• Please log in to reply
943 replies to this topic

#901 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:15 AM

^Crap, I did it again. I always count the Orange Islands as their own Generation. I did a nuzelocke run for Leaf Green and Heart Gold and then for Omega Ruby. The first two went quite well, the later went pretty badly given it's a game for my least favorite generation.

#902 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

Ah, it's fine. I forget about the Orange Islands existence. But I've ran into a good amount of 7th gen Pokemon. They're more spread out than in the previous generation, because 7th gen has a few more Pokemon (I think it's eight) than 6th gen. But with X/Y, you were bombarded with the new Pokemon the moment you hit the grass. I guess with Sun/Moon, it has to be spread out since there's four islands. I'm not complaining, since my favorite
Pokemon (Lucario) is in it. 

But I think another thing is the appearance rates for some of the new Pokemon are at 5%. It took me well over five hours to find a Stufful, and there's several others with really low appearance rates. 

#903 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:23 AM

^Aside from using the fire starter in Sun and the water starter in Moon I've got a team in each game with no other Alola originated Pokemon. It takes something away from the experience to be playing new Pokemon games and not be able to see more brand new Pokemon more often nor capture too many of them easily due to low appearance rates. That was one of the magical things about Pokemon, seeing and capturing all those new and original creatures. Right up there with training them up and seeing what they're made of.

General Speak: What would you all say is the funniest Pokemon yet? For me it's the Vanilla family. I mean really, ice cream? What surprised me the most was that this completely hilarious line of Pokemon at face value, turned out to be quite useful beneath the surface.

#904 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

^ I think Klefki is a pretty funny looking one, I love using it but lol it's just a keyring holding some keys ^^;

I thought this was funny and this too.

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#905 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

^Good one. Also those links you provided have made my day. Gotta say I was kind of disappointed that Sun and Moon continues the trend of any food or drinks you buy being for your Pokemon rather than yourself (the fade to blacks at the Pokemon centers when you buy drinks from the barman don't count I want to see my character eat and drink stuff). They've been teasing us since Gen 1 about being able to order food for our player rather than our Pokemon and 20 years later they still haven't made it possible. I'm still waiting for them to put me on a cruise ship where I can order me some pie like that one girl was trying to do with the waiter on the St. Anne.

#906 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:01 AM

Pokemon Sun and Moon continue the legacy of giving us creepy Pokedex entries. Actually, Sun and Moon took it to another level. I think this JWittz video sums up some of the more creepy and depressing ones.

Oh yeah, according to the Pokedex, mega-evolutions turn Pokemon into heartless, sadistic, killing machines.

Enjoy.

#907 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

^ When playing the game, I read a similar dex entry about the Corsola bits/remains but I didn't think much of it. Thinking about it now, it is quite grim ^^;

Ok so I've been breeding some Mimikyus(I've gotten to 3 full IVs, just a bit more to 5 perfect IVs!) and I noticed that you can pass on the type of Pokeball it is encased in no matter what gender, if you breed it with a Ditto! Yes! Last gen, you can pass down the type of pokeball only when a female Pokemon is bred with a Ditto(male Pokemon bred with a Ditto will only get the Pokemon in a normal pokeball). This little detail won't mean much to some people but to me, who likes my Pokemon to be in a certain type of pokeball, it is a blessing! Lol 

Anybody interested in a Mimikyu? I'm searching for Rowlet  XD

P.S breeding Pokemon in this gen is easier and more fun thanks to the in built IV checker or maybe that's just me ^^; Oh and I haven't even started on the post game, haven't caught any of the Tapus(I only have TKoko) and UBs lol

Edit: Hatched a shiny!  :w00t: Only 1 perfect IV though...

H!P Comics

#908 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:59 AM

I'm in the mid of Ultra Beast catching (can't beat Mina for now), so I decided to check this thread again. Didn't dare to before because Europe is half a week behind North America and Japan :lol:

I agree that the story telling aspect was a bit too much, I would've wanted a bit more freedom. In the end it didn't matter that much, but especially in the beginning it was like cut scene - walking 5 steps - cut scene - walking 5 steps.. ^^; Also the lag is pretty bad, at least in 2vs2 fights. Funnily Battle Royale doesn't lag for me.

