• Please log in to reply
10781 replies to this topic

#4581 sville1999

sville1999

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

According to this, Ayaya will appear on TOKYO FM 「WONDERFUL WORLD 」 on 30 August. (Not sure what NEWS PEOPLE means though. Maybe that's one of the sections of the program?)

Thanks for the info about the album, Alienpyon!

So who is HATTORI, Ryoichi (服部良一)? Quoting from farsidemusic.com:

...Ryoichi Hattori (1907-1993), thought of as the originator of Japanese modern popular songs who laid the foundation for post-war enka. The word blues became known in Japan when in 1937 Ryoichi Hattori composed Wakare no Blues (Seperation Blues) for Noriko Awaya..., as well as Hamako Watanabe & Noboru Kirishima's "Soshu Yakyoku* (Suzhou Serenade)" (1940), Shizuko Kasagi's "Tokyo Boogie-Woogie" (1947), Hideko Takamine's "Ginza Kan Kan Musume (Ginza Street Girl)" (1949), Ichiro Fujiyama & Mitsue Nara's "Aoi Sanmyaku (Blue Mountain Range)" (1949) and many others.

The Jp Wikipedia page says "日本のポップス界隆盛の最大の功労者である," which means something like "the largest meritorious person of the pop boundary prosperity of Japan" according to Google Translate. And I was surprised to find a Time magazine article dated back to 1949 (Wow! -- Often times if you're looking for things dated before 1990, the librarian will just point you to the microfilm section) , which says "Ryoichi Hattori, 43, a jolly, wavey-haired fellow whom many Japanese jazz composers call sensei (teacher)." [That article was an interesting read. Or maybe it's an indication that I'm getting old...]

The album is a tribute to Ryoichi Hattori, to commemorate his 100th anniversary. (Source.) [IMHO, it to some extent can be seen as Ayaya's honor to have been selected to participate in this album.]

*Two clips of 蘇州夜曲 (Soshu Yakyoku) @ YouTube: one by Ueto Aya, and the other by 李香蘭 (Li Xianglan.)
“『AYA』=亜弥 『WAY』=道
松浦亜弥らしく、自分の道をまっすぐ突き進む・・・
という力強い想いを込めて、この名前にしました。”

#4582 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

^ Someone did his homework! Well done sville1999 !

Well, I did my homework too! I've got two of the songs you quoted above. Although it's a bit off topic, I'm posting them here, just to get an idea what Ryoichi Hattori was about and what Ayaya will be singing:

(1948) - Kasagi Shizuko - Tokyo Boogie Woogie.mp3

(1949) - Takamine Hideko - Ginza Kankan Musume.mp3 (highly recommended download!)

This is not "classic JPop", as CdJapan describes it to be but, truth be told, both songs are neat. Maybe this comp turns out to be better than I initially expected.
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#4583 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Nice work, guys. This sounds so odd that it's right for me to order it :blink:

Recent mag article:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
some advertising:
Posted Image

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#4584 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

and some officials:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Btw the upload of Ribbon no Kishi to the RS folders has begun (first 6 of 24 parts)

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#4585 atstrbcks

atstrbcks

亀井絵里 Loving you forever~

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the pics. :good:
She looks so amazing in the magazine article :wub:
Posted Image

#4586 Nights4Saturn

Nights4Saturn

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

Wow! cool news about the tribute album. I'm looking forward to hearing Aya on it!
And I agree with astrbcks, she does looking stunning in that magazine shoot!

(1949) - Takamine Hideko - Ginza Kankan Musume.mp3 (highly recommended download!)

Isn't that the song that Miki Fujimoto sang in the Happy Xmas Show medley with Aya and Gocchin?

#4587 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Wow! cool news about the tribute album. I'm looking forward to hearing Aya on it!
And I agree with astrbcks, she does looking stunning in that magazine shoot!

Isn't that the song that Miki Fujimoto sang in the Happy Xmas Show medley with Aya and Gocchin?

Good ears! Miki's version is just speeded up a bit for the current crowd of music listeners, but it's definitely the same song. These old songs are just so great!

Actually, could anyone tell me/upload whatever song Aya sang. Thanks!
May I love you forever?

#4588 mister.mori

mister.mori

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2500 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

some advertising:
Posted Image

you gotta be kidding me! after i leave Shibuya they decide to put up a H!P advertisement! when i was living in Tokyo, that place was seriously only a 15min. bus ride away!

oh well, at least the posters are nice! :)

Adventures in Japanmister.mori's newest blog entry:
Suspended Indefnitely

#4589 Nights4Saturn

Nights4Saturn

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

I think Marcello has that answer for ya: :(

http://rapidshare.co...Taiyou.mp3.html[/url]
Posted Image
Misora Hibari - Makka Na Taiyou

Although, it seems that the link has expired... :)

#4590 tern

tern

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

I think Marcello has that answer for ya: :(

http://rapidshare.co...Taiyou.mp3.html[/url]
Posted Image
Misora Hibari - Makka Na Taiyou

Although, it seems that the link has expired... :)

Well, you're in luck!

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7gtmw9l3xwo

Enjoy!
May I love you forever?

#4591 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Btw the upload of Ribbon no Kishi to the RS folders has begun (first 6 of 24 parts)

I really hope that's going to be uploaded on the tracker. Because I can only download 1 part per 3 hours. :wacko:

Nope.

