sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

post facts or trivia about anime or manga

just like the thread for MM trivia facts

ok heres one

in USA Oh my goddess/or ah my goddess the main three sisters are base on real goddess from the Norse mythology for the goddess of past present and future their names are Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld

In English translations, Belldandy's name is not written as "Verthandi" or "Verdandi" as would be expected if it were a transliteration from the original Old Norse (Verðandi). This is because the spelling and pronunciation of the name were derived from the Japanese language transliteration used in the manga, not from the original Old Norse. The Japanese transliteration came about as a result of the phonology of the Japanese language. First, there is no [v] in Japanese, and so it is rendered /b/. Next, there is no [ð] in Japanese, so it is rendered as /d/. Finally, due to the fact that the phonotactics of Japanese only allows syllables to end in vowels or /n/, an epenthetic /u/ was added after the /r/. All these changes meant that the original name "Verðandi" was transliterated as, ベルダンディー -, Berudandī. This was then in turn transliterated into English as "Belldandy". In the Swedish translation of the manga, her name is Verdandi.
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#2 Berryz Roukou

Berryz Roukou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

The character Sasuke from the series Naruto, was originally never supposed to even exist.
The only reason that is a character in the series is because the publisher's daughter draw the character,
and the publisher made Kishimoto put the character into the series, or else it would not have been published.

#3 JuulChii

JuulChii

Double Agent in Church of Maasa and Peach Pinky Heaven

• Senpai
  • 3864 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

^
Shocked about that! Sasuke is my least fav character ^^;

~1/2~ MaaMomo Fan
192f7c06_2607_416d_bfc7_39675ae7302e_zps

H!P FanfictionYouTubeTwitterFacebook

#4 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

here alot more fun facts

That Quentin Tarantino was the first person Miramax considered for the translation of the script of Mononoke Hime?

That the Dr.T character in the Slam Dunk manga and anime represents the author himself?

That the broadcasting aircraft, the cityscape, the opening music for ep.1 and the names Priss and the replicants in Bubblegum Crisis are taken straight out of the movie Blade Runner?

That Yoshihiro Togashi (Yu Yu Hakusho) and Naoko Takeuchi (Sailor Moon) are married to each other?

That in Macross Plus ep.2, Isamu is dressed exactly like James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause?

That the last names of the characters in Maison Ikkoku are those of subway stops in Tokyo?

That Tenchi Muyo started out as a sequel of sorts for Bubblegum Crisis?

That in the French version of Maison Ikkoku, all the characters are constantly getting drunk on sodas and fruit juice because censorship wouldn't allow the words beer and alcohol in a cartoon?

That the theme of three sisters is used very often in anime, and that in almost all cases some of their characteristics can be traced back to the Three Fates of the Greek mythology? Most notable examples include Urd, Belldandy and Skuld from Ah My Goddess, or Atropos, Lachesis and Clotho from Five Star Stories.

That the last names of the characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion belong to WWII warships?

That in Japan, young boys or effeminate males are usually voiced by female seiyu? The most notable example is Megumi Ogata, the famous seiyu of Shinji Ikari, Kurama and Sailor Uranus.

That the flight base New Edwards in Macross Plus is inspired by Edwards, a US Air Force base in California?

That Megumi Hayashibara (voice of Ranma-chan, Rei Ayanami, Lina Inverse, Faye Valentine, and many more) is the most popular seiyu in Japan, having won the best seiyu category in the Anime Grand Prix a record nine times?

That in Japan more paper is used for printing manga than for making toilet paper?
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#5 Berryz Roukou

Berryz Roukou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

That in Japan more paper is used for printing manga than for making toilet paper?

That it just sad.

#6 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:52 AM

^
well i guess we know what to do with bad manga LOL

also one thing i wanted say about Megumi Hayashibara
not only she the most popular seiyu and she also a singer as well singing alot themes to shows she work on

but she used to be a nurse before going into anime and she once used her old nurse knowledge to help save a fan once at a anime convention
Posted Image

#7 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

^

Aw, I didn't know that. I love Megumi, that was very kind of her ^^

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#8 itsmiina

itsmiina

eternal.

• Senpai
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:20 AM

The character Sasuke from the series Naruto, was originally never supposed to even exist.
The only reason that is a character in the series is because the publisher's daughter draw the character,
and the publisher made Kishimoto put the character into the series, or else it would not have been published.

LOL so much.
Oddly enough, Sasuke could have been included as a small, side character, but he's really important to the manga.

