846 replies to this topic

#21 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

^
^i think it needs to be updated...cuz i'm pretty sure shouganai, NR, seishun bus guide, and ryuusei boy should be at the top too ;)

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#22 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

A list of audition numbers (I'm strange like that):

The numbers are linked to screencaps of which I to believe be their number

I don't have 1st and 2nd gen audition
Maki: 305
Rika: 149
Yossie: 88
Tsuji: 11
Kago: 338
-Watching the 5th gen audition I don't see their numbers-
Miki: 511 (from the 4th gen audition)
Eri: 5501
Sayumi: 9255
Reina: 1803 by Jpop stop (no screencaps to back it up)
Koharu: 173
Mitsui: 397
Junjun and Linlin didn't have any

Also another add on: Mitsui was the first girl to ever join Musume with braces on. :santa:

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#23 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

Mitsui had braces on

omg i never notice
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#24 ♥Sancchan♥

♥Sancchan♥

悪魔の恋人

• Senpai
  • 2401 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

^LOL me neither ^^;
Any pictures of her from that time? <3

#25 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

Here are some screen caps from the audition special:
Attached File  vlcsnap_2009_11_28_11h51m22s220.png   324.07K   121 downloads Attached File  vlcsnap_2009_11_28_11h51m51s251.png   480.22K   208 downloads Attached File  vlcsnap_2009_11_28_11h51m59s53.png   485.43K   94 downloads Attached File  vlcsnap_2009_11_28_11h52m11s199.png   460.25K   64 downloads Attached File  vlcsnap_2009_11_28_11h55m45s27.png   549.85K   97 downloads

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX

#26 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

oh snap she did

wonder why i never notice them
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#27 °Manna

°Manna

ガキカメ♪ガキカメ亀井絵里!

• Senpai
  • 4766 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

^
oh yeah me too~ http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/ohmy.gif
and her braces are not those metals its like a plastic braces for not easily to notice~
it has the same braces i have when i have my braces~

Posted Image
Loyal Fan of Kamei Eri

#28 HealthySummer

HealthySummer

Triple Threat :>

• Senpai
  • 2155 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

^

If I'm not mistaken those are called Retainers used I think after 2-3 years of wearing braces that's why we don't see her with those anymore http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/laugh.gif

(I don't have braces and never did I just got that info from my friends who had braces :lol: )

#29 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

rare for japanese any how

since most girls have crooked teeth

but they sure look cute with crooked teeth(see nono when she first joined)

but times changing in japan i guess parents are starting to get into taking kids to dentisted more now

good thing for Mitsui
Posted Image

#30 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

I do have one trivia... Did you know there's a language called Mari? It's related to Finnish, but spoken by very very few people these days... Mari is also a common name in Finland XD

And there is a city in Ghana in Africa called Aibon.

#31 HealthySummer

HealthySummer

Triple Threat :>

• Senpai
  • 2155 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

Did you know Morning Musume was referenced at Death Note

:lol: ^_^ It's ithe 4th Chapter of the manga

Attached File  18.jpg   56.27K   334 downloads

that's from Onemanga

in my english translated manga. It says "Went to Saitama Super Arena with a friend to watch the Morning Musume concert" :lol: ^_^ I was so freaked out when I read that at school :huh:

#32 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

did you know there was once somthing called "'Love Machine' Curse"

it predicts when members will leave.

The cover of the first single Maki Goto appeared in, "Love Machine", has given rise to what is known as the "'Love Machine' Curse". If one looks at the columns on the cover from right to left, the first six people are arranged in order of their graduations.

But Nozomi and Ai Kago's January 2004 graduation announcement debunked the "'Love Machine' Curse", as they were not in Morning Musume at that time.
Posted Image

#33 J-Triumf

J-Triumf

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

The Tsuji/Kago graduation didn't necessarily break the "curse", because the remaining members from the Love Machine cover (Iida, then Yaguchi) still left the group in the "predicted" order. It is pretty weird how that worked out, though.

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - Ask.fm - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

#34 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

I did have braces and that there, isn't a retainer. She only has braces on the top of her mouth. The bands are white to make them look plastic. Those are metal ones (like I had, oh the pain)

23vete9.jpg

#35 J-Triumf

J-Triumf

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

And now it's time for a new segment: Fun with name kanji!

