461 replies to this topic

#41 Zennin

Zennin

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Let's see....

I've been a medically diagnosed insomniac for going on 5 years and take what are literally sedatives before I sleep every night :D

I spend between 15-20 hours at the gym every week, and am very close to being able to do statewide powerlifting / strongman competitions (have several friends/workout partners that DO compete)

When my friends find out that I like jpop / anime / asian culture I get a lot of really weird looks due to being a large muscular 24 year old white guy

I'm pretty sure I was the strongest guy at the morning musume concert in LA this last summer (sooo fun!!)

I have been following jpop (H!P specifically) for almost 7 years now <3 (Eri, plz marreh me, kthxbai <3!)

I think I'm probably the only one in the history of ever who leg presses 1400lbs and bench presses almost 400lbs whilst listening to morning musume :)!!!

I speak Norwegian and Swedish

I work in IT and have for almost four years now, doing tech support / business management for the company I work for ;)

#42 J-Kaida

J-Kaida

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

I still collect Pokemon cards. Try to top THAT! :wub:
Posted Image

#43 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:46 AM

i can only cry freely when i'm by myself. and if i do cry watching a sad movie or something with someone else, i can't look at them straight on.

#44 Soularflare GT

Soularflare GT

Eternity's Loyal Coder

• Senpai
  • 1113 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

I'm a couch potato. i'd rather having fun with my friends, i'd rather like to speak japanese than english~ (*in our house)

my friends mostly love rock (*pure rock) while i do love Morning Musume and other JPop musics. so they always tell me...

are you gay? XD (*loudly speaking.... NO IM NOT!)

#45 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

I have absolutely no problems with watching/listening/reading the same things over and over. and i MEAN over and over. and over again HAHAHA

this usually applies to MM related things
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#46 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

^oh me too! a few years ago, oklahoma had a really bad ice storm, and i didn't have phone service for a week or so, so no internet. i watched "ribbon no kishi" every day, and every night until i had my phone service turned back on.

#47 BryxW

BryxW

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4027 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

I haven't reached my 20's but already losing my hair.

#48 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

^ i feel you pain bro, same here... but look on the bright side... if we can be half as awesome as Patrick Stewart that would be awesome... He lost all his hair on his head before he turned 25...
I need my Airi

#49 GyaruSa

GyaruSa

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

My height, I'm only 152 cm and I'm gonna grow only 5 cm anymore.
My friend says that I look a little bit like Sayumi and Junjun. (I don't understand, I don't even look Asian. Maybe it was Junjun's weird smile X D.)
I can't say "Nozomi Tsuji" right, it sounds like "Shuzi."
When I'm bored, I dress up in my Death Note's Near-cosplay, and play that I'm him. (And now I have a Death Note! X D.)
I have quite low (and boyish) voice, but I always made it much higher (and cuter!)
I'm scared of little children.
I've read pervy fics since I was 9, I don't have any traumas and I understand everything about the fics.
I can drink 4 litre of Coke in one day.
I can hate someone for very stupid causes.

#50 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

I have absolutely no problems with watching/listening/reading the same things over and over. and i MEAN over and over. and over again HAHAHA

this usually applies to MM related things

I do that too....I'll listen to the same CD in my truck for a month before changing it and sing every single song over and over and over again. I do the same thing with books, movies, tv shows, magazines, and video games. I don't even remember how many times I've beaten Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I just start all over again after beating it.........or I'll go through and try to get EVERY single item that's programmed into the game (for that I've done it three times).

Another thing I do, I just naturally have my fingers curled into my hands and when I'm really concentrating on something or someone is trying to show me something and I'm really focused, my hands go into full fledged fists. One of my coworkers pointed that out to me one time. He told me to relax and I was; but he said it looked as if I was truly tense. Even my husband comes and unwraps my fingers. XD

I'm also very weak like the first 5 minutes when I wake up from sleeping. When I'm awake I'm pretty strong for my age and my size (I like to go to the gym too); but right when I wake up, I can't even wrap my hands around a glass of water and hold on to it. So I have to putter around the house for a few minutes before I can actually try to do anything.

Also, I'm 32 years old and people still mistake me for a high schooler! It gets kinda annoying even though everyone says I should take it as a compliment.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#51 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

^Really? When I was a freshman I was mistaken for a senior. :lol:

Also, you know how they say that there is at least one person who looks like you in the world? I found mine. :P She's a friend of mine that I have known for 5 years so far and people would mistake us for sisters all the time, and my two best friends looks exactly alike as well.

I fall in love with any musical, no matter how stupid or corny it looks. My brother has to make sure I don't watch the really stupid ones or else I fall in love with the songs. ><

I'm an auditory learner and can't function reading in my head, I have to read out loud.

