• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#181 mejai

mejai

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

I was searching for Utaban clips then I saw the one with Rika and chickens. Then I decided to search for more of this "Musume" and found Ayaka's surprise english lessons. Yop.
Posted Image

#182 Dragonlord

Dragonlord

Kawaii O_O!

• Senpai
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

I came by a couple of PV on youtube when search for asian music. When I first saw their pv I thought that they were pretty good so I did research on the net and found out that they are Morning Musume. From that day on I am a great fan of Morning Musume (Favorite member Reina Tanaka).
Posted Image

#183 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

I came by a couple of PV on youtube when search for asian music. When I first saw their pv I thought that they were pretty good so I did research on the net and found out that they are Morning Musume. From that day on I am a great fan of Morning Musume (Favorite member Reina Tanaka).

I guess your research paid off! well, it's nice to meet another fan of momusu!

i've been a fan for 6 months now and it has been great!

#184 sumsquare

sumsquare

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Because... I feel many MM fans are boys...and there posts are always talking about the members are sexy or want to touch their brests!!!....
and nowadays H!P always sale out photobook! it is want to attract boy fans?!!........
actually i don't like MM become like that...

I am unwitting to hurt anyone~*
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#185 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

Well i like the Hello Project as a whole but i would be a liar if i said i was not attracted to many of them because of there obvioues good looks but i like to think theres more to it than that. For starters i fair sized HP collection if it was all down to what they looked like would i even bother buying any of there stuff ? Probably not if i didt actually like the music i would noy buy it. To reinforce my case that i like HP for more than just the pretty ladies i will explain how i came across them in the first place. In 2004 i was on holiday in Japan and on a radio station i heard the song Namida Ga Tomarani Houkago, i had no idea what the song was called at the time and no idea who did the song but i totally fell for the voice of one of the girls who i later found out was Asami Konno. I had no real way of finding who did the song so i had no chance of finding it in one of there record stores. I came back to England and a short time went by and by chance i downloaded a Morning Musume album which happened to have Namida Ga Tomararni Houkago on it. I loved the whole album straight away and at this point i still had no idea what they looked like i ordered the album shortly afterwards (afterall if its good enough to download and enjoy its worth buying). Now that i knew the name of that song i liked tracking down the video was not so hard. I must confess that when i first saw the video i thought o please let that voice belong to that one (looking at Konkon she is co cute) and yes it was her. By chance on that holiday i had actually bought her first photobook at the time i hard by chance alone bought it without realising it was her voice on that song i liked.

Morning Musume has actually helped me learn to speak some Japanese (yes i need to improve but im good enough to subtitle most stuff if given time) i liked the songs but obviousely couldnt understand them so that gave me the motivation to learn some Japanese just so i could understand what they were saying.

As to your main point about them being aimed now fundamentally at a male audience i have to agree with that and i would like to see them return to the way they once were. In a total dream world they would put Yuko Nakazawa back in as i feel (IMO) that she is the heart and soul of Morning Musume and when she left that was the first nail in there coffin (take a look at it her leaving cost them an immeidate sales loss of about 250000) that alone is a figure they could only dream of selling nowadays.

There is no harm in what they are doing today (photobooks and all that), but they need to get back to what Morning Musume was which is why i say someone like Yuko Nakazawa was very important to there structure to that list i would also add Kei Yasuda and possibly Iida Kaori.

One thing to keep in mind here is that it is a buisness and the money that they produce from photobooks and other merchandise is huge its just there single and album sales seem to have gone right down (but still they might not be the big earners they use to be but they still get them lots of priceless tv time which boosts all the other sales). However they could be alot better and that does need fixing but i think one of the big problems they face there is not promoting all the members in Morning Musume evenly it so often is the same old girl every time and lets face it , its not working very well is it ? (dont blame the girl tho it not her fault she just does as she is told) Its time to cater to all the fanbases if they want those high sales again, kinda like how they use to. Yes there were always favourites and some lead alot more than others but the split was better and so were there sales.

#186 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

I see no harm in the photobooks i admit i look at them myself i think there really flattering and put together so nicely most of the time. How do i feel towards them ? i think there great, so harmless it all seems but i also agree that it is basically aimed at a male audience. The only problem there is if thats really the cause of the drop in sales that means prehaps as many of all there fans before hand were actually female at least say 80% that cant be correct surely ? Its a combination of things that have caused there record sales to go down. Remember its not just theres that have dropped but there are so many factors involved which they could easily prevent.

I see it all as harmless entertainment and i cant see myself ever growing out of it it always makes me smile and so they push girls obvioues good looks a lot, so what they have it they can flaunt it . It never in an arogant way or anything like that and well in Yukos case actually better stop before i say to much XD
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#187 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hmm i kinda rambled abit but there was apoint in there XD

Anyway many fans (mostly male) will be drawn in by the girls appearance but hey how many hear can honestly say they get drawn to them and that there looks become a (to be honest) welcome bonus. I myself can put my hand on my heart and say that is the case with me. Others must speak for themselves. I think personality is a key point to success of Morning Musme or any part of the hello project at the moment and this is not used very well at all IMO. Some of the most charamatic members of the hello project are almost ignored at times it can be frustrating to watch for myself atleast. Im not gonna go into a name game with that but i think it fair to say that the girls are poorly focused and there perosonalities rarely get to shine through but when they do its great.

