Danielle in the first episode were brilliant. wonder what he was thinking when he started to say "Long night" =)

But really I think it would be better for H!Ps image if they had a program like Asayan again, a studio full of girls who screamed at everything they do, "behind the scenes", that sort of stuff.

Oh and yeah Lehuas voice was soo strained, I was really surprised. But I guess, as SMP said, it was her first time.

Thanks to all the work you guys have put in. (I'll help seed them as best as I can)

#16 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

I just finished watching episode 3. I'd say my favorite parts were Maki sleeping and trying to figure out the lyrics. :S

Danielle's power and emotion really blew me away after how some of the other girls were singing on the three different songs! :lol:

I really liked Kaori's voice and how she was singing. I was very taken in by it, and the attitude she had while singing it was very appealing. I was like... :( 'I wish she sang had more songs like this...' I know it's not her thing but, wow, she was good at it. :D

RyeCrimsonMoon~~ I could have sworn that first laugh was Tsunku.... :blink:

#17 SunshineSlayer

SunshineSlayer

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

I think based on their performances, Danielle should have gotten the lead vocal for the Akagumi song. You can tell that Tsunku had Maki in mind for it all along though.

#18 doinkies

doinkies

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:30 PM

Well, doinkies just finished watching ep 3. Poor Gocchin, you can tell that she was confused, well now she can sing ballads really well but back then...I bet doinkies would have been confused too, if I was Gocchin.

And I liked Danielle's singing too. Even though her Japanese is doinky, she still sang it with a lot of emotion and that really impressed doinkies.
Posted Image

H!P fan since 2001!

#19 frozen_isis

frozen_isis

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:21 AM

I think based on their performances, Danielle should have gotten the lead vocal for the Akagumi song.  You can tell that Tsunku had Maki in mind for it all along though.

I absolutely agree. She sounded like a natural. The main reason I never was a big fan of Akai Nikkichou was because Maki's the lead. Tsunku was really pushing Maki though. I can't wait to see the girls' reactions when the parts are announced. Nakazawa was trying to show she really felt the song so I wonder how she took Maki getting the lead.

It was pretty funny to see Sayaka and Mari's reaction to Danielle's singing. "USO!!" It was also pretty funny that Mari thought it was Ayaka at first.

Did anyone else crack up when "Goo." came up on the screen after Tsunku said "Good"? I sure did.

Lastly, isn't this cute??
Posted Image

#20 Ruroshin

Ruroshin

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:38 AM

Maki was a great marketing tool back then having just joined the group and released 2x 1million single seller, Tsunku would of been a fool not to push her. Its just a shame its at the expense of some of the other girls talent.

Btw it always amuse me whenever I see the sponser by thing and see Avex name there. ASAYAN getting sponsered by Avex while heavily promoting H!P artists :unsure: