• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 reyfer

reyfer

Forever grateful for having Sayumi and Morning Musume in my life

• Senpai
  • 3708 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:58 AM

A small video that shows how to properly install Windows Vista http://www.spymac.com/details/?1808088
Posted Image

#2 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:25 AM

If he bought that.. CRAZY!!!!!!!! lol I would have still kept it even if it didn't work on my PC =P just wait till I get a new one that is compatible ahha... Still think he is one crazy angered customer.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#3 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

I take it windows vista isn't very good.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#4 keioss

keioss

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

most people i know working at MS dont like vista at all..
>>Awesome images killed to abide by forum rules<<

#5 uzumakie

uzumakie

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:50 PM

I take it windows vista isn't very good.

you could say that yes XP
~ tHe wOrLD is MinE ~

#6 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Most people don't need to upgrade to Vista stick with :D and get Stardock's Products and MAKE your PC :D look like Vista like me :D lol, heck I let my friend who has Vista compare the LOOK (Not features of course) of my PC to his and he said mine looks much better :D.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#7 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:00 PM

thanks SacredCultivator I guess i go with :D then i still using win 98 on pc and win 2000 on another :D
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#8 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

thanks SacredCultivator I guess i go with :D then i still using win 98 on pc and win 2000 on another :D

you still dont have :D?
Posted Image

#9 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

nope i mean win keep workiong why spend money to upgrade it :D i cheap plus i like windows 98 i hate change i guess i have to woindows :D now i been waiting for a year for this vista to upgrade and now i hear alot bad stuff about it :crying Makes me feel like a waste an year for nothing
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#10 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

For those that are thinking of switching to Vista.. think again lol unless you have already read teh features and want them (I know I don't) but if you just like the LOOK of vista there are many things you can do with :D to make it look alike or better...

Below are links to the things I use to give my computer a Vista Feel (All thanks to Stardock)

WindowBlinds:
Ecliz Deluxe 2

Logon:
Vista Ultimate Bush

BootSkin:
Windows Vista Memory

IconPackager:
MBAesthetics2

CursorXP:
UISTA

Of course there are many alternatives but I chose these as I think they are the best :D.

PS: I apologize if I went slightly adrift fromt he main subject at hand.

#11 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:24 PM

Not to me, but I don't really pay attention to that so I could be wrong =P

#12 greah

greah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1186 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Is it a memory hog? I've never used skins before.

nope. WB ~1mb, OD ~4mb

and thats all :]

for comparsion - vistas explorer ~50mb plus 15% cpu usage and about 30% cpu used for this fancy, useless aero style thingy

#13 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

田中れいなと夏焼雅が大好きです

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:57 PM

i tried Vista... and yeah it got some stupid Explorer memleak, or it isn't really compatible with PC8000 ddr2

winxp is much faster on this machine >_<

~~ Tanaka Reina, Kusumi Koharu, Miyabi Natsuyaki ~~

Posted Image

#14 keioss

keioss

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:28 AM

found this while i was bored.. eventually i'll install it on one of my machines.. i think it looks a little cooler than vista~ reminds me of that movie 'hackers'

http://en.wikipedia....window_manager)
>>Awesome images killed to abide by forum rules<<

#15 rngoqmeqwe

rngoqmeqwe

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2507 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

LOL that was a neat vid I wonder how Windows fanboys would react to this (there is such thing anyway? XD)
Hmm maybe there are Vista fanboys, yeah, but anyway, that was really cool ::):

#16 raeith

raeith

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

Haha what a vid , yeah WinVista ..... I already experienced it for almost a month already . All application installed at once with the Vista . With hell lagness if i could say .... if you dont run in 512MB RAM as minimum , you feel the lag as i do . Though i dont experience as the guy on that vid but truly its better on Win :) SP2 .

What had in Vista just the Rainlander and other like SacredCultivator said and even more which I never use cuz just too many useless application . But fortunately I never buy it , just download it using a tracker on the net . Its compatible to me but really its never stable as previous Microsoft O/S .

:wink:

Posted Image

HUMAN DO CHANGE

#17 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

I got a free copy as part of my msdn subscription (which I also got for free, those nice people), but I have no plans for it. My curiosity isn't great enough to justify buying the upgrades or new PC needed to run it smoothly.

My main desktop runs Ubuntu. I have a lesser system running Windows Server 2003. I also had an old system running :), but I gave it away earlier today.

#18 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

Get a Mac

#19 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

He could have give it to me.... :c06:
After seeing that,I'll guess I'll stick with :lol: for a while...... :wink: Awesome vid btw. XD

#20 Zandar

Zandar

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

As I did when Windows ^_^ came out, I waited it out for a year so the craziest bugs and wrinkles were cleared out and I would be able to manage it without too much of a hassle. 'Let's just say I don't dive into the pool without first seeing lots of people swimming in it. :rolleyes
But the humor of the vid had it's touch :blink:
If it ain't Musume, I don't want it.
Posted Image
by courtesy of Lainay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users