• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nizmo

Nizmo

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

This is a story that I just came up with right now, and wanted to make it a fan fic because I thought it could turn into something intriguing, and hopefully funny as well. If enough people show interest in this fan fic I'll keep it going, I'm planning that it'll be about 5 chapters long. Many feedback and comments are appreciated, thanks, and enjoy.

Chapter 1: Revelation

It's already 10 minutes past midnight but Thomas simply couldn't fall asleep, knowing that he would be in Japan watching MM's musical within 48 hours kept his adrenaline pumping all day long. Thomas turned on the bedside lamp and stared at the suitcase he had packed earlier in the evening, as to remind himself mentally to double-check for anything he might have forgotten to put in. Feeling uneasy even after checking the suitcase several times, Thomas went over to open up the suitcase again just to make sure that everything was there. Thomas was going to Japan for the summer as an exchange student to learn Japanese, it was not easy to convince his parents at first since he was still only 17, but Thomas knew how to push his parents' buttons, and convinced them that this academic trip was good for his cultural growth and for applying to college later on. His parents probably wouldn't have given permission if they knew about Thomas' secret fondness for Morning Musume, but luckily for Thomas that he happened to like chicken teriyaki, Japanese cars and video games, and his parents thought that his interest in Japan came from those things. Thomas went back to bed to try to sleep, this time he put on the ear buds and listened to MM songs, it's something that he is used to doing when he can't sleep, and listening to MM music eased his senses and helped him sleep better.

"Excuse me, would you like something to drink?"

A soft, but somewhat of an accented female's voice was heard from what sounded like right next to Thomas. After slowly opening his eyes, and looking around to see that he was sitting in the cabin of a commercial jet, he came to realize that he had dozed off from lack of sleep last night. Turning his head to the right stood an Asian female in a dark uniform staring at Thomas for a reply.

"Oh, sorry, um, can I have a Coke please?"

The flight attendant gave him a slight nod and prepared to give him a Coke and a plastic cup full of ice. Thomas showed gratitude by giving the flight attendant a big smile, and took a sip of Coke from the plastic cup. Thomas stopped wearing a watch after being used to carrying his cell phone with him all the time, but he realized that he put the cell phone in the suitcase at this time, so he asked the flight attendant for the time.

"It's 11:30am sir, the flight will last just about 8 more hours, anything else? Ok then enjoy your flight."

Thomas gave the cabin a quick glance around and saw that most of the passengers were Asians as expected, with an occasional Caucasian here and there. The seats were about 75% full, but luckily for Thomas nobody sat right next to him, relieving him of making small talk with strangers or something that he's not used to doing, as he was a bit nervous being alone for the first time as it is. Thomas took out the Japanese learning book and began reviewing the phrases that will definitely come in handy once he gets to Japan. He was confident that he could understand hearing Japanese from watching countless hours of Hello!Morning video clips and Japanese dramas, but he still had a long way to go before he could speak it fluently, so time was in premium right now for Thomas to learn as much as possible before the plane lands in Japan.

After getting his luggage, Thomas proceeded to head towards the reception area where the manager of the place Thomas was going to stay at should be waiting to greet Thomas. From the many signs of names in kanji and romaji all about, Thomas finally located a sign that read, "Tomas" which he sensed was for him, and walked over to the Asian guy who was holding up the sign.

"Hello, I'm Thomas from USA, are you Mr.Fukada?"

The Asian guy must've understood the part where his surname was mentioned, and put out his hand to shake hands with a big grin on his face.

"Ahh Tomas san, welcome to Japan! Yes, yes, I am Fukada desu, yoroshiku!"

"Nice to meet you Fukada san, thanks for the warm welcome."

Thomas tried to use some Japanese but it was not as easy as he had thought, the words just didn't come to his mind fast enough, so he spoke in English, with some Japanese mixed in so that Fukada would understand him better.

"Ahh your welcome Tomas san, toranku (luggage) watashi ga mochimashou (I'll carry it for you.), ikimashouka ja? (shall we go?)"

Thomas followed Fukada to his minivan, it was really odd to see the driver seat on the right side, but he knew about it beforehand and proceeded to take the passenger seat on the left. Fukada looked like a happy-go-lucky guy, in his late 20's, kind of thin overall, and dressed very casually, but not in a trendy way. Fukada and Thomas talked in a mixed Japanese-English about many things while on their way to the place Thomas would stay at. Fukada went on to talking about how it won't be a problem getting around for Thomas since the language school is very close to where he's staying. Thomas thought that it would be better to ask for directions to the theater right now while he has Fukada with him.

"Fukada san, there's a place I want to go tomorrow, this is the name of the theater, do you know where it is?"

Fukada looked at the name of the place written on the notepad, and immediately nodded his head and smiled.

"Hai hai, dokoka wakarimasuyo (I know the place), kantan dakara atode tsuitara oshiemasu (It's easy so I'll show you when we arrive.)"

"Great, thank you Fukada san, arigatou."

