• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#41 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

We usually kick things off between 11am and noon, if you get in around 11 I can meet you as I am in stockport so only one stop along the line and very quick

#42 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

If it's that early I'll be very late :P Even if I leave my place at 7:50am, I won't be in Manchester till 1pm.

#43 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

^ Come up the day before :P

#44 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

2 days is expensive enough. If costs escalate as much as they did in Yorkshire I'll have no money left :P

#45 lovemusic

lovemusic

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 12487 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

Takahashi Ai is now in London for J-MELO.

Posted Image

http://ameblo.jp/tak...0987487116.html
http://morningtime.w...i-ai-in-london/

#46 loser-ish

loser-ish

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hello, any fans from UK still here?? Presumably from South Yorkshire or Sheffield, if I should be specific?? 

#47 Violetbutterfly

Violetbutterfly

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

I'm living in Sheffield now actually!

I just wanted to tell you guys about an upcoming charity event our Japan society is holding on the 16th of March in Sheffield. It's a great little cultural day with lots of stuff to do and I'm personally organising the maid cafe this year! (The quote below sums it up much better than I can).

Also included in our stage performance this year some of the Japanese exchange students will be doing an idol compilation dance which I'm sure you guys would love.

I wouldn't normally post about events on here but I think a lot of people would really enjoy this. So if you're in the area I'd really love the chance to see some of you guys.

Japan Day is an annual student-run event organised by the University of Sheffield Japan Society, and has been raising money for Tohoku charities since the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami disaster. This year, the theme of the event will be ‘Around Japan in One Day’, and the focus is on exploring Japan’s diverse regions.

Performances will include the ever-popular Mugen Taiko Drummers from Scotland, and newly joining us in Sheffield this year are the London Okinawa Sanshikai and the SOAS Min’yō Group, two fantastic groups from London that will be performing traditional Japanese and Okinawan folk music and dance.
There will also be a range of festival games, Japanese food from Edo Sushi, origami, calligraphy, ikebana (flower arranging), the chance to have your picture taken in a kimono, a haunted house (obakeyashiki), a Maid Café, and much, much more!

As always, all proceeds from the day will be donated to charity – this year, the money will be going to Aid for Japan, a UK charity dedicated to providing support and therapy for children orphaned in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster.

WHEN: Sunday 16th March 2014
TIME: 11:30-17.00
WHERE: Octagon Centre (Sheffield S10 2TQ)
ADMISSIONS: £5
(Children under 8 get in free)

You can now buy tickets at the Union Box Office here: http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/society-event.php?contentID=20501&contentFolderID=100

Or make ticket reservations on our website:

www.japanday2014.weebly.com

#48 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I would have loved to have gone to your event, but alas, I'm a 16 year old girl who is doing her GCSE's in London and doesn't have the money or time to see the event ^^; 
If you could video it for us too see that would be so great! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#49 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

I hate being a J-pop fan in the North East of England sometimes. I managed to go to my first convention in Doncaster this summer but it did cost me a bit :( It might be a good amount of money to spend for other people who attend cosplay conventions but it was a bit too much for me considering I'm a uni student and any money for me is good money and I have to make it stretch and last as long as possible. :( Plus most of the good events in England all take place in the South so it's so expensive for me to go to London. I'd love to go to Hyper Japan or MCM expo :(

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#50 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

I live in Ipswich which is only about an hour/hour and a half from London by train and it's still pretty expensive to get there - when me and my boyfriend when to the Babymetal concert last month it cost £90.

I don't even want to think about how much it costs from up north o.O

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#51 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

^Thats why I love living in london, i feel like its a lot easier just paying £1.45 for bus and tube travel to get to the venues of jpop concerts than having to pay £30-£90 for it :C 

#52 Paramorning

Paramorning

Nen!

• Senpai
  • 1603 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

You all have it easy - try living in Lincolnshire, the land of the farmers. There are barely even TRAINS where I live, everything is so old fashioned -.- People get run over by tractors more than cars, it's so remote :( so any dream of seeing HP if they ever came to England is just me dreaming :(

23uwwsp.gif
工藤広瀬岸本鈴木

#53 CAiTlin_Beat

CAiTlin_Beat

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1078 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm not from England but I'm pretty close, I'm from Wales :lol: I've been a J-pop fan since about 2006-2007 and a H!P fan since about 2007-2008 :) I've seen H&A live but apart from that I had to cancel concert plans because things kept coming up :( I've missed out on seeing Hikki, Perfume, KPP & BABYMETAL :( I'm hoping MoMusu will hold a concert here one day :) Nice to meet you all :)

#54 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

Nice to see more recent H!P fans here! 

#55 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

I have a friend who lives in Norfolk and she says its just like living in a remote village which must suck to travel from. Where I live its a small seaside town so I'd have to take two trains to get to most places :( But luckily I've moved for a little while so I'll only have to take one train to get somewhere. I wish I lived in London :(

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#56 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:20 AM

It's the first time I've been into this forum... hi neighbours! (a couple of you almost literally)

I remember driving to Norwich a few years ago. It took twice as long as driving to London, and it's only half the distance! lol.

#57 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

You still have to watch out for Highwaymen on the roads to Norwich. (I used to live there for quite a few years). ;)

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#58 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

You all have it easy - try living in Lincolnshire, the land of the farmers. There are barely even TRAINS where I live, everything is so old fashioned -.- People get run over by tractors more than cars, it's so remote :( so any dream of seeing HP if they ever came to England is just me dreaming :(

Lincolnshire is a weird place to live. Not quite East Midlands and not quite Yorkshire it's somewhere in between XD. And yes trains are a nightmare. It takes me like 3 hours on a train to get to London on our third world rail service and that's only if it's not broken down again. Nothing good happens in Lincolnshire.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#59 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Another neighbour!

This might give you a general idea of where my part of Lincolnshire is. If I look in one direction I can see two oil refineries and three gas fired power stations, in the other direction it's farmers fields for miles.

#60 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

We probably don't live all that far apart. By the sound of it i'm just a bit further north.

TEAM TAKECHAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users