• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#661 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

Right. The same way that you never taste the meat in hamburgers, because there's bread and tomatoes there.

I mean think about all of the Kago Ai hype when she was going to join the Musume, and then when Tsuji was added last second -- we barely heard from Kago anymore!

Not to mention when Fujimoto was added to sixth generation before we even knew who they were really. I don't think I ever learned to get them straight because of it.

When you started with the Hamburgers the first thing I thought was, "poor Kitsuiko has apparently never had a good hamburger." XD Then, as I kept reading, I realized what was going on :good:

Other than the fact that I'm a moron, I think Kitsuiko's on-target again :lol: Just to belabor a clear point: In 8 generations, only 2 have been smaller than the 8th. (The 3rd, and the 7th). 75% of all generations have been this sized or larger. Of all of them, it's my opinion that the 7th had the most difficulty falling into place (after 7th, I'd say 2nd for very different, and probably pretty clear reasons).

When it comes to getting the spotlight, where you start isn't where you finish. Just ask Iida and Ogawa who were among the most favorite when they started, but fell by the wayside. I can count the members after the 1st generation who hit the ground running on one hand. (Goto, The Terrible 2, Tanaka, Fujimoto (who cheated)) Mitsui's induction circumstances don't dictate her future.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#662 jabigjabig

jabigjabig

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

If Tsunku really need money from China,why he doesn't plant a factory, produce something and sell it .Don't sell MM this way. Someone call 'Dark Age' ...I like this word with a terrible feeling #!$%#!!+^*&#
Posted Image

#663 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

I allready liked it that 2 Chinese girls are being added to MM and after having seen them, even if it was for a glimpse, on the latest hello morning, my allready overwhelming interest in MM stagnated enormously. This change is a nice fresh breath of change and the ride of it will be lots and lots of fun. It's been 2 years since I longed for the next hello morning like this. I can't wait for a Korean addition. There will be one? Yes? Yes? Come on Tsunku, enough of the waiting allready.
And for those that still think Tsunku sold out, may Koharu herself stomp you into the ground while performing balalaika on your hide. Hmmm, come to think of it, lots of people would even sign up to get this special treatment, so exchange Koharu for a female version of godzilla or as they say chinchilla instead to perform the given activity. :good:
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

#664 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

Bringing up Mitsui:

She. Looked. ECSTATIC.

"I get fellow members! Friends! Friends! Friends!" Dude, she was bouncing in to meet them. Now, I'm recognizing this is Mitsui who I personally think may just really, really love life in all of its aspects, ever. :good: But, I think she seems generally happy about having a full generation and not being alone and having other new people to share the experience with.

I also want to bring up announcement and debut. 6th generation was announced way back before As For One Day. Think about how long it took them to honestly debut (the longest of any generation) and how they transformed (I can remember a Reina that wasn't good at dancing, and no one cuts Sayu any slack from where she /originally/ was). Tsunku will hold LinLin and JunJun back until he feels they can be ready on stage.

Finally, for Mitsui worries:

Look, she can sing. She can sing very well. Tsunku has never held back a consistent singer from lines. You may say Niigaki -- Niigaki used to go flat in concerts when she sang for too long or when she tried to belt. You may say Kamei -- I say that someone has a majority of Nacchi's old lines and got moved to someone. You may say Hitomi -- again used to go flat when she sang for too long.

He puts his strongest singers forward. Takahashi. Fujimoto. Tanaka. Now Kamei (who can and will belt without losing anything and can harmonize without assistance) and Niigaki are very, very strong singers with very good ears. They rarely if ever fall off pitch, they rarely if ever suffer from their voices being tired in concert, and they can keep up their motion in dances without going flat or sharp. Mitsui falls onto this proud list -- she's a good singer. She's not going to vanish music wise.

Further, she's OUTGOING so she's not going to vanish on Hello Morning. Part of the problem with vanishing is the "politeness" of the girls as of late. Waiting for your turn to speak, not interrupting and never saying what you really, really feel is something that causes the camera to sliiiide way. So long as Aika keeps up her big personality, she won't vanish. The moment she fades into "I'm cute and energetic, just like... everyone... else..." and starts smiling politely instead of getting in there... she's lost. Simple as that.

And a last note: Morning Musume wrote songs for when there were 15 members, many times with each member having a line. We now have 11. I... somehow think that Aika will end up with lots of concert time. Call it a hunch.