Nearly half of Morning Musume's 25 all-time members have names that consist of four kanji characters. Asuka Fukuda (福田明日香) and Sayaka Ichii (市井紗耶香) are the only ones with five. Aya Ishiguro (石黒彩), Kei Yasuda (保田圭), Nozomi Tsuji (辻希美) and Ai Takahashi (高橋愛) have three, with Tsuji being the only member overall (let alone among the 3-kanji members) whose family name is only one character (辻). Natsumi Abe (安倍なつみ), Hitomi Yoshizawa (吉澤ひとみ), Sayumi Michishige (道重さゆみ), and Reina Tanaka (田中れいな) have given names written in hiragana; in Tanaka's case, she changed her name to hiragana to avoid confusion with actress and fellow Fukuoka native Rena Tanaka, as they use the same kanji for their name (麗奈). Asami Konno (紺野あさ美) has a given name that consists of both hiragana and kanji. The two Chinese members are the only ones with either two-kanji names or katakana names: Li Chun (李純) AKA Junjun (ジュンジュン), and Qian Lin (銭琳) AKA Linlin (リンリン).

Inspired by the blog Delicious Cake Project as well as the December 26, 2002 episode of Utaban (in which Kago memorably uses her own name as a 4-kanji idiom), here are everyone's names and what they mean in English:

Kanji-only names
Yuko Nakazawa: 中澤裕子 Inside swamp, fertile child
Aya Ishiguro: 石黒彩 Stone black, paint
Kaori Iida: 飯田圭織 Food rice field, square jewel weave
Asuka Fukuda: 福田明日香 Fortunate rice field, bright sun scent
Kei Yasuda: 保田圭 Guaranteed rice field, square jewel
Mari Yaguchi: 矢口真里 Arrow mouth (somehow this seems appropriate for her), genuine neighborhood
Sayaka Ichii: 市井紗耶香 Market well, silk gauze question scent
Maki Goto: 後藤真希 Rear wisteria, genuine rarity
Rika Ishikawa: 石川梨華 Stone river, Asian pear blossom
Nozomi Tsuji: 辻希美 Crossroad, rare beauty
Ai Kago: 加護亜依 Holy protection, sub-reliance (given name is hard to translate)
Ai Takahashi: 高橋愛 High bridge, love
Makoto Ogawa: 小川麻琴 Small river, hemp zither
Risa Niigaki: 新垣里沙 New fence, neighborhood one-hundred-millionth (seriously)
Miki Fujimoto: 藤本美貴 Tree-climbing (or wisteria origin), honorific beauty
Eri Kamei: 亀井絵里 Turtle well, picture neighborhood
Reina Tanaka: 田中麗奈, Rice field middle, beautiful Nara (as in the Japanese city/prefecture)
Koharu Kusumi: 久住小春 Long time living, early autumn
Aika Mitsui: 光井愛佳 Light well, love excellence
Li Chun: 李純 Prune, innocence
Qian Lin: 銭琳 Coin, jewel

Kanji/hiragana combos (hiragana translations are approximate)
Natsumi Abe: 安倍なつみ Cheap twice, summer beauty
Hitomi Yoshizawa: 吉澤ひとみ Good luck swamp, eyes
Asami Konno: 紺野あさ美 Deep blue field, morning beauty
Sayumi Michishige: 道重さゆみ Main street, hot water beauty

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - Ask.fm - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

#36 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Mari Yaguchi: 矢口真里 Arrow mouth (somehow this seems appropriate for her), genuine neighborhood

why does arrow mean loud...LOL
Posted Image

#37 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Google translator often translates the "Ai" part of Aibon's name as "Asia depends."

Konkon's given name is probably the most unconventional being two hiragana's followed by the kanji for "beautiful" (MI), which is common in girls' names such as Miki's.

#38 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:15 PM

Aika Mitsui: 光井愛佳 Light well, love excellence

How accurate of Mitsui. :sob: Thanks for this. I love random things like this. :sob:

If you want to go along with HealthySummer's idea of Musume in manga the mangaka of Full Moon o Sagashite stated that in character designs for the character Mitsuki Koyama, her hair style was based off of Kago Ai's hair in Morning Musume (this is early years). Here is a scan from my book:
Posted Image
I do believe she mentions them again but I have to check the books.

23vete9.jpg

#39 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

^
Also to add on about HealthySummer's and Risa/Misa's idea of Morning Musume in Manga. LOL XD

In volume 1 of LoveLess by the mangaka, Yun Koga. On page 13 of the series one of the character's Yuiko ask the main character, Ritsuka Aoyami if he likes Momusu (Morning Musume) and what's his favorite character. Ritsuka never replies to that fact but Yuiko continues on stated that her favorite member is Gomaki (Maki Goto).

Posted Image

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

#40 wvTanakaFan

wvTanakaFan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I found this artical on the Japan Times website about Morning Musume it gives some good information. Its an interview with Takahashi, Niigaki, and LinLin also a few things about Morning Musume behind the action from the groups manager Kouichi Nishikata. I found the artical to be very insightful and informative so i hope you guys enjoy the read. I tried to make a new topic for this artical in the forum but i can't start topics yet. so enjoy.

Here's the link to the artical

http://search.japant...20090313r1.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users