Photo

What do you think about pressure?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Pressure? (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like working/studying under pressure?

1. It's necessary, I work best under pressure. (64 votes [44.76%])

Percentage of vote: 44.76%

2. No, I don't like having pressure. (79 votes [55.24%])

Percentage of vote: 55.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 LuisH

LuisH

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

I don`t like having preassure but it`s vital for me to get things done.

#42 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

YEAH I LOVE PRESSURE

#43 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

I work best under pressure, but it has not been good for my health. I've pushed myself to the limit throughout my whole life, particularly with sports and studies during high school and now a university curriculum that I can barely handle. I've had two ulcers already, and my first ulcer was at 18 years old. They probably weren't caused by stress though, but by me skipping out on meals simply because I didn't have time to eat, and then eating meals at odd times. The added stress probably made them worse though.

I guess pressure is good only if you have a way of relieving the stress caused from it..... :/
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#44 °Manna

°Manna

ガキカメ♪ガキカメ亀井絵里!

• Senpai
  • 4766 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

i dont like pressures~it leads me too much thinking and panicking~ :lol: it makes me a total wacko~but if needs to pressure me in certain things to get me in the right thing i will accept it~

but pressure is in reality you have to accept it~ :huh: its a part of life~ XD

Posted Image
Loyal Fan of Kamei Eri

#45 vlaxirious

vlaxirious

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

I'm not it the best condition if i am in pressure . . .
Its better if someone warn me but not to press me . . .
i hate under pressure . . .
i'll be worse if i am under pressure . . .

#46 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

pressure doesnt work on me that much :sob: but i noe i need it for hmwk and stuff...or i'll take weeks to do it :P

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#47 Gidz

Gidz

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Pressure is my middle name... LoL!!!

Pretty much what everyone else said here, yeah, you really work best under pressure. Although the results are both in extremes... Either you get it REALLY RIGHT or REALLY WRONG! But when I got it wrong, hell, I don't even bother caring anymore of the outcome. If you really can't do it, then you can't. Bad things really happen, you can't avoid it. That's life. Even by choosing foods, those that are delicious are the ones that are unhealthy, while those that taste disgusting are actually the ones that are healthy for you (Seriously speaking ok.) That's how unfair life really is!
I hope I will see Cinderella before 2100!

#48 wekalein

wekalein

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

I get soo stressed if I get pressured into something.
It's either I do really fine or screw up big time.
It's black or white.
Mostly I do well because I don't try until I get pressured <3
But definitely I do not want to be pressured into anything

#49 Marida

Marida

卒業した

• Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

Now I really know I don't like pressure that lasts for too long: I have 7 hard exams in a month: you study and study, go to the exam and on the same night start studying for the next one and at some point (like now) you feel like can't possibly study anymore but you just have to 'cos there's no end in sight XD . Gosh, done this for 4 weeks now and it'll last until 11. of Jan =S.

I don't like pressure of this kind. Short termed yeah, it gets me thing done too, but not this!

Mari fan since 2005!

#50 Lil Rocker

Lil Rocker

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

I'm not good with pressure at all. Since im always relaxed - I dont like it! :(
I freak out and forget stuff that im supposed to get or remember when im under pressure :D

#51 Waku!Waku!

Waku!Waku!

KameiAleque

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

iam under pressure when iam at school..
school stuffs etc...
Posted Image
Set is made by Silverwind [GEE TEE].

"i am your pudding's jelly, would you like to eat me?"
-Taeyeon (SNSD)

#52 Soularflare GT

Soularflare GT

Eternity's Loyal Coder

• Senpai
  • 1113 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

I am a patient one! so i don't think i encountered too much pressure. pressure in school? hmm.. not that much. :good:

#53 RaiiHeartGKM

RaiiHeartGKM

Crazy C-ute Fangirl ♥

• Senpai
  • 1507 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

I don't like pressure but pressure makes me do things... I'm lazy....lol

OVh3oXQ.png

C-ute 最高 ♥ Maimi NakkyAiriChisaMai ♥ 

#54 ぐ-ちゃん ♡

ぐ-ちゃん ♡

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

I hate pressure.
I just feel worse if I haven't been able to do the homework in time.
And all the teachers have the expectations that I'll do it in time just make it worse.
I'm really turtle-ish!

But if it's about singing and such, pressure really helps. :P

#55 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

It depends on the type of pressure. Pressure such as deadlines aren't too bad in the long run, but studying pressure overall can be really demoralising, especially if you're studying really hard yet don't seem to be going anywhere. It's usually not the person's fault, they're just not in the right mental frame of mind, largely because of the pressure.

I try to detach myself from the 'course' whilst studying, remember why I decided to study what I study, and try to study it on my own terms. Easier said that done though, of course.

#56 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

I'm a stress junkie, personally. If I'm not under pressure I slack off. When I slack off, I feel guilty for not getting much done. When I'm under pressure, I work like a man possessed and feel great for getting a lot done. However, a lot of stress over a long period without any minor accomplishments can drive a person crazy. ^_^

#57 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:10 AM

That's a good mindset to be in. Generally, 'pressure' is the feeling of having to do somethng against one's will, so it's positive if you're mentally able to turn that around.

#58 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

Pressure causes me anxiety ... and I don't mean it makes me feel anxious, I mean it causes me actual anxiety; I fumble over my own words, my body won't digest food properly, I feel lost (literally) in familiar surroundings and I don't know if I'm coming or going.

I feel like I'm going to fall apart, but that's only on the inside of me. To an onlooker, I'd seem as calm, stable and mature as everyone else.

However, I find that when it gets to me the most is when I'm THINKING about what needs to be done, and not actually DOING it. If I'm doing it, I'm fine.

I find a healthy amount of exercise helps clear my head, also (regardless of the nature of the exercise, so long as it's SOME form of exercise).

But if I have NO pressure, then I don't do anything at all ...

I voted No.

#59 erhard

erhard

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

For me preassure is really important because I'm really lazy! and when I'm not under preasure don't work. I let it all for the next day and next and next and in the end I don't work XD

#60 BryxW

BryxW

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4027 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

I'm being more productive when i'm under pressure but sometimes I feel like not doing what I'm supposed to be doing because I know that I won't be be able to finish it time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users