Photo

Glasses or contacts?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Glasses or Contacts? (392 member(s) have cast votes)

Eyesight

1. Contacts (105 votes [25.36%])

Percentage of vote: 25.36%

2. Glasses (309 votes [74.64%])

Percentage of vote: 74.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:52 AM

It all depends on the glasses you get. I haven't had a sport that required me to need contacts. Course my glasses are pretty much glued to my face. I can shake my head side to side, up and down, they won't fall off. Only time they've fallen off is when I face planted while snowboarding. Course a contact would pop out too. Since then, I've worn goggles while snowboard. Keeps my glasses on, but wouldn't keep a contact from popping out.

If you look at the side of my head, there's actually an indent from my glasses.

Yeah, my glasses never come off either when I run around or play sports. Of course, they fly off if I get hit in the face during dodgeball, but that's different.

I have an indent too, but it's more like a barely noticeable line on my nose from the bridge. Can barely see it, but it bothers me. I hope it goes away if I ever stop wearing glasses.

Life is but a movie.

#22 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:18 AM

If you look at the side of my head, there's actually an indent from my glasses.

I can relate.. but since i switched to these wider frames.. no more indent... it's the bridge of my nose which is troubling me... (it's scarred due to the number of times i have got a football ( soccer), tennis ball or cricket ball to my face)
I need my Airi

#23 ShikyoxYaiba

ShikyoxYaiba

Loves the Atomic Warhead of Foolishness. :]

• Senpai
  • 3118 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

I have a red mark on my face right now, too. XD Kinda tells me that I'm wearing my glasses too much. Since it's summer and I'm hardly out of the house, I wear my glasses the whole time. But as for sports, I wear my contacts. I get annoyed when mine move around during tennis. Well, that, and I like wearing a certain pair of sunglasses when I play tennis. Strange habit. XD

Hm...I have slight scar on my face from an accident in 1st grade. I tried to bounce a ball on my head, but I missed and the ball hit my glasses...causing them to scratch my face. (The side of my nose.) It was bleeding and I was seriously freaking out. XD

@krotch - I got too little sleep before/during AX, so I didn't wear my contacts. :P Contacts also itch my eyes when I wear them for too long, and I didn't want to be bothered while MM was in my line of sight. :P

#24 ♥Sancchan♥

♥Sancchan♥

悪魔の恋人

• Senpai
  • 2401 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'd say glasses are better. I wear both glasses and contacts. You can really have problems with contacts. They bother your eyes, or you feel itchy, you must take care of them a lot, keep them clean, they are pretty hard to manage.
There are no such problems with glasses. You just put them on and that's it~ XD

#25 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

LASIK!

Actually I haven't gotten it yet but as soon as I can I'm getting it so I can do more beach related things like surfing since it's either risk losing the contacts in the water or go out there blind.

Would like glasses better if it wasn't so hot and humid and sunny and my skin wasn't so oily. I appreciate the people who can pull off the look but I am just not one of them.

I voted contacts because for me it's the lesser of two evils for my situation.

#26 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

I don't get the indent on my nose. It's just from my ear to the front of my sideburn. Not much of a problem, except when I'm getting a haircut. They have to like...dig the clippers into the indent.
Together.jpg

#27 justink9088

justink9088

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

as far as comfort goes contacts are better. well after the intial shock that your sticking something onto your eyeball. but really, glasses are so much better. when you find the right pair they only make you more beautiful.

down with contacts!!

Glasses forever!!

#28 porori

porori

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

I wear glasses, because I hate to put anything in to my eyes.
And I even hate look at if someone is putting contacts in to eyes :wub:
Posted Image

#29 sakuraice

sakuraice

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I wear both! Glasses in the evenings at home and also during the day when I'm too lazy to put my contacts in. But mostly I wear contacts more. People say I look good with either of them! Plus I love my (Prada) glasses :huh: :lol: Next I want to try colour contacts, you can get them on prescription right?
!Picture size must be 600 x 150!

#30 evilmarshy

evilmarshy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

Glasses, but that's only because I can't wear contacts (something to do with the shape of my eyes).

Kamei Eri Forever, Kamei for Dream Musume.

Posted Image
My Youtube Channel

#31 Berikyuu!

Berikyuu!

Debuted 9/1/02 Graduated 11/18/18

• Senpai
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

I have both, but I wear contacts a lot more. The only time I wear my glasses is if I'm too sick and weak to put my contacts in :huh:

I just find contacts to be a lot more easier...

#32 hurrycanger

hurrycanger

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

I come up with glasses. Glasses can hide my ugly eyes (as to me) (I don't know why my friends say I have nice eyes. The left one has smaller brown part [not much but I can see that in mirror, close distance] and the white part is brigher.) .
Glasses also are easier to put on/off.
Posted Image
Aibon! Nono! "HENSHIN!"

#33 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:40 AM

Glasses, but that's only because I can't wear contacts (something to do with the shape of my eyes).

Ya, I knew a guy like that. He couldn't get contacts or have lasiks. They said his eyeballs aren't spherical, more oblong. Like a football/rugby ball.
Together.jpg

#34 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:34 AM

Glasses...
I'm scared of the idea of wearing contacts. o_o

Also glasses have become part of my character. I look weird when they're not on.
And I always have huge dark circles under my eyes >_< and big eyebrows.
Glasses draw away from those things... :D
Spoiler
:)

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#35 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Spoiler
http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/ph34r.gif

Spoiler

:wub: ... and hmmm specs does add a measure of errr.... security? :rolleyes:
I need my Airi

#36 TerryXX

TerryXX

Retired Member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

^
hahah are you serious? no way~!!
i dont wear either but i think i prefer glasses. contacts require too much effort, and heard bad stories about it. my friend once got his contacts stuck up his eye, ekkkk!! skin crawl. *runs away*

dw he got it out in the end

#37 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

^ if you mean me, terry,,, i am serious... really.. it works...
I need my Airi

#38 TerryXX

TerryXX

Retired Member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

^yeah i mean you, lolz
gotta love toothpaste, its so useful. you can use it on burns as well
[sry for being off topic :lol:]

#39 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I prefer glasses, contacts seem irritating. I think I look better in my glasses, but everyone else thinks otherwise. I already have itchy eyes, I don't need them to be even more itchy >.<

#40 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Spoiler

O_O NO WAY! I'll have to try those...

So it seems most people prefer glasses, eh? Which is kind of weird because I know a lot of people who need glasses but don't wear them... But then again I guess a lot of people just choose to do nothing. (I did that up until I got my newest pair in February :) )

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users