Photo

What do you think about pressure?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Pressure? (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like working/studying under pressure?

1. It's necessary, I work best under pressure. (64 votes [44.76%])

Percentage of vote: 44.76%

2. No, I don't like having pressure. (79 votes [55.24%])

Percentage of vote: 55.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Momowota

Momowota

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

I hate it! >_< The deadlines for assignments being too tight, the study fees increasing, the changes in exam schedules, the relationship with people around, especially those whom I dislike but have to hang around with and so on. It makes me stress, explode and finally collapse. Though it forces me to devote more effort, the quality of output usually seemed to be not as outstanding as it should be after that much effort had been put into it.

I simply can't stand it, but I guess most of people enjoy working under pressure as it makes them to be more productive. So what do you think about it?
Posted Image

#2 vdfritz

vdfritz

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

i don't really care, i don't feel pressure at all

#3 槇土 (Makito)

槇土 (Makito)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Well, I like and don't like pressure. Sometimes when I'm under pressure by my friends and family it adds humor to the situation, but there are other times where I'm just to tired and I feel like, "Do I have to do this now? :whistle: "... :lol:

#4 Yumame

Yumame

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

I always try to maintain a "blank-looking" face in every situation, because I feel the need to keep silent (and not just burst out mad coz' I'm pressured with stuff).

So I voted the second option, but I'm like a Submarine...
What?
What??
What???

#5 gl-ORI-ficus

gl-ORI-ficus

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

Without pressure, most likely is that I will never get anything done. So I don't particularly like it, but I know that I need it.

Geez, I can be so freaking lazy <_<

#6 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

I find it best to work under pressure, it keeps me motivated. Also it works well in my line of work. Getting shot at is a good way to get things done quicker.

#7 bboy_eternity

bboy_eternity

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

I don't like pressure, but I don't really feel it during school. I'm a complete procrastinator from the age of 9(seriously...). I work on anything that doesn't interest me at the last moment ahahaha B)
"If music was a virus and dancing the disease...I hope everyone gets infected without any chance for a cure."

"Never let go of your passion and remember how it started when it gets hard."

"Breakdancing shows the world what the real hip hop is. Real hip hop doesn't discriminate. Real hip hop is all cultures put into one. It is peace, unity, love, and having fun, under the oneness of God, no matter what God you pray to."

Me Breakdancing videos

#8 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

Without pressure, most likely is that I will never get anything done. So I don't particularly like it, but I know that I need it.

Totally agree. I never finish drawings if I'm not under pressure B)

g8aHT2F.gif

#9 oleg

oleg

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

I do nothing when I'm not under pressure.
But I don't like being under pressure either. I guess, it's best when it's coming from myself or someone I like.
I really need to be pushed...

#10 「REDX」

「REDX」

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1300 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:31 AM

Pressure is good to a certian extend.
Setting deadline is a good way to get things done because without i dont think i would ever ^^

Posted Image

#11 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

I'm a procrastinator. I'm using to having the pressure of an upcoming deadline. I don't necessary like it, I'm just use to it. I'm a very lax person.
Together.jpg

#12 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

^ I agree completely.

For me, my family puts pressure on me to get good grades in school, or I won;t be able to get any money, and therefore, I know I won;t be able to buy any more games for my Wii and DS, won;t be able to go to the movies, and most importantly, I won't be able to buy any H!P goods.

Of course, if the pressure to get good grades wasn't there, I would probably get grounded with the grades I would take home.

Life is but a movie.

#13 Aim_Aim

Aim_Aim

Nyappy

• Senpai
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:53 AM

I really hate pressure. I'm a born worrier, so pressure just adds to my worrying. But I'm also a procrastinator so I have to deal with pressure a lot. In school I would never finish my assignments until the last possible second. That was mostly because of sheer laziness. :lol: I wouldn't really say pressure has ever motivated me to anything, it was failing that did. My family never pressured me into getting good grades. Their mottos were "do your best" and "at least you tried." But I guess in a way the pressure to get into college made me want to get good grades. :ph34r:

Aside from school, I never let my friends or family pressure me into anything. If something is a bad idea, regardless of who's doing it, I wouldn't care.