#665 BexXz

BexXz

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

Tsunku will hold LinLin and JunJun back until he feels they can be ready on stage.

from the Some Boys! Blog : The girls will debut at Yossi’s grad (May 6th) at the Saitama Super Arena.
just thought i share that :good:

#666 reyfer

reyfer

Forever grateful for having Sayumi and Morning Musume in my life

• Senpai
  • 3708 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Tsunku will hold LinLin and JunJun back until he feels they can be ready on stage.

from the Some Boys! Blog : The girls will debut at Yossi’s grad (May 6th) at the Saitama Super Arena.
just thought i share that :good:

In MM's world, debut can mean "introduction". Koharu's "debut" was on Rika's grad, but her first real concert was the "Koharuchan Irasshai" tour months later.
Posted Image

#667 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

Bringing up Mitsui:

She. Looked. ECSTATIC.

"I get fellow members! Friends! Friends! Friends!" Dude, she was bouncing in to meet them.

Thank jesus. I thought I was the only one to notice this. It was definitely one of THEE most important things that Aika would like, or at least have no problem with her two new generation-mates. And she was practically bouncing off the walls. It's clear that she has no problem whatsoever sharing 8th gen spotlight with these two girls. And if Aika is happy, I'm hapy. :good:

May seems like such along time away........I want to see more of the two girls O_0

I only go - UP! UP!

#668 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

If Tsunku really need money from China,why he doesn't plant a factory, produce something and sell it .Don't sell MM this way. Someone call 'Dark Age' ...I like this word with a terrible feeling #!$%#!!+^*&#

Maybe because he doesn't want to relocate Morning Musume or replace them with all Chinese girls? Maybe because he wants a solid fanbase in China and other Asian countries like what Goto Maki and Aya have? Maybe because he mentioned last year that the theme for MM's tenth anniversary was ASIA and the new girls are "key parts in the operation?"
If you really think about it, there's only one possible way MM or even H!P in general could have a worst year than last year which was truly the Dark Age--and if you know what I'm talking about you'll probably find some way to either accept it and move on or just give up Morning Musume in general. And most of the people with the same reaction you had probably won't stay away from Morning Musume long enough for their 33rd single to be released. I'm sorry if I come off as abrasive and rude but there have been ENOUGH negative comments about this move without logical reason. Especially since you waited to see them perform in concert or on television or in their first PVs or at least waited until the both of them learned a bit more Japanese. The best thing for anyone to do at this point would be to reserve judgement until the above listed things finally happen so nobody can hold it against you if it does turn out to be a complete failure (and I doubt it will). Nobody, maybe not even Tsunku, is too sure of what's going to happen from here on.
And I have extreme respect for Jun Jun after reading what she posted about all those negative comments on her blog. <3

#669 Silverglade

Silverglade

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

caption: Junjun and Linlin meet Hitomi Yoshizawa of Morning Musume for the first time.
"So from now on it's going to be a great effort, a great effort on your part. The concept will be smiling, energy, and fun. Please keep that in mind and do your best." -Tsunku

#670 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:40 AM

the decision is certained
i see long term goods and short terms bads from this decision
also i still believe this decision is the most effective decision for the purpose of marketing

from now on, i will show only support towards the two new girls, Chun and Lin <3

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#671 Xacur

Xacur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1244 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:18 AM

I'm really happy because after all, I see more people suporting them than atacking them (Ok i'm not in japan, but..). And I'm very surprised about the response in Li Chun's blog. Wow, I thought that it was going to be taken down... will she post any more?, jeje. would be cool.

#672 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:27 AM

I'm really happy because after all, I see more people suporting them than atacking them (Ok i'm not in japan, but..). And I'm very surprised about the response in Li Chun's blog. Wow, I thought that it was going to be taken down... will she post any more?, jeje. would be cool.

I'd love to see more of her on her blog, but if the posts do continue, its more than likely it will be either closely monitered by people within the project, perhaps even written by them.At least she'll have to okay every post with them. Its one of those things, they have to make sure she doesn't say anything that....doesn't agree with company policy I suppose would be the best way to put it.In fact that last post could've been manufactured for all we know. But I'm gonna be positive and say I honestly believe it was her. I think it was a genuine, classy, straight from the heart affair. <3

I only go - UP! UP!

