• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

Great overview, Novaforever. You may not know this, but even I, your humble HPS leader Kuno, was at Acen this weekend to see Halcali. I saw both concerts and they were just awesome beyond words. I've been a big Halcali fan since Bacon (anyone remember my Roman MDB remix featuring Halcali?), so hearing they were coming to Chicago was just too awesome. Let me just say that I hate Anime Central though. I had to wait in line for 7 hours on Friday (yes, seven), so I totally missed the Halcali panel discussion XD :w00t:

Anyway, I convinced the ever-gracious B.Slade to do a little translation of Halcali's blog for me, and I've decided to share it here:

figh5★ (Yukari)

Our two days of concerts in Chicago are over and everything went well ^^ There were a lot of cute cosplayers and party people there. We overcame the obstacle of language with 'our own style of nuances'. Chicago was the best!

Posted Image

My favourite costume this time was from this stylist Candy stripper! How do I look?

Posted Image

Once we get back to Japan, we'll look through the photos again and post some more. I just got a cell phone that I can use even in America, and I'm able to update the blog. Thanks for seeing us.

By the way, for breakfast we had... as you'd expect in the USA, waffles! It's the source of our energy!

Posted Image

---------------------

I'm home!! (Yukari)

I made it back safely ^^ Our trip to Chicago was over in no time, but we met lots of great people. Thank you to everyone who came to see us! Thank you! Here's a photo of us with the spectacular band Peelander-Z who were there from New York to perform with us.

Posted Image

Seeing their live performance with my own eyes was so fantastic ^^ Unfortunately one of my cameras broke while we were there and I can't see a lot of the photos or post them. So I'm trusting my partner Halca for that. It's up to her. Anyway, here are some cell phone photos of Halcali having fun in the Chicago scenery. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image
In Millenium Park.

Then on June 1, we're going back to the States in New York! We're having a concert in Central Park ^^ Yabai (wow)! (lol) We said that a lot in Chicago.

---------------------

CENTRAL!! (Haruka)

On May 16 and 17 we came to Chicago for live concerts!

Posted Image

When everyone started singing with us... That was a shock. Wow! Thank you guys...

Posted Image

When we heard the encore call and got up on stage to see this... I was lost for words. I was so happy.

Posted Image

Thank you so much.

I'm so happy that people could hear Halcali in such a far-off country. Even now, it's hard to believe that that concert really happened.

And when so many people came to the autograph session... and with all their happy messages for us. It makes me want to keep on having fun making music.

Yeah, I love Chicago!

Or something like that.

Then at night, we all went out for a meal.

Posted Image

Everything I ate was so good. But the sizes were really impressive, as you'd expect ^^

Anyway, I'll upload more about Chicago later.

#22 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

OK, now I'm really jealuos of you, Novaforever. (Or should I call you Arisu? XD ) I really enjoyed reading your post and is so happy for you. And a new song! Hope that becomes a new single.

And lucky you too btw, Kuno. :D

#23 wrongun

wrongun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

That was a great weekend! I flew in from Vancouver to see my friend and fellow Halcali fan, to visit Chicago, then spend the weekend at Acen. I did meet Novaforever in person in the line-ups for the autograph session. That was cool. Man, was she on a roll! She got tons of signage and photos with Halcali. I got some nifty mementos myself. I had a Cubs cap and got Yucali to wear it in a photo. :lol:

I feel for you Kuno, that registration lineup at Acen was horrible. I waited only 6 hours though, but I still missed the panel. Actually I probably would've had time to catch the last half hour, but the location is so secluded and I got lost. But I did see both concerts and you'll find me in one of Halcali's blog photos.

You see the dude with a hat and double peace signs in the front row? That's my friend. I'm standing behind his right shoulder. :P
Posted Image

#24 Novaforever

Novaforever

Tsuji: Dumb as a rock, but still my #1 girl

• Senpai
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hahah I figured you went Kuno! I saw some posts on the day by day blog that lead me to believe you were there too. Plus I remember having conversations with you in the past about HALCALI (and i totally have your remix).

