• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

It has come to my attention that Yui Ogura, who is basically the cutest girl on the planet, does not yet have her own thread on this board. In order to redress this tremendous grievance I hereby open the official Hello!Online Ogura Yui Thread.

Yui is part of Team Dekaris and also of YuiKaori, a HAPPY! STYLE unit formed by her and Kaori Ishihara. Their debut single "Our Steady Boy" was released on 12th May under the King Records Label. The song is used as the ending theme for the anime "kiss×sis".

Here's a photo of her (courtesy of the picboard):
Posted Image

Here's her profile (taken from her official site: http://ogura-yui.com/ and supplemented with information from her blog: http://ameblo.jp/ogura-yui/ ):

---

Ogura Yui (小倉唯)

Birth date:
15th August 1995
Birth place:
Gunma Prefecture
Height:
150 cm
Blood type:
O
Hobbies:
walking my pet dog, karaoke, shopping
Special skills:
classic ballet, swimming, jazz dancing, tap dancing
Qualifications:
5th level Chinese Character certification, 5th level English Proficiency certification, 1st level Swimming certification
Self promotion:
My strong point is making friends with everyone. I am good at creating a cheerful atmosphere with my friends and I am also able to give my best in everything I do. Because I especially love sports, I am always ready for a challenge. My specialities are ballet, swimming, jazz, tap dancing and I also really like skiing, skating and bowling. I would like to learn to play tennis sometime.
Favourite book or movie:
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi [Spirited Away]
(It gave me courage and I was deeply moved by Chihiro, who worked very hard to turn her parents, who got turned into pigs, back into humans.)
Favourite game:
The Game of Life
Favourite actor or artist:
Yui Aragaki (Her acting is skilful and she has got silky hair.)
Favourite word:
Arigatou [Thank you] ("Arigatou" is a magic word, it warms the hearts of people.)
Favourite anime:
Meitantei Conan [Detective Conan] (It is funny that even though he's small, his brain is that of an adult.)
Sports that you like or that you're good at:
skiing, skating, swimming
Things you like:
dried plum, ice cream, strawberries, roller-ball pens
Things you don't like:
nattou (fermented soybeans), mushrooms, seafood, insects, raw fish, horror series
Things you're obsessed with right now:
roller-ball pens, dressing up my pet dog

---

In case you want to know more about her, here are a few links to get you started:

First, her official site:
http://ogura-yui.com/
Not much there if you don't understand Japanese, except maybe the YouTube videos (scroll down to the bottom or use the links I posted below) and the voice samples (scroll a little down and on the right it should say "Voice Sample" with a few links under it). I really recommend the voice samples, they're terribly cute. There's also a (scanty) photo gallery.

Her blog (ゆいゆい日記!!):
http://ameblo.jp/ogura-yui/

Yui trying to fold up a portable board reflector (those videos are also linked to on her site).

Some more YouTube links:

Yui Ogura Hatsune Miku Project Diva PSP Motion Capture
Yui did the dance motion capture for the vocaloid character Hatsune Miku. Here you really get a taste of Yui's dancing skills.

YUIKAORI – Our Steady Boy (PV)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCRaRaIIPE
This one is also available on the tracker:
http://www.hello-onl...p;torrent=26943
(There's a working Megaupload link in the comments for those of you who can't do torrents)
さん…?%&#ぜn

#2 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I kinda like this girl as well along with Team Dekaris. I really liked the Our steady boy song as well.

Hard to say what the future has instore for this girl ^^;

#3 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

Thanks L414 for starting Yui's thread. I was thinking about doing it myself last week but I didn't think I had enough material to start one. I hope more ppl would realise Yuchan's talent.

Things you're obsessed with right now:
roller-ball pens, dressing up my pet dog

Does anyone have any idea what Yuchan means by roler-ball pens and what makes her obsessed with it ^^;

Special skills:
classic ballet, swimming, jazz dancing, tap dancing

Yuchan have an impressive dancing background. I think she could easily be the closest rival for Takahashi.

Ok now to post some pics of Yuchan ^_^

Yuchan of Team Dekaris. I love this pic so much, too cute XD
Attached File  dekaris_ogura_yui.jpg   10.64K   47 downloads

The next 2 pics are of Yuchan around the time she joined Happy!Style
Attached File  ogura_01.jpg   41.28K   46 downloadsAttached File  ogura_04.jpg   75.89K   56 downloads

Yuchan on Phatasy Star online programme. She works with Nocchi on this show.
Attached File  ogura_phantasy_star_02.jpg   43.17K   65 downloadsAttached File  ogura_phantasy_star_01.jpg   32.42K   55 downloads

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#4 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

Does anyone have any idea what Yuchan means by roler-ball pens and what makes her obsessed with it ^_^

Roller-ball pens are water-based ballpoint pens, that is to say they use a water-based ink and not an oil-based ink like normal ballpoint pens do.

"Things you're obsessed with right now" is my translation for マイブーム (My Boom), which is a wasei-eigo term. The meanings of those can often be a little mysterious to non-Japansese speakers, but I think that's pretty much what they mean: things someone is obsessed with or really into right now.