#673 Tsutsuji

Tsutsuji

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:34 AM

I'd love to see more of her on her blog, but if the posts do continue, its more than likely it will be either closely monitered by people within the project, perhaps even written by them.At least she'll have to okay every post with them. Its one of those things, they have to make sure she doesn't say anything that....doesn't agree with company policy I suppose would be the best way to put it.In fact that last post could've been manufactured for all we know. But I'm gonna be positive and say I honestly believe it was her. I think it was a genuine, classy, straight from the heart affair. <3

Probably something along the lines of Maki's blog. A few updates once in a while, comments disabled, etc. If they allow her to have a blog at all that is.

#674 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:42 AM

just thoguht of it suddenly:

honestly i think there will be quite a number of Japanese fans that are going to leave MM music or even H!P music because of this decision
but it will be their own loss if they do

infact, they will be the immature ones and i will be glad for their leaving from H!P fan-group

and right now, i highly support Chun and Lin, i problaby wouldn't even mind too much if it's temperary or not...

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#675 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

Well, JunJun strikes back at the haters!!!!!
She wrote this message on her blog, about the hate messages she received:

I deleted all my posts, but I will not delete the comments and messages. I will take the good words as encouragement and motivation, and the bad ones as admonition and precaution. I don’t care what the others think, I think the only thing I can do is to study hard and do what I should do.

And I have to say something. You can insult me, denigrate me, depreciate me! But please don’t humiliate China!

(Translation by Reina from Jpopmusic)

Whoa.
Classy.
(NO sarcasm meant. )

That IS incrediably classy, and I have to say, I admire her for it.

As for the whole thing in general, I've been out of the country for the past two weeks so this came as a bit of a surprise. However, the decision doesn't really phase me much. I think it's nice to have some more older girls in MM, and I think they'll come out and prove themselves just as every other member eventually has. I don't really think that just because they are Chinese means that there's a horrible problem inherent in the decision. So...

Anyway, they're both totally adorable. I haven't heard either of their singing yet, but I'm willing to bet it'll be just fine. We just have to wait and see. <3

#676 Kantana

Kantana

Wonky worshipping wota

• Senpai
  • 1140 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

Bringing up Mitsui:

She. Looked. ECSTATIC.

"I get fellow members! Friends! Friends! Friends!" Dude, she was bouncing in to meet them.

Thank jesus. I thought I was the only one to notice this. It was definitely one of THEE most important things that Aika would like, or at least have no problem with her two new generation-mates. And she was practically bouncing off the walls. It's clear that she has no problem whatsoever sharing 8th gen spotlight with these two girls. And if Aika is happy, I'm hapy. ^_^

May seems like such along time away........I want to see more of the two girls O_0

People have been talking about this as it was supposed to be a problem, but it obviously won't. ^_^ Mitsui's getting new 8th gen friends! :)
All the members seemed very excited and positive about it all, so I don't think there will be any problems within the group with the addition of Junjun and Linlin.
Can't wait for next week! :whistle:

just thoguht of it suddenly:

honestly i think there will be quite a number of Japanese fans that are going to leave MM music or even H!P music because of this decision
but it will be their own loss if they do

infact, they will be the immature ones and i will be glad for their leaving from H!P fan-group

and right now, i highly support Chun and Lin, i problaby wouldn't even mind too much if it's temperary or not...

I support them too. When you think about it, this can't really ruin MoMusu as is. The music will probably be much the same as now, and I think, as I said above, the current members seem quite okay with the whole thing. In the end, I guess it's only a matter of taste. As far as changes goes, I don't think they will be too drastic for MoMusu to become totally different. So, as you said, sanrio, it's the quitters' loss.

#677 Silverglade

Silverglade

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

Pictures! :whistle:

I made 25 pictures so I will use links for most and put a couple inserted here. I will post this in a few places online so if you see it again, sorry. ;p

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

^_^
"So from now on it's going to be a great effort, a great effort on your part. The concept will be smiling, energy, and fun. Please keep that in mind and do your best." -Tsunku

#678 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:11 AM

WOAH~!
The difference in height was REALLY surprising....

#679 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:35 AM

Well after all, Jun's the same height as Iida, while Linlin's just three cm off from being eligible for MiniMoni. :lol:

#680 pigmin0239

pigmin0239

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

Thanks Silverglade! :wub: <3 But why not use thumbnail?<-------This is not a complain! :lol:
nothing lasts forever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users