"Nee Tomas san, sokode nani o mitaindesuka? (What do you want to see there?)"

"Oh, there's a musical playing there that I want to see. It's called Cinderella the musical."

"Eh? Cinderera? Sonnanoni kyomi aruno? (You are interested in watching that?) Otokoga? (For a guy?) Haha, kimi kawatterune- (You are very unique)"

Thomas felt like Fukada was laughing at him, but he couldn't really say anything, as watching such a musical as a guy did seem odd himself. But he wanted to let Fukada know that there was a reason for it.

"Well, I'm more interested in the actresses that are in the musical, not really the Cinderella part."

Fukada seemed to finally understand what was going on, and gave one of his big smiles again.

"Naruhodone- (I see), beppin no joyu-san ni hitomeborette wakeda (You got a crush on a pretty actress), un wakaru, wakaruyo (I understand)"

"Yeah, I've been a big fan since I found out about them 2 years ago. This is like a dream come true to finally see them in person."

"Sugoina-(That's amazing) Tomas san wakainoni konjou arune- (You have guts for such a young age) ashita chanto miretara iine un.(Hope you get to see them tomorrow then.)"

"Very much so, I can't wait."

The minivan finally arrived at the place and as soon as Thomas put his luggage inside his room, he came out to get directions to the theater from Fukada, who was watering plants right outside the living room where there was a small garden. Fortunately the theater was located a lot closer than Thomas thought, it was only 3 train stations away. Feeling like everything is planned and set up just the way he wanted, Thomas went out for a quick bite at the ramen shop near the place. Feeling fatigued from a long trip, Thomas went straight to bed after taking a quick shower.

Thomas woke up to the sound of an alarm clock he had set up using his cell phone. The day has finally come, today was the day to finally see MM in person. Thomas took a quick bite of a sandwich he bought at a convini on his way back from the ramen shop yesterday, and went outside hurriedly even though it was still too early to the start time of the musical. After arriving right outside the theater 2 hours early, Thomas looked around for someplace where he could hang around until the musical starts, but it was a busy street to just stand around, and he didn't want to get lost by venturing too far away from the theater so he decided to wait at the lobby area inside the theater. About an hour later, people started to show up one by one, and the lobby area began to feel a bit crowded but still the space was aplenty for Thomas to not feel too cramped. The thought of seeing MM soon made Thomas a bit nervous, he looked around for a bathroom, but there was a sign on the door that said something he just couldn't read, so Thomas pushed on the door only to find that it's locked. Now feeling even more nervous, he really had to go but he didn't know where the other bathrooms were. After wandering about the lobby area, Thomas found the door to the stairway, and decided to go down to the basement first.

The basement floor had a wide passageway and felt spacious but many ceiling light fixtures were not lit which kept some spots quite dim and a bit creepy. Thomas looked for some kind of a sign to the bathroom but soon found himself lost in the basement where many passageways crossed each other like a grid. Thomas was no longer concerned about the bathroom, he was worried that he would not find his way back to the lobby in time and see the musical now. That's when he faintly heard a sound of a person talking from a room all the way in the back end of the passageway, where the door was about half-way open and the light from inside was beaming out like a beacon. Thomas was sure that the voice was coming from there as all the other doors around him were fully shut. Out of desperation and facing a crisis against time, Thomas approached the half-open door to ask for directions, but he suddenly froze and couldn't move after seeing the temporary sign printed on a piece of paper that was attached to the door that read, [モーニング娘様]. It was then that Thomas realized the female voice sounded very familiar, and through the door was a girl who was facing her back towards the door, apparently talking to someone in front of her to which Thomas couldn't quite see as the girl was blocking the view. But the girl's hairstyle along with the voice was good enough of a hint for Thomas to realize who it was. Thomas wanted to knock on the door to let her know that he was standing there but his body was still frozen and all he could do was keep peeking inside the room. Thomas tried to understand what she was saying but her voice was barely audible and she was mumbling a bit so the words weren't very clear. Then something had occurred inside the room that completely took Thomas by surprise, he was so shocked by what he saw that he almost fell flat on his butt, it was something he realized right away that he wasn't suppose to see, yet he still couldn't believe what just happened actually happened. Thomas suddenly sensed that someone was standing behind him because there was a scent of a perfume he didn't smell right before. Thomas slowly turned around to find a familiar looking face staring at him with her arms crossed and this expressionless face that says she's one tough cookie.

"Anta dare? Kokode nanishiteruno? (Who are you? What are you doing here?)"

Reina spoke in a calm tone but assertive enough to let Thomas know that she's not very happy.

The girl inside the room heard Reina's voice and turned around to see Thomas and Reina standing at the door entrance. Sayumi was startled to find a guy she had not seen before standing there, then looked over to Reina as if to ask what is going on. Before Sayumi was about to say something, another voice from the corner of the room was heard first, who sounded exactly like Kamei Eri.

"Ah-Sayu! Barecha mazuitte, hayaku kakushiteyo! (Oh Sayu! You can't show that, conceal it quickly!)"