Why she likes those pens so much, I can't really say. My best guess is, that she discovered that she can write with them much better. The ink of roller-ball pens usually saturates more deeply, you don't have to apply as much pressure and the ink is available in a greater range of colours. There are a number of disadvantages, too, but roller-ball pens must have proven to be more useful for the tasks she needs them for.

So, what does an idol need pens for, anyway? Drawing cute pictures, mostly hearts and her name. Yeah, I imagine it sucks to give an autograph with a ballpoint pen that doesn't write properly. Then again, they mostly use marker pens for that, don't they.

Yuchan have an impressive dancing background. I think she could easily be the closest rival for Takahashi.

Yeah, she's really a good dancer. All the dancing that I have seen of her so far was perfect.
さん…?%&#ぜn

#5 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

^Have you seen the Miku Dance making? Her practice dance and the production dance were about 99% accurate. Its like she just diplicates the steps perfectly.

To make it easy for you, here is the post about the making.

Yui's Miku Dance - The Making.

Can someone help translate the message. If I'm right, I think it is about this video hitting 500,000 views.

Yui is just plain amazing doing the Miku dance. Her reharsal shot ( wearing white dancing shoes ) is 99.9999999% exactly the same as the real video shot. Awesome!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6 Namie Hikari

Namie Hikari

puzzle peasu! autistic idol fan!

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

oh man THANK YOU for making a thread for Yui!!! she's cute, has a gentle voice that does not sound like its on helium, and an amazing dancer!!!

Posted Image
Avvie/Signature by S-N-I-P-E-R . My Puzzle Peasu! The Red Rose Society World

#7 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

^Have you seen the Miku Dance making? Her practice dance and the production dance were about 99% accurate. Its like she just diplicates the steps perfectly.

I hadn't seen the making. Now I have. :P And you're right, it's really almost identical. Her dancing is perfect.

---

I think it's worth posting some of my favourite magazine shots that were uploaded to the picboard just recently:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
さん…?%&#ぜn

#8 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

^Oh WOW! Amazing! Yui is so lovely. Which magazine is it? I might just order it ^^;
Oh its from Pure. Which volume?
And who says a girl had to be in a bikini on a beach to look good. Yui looks better than good... too cute :sob:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#9 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

She's one of my favorites. :lol:

She's so adorable in the "Our Steady Boy" PV, and I love her singing voice. XD

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#10 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

omg magazine shots!! =D

I haven't been following her blog as much as I used to, I really should get back into commenting on there.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#11 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

OMG she's so cute @.@

#12 Ahiko

Ahiko

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4274 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

She has the most cutest Voice ever, how i would wish she becomes a full H!P Girl. she's only under UFa if i'm right?

#13 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

i suddenly had the urge to shove her to MoMusu then i'd have someone to cheer for again <3

#14 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

@Ahiko: Yuchan is a member of Happy!Style which is managed by UpFrontStyle. UFS does alot of anime related projects. For example, Reina's Kaitou Reinya anime is a UFS project. In addition to that, they also have projects related to games, like Sega's Project Diva - Vocaloid 2 and Sega's Dekaris.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#15 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

I input most of the info from the OP into a page I created for her on jpop stop

http://wiki.jpopstop.../wiki/Ogura_Yui

If ye get anymore info just add it to the site

#16 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

She clearly has become popular "hmm i wonder why <3 " but i don't feel optomistic for her at the moment. Unfortunaltly most in these grouping vanish i hope i am wrong with this one.

#17 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

I think Yuchan's popularity was already on the rise ever since she did the motion capture gig for the vocaloid Hatsune Miku. Since then she was getting more exposure thru Sega. Lets hope for the best for Yuchan that more good things will go her way.

The Secret Garden by Ogura Yui

The Secret Garden by Hatsune Miku (Original)

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#18 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Happy!Style Communication Circuit 007 - compilation clips
(2010-05-02)

0:00 >> BON VOYAGE! (One Piece) - All
2:07 >> My Sweet Heart (Tokyo Mew Mew) - Ishihara Kaori
3:17 >> Koi no Muteki Command - Team Dekaris
4:33 >> Ride On (Macross F) - Iwashima Manami, Ishihara Kaori (Ride On from the Macross F (TV))
5:55 >> Scramble (School Rumble) - Ogura Yui (Scramble PV)

Yui fans must give a listen to Scramble. Yui sounded perfect for the song. I know this coz Horie Yui is one of my fav voice actor/singer. Coincidentally they have the same given name, Yui :coool: I played Yui's perf and Scramble PV together and they were in perfect sync :c03:

Manami and Kaori singing Ride On was pretty good too but lack Mayn's power.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#19 KappaAiri

KappaAiri

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Ogura Yui is so awesome, I was like awww when I saw her miku miku ni shite ageru dance video...she was so good!! :3
And I can't stop listening : Our Steady Boy...the song is so awesome! :3

#20 Mitsuki Minamoto

Mitsuki Minamoto

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

I've heart Miku Mikku Miku Shite ageru. Awesome!
She lived in Gunma, that's the same with Dawa
Smileage VN
I'm building it, thanks for visiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users