Thanks for the blog translations! I could roughly understand them on my own, but a real translation is always so much better!

On that crowd shot I was totally on the left of that girl in the gray shirt, so i'm totally cut off. But I can see my brown hat in the other shot of the audience from an angle.

By the bye, does anyone know if you have to get tickets for the NYC gig? I couldn't see anything on the official site about it.
Posted ImagePosted Image
New avatar/siggy by AnK! *hugglez* Gam is bomb + Obligatory Tsuji

#25 KaPouk

KaPouk

After "WHAT" I run ? Can you tell me...

• Senpai
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

I took these pics of Halcali, when they had come make a concert in France during the Japan EXpo of the last year. ;)
Sorry of the quality of these pics. I had set them with my cellphone ^^;
Attached File  DdicaceHalcali.jpg   28.41K   17 downloadsAttached File  SP_A1119.jpg   24.67K   17 downloadsAttached File  SP_A1127.jpg   22.69K   18 downloads
Attached File  Yukari____.jpg   22.6K   18 downloadsAttached File  Yukari_____.jpg   27.91K   22 downloadsAttached File  800px_Halcali_20070706_Japan_Expo_3.jpg   75.21K   21 downloads

"I'm never gonna say goodbye....when you taste it....you gonna be addicted =] "

Posted Image

#26 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

I can't even express the amount of jealus I have for you Novaforever. You're soooooo lucky!!!
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#27 Novaforever

Novaforever

Tsuji: Dumb as a rock, but still my #1 girl

• Senpai
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Well I went to the HALCALI live in Central Park as well! So here is another ridiculously long and detailed write up of that concert as well. Pictures are throughout and there is a link in there for my flickr file with all my in-concert pics.

So I ended up traveling about 16 hours on a bus to get to the festival in Central Park where HALCALI would be performing. The set up for the Japan Day Festival was actually really fun. They had tons of booths and everything was 100% free. I wandered around exploring the booths and getting free tea in all the flavors of the rainbow while waiting for my friend to show up at the festival. By this time it was the end of the first set of demonstrations on the stage and they said that they were going to do some video documentaries for the break in between sets. The host, who was some Japanese reporter on CNN, said that during the videos there would be a clip on the term “kawaii” and that it would be followed by a music video by guest HALCALI that truly summed up the term. I walked down to the stage where the screens were showing the videos so that I could get a picture of the HALCALI stuff when it came up. The videos were well put together, concise and actually really interesting. So after the video on Kawaii they started playing HALCALI’s LOOK PV. Um cause that’s the cutest PV they’ve always done? Well regardless of their choice I got out my camera to get a picture of it… and it dies. Not batteries dead, but just out and out broken. Great. Thanks world. I’ve been taking pictures all morning and you choice the one time I actually really wanted to take a picture to break my camera. I was a little disappointed but figured that my friend would be bringing her digital camera. So I watched the rest of LOOK and walked over to one of the entrances to East Meadows to wait for her.

It was while I was opportunely waiting by the entrance for my friend that HALCALI decided to show up for Japan Day. I had promised myself that I wouldn’t be disappointed if they didn’t remember me. I mean, I’m sure I was just one in many crazy fans they have met over the years. So I just waited around nonchalantly not making any motions to wave to them first. Then their manager/translator saw me and nudged Halca on her arm and she turned and saw me. Instantly both Halca and Yucali started bouncing up and down waving excitedly at me yelling “Arisu! Arisu!” They totally remembered me! Yucali walked up to me and said, “Long time no see!” excitedly before they both waved goodbye and hurried off to wherever they needed to go. I was still floating on cloud 9 when I heard another “oh Arisu” from behind me and turned to see the remaining managers and DJKiMJUN, who had been the one who said my name. They waved to me as well before going about their business. This moment alone instantly made the 16 hour bus ride worth it.