#188 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

morning musume is a great group, thats really how I feel about them, there is just nothing bad about it at all. all their photobooks are great, I actually own a few of them including the scroll. and I agree that they are aiming at a male audience, thats what has made them successful and for having fangirls too.

I know their music sales have dropped, well so is everyone elses too, but their item sales have gone up especially photobooks and the like.

so in the end, I won't grow out of it, it's great to be a fan in the first place and supporting them by buying their stuff

#189 Lum

Lum

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

I like MoMusume because theyr music is something different compared to the old music ive listened to.
Theyr singing voices really seem to match and i really like theyr melodics/lyrics(Seen some lyrics on english, like them alot XD ) also that they can host a really good show, Hello! Morning, i have been watching it for some months now and its really funny XD
Ishikawa Rika = Kawaii, ne?

#190 wrongun

wrongun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

as for me, a relative newbie male fan (since Dec 2005), I like MM mostly because of Hello Morning. If I never found out they had a TV show, I'd probably be less interested, or even not at all. The music is still quite growing on me. I'm a fan of voices, and while some members have great voices while others can be hit or miss in certain songs. As for the melodies, the ballads and mid-tempo songs are tops on my list. So there's probably little wiggle room for me to appreciate most MM songs. But in the end, it's all fun music.

Watching Hello Morning at least puts a personality to the voice and to the face. I do enjoy their silly antics on screen. And again, it looks like a lot of fun. Same reason I like watching SMAPxSMAP. The music is hit or miss, but they're very entertaining on TV.

As for their fanbase, I wish the male-female ratio could be more balanced. Watching a sea of males in the audience in a concert DVD is a bit of a trip. And I find it rude when they keep yelling their soccer-style chants during the songs. The girls are singing, dammit. You can cheer, but don't take over the whole show.

As for my favourite Musume, you can see from my avatar that Mikitty is my overall favourite. I liken her to Kimura Takuya which is my sister's favourite SMAP member. Both have great physical talents and both can have a mean streak sometimes. It's fun watching her laugh. To an extent, I do have a crush on her. I'm 23 so it's probably not that weird, hehe.

Most of my other favourites are former members like Nacchi, Kaorin, and Yaguchi. I do respect all the current Musume, however. But more as a younger sister kind of vibe. I haven't really got the heart to hate anyone. So all in all, MM is great.

#191 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

I feel many MM fans are boys...and there posts are always talking about the members are sexy or want to touch their brests!!!....

You don't have to be famous to have this happen -_-**

But, I like them for several reasons (yes, my sexuality will come into play on this)

First and definitely foremost, I'm impressed that they do what they do. Concerts, singles, movies, anime, PB's, Photoshoots, FC stuff, handshake events......and they STILL have personal time.....that's not something that every person can do (not to mention the stalkers -_-). So....I definitely admire them for what they do, and the stamina needed (makes me wonder about some of them for what they do in their free time though XD;; ) to do that on an almost daily basis.

Secondly.....I would be lying if I said looks have nothing to do with it. I think the girls range anywhere from cute to absolutely gorgeous where I'd want to date them (and I would want to date a few of them). Granted that they do alot of physical stuff to stay in shape, but it's pretty easy to get out of shape.....but they don't. That's another thing that I admire (and am jealous of) about them.

Next...yes....the sexuality thing...if I didn't make it obvious before, I am attracted to them in that way (I'm bi though, just to lay down the line right now), but, not so much as it makes me a drooling perverted fangirl. I mean, yes....I'd be all blushing and stuttering and acting like a complete fool if I met them.....but I would still treat them with respect and whatnot. I'm not gonna say a whole lot more on this though....as it might lead to stuff that just wouldn't be appropriate to discuss.

Lastly, they only way I would stop liking Morning Musume, is if it was disbanded/cancelled/etc. Even then, if the girls went off and did solo or other group work...I'd follow as I'm also a fan of the individual girls, and not just the group overall.

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#192 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:15 AM

Well, the main reason I really love Morning Musume and H!P in general goes a little bit into my past... *wavy flashback black and whiteness*

I've always been into "Pop" (Yes, I liked Brittney Spears, Backstreet Boys, whoever else), and of course the whole anime/manga/Japanese thing. Then about 8th grade, I got really disconnected to the world, watched a lot of anime, only liked the subs, and listened to a lot of emo music. Problem was, I'm way to optimistic to listen to that.