Ai by Risa/Misa

#9 Ereiriyu

Ereiriyu

Pyonnn~

• Senpai
  • 1366 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

oohh... Can't Believe it! <3
uhm, What would be the story of naruto if Sasuke doesn't exist? XD

Me likes all the Anime Facts here! <3 i'll be reading more soon!

tumblr_mwq3ni7rtB1t23kupo1_500.png

Gaki's little fan since 2008 ^^

#10 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

ok here more

there was once a show call dirty pair very pop anime in 80's in japan

but the makers of star trek the next gen was also fans of the show and put references into the show about dirty pair all the time

heres some examples

Kei (or Braslota III) is the third planet in the Braslota system. In 2365, this planet was chosen as an element in Operation Lovely Angel, a Starfleet battle simulation.

In the exercise, the starships USS Hathaway and USS Enterprise-D were to attempt to defend against an simulated assault on the first planet, Totoro, from forces originating from Kei, while maintaining control of orbital space of the second planet, Yuri. (TNG: "Peak Performance")

Presumably, this planet lies within Federation borders, but the presence of the Ferengi Marauder Kreechta indicates it could have been open territory. This planet was not mentioned in dialog or the script, but depicted in a piece of background artwork, an okudagram on the observation lounge screen. Most of the simulation information is in-joke references to the Japanese series Dirty Pair, this planet included. (Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion)

kei and yuri was the dirty pair and Lovely Angel was their code name

Keiyurium is a chemical element listed on the Table of Elements. (TNG: "Rascals")
According to technical illustrator and modeller Rick Sternbach, this is a joke reference to the Japanese anime franchise Dirty Pair with assistance from scenic art supervisor and technical consultant Michael Okuda.

The Kei/Yuri factor has relevance for planetary scans.

The Kei/Yuri factor of a plane of frozen methane on the surface of Theta 116 VIII was 12 * 10^-3. (TNG: "The Royale")

The Kei/Yuri factor was not mentioned in dialog or the script, but shown on an okudagram on a bridge viewscreen. It is an in-joke reference to the Japanese series Dirty Pair, whose main protagonists were Kei and Yuri.

Posted Image

#11 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

as stupid as most of Yakitatte Japan!!'s recipes are, most of them are ACTUALLY viable

(obviously not the solar hands and stuff)

#12 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

I'm not sure if anyone cares about these shows, but......
The creators of MAGICAL ANGEL CREAMY MAMI (1983) also created MAGICAL STAGE FANCY LALA (1998). Although technically magical girl shows, neither is about saving the world. They both have young girls as main characters that transform into older versions of themselves and become pop singers. In CREAMY MAMI's case, she becomes popular almost overnight. In FANCY LALA, Lala has to work hard and sell her CDs on the street. There are several episodes that show how tough it must be to make it in the Japanese music industry. Hello! Project fans may be interested in watching the whole series, if they can get past the fact it's a kids magical girl show. <3

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#13 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:57 AM

I'm not sure if anyone cares about these shows, but......
The creators of MAGICAL ANGEL CREAMY MAMI (1983) also created MAGICAL STAGE FANCY LALA (1998). Although technically magical girl shows, neither is about saving the world. They both have young girls as main characters that transform into older versions of themselves and become pop singers. In CREAMY MAMI's case, she becomes popular almost overnight. In FANCY LALA, Lala has to work hard and sell her CDs on the street. There are several episodes that show how tough it must be to make it in the Japanese music industry. Hello! Project fans may be interested in watching the whole series, if they can get past the fact it's a kids magical girl show. :lol:

I love Creamy Mami! Other shows like that are "I'll make a habit of it" and (more recently) "full moon o sagashite"

Wada Ayaka

#14 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

I recently discovered that there was a manga version of "Fancy Lala" by Rurika Kasuga, which changed the character designs slightly. I'll post some thumnails for comparison. But I guess I really came to post a link and beg people to watch my FANCY LALA fanvid that I posted on YouTube! :lol: Here's the link: . Enjoy the video. Oh, I usually sign my videos with my YouTube alias, ILOVEMAGICALGIRLS, but I was in such a hurry to upload this one that I forgot to add my name and "Thanks For Watching!" to the end credits like I usually do. If you click on my user name (it should be posted above the video) you can go to my channel and see my H!P slideshows / videos that I recently uploded. :lol:

Attached Files

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#15 XHinaX

XHinaX

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

Some basic Berryz Anime facts!

Did anyone know that the famous Hare Hare Yukai dance from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is made up of moves from old Berryz dances? Like Gag 100, 12ji no Cinderella, Koi no Jubaku, Special Generation etc.