"Chotto-doushite doa aitetano? Eri ga chanto shimenaito ikenaijan! (Hey why was the door left open? Eri you should've close it!)"

"Atashino seini shinaideyo-mou- (Hey don't blame it on me!)"

"Futaritomo urusai! Tonikaku, oni-san dare? Soreto kokode nanishiteruno ka kikitaine. (You two shut up! Anyway, who are you boy? And I'm curious of what you were doing here?)"

Thomas was scared when asked the same question by Reina, but to be honest he was still puzzled of what he had seen.

"I....I.......my name is Thomas....and....I'm your fan......and.....I got lost looking for.....bathroom....no ah, toilet!....yeah toilet, you know?"

"Uwa, eigo jan, Eri sappari wakannai ya- (Woah, it's English, I have no idea what he's saying!)"

Reina stared at Eri with annoyance for her remark, but soon shifted her focus back to Thomas.

"Oni-san nihongo hanasenaino? Atashino itterukoto ha wakaru?(Boy, can you speak Japanese? Do you understand what I'm saying?)"

"Ah...eh-.....sukoshi....(A little....)"

"Ne-Reina, are tsukaeba? Nanka mendokusaiyo kono jyoukyou. (Reina, why don't we use that thing, this whole situation is very annoying.)"

"Odamari Sayu, sonna koto shitara masu masu atashitachi no shoutai ga barerudeshouga. (Be quiet Sayu, if we do that it's only going to reveal who we really are even more.)"

"Te yu-kasa Sayu to Reina, kono oni-san no maede bera bera shabette iino? Sukoshi ha nihongo wakarutte ittenakatta? (At any rate Sayu and Reina, should we really talk about it in front of him? Didn't he say he understands some Japanese?)"

The three girls looked at Thomas in unison, each of them had a look that has them wondering what he was all about and how to deal with the situation.

"Toriaezu oni-san niha chotto atashitachini tsukiatte moraukara, Sayu, Eri, kono hito heyano nakani tsuretette. (Anyhow, you will have to be with us for a while, Sayu, Eri, take him inside the room.)"

Thomas wanted to say something to let the girls' guard down towards him, but he just couldn't open his mouth from the shock. The three MM members gently took Thomas by his arms and led him inside the room, and closed the door, locking it.

#2 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

rofl, that was funny ^^;

IIRC, there isn't a door to the basement in the Koma lobby though XD

Fukada's reaction is eerily similar to the ticket-office lady's when I asked for a ticket to see Cinderella though :lol:

As if she thought... "hold on, gaijin... can't be a Motoku, can he? Then why the hell does he want to see a girly musical???" :lol:

#3 killua76

killua76

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1606 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

WOW!!
lol this story was actually really fun and very interesting!! hehe ^^
I wished I was Thomas...
If I were in the same situation as Thomas, I wouldn't be able to be calm as well as seeing MoMusu for the first time in real life I would still be in shock that they were talking to me and all... hehe ^^

Hope theres a second chapter!! hehe :whistle:
cant wait to see/know what happens next eheh ^^
Posted Image
Siggy made my anuskyna, Thanks!

#4 Nizmo

Nizmo

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:45 AM

Thanks for the comments, here's Chapter 2, I got it done a lot sooner than I thought so I'll be working on Chapter 3 tonight and it'll be put up tomorrow, thanks.

Chapter 2: "M" Mode

Under normal circumstances Thomas should be thrilled to be with three of the MM members right before his eyes, being close enough to hear their breathing and see their amazingly flawless ivory skin that looked so smooth and firm up close. But after what he had witnessed a few minutes ago, the situation he got himself into was very traumatic and frightening as he had no idea what exactly was going on, and even more so of what was going to happen next. Reina gestured Thomas to take a seat on a sofa at the corner of the room, then went over to the make-up table and opened a black leather handbag that was laying there and took out something that looked like a piece of ear bud. Reina came over next to where Thomas was sitting and handed it to him, gesturing to put it in his ear. Thomas looked at it cautiously, but it seemed rather harmless and looked like an ordinary ear bud made of silicon rubber, so he put it in his ear.

"Can you understand me now?"

Thomas looked at Reina like he had seen a ghost, as she was now speaking in perfect English!

"How...you can speak English?...What is going on?!"

Reina spoke as she sat on a make-up chair across Thomas and crossed her legs, which were very thin yet long for her height, probably because she was wearing a very tight and tiny jean shorts.

"Not really, I'm still speaking in Japanese, but the device in your ear is translating the audio into English instantaneously."

"But how do you understand what I am saying in English?"

"It works both ways, what you speak is translated into Japanese instantaneously and we are hearing Japanese from you. You don't hear it because the audio frequency is traveling away from your auditory senses in a particular way. So all you hear is your natural tongue."

Thomas felt numb from witnessing one extraordinary thing after another. He closed his eyes for a brief moment to collect his thoughts. Reina sensed that Thomas was having a difficult time absorbing the whole situation, so she waited patiently until Thomas opened his eyes.

