Photo

Glasses or contacts?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Glasses or Contacts? (392 member(s) have cast votes)

Eyesight

1. Contacts (105 votes [25.36%])

Percentage of vote: 25.36%

2. Glasses (309 votes [74.64%])

Percentage of vote: 74.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Ok, this is for anyone who has or has had bad eyesight before, like me.

Which do you like more: glasses or contacts?
Of course, each one has their pros and cons.

I myself like glasses, and occasionally wear contacts.

Feel free to discuss what you like or don't like about either one.

Life is but a movie.

#2 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

I wear glasses. I just don't like the thought of putting something onto my eye. Not to mention, I can sleep with my glasses on and not worry about my eyes turning into a big nasty red mess.

Hell, ppl out there buy glasses to wear, even though they don't need them. Their "for show" glasses. I really don't understand that. Also...I have a little glasses fetish. Go Ami Tokito!
Together.jpg

#3 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I like glasses better too. I just don't like how they feel. If you can put in contacts correctly, you really can;t even feel them. But putting them in is painful sometimes, especially if you're groggy and can;t open you eyes all the way.

Glasses are much less of a hassle.

Life is but a movie.

#4 Evening Musuko

Evening Musuko

• Senpai
  • 2403 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Glasses.

Can't wear contacts.

#5 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

I own both but go more towards glasses. Contacts are fun but I only use them for certain things. They normally give me head aches because I can see everything, not just in the frames.

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#6 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

I've never owned contacts, so maybe i shouldnt be posting here? lol but i'd rather just wear glasses, because they look cuter on me. <3

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#7 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

Glasses. I tried to get contacts once, but couldn't manage getting them in, ever since then I stuck with glasses. But I really don't mind wearing glasses.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#8 ShikyoxYaiba

ShikyoxYaiba

Loves the Atomic Warhead of Foolishness. :]

• Senpai
  • 3118 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

I own both... I wear glasses at home and whenever my eyes are dry. I usually wear contacts, but I switch off quite often... Which is why my friends are used to seeing me with either. I tend to stay up late doing work during the school year, which results in me having dry eyes, and dry eyes + contacts = no-no.

I'm told that I look better with glasses, though. <3

#9 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

I wear glasses sometimes.

I can't wear contacts. <3

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#10 Nigelkun

Nigelkun

blargh

• Senpai
  • 3013 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

can't wear contacts.. astigmatism the lenses are too hard, and thus irrites me eyes...
Glasses...
I need my Airi

#11 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:25 AM

contacts~ i've been using the overnight contacts for 6ish years and it's never irritated me~ =)

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#12 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

contacts!!! :] its more comfortable~ :lol:
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#13 chikichi

chikichi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 808 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

Contacts without a doubt !

They may be a little more complicated than glasses but they look a lot better :lol:

#14 nakamura25

nakamura25

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

I like contacts, but they're a pain in the ass. Normally I wear my glasses because I fall asleep often at school and I don't want pink-eye.
Posted Image

#15 kanono_chan

kanono_chan

egao YES noodles♫

• Senpai
  • 2398 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:10 AM

i don't need to wear glasses but if i did i would wear contacts :lol:
i haven't tried wearing them before but i think glasses don't suit me.
even if i don't need contacts i'll still wear color cons because they look great, but i'm also scared that they'll damage my eyes.

forever and ever a 100% Reina-ist❤
Posted Image
click here to visit Reina's Official Blog!

#16 シャボン玉

シャボン玉

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:22 AM

Glasses. I tried to get contacts once, but I didn't have a great experience with them. I went to the eye doctor, and tried them on, but they messed up and gave me the wrong prescription. So, when I put them on I got really sick and dizzy. My eyes hurt for about two days after I took them out. I haven't really had any desire to try them again. Besides, glasses don't really bother me.

#17 yupshezeducated

yupshezeducated

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:20 AM

I have both but I were my glasses most of the time for various reasons such as: I'm use to them, not a morning person so I don't want to deal with carefully place to eye in the am, and i feel they make me look smarter lol. So glasses since i only were my contacts when necessary

#18 Taiyaki

Taiyaki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:40 AM

Everyone knows all the cool kids wear glasses nowadays...

>>
<<
;_;

Joking aside, I like glasses more because I don't like putting things in my eye and since I look like a nerd anyways, I might as well do it right. The only bad thing about it is when you forget you're wearing them and change clothes. They can really do some damage!

#19 malgorium

malgorium

kogarasumaru

• Senpai
  • 1549 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:52 AM

glasses suck for sports .. or anything that you do that makes you sweaty, or wanna move fast.
but i wear glasses on day-to-day basis.
i guess i need both.

#20 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, I like glasses better too. I just don't like how they feel. If you can put in contacts correctly, you really can;t even feel them. But putting them in is painful sometimes, especially if you're groggy and can;t open you eyes all the way.

Glasses are much less of a hassle.

Asian and all here. My eyes barely open when I wake up. Barely open when I'm fully awake. lol.

I own both... I wear glasses at home and whenever my eyes are dry. I usually wear contacts, but I switch off quite often... Which is why my friends are used to seeing me with either. I tend to stay up late doing work during the school year, which results in me having dry eyes, and dry eyes + contacts = no-no.

I'm told that I look better with glasses, though. ^_^

Not sure what you look like with glasses off, but you look fine with them on.

glasses suck for sports .. or anything that you do that makes you sweaty, or wanna move fast.
but i wear glasses on day-to-day basis.
i guess i need both.

It all depends on the glasses you get. I haven't had a sport that required me to need contacts. Course my glasses are pretty much glued to my face. I can shake my head side to side, up and down, they won't fall off. Only time they've fallen off is when I face planted while snowboarding. Course a contact would pop out too. Since then, I've worn goggles while snowboard. Keeps my glasses on, but wouldn't keep a contact from popping out.

If you look at the side of my head, there's actually an indent from my glasses.
Together.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users