In the first episode of the Lucky Channel segment (from Lucky Star anime), the first letter, asking about how much idols make, is from a fan calling himself “Berryko Daisuki-kko” (or “Berryko Lover”). A direct reference to Berryz Koubou.

Berryz have made cameos in the anime Gintama, one time they showed the girls with their Koi no Jubaku outfits in a handshake event

ANYWAY!!!

Some more facts:

Naruto was originally supposed to be about a kid who rode around on a motorbike in a modern city.

The guy who wrote Cryaon Shin-chan died, falling off a cliff, trying to take a photo last year.
I need a Sexy Boy in my life who likes to pick Mikan with me and he also needs to be able to deal with my Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari and yet, Resonant Blue is still stuck in my head! XD

#16 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

The maker of "Dragonball" deliberately made it from the "Journey to the Western". It is a very famous Chinese myth. Notice even the main character Goku will turn into a gorilla (kind of like a monkey)... and he's fighting skills are spetacular like the monkey in "The Journey to Western".
Posted Image

#17 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

^ Besides Son Goku, I believe the Gyumao and Oolong also originated from the Journey West

For some other Dragon Ball facts, Toriyama Akira originally only intended Dragon Ball to be about 10 volumes or so, however due to it's massive popularity he ended up writing 42 volumes. Later on Toriyama intended to make Freeza the final villain of the series however the creators of the anime wanted him to write more so he continued.
The same was true with the Cell saga however Toriyama went on to write one more saga, Majin Buu, before ending the series.

The first story arc in Dragon Ball anime (episodes 1-13) contained the least filler out of the entire series, the only "new material" from the manga being that Pilaf, Shuu and Mai (shuu and mai are unnamed in the manga) are introduced at the very beginning.

Dragon Ball has had quite a few references to Kaiju movies as well including Kame Sennin riding a baby Gamera to Gyumao's castle, Son Goku transforming into an Oozaru and fighting with Pilaf's plane is an obvious reference to King Kong and Baragon also makes a guest appearance in Dr.Briefs garden.

#18 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

Sazae-san is the longest running anime yet start in October 5, 1969 and with over 6345+ episodes its still running
Posted Image

#19 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

The voice actor for Zero in Vampire Knight also does the voiceover for Light Yagami in Deatnote! Both of my favourite animes! :D

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#20 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

There are several Pirate names in One Piece that belong to real pirates. Some examples are Marshall D, Teach (Blackbeard) and Edward Newgate (Whitebeard)

The third series of Digimon known as Digimon Tamers in Japan was written by Chiaki J. Konaka who is most well known for writing anime like Serial Experiments:Lain,Armitage III,Hellsing and Texhnolyze which explains why that season of Digimon is so dark and scary for a kids show. Apparently all the other writers were not interested in the third season and he offered to write the whole thing and take the lead on the project so he got it. Amusingly the episode he wrote for Digimon series 2 was also dark and scary and nothing like the other episodes. Which makes you wonder what they were thinking letting him lose on Digimon.

In the Neon Genesis Evangelion film "End Of Evangelion" the scene where lots of Japanese writing flashes on the screen are actually exerpts from hate mail that Hideaki Anno recieved over the fans being dissapointed with the last episodes of the series and how it ended. End Of Evangelion was basically a giant middle finger to those fans so they used a lot of references to the fan hate.

FLCL most famous for being that weird anime where robots come out of a kids head originally started out as a simple boy meets girl story but Director Kazuya Tsurumaki was so into robots in anime that he talked to the writers about a way to work it into the storyline and that is what resulted. Also The iconic yellow Vespa seen in the closing credit sequence belongs to director Kazuya Tsurumaki. Apparently, he can't get it to work.

Haruko refers to Naota as "Taro-kun" several times during Episode 1. Taro is perhaps the most generic name in Japan for a boy, and it used as a placeholder for unidentified Japanese males (like John Doe).

Director Kazuya Tsurumaki personally oversaw the English dub in America. He was very insistent that the voice actors/actresses from the English dub had the same "essence" as the Japanese actors/actresses. He said he was very pleased with the characters for the English dub, and was especially pleased with voice actress Kari Wahlgren's Haruko.

The voice actor for Naota is the same one that played Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers.

In episode 2, Haruko fixes her Vespa after crashing it into the Medical Mechanica factory. Among the parts she installs is a Mobile Suit Gundam RX-79 robot model

Okay FLCL got a lot there but i love that show XD

TEAM TAKECHAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users