"Are you feeling ok? Do you want something to drink? Water? Tea?"

"I don't know what I am suppose to feel or think...look, I'm your fan...you can trust me, just tell me what the hell is going on?"

Reina looked over to Sayu and Eri who were sitting next to each other across the room on a bench. Sayu took a peek at Thomas and whispered something into Eri's ear. Eri stared at Thomas while she was listening and her expression changed from being a bit nervous to showing a playful grin she usually has.

"I think we should test him to see if he is a real fan of MM first before trusting his words."

"Ok Sayu, what do you have in mind? Any suggestions Eri?"

"Yeah, I want to ask him a few questions, if he can answer them correctly, I think we can trust him."

"That's a good idea Eri, go ahead and ask him."

Thomas looked at Eri who was staring up at the ceiling while scratching her chin with her index finger to indicate that she was trying to come up with questions to ask on a whim. Her astute facial expression combined with her pouty lips made her look extra cute.

"Ok here is the first question, what is Sayu's favorite color?"

Thomas let out a sigh of relief, it was easier than he had anticipated.

"That would be pink."

Reina stared at Eri with a look that said the question was not to her liking, but she sat still and let Eri to continue.

"Correct, the second question is, what is Reina's trademark gesture on stage?"

Thomas was again relieved to get a relatively easy question.

"It's her wink."

"Correct again, ok this is the final question, who is the cutest member of MM right now?"

Right after saying it, Eri burst out laughing, Sayu tried not to laugh along with Eri, but she couldn't resist and covered her mouth with her hand hoping that Reina wouldn't notice it.

"Eri! It's not the time to goof around! Will you ask him the final question already?"

"Ok okay, sheesh you are scaring me Reina...alright, the final question is, what was the first single song that the 6th generation members sang as MM members?"

Thomas thought about it for a moment just to make sure that he had no doubts about it.

"That single would be Shabondama."

Sayu and Eri clapped hands together as if they had rehearsed it and congratulated Thomas.

"Excellent! You passed the test, ya-y!"

Thomas noticed that Reina still had a look on her face that suggested she was still unsure about him.

"Reina....I mean, err Ms. Tanaka, I'm really just a fan, I just don't understand why you are being so cautious....I mean who could I possibly be other than an ordinary boy?"

"Well, you could be an agent ."

"An agent? What is that suppose to mean? I'm not following you..."

Reina gave Thomas a look of sheer displeasure.

"Look, it's very complicated and very hard to explain, I think it's best that we forget the whole thing and..."

Sayu interrupted Reina with a look of conviction. Her big round eyes appeared even larger.

"No Reina, we promised him, you can't change your mind like that, it's not fair to him."

Eri didn't mutter a word for the fear of getting Reina's cold stare, but quietly nodded her head to show that she agreed with Sayu. Reina let out a sigh of reluctance and looked straight into Thomas' eyes.

"Fine, look Thomas....Tomu kun, what I'm about to tell you is just for your ears, but before I tell you anything, I need to know how much you saw and what you saw at the door."

Reina's question suddently took Thomas to recall back to where he was earlier, standing at the half-open door, looking at the back of Sayu...then he saw everything...which still was a shock to his mind. He turned his head to look at the spot Sayu was standing at earlier, which now had it covered over with a white sheet of cloth.

"I....I saw everything Ms. Tanaka...I saw Sayumin...she was removing someone's face from the head as if it was a mask!"

Reina looked over to Sayu to confirm that what he was saying was true, Sayu nodded gently.

"So you didn't see the person's face huh, anything else?"

"No...I didn't see the face quite clearly since Sayumin had her hands on it... it looked like a female's face though...then I heard some sort of electronic sound...I can't quite describe it...something like a computer you know."

"Ok I think I get the picture, I guess I'll explain about what Sayu was doing first then, Sayu, go ahead and remove the sheet so he can take a look at it."

As Sayu went over to remove the sheet, Thomas could only stare at what he saw under the sheet in sheer disbelief...there stood a figure so lifeless and stiff that it would only be seen as a mannequin if it wasn't for the realistic hair and skin tone. Thomas could instantly recognize her face without any hesitation as it was none other than that of Kusumi Koharu.

"What in the world...what the hell...that's....Koharu isn't it?"

Sayu nodded and looked at it with compassion.

"Yes it's Koharu, the one and only Koharu we know and love, that's what she really is."

"She was a robot!?"

"No, she's an android."

"Ok, that's besides the point...wha.....wha.....why?"

Eri who was quietly watching the whole thing unfold like a curious spectator watching a game suddenly sprang to her feet and stood between Sayu and Reina to lock their arms side by side with a playful grin on her face.

"Because we are not who you think we are! Hehehehehe~"

Thomas simply was lost for words at what Eri just said, and only could stare at the three girls with complete bewilderment.

#5 killua76

killua76

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1606 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Oh sweet!!! A new chapter woot!!!
gonna read it now!! hehe <3

EDIT:
After reading Chapter two... I was in shock and kept saying "What?!" but in a shockingly tone of voice!

