Photo

stepmania

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 memomu

memomu

H!O fileshare

• Senpai
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Although this one might be old it's still perhaps not "funny" but instead it's wicked in a sense like " :omg: x_x :respect: :king: :arrow: :S :gitaa: ^^; :coool: :stupid: , yeah well you get my drift XD

You can find the video of the guy playing stepmania on his PC using the keyboard arrows over here, and trust me, you can't dance on a mat like that...

ps. stepmania is just like DDR except you can play it with the keyboard arrows if you want too or with a mat.

#2 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

That was insane. Was that for real? I suck at stepmania, I couldn't even finish robokiss. This guy must be playing stepmania practicly every day orso.
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#3 nexisrocks

nexisrocks

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:50 AM

O_O

I'm doubting the validity of that clip, because I honestly don't think that's even humanly possible...

Shayla

#4 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

Quite awesome. But the question is, is there a level in the game that actually go so fast?

#5 CommandeR

CommandeR

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:07 AM

my god that is amazing o.O
I am jealous :respect:
Posted Image
I tried some photoshopping, damn I suck ^^

#6 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:04 AM

That could indeed have been a fake but fear not: ppl are that crazy. Songs in stepmania can go waaay faster than that. Besides, he was running the song at 1.5 times the normal speed.

I'm not saying you can normaly dance with your feets to something like that but with your fingers....

#7 Taurmindo

Taurmindo

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:20 AM

I'm not saying you can normaly dance with your feets to something like that but with your fingers....

yea. and he used both his hands, which gives even fast(er) possabilities to react in time on reflexes. i think it might be possible, even if its unlikely.

though, never forgot the two blind korean starcraft players, unlikely - yet still possible. there are always people who have the capabilities to do insane (for us normal people) stuff, they just have to find their niche.
now, that's quality comments that everyone can enjoy.

#8 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:43 AM

I don't think it's so impressive....
i 'll never be able to do that....but I find more impressive people that can pass with AAA in 10feet songs playing the coin-op or with the mat :respect:

#9 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Yasu - exotic ethnic AAA Posted Image :respect:

heh I can barely get a B on that one with my fingers

#10 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

Yasu - exotic ethnic AAA Posted Image :respect:

heh I can barely get a B on that one with my fingers

i can t even get an AAA in normal mode (6feet i think) on that song :stupid:

#11 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Even though hu5h and some others already proved it, the clip posted was completely REAL. It is possible to move your fingers that fast (even faster if you memorize or make the song steps yourself), though I completely disagree that the person has the FASTEST REFLEXES IN THE WORLD. As a veteran DDR player, I did not consider that to be impressive at all. Here are some reasons why:

1) The speed mod of 1.5x was used. This basically makes the arrows look like they are moving faster (1.5 times faster). If he wanted to impress me, he should've used 8x to make the arrows nearly impossible to see.
2) Real DDR-related accomplishments involve using your feet, not using your fingers. I still look down upon bar-raping (holding the bar to get AAAs), but it's better than tapping with your fingers.

I apologize in advance if I sound too mocking or disrespectful. If you really want to see REAL DDR accomplishments, go here:
http://aaroninjapan.com/ddrvideos.html

#12 Bakaneko

Bakaneko

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

Well, I'll just enjoy my two mats I get tomorrow and try to survive with my feet only :respect:

#13 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

At first I thought that playing with fingers was something you did to practice (or because you didn't have a mat of your own :stupid: ) but lately I come to like what you can do with fingers. It's really almost like a lame version of popn music if you think of it ;D

Finger mat @liksang Posted Image :coool: see my point?
espcially when there's songs written for 'finger dancing'. But nothing beats the real thing tho ^^ I don't like bar-rapers either but I do admire their skill. They don't really seem to enjoy dancing as much as the amateurs tho, just chasing the AAAs :respect: lol i know they wouldn't do it if they didn't like it but still

#14 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:14 PM

Playing with fingers is practice... :respect:

The more exposure you get seeing different steps and songs, the easier it will be to read arrows and recognize the beat of any music. Since you don't have to worry about fatigue while playing using the keyboard arrows, it becomes a lot easier reading the arrows and finding the rhythm of the music. Thus, making you become a better player in the long run.
---

This is a bit off-topic, but are DDR/ arcade dance machines still really popular there in Europe?

#15 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

"still"? :stupid: we never had many machines in sweden and the few ones that we have now seem to be vanishing as times goes by :respect:

I don't know about rest of europe but I think the DDRppl is a dying breed. The fanatics still dance and you can still se enthusiasm at LAN-parties and conventions and such but in other...

I haven't really kept up to date tho...

#16 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Thanks hu5h

The reason why I asked was because I thought Europe had their own DDR-arcade machines called Dancing Stage.

I just checked ddrfreak.com and you were definitely right about Sweden having almost no machines. Here's the link: http://www.ddrfreak....ate&stateID=113

#17 driler

driler

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

I have seen only once this machine, but unfortunatly i havent got any money to play "-_- :respect:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

darn it :stupid: I just had to dance yesterday after reading all this and getting into the dancing mood and stuff. I danced the ayumi hamasaki ayu-trance 2 song (30 minutes long) and other songs for a couple of hours. My muscles and joints aren't workig today :coool: maybe should have stretched and stuff :respect:

#19 zoneofenders

zoneofenders

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:03 AM

well,I should say it's incredible.
What's wrong about his finger "-_-

#20 vul3gk4

vul3gk4

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

exposure you get seeing different steps and songs, the easier it will be to read arrows and recognize the beat of any music. Since you don't have to worry about fatigue while playing using the keyboard arrows, it becomes a lot easier reading the arrows and finding the rhythm of the music. Thus, making you become a better player in