• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5685 replies to this topic

#821 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

I agree with Piper_G. Morning Musume has always been this way. There have always been graduations.

i don't know about you, but me, and at least a handful of others became fans after yossy left. we've gotten so used to the way morning musume has been, and having such a sudden change is naturally a shock to most of us. especially 3-in-one.

#822 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

I'm pretty much surprised with the reaction of some people in here... blaming UFA or Tsunku for the graduations. The way I see it is that when the chips are down, changes must be made in order to improve the product. Whether it was health problems or visa issues, changes are way overdue in MM because it was becoming stale.

I'm not saying that it was their (the members) fault for the fall in popularity but something must change in MM otherwise people will no longer be interested in it; and I don't mean people here but those who UFA is targetting the product to (people who go to their concerts, fan club members, etc).

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#823 xhikarux

xhikarux

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

I honestly think that Tsunku isnt too sure in what he wants too. After junlin joined he probably felt it was a wrong choice, with many fans opposing them, thats why they are going. He also mentioned that he wanted a more 'mature' MM, but now he is interested in girls who are as young as 10, this is so contradicting to what was said. I guess he has changed his mind again and decided to change MM style to something younger. I know the group has always been unstable, but this is unstably dangerous, who knows who will be shot next. Anytime mate, whenever tsunku feels like it. Sucks! MM girls might be safer in berryz kobou instead.

I hope junlin will return to china to do dramas and tv shows.
1. Maimi - Goddess
2. Linlin - Princess of ballads
3. Junjun - Unpredictable character
4. Yuu - Beautiful & talented girl

#824 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

I'm pretty much surprised with the reaction of some people in here... blaming UFA or Tsunku for the graduations. The way I see it is that when the chips are down, changes must be made in order to improve the product. Whether it was health problems or visa issues, changes are way overdue in MM because it was becoming stale.

Except that changes in MM haven't improved the group since Kei's graduation.

#825 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

But MM's popularity then was pretty much the opposite of what it is today. For example, back then, they were still being invited to the Kohaku but now they haven't been invited to the last two editions.

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*

#826 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

@michikodesu, nice to see you too, and everyone else. ^_^

@Glasseyelashes, I was a fan before Yossy left, yet possibly the reason I feel this way is because I've never had one of my favorite girls leave. Well, Fujimoto left, but she didn't really become one of my favorites until after she left, for some reason. I'm staunchly a fan of the group first and the individual members second, but it's possible that if it was, heck, any one of the other five girls leaving, I would feel differently. And sure, it's a shock, especially to new fans, but you kind of have to accept that graduations are part of what Morning Musume is, and what makes it possible for them to have been around for so long.

There's no need for 'mourning', though, that was the point I was trying to make. It's okay to be sad, but these girls aren't going to drop off the face of the earth once they graduate, especially not Kamei. I think she'll definitely come back to the entertainment industry. It might be harder to hear from Jun or Lin since they'll be back in China, though, so I can understand the extra sadness in that, but all of this is no tragedy. Death and illness are tragedies. A few girls leaving an idol group is nothing in the big scheme of things, especially when said group is notorious for having sudden graduations.

...I could be cold and say that this is all about money, and they were just ridding themselves of the girls who didn't sell as much (Jun and Lin, I don't mean Kamei since she's leaving for health reasons), but wasn't Linlin starting to rise in the sales ranks? When I checked a few months ago, anyway, that's how it looked to be.

Just throwing this out there, and I don't know if someone else in the thread has said this already, but I have considered the idea that Linlin graduating is Junjun's fault. Didn't Junjun say something a few months ago that let us know how homesick she was? Jeez, I wish I had been paying attention to the forum a bit more lately and I'd be able to say exactly what it was... But that really made me feel sad for Junjun. If Jun wanted to leave, Lin would have to leave with her. Don't they live together still? Linlin would also be terribly lonely if Junjun went back by herself... That's probably just an over-scandalizing way to think about it, but I think it's entirely possible that Junjun was getting homesick and Tsunku decided it was time to send them both back home. Just some speculation, though, no one bite my head off please :D Haha.

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#827 xhikarux

xhikarux

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

But MM's popularity then was pretty much the opposite of what it is today. For example, back then, they were still being invited to the Kohaku but now they haven't been invited to the last two editions.

you really think audition will bring MM back to kohaku? Im afraid they will return to the show ever again.
1. Maimi - Goddess
2. Linlin - Princess of ballads
3. Junjun - Unpredictable character
4. Yuu - Beautiful & talented girl

#828 momusko8

momusko8

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

This is a shock with three members graduating. But this is the trend of Momusu. In Eri Kamei's case, I can empathize with her health condition. I also have eczema, and it's a pain in the butt. Your skin gets dry, cracks and bleeds. There are some discoloration. And it's itchy as hell. Working hard and sweating, and stressing flares up the condition. It's not something that just goes away. I've been suffering with it for over 7 years. So I can see how hard it is for Eri to try to keep it under control whilst meeting the demands of the entertainment industry. Best of luck to all of them.
Posted Image

#829 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

you really think audition will bring MM back to kohaku? Im afraid they will return to the show ever again.