Thomas looked at it cautiously, but it seemed rather harmless and looked like an ordinary ear bud made of silicon rubber, so he put it in his ear.

with this

"Not really, I'm still speaking in Japanese, but the device in your ear is translating the audio into English instantaneously."

I so want those Ear plugs or Ear buds!!! If those exist in the real world it would be easier to understand any language! :P

Spoiler

"She was a robot!?"

"No, she's an android."

This shocked me!

lol funny and shocking turn of events!! hehe ^^
now I can't wait for the next chapter!! hehe :lol:
Posted Image

#6 Mizer

Mizer

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:34 AM

Fantastic job, Nizmo. You may not believe this, but I've actually imagined that Koharu was an android, so when I started read the description of the mannequin on the table, I anticipated who it was. Maybe the idea was planted in my mind from the Futarigoto episode where Yossie was giving her thoughts on each of the members, and she compared Koharu to a wind up toy. :good: The idea also makes sense given her non-stop genkiness.

Anyway, great job--I can't wait for the next installment. :)

The K7 Blog and Translation Station

http://www.hello-onl...l-competition/'>KK's Local Short Documentary Wins 1st Runner-Up in National Competition (07-20-2011)
KK's 19th Birthday Wishes from Members (Updated) (07-16-2011)

Posted Image

#7 neospaceblue

neospaceblue

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

"Yes it's Koharu, the one and only Koharu we know and love, that's what she really is."

"She was a robot!?"

"No, she's an android."

I knew she was too perfect to be human! :)

#8 Nizmo

Nizmo

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Ok here's Chapter 3, it was delayed a bit as I did a major revision in the plot because I felt the original plot was too simple. What can I say, I just like putting in one surprise after another, and I think this chapter sets up the next surprise I have put in for Chapter 4 very well. And while I like to have a steady dose of humor element in this story, the overall tone may shift towards something else at the end of the story...ok honestly I already have finished the conclusion part, and it's going to be very touching, hopefully. So if you are not too crazy about funny stories, this one has something else in store for you, so please stick around until the end, it's well worth it if I may say so myself. Enjoy!

Chapter 3: The Untold Truth

Knowing that there's nothing to hide anymore, Sayu went over to Koharu and removed the faceplate like she had done previously and pulled out her cell phone and attached one end of a cable to it and plugged the other end to the side of Koharu's face.

"Reina, I need to finish updating Koharu's vocal program before the musical, I'm running late."

Thomas could only watch in amazement as Sayu went on updating Koharu, apparently using her cell phone as an updating device of sorts. Thomas felt something poking his cheek while he was fully focused on Sayu and Koharu, he turned his head to find Eri with a grin, it was her index finger.

"Oh good, you aren't having a heart attack, ehehe."

".....this is so unreal....why is Koharu an android....how could such a thing even exist?...wait, you just said you are not who I think you are, then....who are you?"

Eri was about to say something but then had this look on her face that she was struggling with the right words to explain. She went over to Reina and tapped her shoulder lightly.

"Pass, I can't think right now."

Reina didn't lose focusing on Thomas as if she's used to Eri's nonchalant behavior, and reluctantly began to talk.

"Koharu is a confidential project developed by an organization to remain anonymous for an experiment, and we are the operatives who monitor and look after Koharu on a daily basis."

Eri and Sayu exchanged looks for a brief moment as if they were concerned about something, but Sayu soon went back to working on Koharu while Eri glanced at Thomas to see his reaction to Reina's words.

"Um....I still have no idea what you are talking about...ok let me ask this, what kind of technology is that? I haven't seen anything like that ever!"

"All I can tell you is that the technology known to the public is about 30 years behind to what is truly going on behind the scenes. But it's really nothing new, we've done this before."

"What?....What do you mean by that?"

"I'm saying that Koharu isn't the first android from MM, Goto Maki was the first android project."

Even though Thomas was only a few feet away watching Reina talk with his own eyes, what she just said was hard to believe, that the super idol he had known and appreciated all these years was not even a human being.

"You said....that you are the operatives of Koharu....but you weren't there when Goto Maki became a member....isn't that right?"

"Right, the operatives of Goto Maki were the 2nd generation members. Myself, Eri, and Sayu were still being trained at the Super Intelligence Academy at the time."

While it was still all too surreal to accept as a fact, Thomas could finally grasp a pattern, it was clear that the operatives join MM one generation prior to the addition of an android. He recalled reading something about Ichii Sayaka mentoring Goto Maki back then. Thomas suddenly came to a realization and looked over at Sayu who was still tinkering with Koharu, there was a reason why Sayu was assigned to be the mentor of Koharu when there were supposedly more qualified members to mentor her.

"Are they....do all members of MM in on this....project?"

"No, the 1st generation was just an ordinary bunch of girls, MM started out as a normal idol group like any other groups. Our organization didn't start utilizing MM until the 2nd generation on, to be honest the project was abandoned at one time, and MM went on to being an ordinary idol group once again with the addition of 4th and 5th generation members who had nothing to do with the project."