Personally I don't think the game is easier than X/Y or ORAS, not that it was overly challenging but some fights were a bit tough for me (but I also have a rather unbalanced team so...).

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#909 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:33 AM

The game gets harder as it goes on (from what I've noticed, if you're not on top of leveling up, NPCs can become 5-8 levels stronger than you fairly quickly), but it's not bad. The beginning island ended up feeling more like a tutorial than part of the story.

I'm currently on Poni Island, battling the Kahuna. I've enjoyed the game so far, but I'm taking my time. 

I heard the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime isn't too bad, but it's having it's share of disturbing things in the form of Mimikyu.

http://kotaku.com/mi...nime-1789360318

#910 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Does anyone have a Pikachu with the Lightning Rod ability?

Okay anyone has a Pikachu with good IVs?

I have some Stufful and Mimikyu up for trade.

Edit: I encountered a Pichu with the ability just as I posted that ^^;

Edit2: Lol I expected to take longer when breeding for the Pikachu but I finished earlier than expected ^^; Now I have some good IV Pichus for trade as well!

H!P Comics

#911 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:09 AM

So, I was playing the game, and got to the point where you can catch the cover legendary (Solgaleo for me). What is the catch rate on this thing? I caught it with a quick ball on the first turn... I wasn't expecting the quick ball to work. lol

#912 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

I don't have the statistics but I think the legendaries for the games like Rayquaza from ORAS and Lunala/Solgaleo from Sun/Moon are made easily catchable but the Tapus and UBs are harder to catch. 

BTW has anyone tried breeding to get a female Salandit before? OMG trying to get the correct IVs and have it female has been a nightmare for me!  :o Also cheers to Battle Royal NPC trainers, all 3 of them aiming your Pokemon, getting destroyed and getting last place! SO FUN!  :unsure:

Speaking of Battle Royal, anyone up for a match, just a friendly game using our in game teams?

H!P Comics

#913 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

I find it funny that I caught Solgaleo with a dive ball. 

Breeding female Salandits with good IVs, I gave up on that lol. Apparently the NPC targets aim at the strongest trainer, sooo my army of Boldores! Friendly match or not, BOLDORES! or my army of pheromosas I got from moon too.

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#914 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Ok cool so how do I make a "lobby" or whatever, do we have to be friends first? How does it work? I haven't touched the online battle stuff cuz I have no friends ^^;

H!P Comics

#915 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Am I the only one finding this game super boring? I've only reached the second island but can't make myself pick it up again.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#916 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Granted, it starts very slowly and then kicks off only to go very fast. In general due to this it feels much shorter than other games.

Not my favourite in the series, but I think it's charming. Maybe I'm too much into idols now though so I come to like the weaknesses more than the strengths.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#917 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

^^

The first island is basically a tutorial. It's starts picking up during the third trial (Mallow I believe?). Then, it's pretty fast from there, but post-game, there's the UB mission featuring the ever recurring Looker.

SPOILERISH

Spoiler

#918 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

^ Lillie is love, Lillie is life ^^;

Just caught all the Tapus and Ultra Beasts, the UBs were easy to catch but the Tapus and that 1 legendary Pokemon were a bit tougher. You get a million pokebucks after you've caught all the UBs, that was surpring. I'd run out of money when I tried to buy all the TMs so that was good timing ^^; Gonna spend it on the other TMs and clothes.

H!P Comics

#919 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I adore Lillie. Honestly I adore like all the main characters in the game a LOT. 

I haven't seen the Pokefinder feature pop up a lot, but it may be that I just don't notice/I'm not paying enough attention. It's a fun little addition, though!

#920 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

I love Lillie so much.

If you're having trouble with PokeFinder spots, here they are! I'm also half way there to ver 5 cam lol.

Spoiler

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users