My friend eventually showed up and we went to buy me a disposable camera, but I went all the way and bought the nicest digital throwaway ever. After that we started heading to the shady tree area to spread out our blanket and happened to be walking past the information booth. HALCALI was inside with their managers eating and talking in the back of the tent. I waved to them and they happily waved back with the usual shouts of “Arisu!” I stopped and talked to their manager for a bit. I asked if they would be doing any Q&As or autographs and he let me know that they weren’t. I replied that I was okay that they weren’t because I definitely had enough autographs now. He laughed and said that I had plenty. I didn’t want to be a bother, so I went on my way with my friend and we put out our blanket and watched some of the events.

We ended up chilling until about an hour before the fourth set when HALCALI would be performing. I wanted to head up to the stage early so that I could be front row center again. Turned out a lot of people had headed up to the stage early as well. But it was obvious they weren’t there for HALCALI. Everyone seemed to be there for Shota Shimizu who was the last guest in the set. I kinda assumed he was gonna be more popular than them due to his heartthrob of Japan status. I still managed to essentially be front row center due to the Japanese girl in front of me being about 2 heads shorter than me and I could easily see over her.

Some of the other acts were kinda lame, so it was a bit of a long wait until HALCALI took the stage. But when they finally did, boy was it awesome. There were about 10 happy HALCALI fans in the audience freaking out, but everyone else was rather stoic. I think that might partially have been due to the fact that most of the people at the festival were Japanese and were behaving more like a Japanese audience than an American one. DJKiMJUN came out and started mixing up and entrance with the introduction track to Ongaku again. I’ll never get tired of that mix; I want it as a ring tone or something. So then out jumps HALCALI onto the stage. It was a good show. They had more energy than the previous acts and tried really hard to work up the audience. DJKiMJUN kept looking and encouraging me to jump around and work people up. I started bopping my arms in the air and he smiled at me. Sweet.

Set list was Twinkle Star, Tip Taps Tip, Sister Ship, Giri Giri Surf Rider, and Halcali no Michi. Incredibly short set list, but fun nonetheless. It was really hot by this point and I think Yucali might actually have been overheating in the bright sun. She looked pretty tired out by the end of Giri Giri and actually stumbled over a part. Didn’t matter and I don’t think anyone really noticed. Halca was much more energetic in NYC than she was in Chicago. I don’t know if the reception was as good overall though, due to Japanese reservations plus the growing fangirl crowds for Shota. I hope it was enough that Sony considers bringing them back to the US again though!

Concert pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pictures are up on flickr at: http://www.flickr.co...57605433839637/

At the end of their set they had the translators come out and ask them a few questions with the CNN hostess (who obviously knew nothing about HALCALI and I think she kept forgetting their name). Regardless there were some standard questions plus Yucali mentioned that they just finished a European single. This peaked my interest a bit. It’s good hearing something more definite on this overseas release. If there are Parisian fans reading this, keep me in the loop when it comes out! After the light interview HALCALI headed off stage and few excited fans were calling out to them. Always nice to see other people happy to see them!

It was about then that a wave of overexcited Shota fangirls slammed into my back in an effort to get my front-center spot. I wanted to hear Shota sing too, but I didn’t have to be a part of this crazy mob to hear him. My friend wanted to stay close to get a picture of him for her Japanese friend and I excused myself to the back of the audience to listen in peace. The second I left my spot at least two-dozen teenage Japanese girls rushed in to steal my old space. Wow. I felt pretty good about my decision to move to the back, plus I could feel a nice breeze and it was cooling.

I was chilling at the back listening to Shota when I felt a giant slap on my back. I figured it was my friend after she had wandered out of the audience as well. Instead I turned to find DJKiMJUN smiling at me. I said hi and we talked for a bit and one of HALCALI’s managers came over as well when he saw us. He asked where I was from, how I got to the city, how long it took etc etc. I told him that it had been a terrible 16 hour-long bus ride. Both DJKiMJUN and the manager were kinda blown away by that, but I said that it was worth it. The manager said that I truly was HALCALI’s number one American fan. I asked DJKiMJUN to take a picture with me and he enthusiastically agreed and got one on what might have been his, or the manager’s, camera as well.