"What exactly is this project about? And why did you abandon it the first time?"

"It's a collaborative joint project between our organization and a very powerful commercial entity, in which the goal was to create an android that would capture the imagination and hearts of the people as an ace member of the idol group. The project was abandoned the first time because MM was getting way too popular than anticipated and they were afraid that the truth might get exposed by the constant scrutiny of the media."

"So that's why Goto Maki was out of MM so soon...but what about her solo career right after?"

"They felt that further experimentation as an solo artist would be highly beneficial in making the android even more complete, as well as collecting data for future projects. However Goto Maki is not a part of the current project we are assigned to, and that's all I know as far as Goto Maki is concerned."

"Ok....so, why are you doing the Koharu project after all that?"

"They wanted to test and see if an updated android could revive the group's popularity level of the past, and we have been conducting that experiment ever since joining of MM as the 6th generation members as a front."

Eri seemed pleased in listening to what Reina told Thomas, and gleefully smiled.

"Cool story, isn't it?"

Thomas looked at Eri, who was no longer just an idol to him, she was...like a super smart operative from a secret organization, along with Reina and Sayu. Such reality was hard to accept for Thomas, who could still only see the three girls as nothing other than the performers of an idol group he had always known to be.

"What about....all the training...singing...dancing...? I mean....you auditioned to join MM....but you weren't really interested in joining MM then?"

"Well, sure it was difficult for us super intellectuals to pretend as idols, but it wasn't as big a hurdle for us as it was for the 2nd generation members, they really struggled to fit in."

Eri burst out laughing from remembering the past.

"Oh my gosh, it was hilarious watching Kei chan pretending to be an idol, I felt so bad for her since her real aspiration was to become an astronaut."

Eri then glanced over to Sayu with a chuckle.

"And then our sweet bunny Sayu topped it with her amazing vocals, right Sayu?"

Sayu blushed at Eri's sarcastic remark, and gave her a resentful look.

"Hey I'm not as bad as I used to be, and I'm super cute so that should be more than enough!"

"Oh my gosh Sayu, you sound more and more like your pretend character, you are enjoying this gig way too much girl."

"But it's true, I was selected because of my looks, so there."

Reina shook her head with eyes closed in disgust but kept her composure and let Sayu and Eri exchange silly comments. She glanced at the wall clock to check the time.

"Like Eri said, we learned a lot from watching the 2nd generation members, and our transition was a lot smoother. Kei chan gave us a lot of feedback to go by. For better or worse, we did become a part of MM and we enjoy it, and truly care about the group and the other members, the only difference is that it's not our true identity"

"So let me get this straight...Tsunku never chose the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, and 7th generation members by his own will?"

"Well, he had no say in regards to the androids, and 2nd generation members were already chosen by our organization beforehand, but I think Tsunku didn't like them as performers so much, so when it came to our turn, the organization gave a profile list of available candidates from the Super Intelligence Academy to Tsunku and he handpicked the three of us. The auditions were just for show."

"He didn't have a problem with the whole android thing and you guys?"

"Not that I know of, he was very accepting and willing to cooperate, I guess the eccentric artist that he is probably saw the project as a good challenge."

By this time Sayu was finishing up on updating Koharu, and Eri was sitting next to Sayu with her head resting on Sayu's shoulders, looking as if she's ready for a nap. Sayu proceeded to put the faceplate back into place, and after a few seconds, Koharu's eyes slowly opened, and began to move as though she was a real human being.

"Koharu, meet Tomu kun, he's our new friend."

Guided by Sayu's words, Koharu looked at Thomas with an innocent curiosity.

"Hi Tomu kun, I am Koharu, nice to meet you."

"Amazing....simply amazing....oh....hi Koharu."

"Yeah I am amazing, thank you Tomu kun, I like you already."

Eri playfully poked her index finger into the side of Koharu's waist.

"Oh you love machine you, Koharu gets all the boys, not fair~"

Reina who didn't change her posture throughout the whole time abruptly stood up.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to leave for now before any of our managers and other members show up, we also have to get ready for the musical."

Thomas was not ready to part ways with the girls at any mental, psychological and emotional capacity, and even more so with the situation he had put himself into, it was too extraordinary of an event to let go just yet fearing that he may never be able to see them in person like this again.

"Wait a minute,...I still have so many things to ask, can I see you guys again?"

"We've told you pretty much the whole story, I don't see the need to risk ourselves just so you can chat with us."

"But...but aren't you worried that I might tell someone about this?"

Reina smirked at Thomas with a look of cynicism she hasn't shown before.

"Who is going to believe you? Besides, you don't have to worry about us abandoning you either, we told you about us because we need a favor to ask of you, otherwise we could have easily acted not to even talk to you in the first place."

Thomas thought for a second and realized that she was right, she didn't have to let him inside the room initially, and surely nobody will believe what happened to him either.

"Ok...as long as I can talk to you again, I'll do whatever you ask me to. What favor do you want from me?"

