295 replies to this topic

#21 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:36 PM

Hmmm....perhaps i'll unistall Visual Studio for now.  :ph34r:

Heh, what's wrong with a compiler that takes like 4 gigs or something ungodly like that? And people at my workplace wonder why I swear by Borland C Builder 5 (I have 6, but 5 is a whopping 200MB, and I can get 99% of the utils I need to write done, the only thing it lacks is socket support)

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#22 isamudyson

isamudyson

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

That just reminded me that i need to take Visual Studio C# off my machine as well since i like never used it or would use it ever again unless i'm forced to program again.

#23 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:57 PM

You guys reminded me of a couple of friends:

- Shoot! my HD is full and I want to finish downloading this before going home
- Mmmm, why don't you delete some drivers?
- Hey, you're right! *opens the drivers folder and the bloodshed begins*

I guess they knew what they were doing :wub:
Posted Image

#24 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

isamudyson: C#??!?! eeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

yakuruto: Haha, that's why they created that wonderful Windows File Protection™ on WinX|P, that is an annoyance when you want to manually delete useless crap things like moviemaker and messenger, but seem to magically not work when you delete drivers.

:] nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#25 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

Hmm, I'm actually hoping to get an external HD in a short while. So I don't have to constantly keep recording stuff to dvds.

#26 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

It may help, but not for long...

I got an external HD for my laptop and now it's stuffed too, but at least it takes more time to get full than my old 20GB internal HD
Posted Image

#27 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:02 AM

I'm looking at getting a 120-160GB external. I'm also thinking about getting a bigger internal HD and putting it into an enclosure(making my own external HD ^^; ).

#28 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

I'm looking at getting a 120-160GB external. I'm also thinking about getting a bigger internal HD and putting it into an enclosure(making my own external HD  ^^;  ).

The easiest way to do it is to go with manufactured solutions. I would say that the Maxtor OneTouch ones are good, but they have Maxtor drives in them :\. Consequently they run freakin hot. I also had built a drive using an external NexStar case and a 200GB drive, and since it was an IDE drive it had that lame 128GB addressing problem, and of course, it didn't tell me until I had written the 129th GB and it wrapped over and started just mindlessly erasing the drive at the 0GB mark (i.e. partition table, FAT/NTFS, boot sectors, etc).

-nyekobug

#29 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

Yea, that's my honest first thought. I'm not really sure what brand to buy at the moment. I haven't really researched them very thoroughly online yet. I've only slightly looked just for price checking and such. I should FINALLY be able to buy one later this week so I'm getting more serious about it.

I also want to check the stores around town since that's much quicker than ordering online. The sooner I have it the better, if you catch my drift.... 1.53GB free right now.

Going to need to free up some space tomorrow. Speaking of that, my dvd drive(which is an 8x DVD+R/RW/CDRW combo) when I first got this computer, would burn a full disc of data in like 8-15 minutes. Now it seems to take 30-45 mins. I'm not really sure if it's the brand of media or something else....

#30 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:32 AM

Heh, my external DVD burner runs ok but when I burn something from the external HD (Yay! Maxtor "fry pan" OneTouch) it takes about 2 hours to burn a DVD. The HD is connected to a 1.1 USB port and the DVD drive to a firewire port. I bought a 2.0 USB card but it doesn't seem to be willing to work with my laptop, it just restarts on its own... but it's all cool in my brother's laptop :lol:
Posted Image

#31 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm looking at getting a 120-160GB external. I'm also thinking about getting a bigger internal HD and putting it into an enclosure(making my own external HD :lol: ).

You're too optimistic. My 400 GB external took 6 months to fill up. And that was because I was burning 5 DVD/ wk. If I didn't burn, it would have been done in 3 months ^^;

#32 isamudyson

isamudyson

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

C# was actually pretty decent. its suppose to be similiar to C+

Then again i'm no programmer

I say get bigger than 160gb. my 320gb is half full and its all HP stuff well not all of it. If it did then it would be full already hehe

#33 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:40 AM

yakuruto~~ Don't you sometimes wish things didn't have to be so complicated and difficult?

agb~~ Based on my downloading habits, I think I could work with it for a while. At the very least, it's an improvement on my current situation. ^_^

Although you are right, I am a glass half full kind of person. :good:

isamudyson~~ Oh believe me, I'd love too, but that's about the best I can do right now. That's all I can devote to getting an extrenal HD at the moment. XD
I almost got the chance to do some in-store price checking today. Although I was helping my brother, and ended up not being able to do that. I may rant about that tomorrow, lol. :lol:

#34 Spades

Spades

JAV

• Senpai
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

wat happin if ur hd stuff makin alot of grind nosie

#35 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:17 AM

wat happin if ur hd stuff makin alot of grind nosie

Um, time to replace it o___O?

Actually, if the HD is unnaturally noisy, part of it could be from the fact that you're drive is so fragmented that it has to jump all over the place for data. Try defragging, though I would suggest to back the data up before you do so. Don't be the next member of the Coping with Data Loss Group :\

-nyekobug

#36 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

Ehm... barely over 1 gig ^_^ But practically I need cache no more since I got 2560Mt RAM ^_^ Too bad that I have more important things to put money to than computer stuff <3
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#37 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

5/120 GB
%80 of my pc involves Tsuji & Kago Ai by the way.
I had to back up some crap and get it off my pc.
I had to remove lots of Jrock and useless programs off of my HD and put them onto discs. Not much is left on my pc before I to start watching my W stuff off of backups.
^^; I hate searching through my ocean of discs x_x
so time consuming.
i need to organize.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#38 Spades

Spades

JAV

• Senpai
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:44 PM

Heh, Antec Sonato cases have enough bays I think to support another drive. What's your motherboard? Should we move this to the tech discussion area o_O? For a computer listing, I think both isamudyson and I posted our computer drives in the How much space... post.

i have a asrock p4s61 motherborad n my case cld support another hd ^_^ , i think i jus need a PCI ATA Controller card thing

#39 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

i have a asrock p4s61 motherborad n my case cld support another hd� , i think i jus need a PCI ATA Controller card thing :P

Thanks for moving the thread Spades ^_^. Yeah, you do need another PCI/ATA or PCI/SATA controller card. I looked at the specs on asrock's website:

Connector IDE 2 x ATA 133/100/66/33
Floppy 1 connector
SIR/CIR 1/0

You said you have 2xCDR/DVDRs, and 2xHDs right now right? So yeah, you do need another adapter card. Or you could go external :]

-nyekobug

[EDIT] Woot, 500th post baby! [/EDIT]

#40 isamudyson

isamudyson

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:09 AM

i have never heard of Asrock hehe

if you go with a pci card go with one with SATA as HD's are headed in that direction. So if yuo ever upgrade yuo don't have to buy new hd's heh

i just realized i have 7 hds in that file server now and my case can't hold that 7th one heheh already have one drive on a rail in the 5.25 bay >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users