He motioned that I was the number one fan in the picture.
Posted Image

We kept to the back of the audience and generally talked for a bit while Shota finished up. At the end of that they brought out all the performers of the fourth set again. I instantly felt a little sad that I wasn’t still up front cause it would be really hard to get a good picture of them on stage from the distance I was at now. HALCALI waved to the group of girl fans that had yelled at them before happily. Then I could see Halca look around and then she looked at me and started jumping up and down and waving super excitedly to me. I laughed and started doing the same back. Their manager leaned over to me and said that the girls definitely found me and noticed me back here. Yeah! HALCALI looked for me in the audience!

At this point all the entertainers, DJKiMJUN, and their managers started heading to the back of the stage. I waiting until I found my friend again and sort of poked around to the back of the stage to see where everyone had been going. It turned out that they had set up a corral of sorts that all the entertainers were in doing interviews with different Japanese TV stations. Television expose for HALCALI, always a good thing! I was hanging around the corral for a while, unfortunately right in the midst of a group of Shota fangirls, and I ended up meeting another HALCALI fan. We chatted for a bit and he mentioned that he went to the autograph and interview at Kinokuniya on Friday and talked to HALCALI. He let me know that he asked to be their number one New York City fan. Apparently they told him that it was okay if he was their NYC fan, but Arisu was the number one American fan. HALCALI tells people that!? *dies of happiness* Another extremely awesome moment for me on this trip. We went our separate ways and I continued waiting around the corral with hopes that I could wave goodbye to HALCALI, especially since this could possibly be the last time I see them in person. I could see them look over at me occasionally during the interview so I figured that they knew I was waiting on the sidelines and I would at least get an excited “Arisu!” with my goodbye wave.

I continued chilling and chatting with my friend for a while when I felt someone literally JUMP to me side. It sort of freaked me out so I turned to see what it was…

And there was Yucali grinning at me.

She yelled my name as I was in a state of total shock and then I felt another jump to my other side and Halca had joined her, also with an excited “Arisu!” Holy crap HALCALI appeared out of nowhere to purposely surprise me!!!!

They immediately started thanking me profusely for coming to see them in NYC. They said they had heard about me taking the bus and asked if I was going back tonight on a bus too. Apparently the manager I had been talking to had shared the story of my trip up here with the girls! I said that I had to take the bus tonight. They continued thanking me for coming. Then they noticed that I still had my camera, which I had absent-mindedly forgotten to put back in my bag. They were like “Oh Arisu, do you want a picture?” I said yeah sure I would. A girl darted in between me and HALCALI and shoved her camera in my hands and asked for a picture. I was kinda too bewildered to do anything besides do what she asked. I don’t think HALCALI was too excited about the interruption though. After that they demanded a picture with me and I moved to stand next to them for the photo op. Next thing I knew, Halca was hugging me from my left and Yucali was hugging me on my right for a perfect picture moment.

But of course my digital disposable kinda cut it off a bit. Oh well.
Posted Image

After that picture a bunch of other fans sort of rushed up with their cameras and said that they wanted pictures too. HALCALI turned to them and said that they actually weren’t doing pictures today. …oh snap. HALCALI came over to take a picture with me and only me (and random lucky girl who happened to jump in). Pure joy! They then turned to face me again and just started talking to me about all sorts of things. They asked if I was going to Paris and I let them know that I wanted to go, but I didn’t have the money for it. They seemed really disappointed that I didn’t have the money for it. So I asked them if they were going to come back to the US again. They said that they really really wanted to and hoped they could. I let them know that if they ever came back to the US I would be there. We keep talking for a bit. At one point a guy walks up and says something like “Hey HALCALI, you two are some BA mother-fuckers!” I tried to stifle a giggle at that, but Halca obviously didn’t understand what he had said and gave me a confused look and repeated ‘motha fuckaas?’ in the most adorably accented voice. Oh it was so cute! After we were done talking they thanked me again and ran off with waves to join their managers and leave the event.

Over all it was an excellent end to that trip and made the over 28 hours spent on a bus both ways well worth it.

