Photo

Glasses or contacts?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Glasses or Contacts? (392 member(s) have cast votes)

Eyesight

1. Contacts (105 votes [25.36%])

Percentage of vote: 25.36%

2. Glasses (309 votes [74.64%])

Percentage of vote: 74.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

Ya, I didn't get glasses for a while. I think I waited like 3 years before I decided it was time for glasses. As time has gone on, my glasses seem to get smaller. They are now like 1/3 the size of my first pair and weigh as much as like a 25 US cent piece.
Together.jpg

#42 Celestialdreams31

Celestialdreams31

---+ MM unit - 07 +---

• Senpai
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

I'd prefer glasses.

I can't imagine wearing contact lenses...I think I'll never dare to put that thing on my eyes...T.T

And I think glasses would make my appearance look better eventhough right now I didn't need one...^^

Posted Image
~Trapped inside the Labyrinth of Memories~
--==++☆++==--

#43 LunaCherri

LunaCherri

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

I like contacts since i move around and do sports that require lots of running and moving around. contacts arnt really that bad though. it only takes me 2 to 3 min. to take them on and off

#44 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

I couldn't really vote because I wear both. I love wearing contacts. You can really see my face when I wear them and I don't feel like I'm hiding behind my glasses. And if my students will actually say I should wear my contacts more often....well, then, that's actually a HUGE compliment coming from them.

When I'm active or outside I like wearing them because I get tired of either pushing up my glasses and sweating with them on, and second, the most obvious reason, I hated not being able to see anything when I did take them off to play or swim or whatever I was doing at the time. I've also had my glasses knocked off by a soccer ball, a softball hit as a grounder and came at me with a bad bounce, a tennis ball, and a football! I do know how to catch, just not when the ball is thrown or kicked at me out of my line of vision or the big ape that was standing in front of you decides to move once the football was thrown XD

@Krotch: I've tried wearing my glasses while snowboarding once and the whole day my glasses kept fogging up under my goggles. It was such a pain. I like wearing my contacts better because that's just one less thing I have to deal with when I'm up on the mountain
Spoiler
:o

But then, I love my glasses because they do make me look older (people mistake me for a high schooler all the time when I don't wear them) and I like that I can fall asleep with them on. If I fell asleep with my contacts in, my eyes would hate me!!! Seriously, they get so irritated and dry I can barely keep them open to take them out. So, no sleeping in contacts for me....even if they're the kind that say you can.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#45 「REDX」

「REDX」

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1300 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

I wear contacts.
Its been a long time since i've used glasses.
but i kinda want to move back to them.
Contacts can be a pain sometimes :P
especially when you wear them for long periods of time
they start to dry out. And also when you pull all-nighters
you have to let them sit at least 6 hrs before putting them back in.
and sometimes i cant wait 6 hrs :blink:
But they have their plus
no need to carry a case or worry of losing them.
less face gear and better for sports :]

Posted Image

#46 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

@Krotch: I've tried wearing my glasses while snowboarding once and the whole day my glasses kept fogging up under my goggles. It was such a pain. I like wearing my contacts better because that's just one less thing I have to deal with when I'm up on the mountain

Spoiler
:w00t:

Get better goggles...I guess. I don't have that issue. I'm using a set of Swan goggles. They have vents at the top and at the bottom.
Together.jpg

#47 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Spoiler
XD

Get better goggles...I guess. I don't have that issue. I'm using a set of Swan goggles. They have vents at the top and at the bottom.

I use Anon, and I do have to get new ones anyway...........but I'd still rather wear my contacts though. One time I mistimed a jump and bit it so hard that my goggles were knocked off my face and flew behind me. It was a good thing I was wearing my helmet so the goggles were strapped to it so they didn't fly off somewhere and that I wasn't wearing my glasses!!! :)

I'm not sure what to try. The goggles for women are so ugly and for some reason they think that we want pink and all kinds of color in everything. YUCK!! Give me either straight black or graphite to match my helmet. But since I have a small face and head I can't get the ones that I do like because they're the guys goggles.
I don't think I've heard of Swan before. I'll have to check them out.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#48 Kipp

Kipp

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

I'm definitely a glasses person. I've had them since I was 11, and the idea of sticking in contacts weirds me out. :wub:
Posted Image
Set made by the awesomeness known as Cassandra

#49 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Oh.
Hmmm.

