• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1 Takeo Rey

Takeo Rey

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

I'm addicted to Twitter and it seems like a lot of people are using it these days. Whether it's using TweetDeck or TwitterFox or twittering on my iPhone with Tweetie, I just can't get enough. I keep in track with some people on some gaming sites I go to as well as get some news as well. I've also met some twitter people that are pretty cool near where I live just to go out to drink or hangout and watch a movie. I like going to tweet-ups and meeting all different kinds of people.

I kind of started following twitter before hurricane Ike hit here. I followed some of the news sites and kept in check with some locals here. We got hints on what places were open after the storm. All this was great and helped out, before my phone's battery died and had to wait to power came back before I could recharge.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if any other H!O people use twitter. If you do, go ahead and follow me my link is in my sig. I've already got a ton of nearby city people, gamers that twitter, now I just need some fellow H!P and MoMusu fans to follow. It would be cool to see what more people are up to.

#2 Billie Poynter

Billie Poynter

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

I've tried it. I find it absolutely boring and worth nothing. I already have Facebook and MySpace, I don't want to have to update Twitter all the time, blah.

#3 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

i don't twitter too often, i do use it to read shit from my comrades... sometimes is interesting or even relevant.

#4 shadowstar

shadowstar

HAPPY!!

• Senpai
  • 1008 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

http://twitter.com/monstarrr

I don't add just anyone though, that's why it's set to private.

#5 Phob

Phob

GACKT Is love~

• Senpai
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I do use it, but, rarely XD;

Here's mine;
http://twitter.com/Phob

#6 Berikyuu!

Berikyuu!

Debuted 9/1/02 Graduated 11/18/18

• Senpai
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Not for me. I'm hopelessly addicted to Facebook (especially the notes)~! :respect:

#7 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

No. I swear in the last two weeks Twitter is all I've heard.
I checked it just to see what It's all about.

The video on the main page contradicts itself.

"But you wouldn't send an E-mail to a friend to tell him you're having coffee, your friend doesn't need to know that"

Then what's the point? My friend doesn't need to know that...

Edit: I'm on twitter now, editing this almost 4 years later, just so my sig doesn't make me look like a hypocrite =P
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#8 kelsey

kelsey

Little Charles, Duchess Of Aikastan

• Banned
  • 1696 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:27 AM

http://twitter.com/kelseyhale

:lol:

#9 nakamura25

nakamura25

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:41 AM

For those of you with Twitter, do you guys get a lot of readers? Or is it just your friends who read?
Posted Image

#10 shadowstar

shadowstar

HAPPY!!

• Senpai
  • 1008 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

The video on the main page contradicts itself.

"But you wouldn't send an E-mail to a friend to tell him you're having coffee, your friend doesn't need to know that"

Then what's the point? My friend doesn't need to know that...

Then it means it's your friend's choice if they want to see what you're up to or not with Twitter :sob: With an e-mail, it's sent directly to them.

#11 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

I have one - http://twitter.com/lollislovelunch

It's set to private because it is http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/biggrin.gif
I really enjoy reading what others have to say, as long as it's not depressing all the time lol.

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#12 Takeo Rey

Takeo Rey

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

For those of you with Twitter, do you guys get a lot of readers? Or is it just your friends who read?

For me I have a few readers, most of them are from where I live and we just chat it up sometimes. I've met a few of them and we always check up on each other. Strange enough, they tweet to people that are in the same room sometimes. That's a bit crazy IMO. Others followers are from game forums that I go to and podcasts that I listen to. Not a lot of my friends twitter, but I have mine connected to my facebook and they catch up with me through there.

#13 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Eeeeh? What's Twitter? I've never heard of it. Is it like Facebook, Myspace and Hi5? :sob:

g8aHT2F.gif

#14 kanono_chan

kanono_chan

egao YES noodles♫

• Senpai
  • 2398 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

^i've never heard of twitter before too. But i think it is like facebook etc. correct me if i'm wrong, because i'm just guessing

forever and ever a 100% Reina-ist❤
Posted Image
click here to visit Reina's Official Blog!

#15 SweetHoney

SweetHoney

♥ 道重 さゆみ ♥

• Senpai
  • 4489 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:04 AM

Twitter?

I never heard of it actually! I'm used to Myspace, Facebook and Bebo. Which I rarely even use now <3

But I may use Twitter if I get bored :wub:

Posted Image
~Set By Apple ll Voted Sayumi's Greatest Fan 2010 & 2011 ll
ll Always Loving & Supporting Sayumi Michishige Since '07 ll

#16 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

Naw, I'm a Facebook girl now. I guess I just don't see the point of Twitter. Is it really so important to know what someone's doing every second of every day? o_O I don't know. I just don't see the fun here. :wub:

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

#17 flashyouback

flashyouback

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

I use it -- mine is http://twitter.com/motorway065

I think of it as a place I can record random thoughts/ideas that I have before I forget them, or as way to say something to lots of people without making them feel obligated to reply to me.

#18 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

I got one like, 5 mins ago.

https://twitter.com/ellisellise

Still confuzzled a little just now :lol:

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#19 ぐ-ちゃん ♡

ぐ-ちゃん ♡

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 775 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

Naw, I'm a Facebook girl now.

hahaha, me too ~ :lol:

I think twitter is scary. People can get monitored :) I guess.

#20 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

I thought twitter was just another social networking thing. When I signed up and did some looking around for others with twitters, I started to use it as an alternative for an RSS reader...along with tweets from friends.

It's great to subscribe to gaming and travel twitters and read all the news and info from them. You don't even have to post a tweet if you don't want to.

If you just follow a few friends then I think the twitter page is fine but if you're like me and follow many twitters who post a couple times an hour, might I suggest something like TweetDeck. In TweetDeck you can sort everyone that you're following into groups for a better organized layout.

Oh, here's mine:
https://twitter.com/limitbreaker02

Gonna try to use mine to post Digital PB updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users