Depends on who they add and what they do with however they add, if they pull another Yaguchi out of their hats who they put in almost every unit and every tv show then yes, if they pull another Aika out of their hats who was like added and then ignored then no.

#830 Garnet Jester

Garnet Jester

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

I'm actually kind of excited about the audition though, if he only picks one member again I think I'll cry in frustration though ^_^

@michikodesu: Yes, please go back to your journals and books, because you got it totally wrong. -Itis is a suffix that denotes inflamation. It has nothing to do with whether it's chronic or not or whether it's infectious or not. Acute otitis, orchitis, cervicitis, conjunctivitis and a WHOLE lot more of these conditions are usually a one time thing, hence, they are called ACUTE (less than a 2 weeks course).

Arthritis and dermatitis and a lot of other conditions can be chronic, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the name of the disease.

#831 Sarki

Sarki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

Some people have mentioned that want to give a try to the auditions. Once again, how few are the possibilities should be noted. But, since sending a form can't harm nobody, though I could help.

https://www.musume-a...me/_musume/form

Name 名前 [ Family name ] (性) [ First name ] (名)
Furigana フリガナ [ Family name, using katakana ] (セイ) [ First name, using katakana ] (メイ)
Postal code 郵便番号 [ Postal code ] (it is requiered that you use western numbers and use an appropiate hyphen) || Honestly, I don't know how international postal coding works.
Prefecture 都道府県名 [ Select the prefecture where you live ] || In case you don't live in Japan, you should opt for selecting the last one, その他, 'others'
City name 区市町村名 [ City where you live ] || Unless you live in New York or LA, do not assume they'll know your city. Mentioning which country is in would be a good idea too. And last, do not assume they'll know how to read it if it's not written in katakana.
Adress (including house number) 住所(番地)[ Postal adress where you live ]
Adress (condominium name) 住所 (マンション名等) [ In the event you live in a block of flats, name of the building ] || Note that this space is optional
Phone number 電話番号 [ Your phone number ] (it is requiered that you use western numbers and use an appropiate hyphen) || Make sure you add international dialing codes and everything needed
Mobile phone number 携帯電話 [ Your personal mobile phone number ] || Again, add international dialing codes
E-mail address メールアドレス [ Your e-mail address, and remember that even japanese mail adresses work with latin characters ]
Birthdate 生年月日 [ Select your birthday, yyyy/mm/dd ]
Parental agreement 親権者の承諾の有無(未成年の方は必須)|| Tick if you have an express consent from parents (mandatory for all underaged)
Height 身長 [ Enter height, in centimeters ]
Weight 体重 [ Enter weight, in kilograms ]
Three sizes スリーサイズ [ Enter, using centemeters, sizes for bust (B ), waist (W), and hips (H) ]
Grade at school 学年 [ Enter at which grade in school are you in ] || Remember that Japanese education system might not be exactly like the one in your country, so you should probably check for the equivalent year || Again, note that this is optional
Nationality 国籍 || [ Enter your nationality, in katakana (unless you're chinese or korean) ] || DO NOT enter your ethnicity, this asks for nationality.
Agencing Do you currently belong to or have any contract signed with a drama school, production, talent school or similars? [ Tick ある if you do, ない if you don't ]
If yes If you have chosen 'yes', please fill in the name (名称) and telephone number (電話番号) of the academy
Discovering How did you find out about this auditions? [ ポスター, for poster 新聞広告, for newspaper advertisement インターネット, for internet その他, for others ]
Hobbies and skills 趣味・特技 [ Enter any particular hobby and skill you have, using japanese ]
Artists you like 好きなタレント・歌手 [ Mention any talent/singer you particularly like ]
Self-PR [ Write a self-presentation, saying why you want to join and which activities do you want to do (singing, talenting, voice actress, etc) ]

Note that spaces with a red asterisk are mandatory.

------

Again, remember that your odds of entering are probably around 0.001%. But as I said, sending that won't do any harm.

PS: Junjun and Linlin did not have a student visa because you can only work very few hours with that one. Most likely they had a working one, which can obviously be extended.

Posted Image

Follow H!P members' official blogs: Niigaki | Michishige (English) | Tanaka (English,Kaito Reinya) | Mitsui (English) | Junjun | Linlin || (Let me know if there is any blog/translations missing here~~)
Follow H!P Official twitter acounts: Morning Musume | Mano Erina | S/mileage (Group, Ayaka, Yuuka, Kanon, Saki, Staff) | Tsunku

#832 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

It's okay to be sad, but these girls aren't going to drop off the face of the earth once they graduate, especially not Kamei.