HALCALI!! Don’t forget your American fans! Come back to us again you hear!?
Posted ImagePosted Image
New avatar/siggy by AnK! *hugglez* Gam is bomb + Obligatory Tsuji

#28 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:55 AM

Yeah that concert was awesome. I went to the Friday one. Luckily, I had my badge mailed to me before hand, so I skipped the line.

#29 Sprinklespana

Sprinklespana

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5236 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

I :lol: Halcali. You don't hear enough about them though.

AA1sGtp.jpg

set by Snipey: Tumblr

#30 wrongun

wrongun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

I <3 Halcali. You don't hear enough about them though.

We hope to change that. Nova, some other ppl, and I are in the middle of starting a fansite and forum for Halcali. The forum is accessible now, but the fansite is still under construction until mid to late July. It's a start, and we hope to spread Halcalism as far as possible. ^_^

#31 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

As third part of 'I just happened to find this I do not work for ANN at all' series I present you a link I found which has an interview with Halcali during their visit to the states. No sign of their number one fan in the US as far as I can see. though.

They're so cute in the interview.

#32 Sprinklespana

Sprinklespana

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5236 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Halcali is adorable. I really love Baby Blue and Togenkyo.

AA1sGtp.jpg

#33 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

A new HALCALI single called "Long Kiss Good Bye" will be released November 12th. http://www.cdjapan.c...l?KEY=ESCL-3132

It will also be the new outro for the Naruto anime.

#34 Sprinklespana

Sprinklespana

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5236 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

^ Ohh, thats really cool. Thanks for sharing. <3

AA1sGtp.jpg

#35 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

Halcali killed on the 2008 Girl Pop Factory even though their 'angry banana striped' outfits were kind of a letdown.

Video of their new single from aforementioned show.

I wonder if they'll leave the intro in as a disclaimer even though everyone thinks Naruto is totally gay for Sasuke already.

Yucali fans rejoice in how awesome she looks in the video. Apologies to Halca fans as I don't pay as much attention to her probably since she's not on TV every week singing in the Domoto Kyodai band with Fukada Kyoko like Yucali is.

Added bonus for their DJ actually doing some scratching during their set unlike the DJ for Aoyama Thelma who seemed to just be there to lead the crowd in hand claps and arm waving. It's like seeing someone holding an instrument on stage and never playing it and seems like a waste if the DJ doesn't do anything. He might as well stay home.

#36 Kain Slaughter

Kain Slaughter

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

I love HALCALI!!
I've found their Strawberry Chips song by casuality and that made me find more songs from them!
Uhh, those live pics...makes me jealous D: I hope they return to America soon!
I'm currently addicted to their new song...it's catchy but it has an amount of feeling on it, pretty nice. It makes me want more of these girls in a future ^^

#37 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

Any thoughts or comments on their latest single "Re: Yasashii Kimochi" which is 'a response' to Chara's hit "Yasashii Kimochi" from 1997?

Even with the recent trend of newer artists covering 'classic' or at least songs that were popular 10-30+ years ago at least they're trying to add different elements to the song and not just doing a straight up cover, which in my opinion is a very good thing as I had problems getting in to Chara's version when I first heard it.

Thankfully they didn't copy the hairstyles from 1997 either unless you count Halca's Iida Kaori-ish look. Yucali's got some nice bleached tips going on also.

#38 moonwell

moonwell

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

I'm still jealous of people who got to see them..
Posted Image
Made by Molly <3 Thank you !
Visit my store!

#39 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

Any thoughts or comments on their latest single

Well, I can't judge because I didn't watch or listen to all of it, but I really don't like it, based on what I did hear.
I kind of miss the younger Halcali (the Halcali that was already gone when I became a fan lol)
My favourite album is the first one, I like the style of it, and I think It's gone now :)
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#40 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

Can't say that Re:Yasashii Kimochi is among my favourite Halcali songs, but I'm happy to see two new sigles released just a few months apart. I hope they keep that up.

I like the b-side Flash best of the songs from the last two singles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users