Posted Image

Read my blogs? ☆Janakya MottainaiDaily Dose of Amy

#14 vdfritz

vdfritz

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:51 AM

^ I agree completely.

For me, my family puts pressure on me to get good grades in school, or I won;t be able to get any money, and therefore, I know I won;t be able to buy any more games for my Wii and DS, won;t be able to go to the movies, and most importantly, I won't be able to buy any H!P goods.

Of course, if the pressure to get good grades wasn't there, I would probably get grounded with the grades I would take home.

i never got any money for doing things

my parents tried to make me work with fear, but i just never cared... i was allways having terrible grades in school, and i even repeated a year (repeated? can't find the word)

and buying games were never a problem, here piracy is EXTREMELY strong, an snes game for example would cost less than 1/4 of the original price, so i just waited for my birthday and asked 3 or 4 games, same for christmas, so 6~8 games a year were more than enough

piracy is almost a culture, people think of buying false stuff before imagining that the original thing is there

even now, i have a nintendo DS for 3 years and have only 1 original game (megaman ZX) all other games i've played were through flashcards
same for ps2, i have it for 4 years and i've never even put a original copy inside it (not even rented)

ofcourse when i have the money, i do buy the original stuff (like morning musume singles or some games) but i'm just an exception, here you choose your console based on wich has the easiest piracy
just sad :/ why the hell was i born in this stupid place

#15 Sludgie-kun

Sludgie-kun

M-line member

• Senpai
  • 1581 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

^You can't change those circumstances, but you can make the most out of them I guess.

I like pressure because it makes me a stronger person. Sure it kills me in the process, but when you emerge out of it, you're a stronger person. Other than work oriented pressure...peer pressure never forced me into doing anything :lol: I don't believe in getting a girlfriend now, I don't believe in ever buying a car or a house where I come from. You have to spend the next 20 years paying it off, which translates to slavery by debt. Shocking thing is, so many people consent to it!

I believe freedom is more important than a car or a house, and I'd rather live life on the move rather than to slog away 20 years of my life to pay for something material, something that won't even add much to your life XD And hey, I don't think I'd get married for having that sort of thinking! Too bad for me I guess. That sort of peer pressure, I don't like...to conform to society and to do what everyone else is doing just because they're doing it, no matter how ridiculous it is.

矢口真里, 夢を持つことを教えてくれて, ありがとう!!!

心から感謝しています。一緒に将来のことを見出しましょう!!!

#16 ♥Sancchan♥

♥Sancchan♥

悪魔の恋人

• Senpai
  • 2401 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

I like working under pressure because then I'll do better than usual, knowing I'm under pressure.
Very simple. :w00t:

#17 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

I'm one of the biggest procrastinators you'll find. The one thing I don't like about working under pressure is that, I think I do a crappy job and then get really good marks on my work. I feel like I've cheated all those hard working people.

Not working under pressure, I have time to check over things and do stuff to the best of my ability. I've realized that it's better to get things done right away and not have to be as stressed out about it, rather than purposely doing them last minute.

I guess pressure has made me realize some things and caused me to change, so that's one of the good points about it. Although I don't want pressure, it's one of the things that keeps me going :)

#18 chikichi

chikichi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 808 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

It seems like most of us here agree that pressure keeps us going...

But I still voted "No, I don't like having pressure" since pressure makes the process less interesting :)

#19 QuickCrusader

QuickCrusader

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

1 word describe pressure = bad :( . it's belong to negative nature.
for me working under pressure is not healthy, it's keeps my brain working more then it should.
for now, i manage to resist myself from working under pressure and the result is i'm happy
life should have happiness :)

#20 Yumame

Yumame

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

^x? Peer pressure? so far I have not encountered it, or not remembering to giving in on something like that.
And with that, the pressure of my father being irritated about me still studying, I'm also not working well (but fine) with my studies, my response to pressure is bad, so I don't like it...
What?
What??
What???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users