• Please log in to reply
943 replies to this topic

#1 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

I'm really surprised that there wasn't a Pokemon topic here already.

Well, yeah, title speaks for itself.

The games get a bad rap, but I don't know why. Any one of the games has basically endless gameplay, good storyline and are actually pretty fun. I used to think it was childish until I picked up my old Gold version a few weeks ago and started playing it again. Now I'm hooked on Platinum version.

So anyways, talk about your favorite Pokemon here, favorite games, post your friend codes, set up trades, etc.

Life is but a movie.

#2 NaNa_JuuIchi

NaNa_JuuIchi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1886 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for starting Pokemon game topic. My FCs are addressed at my signature.

My first ver. is red (gb). I love it so much. It's first rpg game that I can clear without using walkthrough.
Platinum is latest ver. but I'm still playing Diamond. I'd like to complete Natonal Pokedex of this ver.

Here are links for official guides of D,P & PT I uploaded.
Diamond & Pearl Guide (Prima)
Platinum Guide (Prima)

FC みやび : 2578-3091-8161 / PKMB2 : 5458-5718-1550
Now playing : [3DS] モンスターハンター4G
GLOW_02.jpg

#3 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue. Played through all the main games.
I'm now waiting for the remakes of Pokemon Gold & Silver.

I'm hoping for the next original Pokemon games in the series (as in Blue/red, gold/silver etc..) change a little more. Hoping the battle system is a little different. I want them to start fresh with all the Pokemon, there are way too many now, I'd love if they just gave us like 150-250 brand new pokemon, and only a few classics.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#4 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:15 AM

@NaNa_JuuIchi: Yep, no problem, I was surprised to find out that there wasn't one here already. I already have the Prima guide, it's freaking huge! Like a Harry Potter book. But I'm sure people who don't have the guide will appreciate it very much XD
If you ever want to trade or battle, let me know. I'm always looking for people to battle.

@Nathan: I'd say the gold & Silver remakes are a good place to start for new players and players who haven't played in a while. The remakes look to be very promising. A video on Youtube showed the magnet train pulling into the station (confirms Kanto in the remakes), and maybe it was because the quality of the video wasn't too great, but I thought it was a real train for a moment.
I'd have it imported when it comes out, but I can't read much Japanese and the storyline is a big part for me in games.

Life is but a movie.

#5 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

I played long time ago one Pokemon game on Game Boy. It was black and white and something jrpg style.
Interesting game but GB wasn't mine so I played it only a few days.
Posted Image

#6 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

^ Black and white? Can't say I've heard of that one, sounds interesting though.

Life is but a movie.

#7 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

^the black and white ones were Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, though they have color if played on GBC/GBA.

Anyways I used to play Pokemon on GB as a kid... now I play it on emulators (then I can trade without having multiples gameboys and a connector). I have a full pokedex of 151 on my Red version (obtained mew through a glitch) and have like 240 on Gold now.

#8 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:13 AM

^ Oh, I only had a Gameboy color back when I played those games all the time, never knew they could be in black 'n white on a normal GB. I have about 140 out of the 151 on my Yellow, got Mew through the Cerulean glitch. The only ones I don't have are some Eeveelutions and ones that evolve through trade. It's really hard to find someone willing to trade with you on those old games, and even harder to find someone with an original GBC link cable.

Life is but a movie.

#9 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

I played one of the pokemon games long time ago, but I never suceed.

And of course I played Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2 and I missedp laying them. :)
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#10 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

And what is the difference between Red/Green/Blue/Yellow versions?
Posted Image

#11 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

^ Well, no real differences between red/blue, other than the color theme in the game and catchable pokemon.

Green was only released in Japan, if I'm correct. When bringing Pokemon to the West, Japan thought Blue would suit the Westerners better, and make the game more appealing.

Yellow is the only true different one, as you started the game with Pikachu, who would follow you around, and you could talk to him. Plus, the color schemes were better, and you could also obtain Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle, the starting Pokemon in red/blue/green. And in those games, you could only get one starter.

So Yellow is superior to the other games in my opinion.

Life is but a movie.

#12 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

^Actually Blue was a improved graphics remake of Red/Green in Japan and then the US Red/Blue are both based off the JP Blue version.

#13 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

and there are some pokemons that you can only find in one game :D
Posted Image

#14 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

I have Pokemon Diamond and I just always seem to have the problem of putting the game down near the end and then picking it back up like a year later only to forget what the heck I'm doing and ends up in me restarting the game. Otherwise, I love it!

#15 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

^ Lol, I do that too with my old Gameboy versions

Life is but a movie.

#16 まいはっち

まいはっち

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1576 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

Kanto just got confirmed on heart gold/soul silver
http://www.pokemon.c...cial/movie.html
play the third movie on the page
so nostalgic, this is the 3rd remix of Route 1 song I think

#17 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

^ I was hoping for that, to return to Kanto.

Just curious, how many of you here are going to buy Heart Gold/Soul Silver?
Gold and Silver were my favorite games of all. I played Silver as a kid, so I will buy Gold this time around.

The pain is going to be trading all my Pokemon in my Platinum game to the new game, then breeding and evolving them... these games sure do suck up a lot of time.

Life is but a movie.

#18 NaNa_JuuIchi

NaNa_JuuIchi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1886 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

I'll buy HG/SS if possible. Now I'm playing SS ^ ^

FC みやび : 2578-3091-8161 / PKMB2 : 5458-5718-1550
Now playing : [3DS] モンスターハンター4G
GLOW_02.jpg

#19 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

^ I've already imported Soul Silver, and I have to say it is amazing. I can read most of the things that are important, but as for in-game dialogue... forget about it.

I just loved the originals so much, I couldn't wait for these games. Plus I've always wanted to own a Japanese Pokemon game.
The best part of this game, besides still being able to visit Kanto as well as Johto with revamped graphics, is the GB Player. It's like an iPod your character wears, and instead of the remixed music, it plays the music from the original games. And this works almost EVERYWHERE. Nostalgia FTW :sob:

Life is but a movie.

#20 vlaxirious

vlaxirious

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

whats the newest pokemon game?
and in what console?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users