The basic reason I just told you that was to basically come to the conclusion that I was sick of being a "angsty-depressed teenager". Listening to songs about how much life sucked didn't work with me well. Thus, I fell in love with JPop, mainly because I didn't know what they were talking about. Then into MoMusu 'cause I didn't know what they were talking about AND they were happy-peppy about it! They were always smiling, always bouncing up and down, and they made me smile and see the bright side of the world.

I'm sure I do have a physical attraction to them (who wouldn't?), but I don't download an Alo!Hello just to see them in bikinis. I download it to see them do stupid stuff and to make me laugh. If I did buy a photobook, it would be to support that person opposed to look at their body.

Ughh... bad memories <3

#193 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:40 AM

because morning musume was there when I felt I had nothing left for my life. I used to be all emo and stuff and depressed but then I found morning musume and my life literally did a 180 turn. That’s why i am so hardcore because I owe them my graditude through my support. My attraction came afterwards, but my main reason was because it saved me from depression
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#194 sejl

sejl

REAL MUSIC

• Shinmem
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:44 AM

I only got into Morning Musume late last year by means of seeing i clip of there show on youtube somehow
so i'll be honest and say the reason why i first liked them was because i thought some of them were hot
i didn't even know they were a music group i just thought they were on a japanese tv show and that was it but i researched them and stuff and i gained more knowledge them as a musical group and there history and i found this place(hello online) and i learned even more
I have to say now i really like them because of there tv show i think its funny and i enjoy there personalities(i geuss i spelled it right) right now i must be honest and say i'm not the biggest fan of there music even though some of the songs are quite catchy but really i just like morning musume because of the show and i love the girls different personalities and there hot!

#195 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:19 AM

I would be kidding myself if I didnt like International Girls Idols in general. But I dont like the younger girls. Doesnt seem right. I see no problem in it. If someone has a problem with it, they should see me about it. Photobooks, DVD's and stuff like that, its ok. its hard not to a thing for some of these girls, its just natural as human beings.

But why do I like them? Songs are enjoyable, and they look good. (Most of them anyway.) At the end of the day, its the music that I like most about international girl idols. And Himalia, good post but please, enter, please press enter next time you type something that long.
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#196 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

My uncle asks me this all the time, but I think the main reason I like Morning Musume and H!P is because of the emotional effect the music has on me. I mean music, in general has always been a big part of my life (my parents even put a mini-stereo in my crib to playing music while I slept, when I was a baby). So I think a lot it is emtion. It's weird because at home, all last weekend, I was really pissed off for some reason...but I had no idea why. When I got back to school it turned out I was just going through Special Generation withdrawl... <3

I also love the group dynamic and personalities. The first time I saw Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari, it was like watching characters being introduced in a cartoon (and it made me fell all giddy inside). So seeing all the different characteristics, personalities within the group, and how they interact with each other is also another reason why I like them so much.

#197 sumsquare

sumsquare

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:21 AM

actually, I am not really understand what is your meaning... but I really don't like to be famous...I think want to be famous on internet is so stupid...

I said that is because I really feel that's a problem...

They are singer!!! but not AV actress....
And I really feel dispointed to saw some MM fanz like just focus on their face, sexy and body!!!
I really want to know Why do MM fans like morning musume??
I like them because their songs, their hard work, their professional performance, of course also because their kawaii action, but not their body,hot and bikini look! they are just little girls!!! I don't like to see them to sell hot and sexy....

and i agree

As for their fanbase, I wish the male-female ratio could be more balanced. Watching a sea of males in the audience in a concert DVD is a bit of a trip. And I find it rude when they keep yelling their soccer-style chants during the songs. The girls are singing, dammit. You can cheer, but don't take over the whole show

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#198 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:24 AM

And I really feel dispointed to saw some MM fanz like just focus on their face, sexy and body!!!
I really want to know Why do MM fans like morning musume??
I like them because their songs, their hard work, their professional performance, of course also because their kawaii action

we all have explained why we like morning musume.

but not their body,hot and bikini look! they are just little girls!!! I don't like to see them to sell hot and sexy....

thats why they have photobooks, photobooks show off who they are and yes... the bikini shots. that will not go away, I think it's ok to like them in that way as long as it's not in a perverted way of course.

#199 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:37 AM

I'm sure I do have a physical attraction to them (who wouldn't?), but I don't download an Alo!Hello just to see them in bikinis. I download it to see them do stupid stuff and to make me laugh. If I did buy a photobook, it would be to support that person opposed to look at their body.

Ughh... bad memories :lol:

Agreed.....I own 2 Berryz PB's, and I've only looked at them once.

And that's happened to you too huh?

actually, I am not really understand what is your meaning...

It was to what you said about them male fans wanting to touch them......you don't have to be famous to have idiot males do this (and no, I'm not including all males).....they don't care as long as you're female -_-

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#200 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

I like the fun and unserious (I don't think that is a word, don't tell on my Engrish teacher :<3:lol: music that gives me a sugar hyper boost... :lol:

:c16: Pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users