"We'll discuss about it later, can I see your cell phone for a minute?"

Reina took the cell phone from Thomas and handed it to Sayu, who seemed to know how to get around it without any hesitation, and after pressing quite a few keys into it, handed it back to Thomas.

"Sayu just put in some instructions on what to do once you leave here, and when the time is right, we'll contact you."

Thomas was curious of what was written and tried to flip open his cell phone only to be stopped by Sayu.

"No, don't read it just yet, read it alone right after the show is over, otherwise you'll never see us again."

There was a sense of dire sorrow in Sayu's tone of voice that felt a bit odd to Thomas, but the word of warning got his attention like a ton of bricks. There was simply no way he would risk never seeing them again by trying to read the instruction prematurely.

"Ok...I will do as told, I promise."

Reina approached Thomas and gestured to take out the ear bud, and tossed it over to Sayu, and then took Thomas by his arm towards the door to open it.

"Acchi no houkouni itte nibanme no kado de migi ni magaruto deguchi dakara. (Go this way and take the 2nd corner to the right and you'll find the exit.)"

"Ah...ok, arigato...Ms. Tanaka."

Eri waved her hand to Thomas.

"Jane-n. Musicaru tanosindene~ (See ya~enjoy the musical~)"

"Hai...see you Kame chan..."

Koharu constantly blinked her big eyes with an oblivious look on her face as she saw Thomas leaving.

"Tomu kun mata asoboune. (Let's hang out again Thomas.)"

"Hai...yorokonde, Koharu chan...(Sure...I'll be glad to)"

Sayu kept her farewell short but somewhat fidgety.

"Odaijini. (Take care)"

"Hai...arigato Sayumin..."

Reina gave Thomas a last look that says don't mess it up or you'll never see us again.

"Ja matane, maigo ni naranaidene. (See ya, don't get lost.)"

"Hai...I'll be ok...arigato Ms. Tanaka...see you all again soon hopefully..."

As he looked over his shoulder to see the door close behind him, he couldn't help but feel that what just happened was a dream that he would soon wake up from and become a faded memory lost forever in his sleep, but that moment never came, he was as alert and awake as he could ever be. He took a peek at his cell phone very closely, which still had a faint scent of nail polish Sayu must've been wearing. Thomas soon found an exit with the directions as told by Reina, and came up to the lobby which was a little bit more crowded than when he had left it. The musical he came to see was now an afterthought, but he never felt so alive and anxious in his entire life.

Throughout the whole musical, all Thomas could think about in his seat was the close encounter he just had and the instruction that's waiting for him on his cell phone. As the musical approached the finale and the cast came out for the curtain call, Thomas took a deep breath and looked down on his cell phone, which he had been holding onto tightly with his hands throughout the whole musical. A sense of relief and nervousness kicked in at the same time as he flipped it open to read the instruction.

As if hit by lightening, Thomas sprang to his feet after reading the instruction, and with a sense of sheer urgency and desperation on his face, he dashed through the lobby towards the door for the stairway only to find it locked.

#9 killua76

killua76

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1606 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

oh cool! Chapter 3 is here! :wub:

EDIT:
After reading this chapter...
I dunno what to say just that this story is so crazily great!! hehe :ph34r:

"I'm saying that Koharu isn't the first android from MM,

Spoiler
was the first android project."

I lol'd at this part hehe :good:
This is a really really interesting story! XP

Now I'm wondering what was the instruction Sayu put in his cell phone! hehe ^^
Can't wait till the next chapter! ^^
Posted Image

#10 Nizmo

Nizmo

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 685 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:22 AM

Here's the final chapter, I hope I have delivered on my promise that it would be very touching at the end, thanks for reading my first fanfic here, I enjoyed writing it and hopefully the readers were able to enjoy reading it as well.

Chapter 4: Sweet Farewell

Thomas didn't care that he was acting like a complete lunatic in front of people, he kept trying to open the locked door by turning on the knob with as much strength as he could muster to no avail. Thomas banged on the door with a fist to see if anybody was on the other side.

"Hello!? Anybody there? Please open this door!!...Ah...kono doa akete kudasai!! (Open this door please!!)"

There simply were no signs of anyone from the other side, Thomas eventually wore himself out after keep trying, and took a seat in the lobby area to collect his thoughts. He took out the cell phone and flipped it open to read the instruction again to remind himself of what he just read was still there.

