• Please log in to reply
1625 replies to this topic

#21 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:25 AM

Shes fantastic, very sexy and very cute, she was sooo cute in the minimoni movie! "ive got you!" aw!
Coconuts songs absolutely are the WORST of the hello! pro, especially dance & chance, bleurgh, its a shame too, because Mika and Ayaka (and Danielle and Lehua to a certain degree) are very talented and they didnt get the exposure they deserved.
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#22 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:37 PM

mika is the only japanese looking person in Coconuts. And you can easily tell mika is mixed. But that isn't a bad thing :) beppin-san desuyou!
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#23 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:05 PM

mika is the only japanese looking person in Coconuts. And you can easily tell mika is mixed.

Posted Image

*observes picture*
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken they both look Japanese (and not to mention very pretty). :)

#24 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:50 PM

heh i rather think ayaka is the one who looks most japanese :)
guess they both do look japanese then ^^ (as they both look more japanese than me :) )

I want the second round of the totsugeki eikawa!!!

#25 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:57 PM

mika is the only japanese looking person in Coconuts. And you can easily tell mika is mixed.

Posted Image

*observes picture*
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken they both look Japanese (and not to mention very pretty). :)

oops i forgot about her :)
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#26 junkstory

junkstory

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

*observes picture*
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken they both look Japanese (and not to mention very pretty). :P

oops i forgot about her ^^;

eh~~ i think you mean Ayaka is the only Japanese looking person in Coconuts Musume..

#27 Guest_angelwings711_*

Guest_angelwings711_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

I can remember when Mika first joined Minimoni and they said: Aibon: "Why is Mika's costume Blue and not red?" Yaguchi: "When you start to grow taller and you become 150cm your costume will turn blue". For that ONE episode Tsuji wore blue socks. After that Mika was always in a different costume because of, well what they claim, her height.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You guys think there was an underlying excuse? I.E Not pure Japanese? That's always been the rumour.

Anyway I was glad to see Mika promoted to leader before they disbanded. It was kinda like "Sorry for making you be different all the time so to make up for it we'll promote you." :sob:

#28 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

that rule was CRAP too, because Ai Takahashi was way taller 150cm, i think she was 152-153 when she joined, BAH they should have put in Risa instead!! she was much shorter!!
Posted Image

#29 what_is_the_matrix

what_is_the_matrix

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Referring to the picture, Ayaka looks Japanese because she is Japanese. She was born in Kobe, or something, but moved to Hawaii at an early age, I guess. Mika definitely looks happa (Hawaiian slang for mixed), and she is. Her father is Australian, and her mother is Japanese... I think. Something like that.

And I think Niigaki was taller than Ai when Ai got put into MiniMoni. But again, I'm not sure of that fact. But I think Ai was a much better choice than Niigaki, I think.

#30 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

I really didn't mind the 150cm rule at all. Mika was singled out in Mini Moni and I guess she deserved it since she was "different" from Mari, Tsuji, and Kago. Different as in she added some much needed maturity and more humor.

I just hope Tsunku brings back mini moni soon.

#31 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

Referring to the picture, Ayaka looks Japanese because she is Japanese. She was born in Kobe, or something, but moved to Hawaii at an early age, I guess. Mika definitely looks happa (Hawaiian slang for mixed), and she is. Her father is Australian, and her mother is Japanese... I think. Something like that.

And I think Niigaki was taller than Ai when Ai got put into MiniMoni. But again, I'm not sure of that fact. But I think Ai was a much better choice than Niigaki, I think.

she wasnt, im absolutely positive, because Airin is about 5'0" now, and Risa is only 4'11" the third shortest of Morning Musume, (Mari and Reina are first and second)
Posted Image

#32 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

For those who have sen this movie will be able to recall the part at which Mini Moni run from the Cream Puff Monster. The got cornered and Fridge said to go on and he would deal with Cream Puff Monster. He gets into trouble but Takahashi makes the save for him and they fight it together. The thing is you never get to see how they beat the Cream Puff Monster. You only realise that they have beacuse they turn up later in the film. So does anyone know how Fridge and Takahashi beat the Cream Puff Monster ? If so who do you know this ? Is there a comic book of it ? Or extra footage i have never seen ?

#33 what_is_the_matrix

what_is_the_matrix

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

There are several answers to this, and it could be any one of them (cuz I don't know for sure). It could be for story reasons that we don't see the Cream Puff Monster getting beaten. For instance, is it more important to see Minimoni running away then seeing the actual beating? It could also be financial, CGI is very time consuming, and action scenes are especially so. Maybe they couldn't afford to animate something complicated like that, and instead decided to animate something easier. Time constraints, related to financial reasons. Because animation is time consuming (and expensive), perhaps they were getting close to release date and so they decided to animate something more important, or maybe they felt the movie was getting too long, so they cut the beating because it's not necessarily as important.

I tend to think that it's probably a combination of all of them.

#34 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

I see your point but its not all that long anyway running time 53 minutes including credits and outakes. Including animated ones. If they wanted to save money they could of skipped those. Anyway i was just hoping more than anything, i simply love the movie. Hmm probably was never made. Never mind.

So here some screen caps of the scene in question.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:respect:

#35 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

I really loved that cream puff monster!! ;D Amazing animation and it's looks so cool too :respect:

#36 Epofra2K

Epofra2K

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

...So does anyone know how Fridge and Takahashi beat the Cream Puff Monster ?...

Takahashi defeated the Cream-puff monster just by herself...

She started talking to him until he was bored to death!!! it took about 5 mn... :respect:

#37 Bokas

Bokas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

I think Takahashi also ate the monster.. :stupid:
If I remember correctly, after Ai-chan came back from fighting it,
Yaguchi wiped some cream off Ai-chan's mouth :respect: ? :coool:
Posted Image

#38 CommandeR

CommandeR

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:33 PM

I think Takahashi also ate the monster.. :coool:
If I remember correctly, after Ai-chan came back from fighting it,
Yaguchi wiped some cream off Ai-chan's mouth :respect: ? :arrow:

ok, now you did it :stupid:
I am going to watch this movie tonight! :gitaa:
Posted Image
I tried some photoshopping, damn I suck ^^

#39 Dronak

Dronak

9th gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

This movie is so cute, I love it. :whistle: I don't know how Takahashi and the fridge beat Cream Puff Man. It's possible that they never even decided how that would be done, just that the good guys would win the battle. Sometimes they prefer to leave things like that to your imagination. There could be practical reasons like what_is_the_matrix said as well. You have a point that if it was time issues, they probably could have cut some other scenes to make time for the Takahashi & Fridge vs. Cream Puff Man fight. But I'm not sure we'll ever know the answer for sure.

I do remember that wipe Bokas mentioned, but not specifically what it was for. It could have been cream from the Cream Puff Man battle, but that doesn't necessarily mean Takahashi ate it. I think my initial impression was that it was just wiping sweat from her face, but I'm not sure now. CommandeR can relay the findings after rewatching it. :good:

#40 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:11 AM

maybe since it's a kid film, they didn't wanna show the violence, and just imply the outcome of the battle. =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users