#4592 atstrbcks

atstrbcks

亀井絵里 Loving you forever~

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Its been on the tracker :wacko:
Posted Image

#4593 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

Lol. Yep: http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=9107
Still enough seeds left :-))

Oh, and look: It's Nana Mouskouri :angry:
Oops, no, it's Aya !!!
Seriously though, she does look cute with glasses (though I still prefer her without them ).
This is Ayaya News (from News24). Might be just a one-off while promoting "Egao", but I wouldn't mind if they made it into a regular feature.
On the tracker and the RS folders

Ayaya3.jpg

#4594 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

Lol. Yep: http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=9107
Still enough seeds left :-))

Oh, and look: It's Nana Mouskouri :angry:
Oops, no, it's Aya !!!
Seriously though, she does look cute with glasses (though I still prefer her without them ).
This is Ayaya News (from News24). Might be just a one-off while promoting "Egao", but I wouldn't mind if they made it into a regular feature.
On the tracker and the RS folders

Wow Matt, you're right. She does look damn good with glasses.
Hmm....hey what's that over there? *points*

<poof> *ninja's the pics and puts them next to his Ami collection*

#4595 sville1999

sville1999

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:18 AM

Alienpyon: We're both good students then. :coool: But you're a better one, as your homework question is harder; I have no idea where to find those old old songs...

Quintaxos: RS tracks your IP address. I didn't try, but I guess one can use proxy to get around it; change proxies between downloads. Or use whatever that can hide your static IP address. (To Matt's response below: Yes, I agree, it's no good to abuse this. It might be fine to only use this trick occasionally when absolutely necessary.)

Matt: Those screen caps did somehow remind me of Nana Mouskouri! And I just realized Nana [click here for a picture] has a mole clearly visible on her left cheek as well! I agree with you that the chance this news thing becomes a regular appearance is slim.

Ayaya seems busy on TV and radio these couple weeks. Apart from the appearances listed on the official TV schedule, she may be on the following programs:
8/26 09:00~09:30 bayfm78 「森田健作 青春スピリット!」 (Morita Kensaku Seishun Spirit!) (radio) (On the tracker: link.)
8/30 17:00~20:00 TOKYO FM 「ワンダフルワールド」 (Wonderful World) (radio)
8/30 24:26~24:56 読売テレビ 「MusiG 音楽屋台」
9/1 13:35~14:35 フジテレビ系 「フジサンケイクラシック」 (FUJISANKEI CLASSIC) (Miki was there two years ago: short clip @ YouTube. On the tracker: link.)
There're several magazine type interviews as well. Matt posted one several posts earlier. Here is one on Oricon.
(So MUSIC FAIR21 is pre-recorded: two pictures from the episode to be aired on Sept. 1.)

Sukedachi will be released on DVD on the 5th of December (according to this page) and aired on Theater TV in November (according to this page.)

Tsunku's Best compilation set (Vol. 1) to be released on 26 September contains the following Ayaya songs: Love Namidairo, I Know, and Ki ga Tsukeba Anata, together with Thanks! (The entire track list can be found here.)

Rappa to Musume (ラッパと娘,) the song that Ayaya sings with HINO, Terumasa (日野皓正) on the Ryoichi Hattori tribute album could be this one (a version by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra on their Pioneers album.)

(This post was last edited at 9:06pm on Aug 26 2007.)
“『AYA』=亜弥 『WAY』=道
松浦亜弥らしく、自分の道をまっすぐ突き進む・・・
という力強い想いを込めて、この名前にしました。”

#4596 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

Alienpyon: We're both good students then. :omg: But you're a better one, as your homework question is harder; I have no idea where to find those old old songs...

Quintaxos: RS tracks your IP address. I didn't try, but I guess one can use proxy to get around it; change proxies between downloads. Or use whatever that can hide your static IP address.

Matt: Those screen caps did somehow remind me of Nana Mouskouri! And I just realized Nana [click here for a picture] has a mole on her left cheek as well!

Sukedachi will be released on DVD on the 5th of December (according to this page) and aired on Theater TV in November (according to this page.)

Correct about RS. And while there are even programs that change the proxies for you I am rather hesitant about them as I would hate to see sites like RS suffer (where else can you upload over 90GB :-) But then I have used stuff like that myself often enough on other occasions. :coool:

And lol, I didn't realize that about Nana :-)

And GREAT news about Sukedachi!!!

Not so great news about today's Meringue, as it's only a "best of", no new stuff whatsoever. I have upped it for completion's sake nevertheless.

The weekly review is done:
Redirect
Main Page
Week 34

And finally some official images:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ayaya3.jpg

#4597 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Just posted this in the Sayu thread but since it features Aya as well thought I'd post it here as well.. the Tensai! Let's Go Ayayamu single from the Hamtaro movie:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wtb966

#4598 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

Thanks usagi :-)

Delight turned into despair when the long-awaited completion of my emule download of the Captain Kouen Concert pamphlet turned out to be corrupt, resulting in a video that had hiccups and became out-of-sync. Downloading the torrent that marimari once uploaded it turns out that it's 93% complete, so 7% are worthless junk. Lol
If anyone still has it could you please reseed it? Thanks
Here are two caps from it (with W and MK):
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ayaya3.jpg

#4599 Quintaxos

Quintaxos

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

Its been on the tracker :w00t:

OMG, I'm so sorry! Lazy me didn't even bother to check lol^^

Nope.

#4600 Kreuz

Kreuz

YOMIKI 4ever!!! <3 <3 <3

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

I've been downloading the torrent of ribbon no kishi with aya but of 93% doesn't advance
It's in 2 116 000 kb and then it's in 2 114 000
Why is this?
Posted Image
¡Está de regreso! My Dearest...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users