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#52 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:13 AM

^
^i'm the same age, but i never get told i look like a teenager. at most, i'm told i look 22 to 25. and i certainly don't act my age. never have. my habit is i frown and furrow my eyebrows when i'm concentrating on something, or just in lala land. i'm always being told to smile, or asked if i'm mad.

^my friend and i look alike as well. i've also been told several times i look like someone else. i've been asked if i'm a gym teacher, to a college student (twice) if i'd gone to a certain high school, to being seen at a rave. each and every time i get told i look EXACTLY like that other person. i have a twin sister, but it seems i look more like other people than my own sister. :lol:

#53 Moka-chan

Moka-chan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

When I was younger *and kinda still now* I was SUPER afraid of like EVERYTHING.
Basically anything that wasn't happy and like really like peppy, would give me nightmares.
Phantom of the Opera; nightmares for a month
Listing to Sweeny Todd from the other room, not even WATCHING it; Nightmares for a week
Seeing a supernatural show; Nightmares for 3 months
Listening to a scary story; Nightmares for a month, and not being able to shower, without freaking
out after EVERY noise I heard.

I also couldn't walk in the dark, like if I needed to go upstairs, but all the lights downstairs were off, but
the one I was right by. I would start screaming for someone to come and turn on all the lights around me
so I could "safely" walk where ever I needed to go...

Also I'm freakish-ly flexible.. No one else in my family is, they can barley touch their toes.. I can put both
my hands on the floor, easily, and I can do a "American" split *vertical* but I can't do the "Chinese" *horizontal*
like at all ^^"

I'm just weird :lol:
Kusumi Koharu is the best!!!!!! Koharu will live on forever!

#54 BryxW

BryxW

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4027 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

@Seimei - Uchuu Daioh: lol I rather be the half of the half awesome than lost all my hair
hey bosley I need you

#55 dean winchester

dean winchester

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I have terrible social anxiety, hence why I prefer to lurk than to post....

Posted Image
DRESS ME UP IN BUBBLES, BABY, SAVE ME FROM THE TROUBLES OF MY OWN SKIN.

#56 Muukau

Muukau

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1125 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

This is really embarassing...
I've tried to over come this for a long time but... I'm trypophobic.
I can't help but get goosebumps all over my body when I see cluster of holes (ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S SOMETHING IN THEM)
One time, I tried to over come this fear by looking at different pictures of holes and stuff but still...ew...
I can't breathe, my heart thumps like crazy, chills over my body...just can't think straight when I look at them.
The only cluster of holes that I am fine with are speakers and earphones.
If I feared them too, it would be quite sad.

Today, in my class, I borrowed an eraser from my friend, and...T_T
I don't understand people who poke holes in their erasers...what's so fun about that????????

I'm not scared of horror movies or haunted houses but I'm scared of cluster of holes (especially with something in them)...
It's sad.
AYAKA YUUKA KANON SAKI keep your SMILE!
please visit MY BLOG

#57 Minuki

Minuki

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

I'm barely a teenager and I have several gray hairs. Um, yeah, fun. ._.

I have terrible social anxiety, hence why I prefer to lurk than to post....

This. I've had an account on another forum for almost two years and lately I've been doing nothing but lurking.
But, I feel more comfortable posting here because we all have at least one thing in common. :whistle:

#58 dean winchester

dean winchester

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

This. I've had an account on another forum for almost two years and lately I've been doing nothing but lurking.
But, I feel more comfortable posting here because we all have at least one thing in common. :lol:

I'm trying my best to come out of my shell! Everyone's really interesting & funny, so I'm trying to be a part of that. I feel much better, though, knowing that other posters suffer from that, as well. Thank you. XP

Posted Image
DRESS ME UP IN BUBBLES, BABY, SAVE ME FROM THE TROUBLES OF MY OWN SKIN.

#59 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

i can bargain without saying a word (this happens in hong kong) ^^; for example, if i see necklaces, i just have to stand there and keep choosing the ones i like, for like...15-30 mins, and the sales person will come up to me and start lowering the price lower, and lower, and lower :( :P

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#60 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I find it really hard to drink pure orange juice so generally stay away from the stuff. The reason for this is because when I was really young I went in to my nan's greenhouse and drank pesticide which she had mixed up and stored in a Lemonade bottle (I climbed up the shelving unit to get it). I was taken to hospital and to get the pesticide out of my system I was given something to make me throw up mixed with pure orange juice... Now, 26 years on, everytime I attempt to drink some I have to stop myself from retching :)

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users