I just read the newer posts...
I'm not an active person at all, so I guess I don't have to worry about my glasses getting in the way like other people do. :GGRR:

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#50 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

For me I wore my glasses mostly this year even though I had contacts now just because my classes for high school started at 7 so I'd have to wake up at 6 am just to get ready. And for me who sleeps in till 12 on a Sunday 6 am is not a good time to be fighting with contacts. :GGRR:

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#51 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Contacts, because it's hard to loose them and they fit better to my face.
I just don't have a glasses face ^^""
Posted Image

#52 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

I use Anon, and I do have to get new ones anyway...........but I'd still rather wear my contacts though. One time I mistimed a jump and bit it so hard that my goggles were knocked off my face and flew behind me. It was a good thing I was wearing my helmet so the goggles were strapped to it so they didn't fly off somewhere and that I wasn't wearing my glasses!!! :wub:

I'm not sure what to try. The goggles for women are so ugly and for some reason they think that we want pink and all kinds of color in everything. YUCK!! Give me either straight black or graphite to match my helmet. But since I have a small face and head I can't get the ones that I do like because they're the guys goggles.
I don't think I've heard of Swan before. I'll have to check them out.

I think Swans is a Japanese brand. I bought them while I was in Tokyo and Americans don't make goggles the same way. It has a bracket on the strap so you can disconnect it, to put it on your head easier. You can order them in the states, but I've never seen them in a B&M store.

Anyways, the only annoyance with glasses for me, is that I have to get larger goggles to fit over them. It's limiting on the style of goggles you can get. I use to never wear goggles, til I face planted and broke a set of glasses.
Together.jpg

#53 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

I started using glasses when I was like 7 years and used them till I was around 17-18 and I was cool with it, until I discovered contacts! :P they are great, especially since I love playing football and the glasses where just annoying, every month I had to repair them and my sight is now(and was) so bad that I couldn't live without them. So yeah, contacts.
I still have glasses though, I use them in the morning before I take a shower to do whatever I have to do that day, and and in the night when my eyes are too tired, so the contacts start to bother me a bit.
Posted Image

#54 jrongow

jrongow

Forever-5th Gen

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Didn't vote cuz I've nv worn contacts, or rather, I haven't been able to, cuz I've got a scratch on my cornea that's taking eons to heal. Was advised not to wear contacts for a period of time, as it would cause irritation n inflammation. Thus... specs in my case. Maybe some time in the future I can try out contacts. In the mean time, I have 2 pairs of specs, the frameless one I usually wear, n the framed solid one I use for sports.
Posted Image
The Sexy Heroine of my Final Fantasy...
愛 = LOVE

#55 Danakpop

Danakpop

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

I have both, I wear my glasses at home where I don't care what I look like and wear my contacts whenever I am going out so I look better. ^_^ Also it is cheaper that way, wearing contacts while at home would just waste them and they aren't that cheap here but I prefer contacts all the way. ^_^

#56 Cherryy

Cherryy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

I don't need to wear any of them.

But i really used to like contacts. But now i want those large black/purple framed glasses :w00t:

#57 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

I wear glasses but I don't wear them enough to even think about contacts really but my Dad's had contacts my whole life so they don't worry me really.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#58 PK91

PK91

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

I am almost always wearing contacts when I'm outside my house (going to school etc.) But at home I only uses glasses cause I hate to sit in front of the computer with contacts and that's almost the only thing I do at home :lol:

Want to buy goods from japan? Check out my shop!

#59 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

I wear glasses. I should be wearing them at the moment, but I don't feel like it. I'm a bad person XD .

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#60 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

I used glasses all day for some years, but since my eyesight got better, now I just use to protect the eyes when I'm on the computer or playing videogames.

Never used contacts. I can't stand putting something in my eyes.

Also, glasses make you look smarter. ^^;
I'm going to live all my life untame!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users