[To: Tomu kun

We are sorry that it had to be this way, but we have decided long before meeting you that this was the best way to do it for the sake of your safety. The story Reina has told you is not true, she made it all up because she wanted to absolutely make sure that you were who you said you were before revealing our true identity, even though we knew beforehand that you were a genuine fan. The truth is, we are from a different world other than yours, Our world and your world seem to affect each other's significant events in a reactionary manner, and our world has figured out how it works as our world is far more advanced and technologically superior to yours. The unfortunate thing is, we saw our world crumble in the future as well, and it is due to a certain event that may or may not happen in your future. We have researched the event and found out which way is the solution to prevent our world's demise. Our real task was to be a part of MM as members until a certain music is written. We were very close to get that music in our hands, but we have been encountering some incidents of interference by the Agents recently. An Agent is an opposing entity from our world who does not want to see the happy ending for their twisted evil reasons. Koharu is actually a security android who protects and serves us with a defensive combat mechanism, communications system, and most importantly, the "M" Mode where she acts like a human member of MM for disguise. We simply couldn't afford to fail our mission, so we came up with a backup plan to ensure that the mission is completed even if we don't make it out alive. That's where you come in Tomu kun, we have implanted a code in your cell phone that could only be decoded by someone from our world who works with us. Hopefully we do not have to fall back on this backup plan, but if it becomes necessary, we are confident that you will not be harmed by this arrangement. We are sorry but you will never see us ever again no matter what happens from now, our task with you has been completed, we now have to go and secure the music in our hands to complete the mission. If things work out, we will send you a message to let you know, but if we fail, you will never hear from us again and there may be something about MM breaking up in the news. A few days after the news, someone will visit you to get the code. When that person visits you, ask for a password, which should be "prelude". Only then you should hand over the code. The reason we chose you was by pure timing, we didn't have much time to pick and choose, and you were the only one around at the time so we hope that you are ok with this whole thing, but we know that you want to help us so it was cool that you were also a fan. Well, hopefully this won't be our last message, but if it is, then we just like to say thank you for being a MM fan with so much love and passion, we were very pleased to have met you and wish you all the best, take care!

p.s. This message will delete itself within two hours!

Thomas read the message over and over, and the more he read, the tears kept forming and he couldn't hold down the overflowing emotion of mixed feelings. Thomas was frustrated in a way because he couldn't help them any more than he wanted to, but what really made him tearful was the extent in which the three girls went about just to make sure that Thomas was safe no matter what happened. Thomas may have liked them as idols before, but he felt right then that there's now a bond between them which is far more precious and meaningful to him not because of who they really are, but because they were still who he thought they were and more.

~Two Months Later~

Thomas woke up to the sound of chirping birds right outside the window. Even though the events from two months ago felt like an eternity, the first thing he thought about was the message and the three girls when he woke up in the morning ever since. There was a certain sense of uneasiness every single day knowing that a bad news may be awaiting him, but what really made him tense was for the anticipation of getting a message from the girls. The first thing he did in the morning was to check for messages, and then go online from his laptop to check out the news. Today seemed to be just like any other day, no message. Thomas slowly got changed to get ready for language school while turning on the power for the laptop. As soon as he saw the headlines, his eyes popped open and his whole body froze on a dime.

<Morning Musume 6th generation members Kamei, Michishige, and Tanaka graduate.>

Thomas couldn't quite figure out how to take the news at first, it was not something he was expecting on any of his scenarios. Is it a bad news? Good news? Thomas was confused and got scared at the same time fearing that the worst may have happened to them. He read the related article to find more information, but none of it mentioned anything specific about why. His cell phone on the desk as if on cue beeped to indicate an incoming message. Thomas snatched up the cell phone and flipped it open.

[To: Tomu kun

Yappi~! How are you? It took a bit longer than we thought, but we are fine, sorry about that, we know that you were very concerned for us. The mission is a complete success! We have the music and now we can finally go back to our world to save it. We want to let you know that we truly enjoyed being a part of MM, and will always cherish the memories we've made as the 6th generation members, and consider ourselves as who you thought we were, real idols. As an appreciation of supporting us and MM in many ways, we have made something that you might like, simply use the provided URL and you can find out what it is. Thanks for everything Tomu kun, we love you very much!

Finally realizing that they were ok, Thomas let out a sigh of relief, and typed in the URL on his laptop.

PLAY

While watching it, Thomas could barely hold back the tears of happiness for the girls. There was a knock on the room door, and Fukada came in with a sleepy look on his face.

"Tomu kun, gakko chikoku suruzo-shitaku shinaito~ (Hey Tom, you are running late for school, better get ready.)"

Thomas was too emotional to respond to Fukada, and kept staring at the laptop monitor. Fukada came over next to Thomas and looked over his shoulder with curiosity.

"Ah~naruhodone-konoko tachiga Tomu kun ga horeteru kotachika-un, wakaru, wakaruyo (Ah, so these girls are the ones you have a crush on huh, yeah, I understand.)"

Fukada lightly patted on Thomas' shoulder with a big grin on his face and left the room to water the plants.
After watching it, Thomas went over to the window to breath in fresh air and looked up at the clear sky and whispered peacefully.

"Arigato...minna genkidene. (Thank you...farewell girls.)"

The End

#11 killua76

killua76

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1606 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

That was a very touching ending!
I love the video that's included!
While I was watching that video it brought tear to my eyes, tears of happiness!
The video was perfectly placed for this series and the compilations of the clips used! Especially when they were saying "Bye Bye~" and for the last scene with Sayumi as well!
Great job! and You did delivered your promise :blush:
Thanks Nizmo for this fanfic in here!! :blush:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users