Asuka did.

There's no need for 'mourning', though...I can understand the extra sadness in that, but all of this is no tragedy. Death and illness are tragedies. A few girls leaving an idol group is nothing in the big scheme of things,

The following says otherwise

*Yuuko during Asuka's grad
*MM during Gocchin's grad
*Takahashi during Kei's grad
*Tsuji during Nacchi's grad
*Risa during Konkon's & Yossie's grads
*6th gen during Koharu's grad

This is a shock with three members graduating. But this is the trend of Momusu.

3 leaving in one go is not the trend, its overstepping the line. Especially when only Asuka has a shorter tenure than 2 of them in MM's entire history.

#833 riobi

riobi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

Just throwing this out there, and I don't know if someone else in the thread has said this already, but I have considered the idea that Linlin graduating is Junjun's fault. Didn't Junjun say something a few months ago that let us know how homesick she was? Jeez, I wish I had been paying attention to the forum a bit more lately and I'd be able to say exactly what it was... But that really made me feel sad for Junjun. If Jun wanted to leave, Lin would have to leave with her. Don't they live together still? Linlin would also be terribly lonely if Junjun went back by herself... That's probably just an over-scandalizing way to think about it, but I think it's entirely possible that Junjun was getting homesick and Tsunku decided it was time to send them both back home. Just some speculation, though, no one bite my head off please :GGRR: Haha.

Nah, they don't live together anymore. They did for a time, when JunJun arrived to Japan, but it didn't work out for them. And even if they remaind as friends, they are not that close. If Aichan graduate then maybe Lin could consider to graduate too.

Besides it wasn't their desicion. They just were notified in a meeting
Posted Image

#834 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

That's not what I said. What I said was that MM does not have the same popularity that it had around the time of Keichan's graduation and I just mentioned the Kohaku example because the artists who are invited to the Kohaku are the ones with high popularity in that year and it shows that the current MM is not as popular as MM once was and I'm sure there's a reason why.

Posted Image

#835 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

@kantutanTayo男爵, Asuka graduated a long time ago and wasn't around for the golden age. I'm pretty sure she's the only exception to what I said. Asuka herself said she wanted to get out of showbiz. She had no intention of coming back. Kamei has expressed intention. No other girl who expressed intention of coming back hasn't come back. So I don't think we really have anything to worry about.

And I don't get what you're trying to say with your second point. The girls cried? Yes... They were crying because they were sad... And? That's what happens at graduations. Did they not continue on as they had before as if nothing had ever happened after the graduations?

@riobi, ahh, I see. I was under the impression they were a lot closer than they actually were. Nevermind... :GGRR: Haha.

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#836 Bane

Bane

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

they can change the lineup all they want but unfortunately they are still being produced by the mediocre Tsunku and managed by retared UFA.

#837 Nozofan

Nozofan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 865 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

I don't know why so much people are being pessimist and negative. I mean, they haven't graduate yet. Let see what happen instead of just saying: "Graduation will kill the group ".
May be, it's not gonna rise their popularity, but may be it will. If UFA and Tsunku really decide to put effort in this. And I hope they will because I don't wanna see Morning Musume to disband or something like that. We don't know what they're planning. And I prefer to be positive about that. Yes, I'm really sad that Eri, Junjun & Linlin are leaving. Yes, because I love Linlin. I love Kamei. And I like Junjun. They'll be really missed in the group. But new face... Of course, there will always be people complaining about the new girls, like it was with Aika, Junjun & Linlin. But I'm sure everybody will come to like them =)

And I thought about that, I must have been hard on Eri when she was doing photobook. You know, to hide her skin problem. I'm sure she envy the others girls who have beautiful skin. It must have been so tough. I respect her so much. And i'm glad she's taking time to recover. I'm sure she'll come back stronger and even more beautiful than she is (If this is possible, she's already so beautiful :w00t: )

And yes, the girls don't die or disappear even if they graduate. My first real graduation (I wasn't enough a big fan of Morning Musume when konkon & Makoto graduates) was Yossie and she was in my top 3. I was really sad and I couldn't think of how the group would look like and everything. But the group is still there and I still see Yossie ! So, don't worry. i'm sure Eri, Linlin & Junjun will do fine. I especially want Junjun to be an actress, she would be amazing !

#838 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

I was going through the nine smile tour just to see people's reaction with koharu graduation and came across someone's post

^

"Jun-Jun and Lin-Lin to graduate at the end of the Spring 2010 tour to head back to China to focus on studies."

:w00t: I can see that.

too bad this turned out to be true. funny when people don't think their perdictions would actually come true.

#839 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

In regards to the 9th gen auditions... I've seen a lot of conflict in this thread about the minimum age being 10. Like I said in the comments of the News posting, don't forget that many of the best singers that have passed through Momusu have been the younger girls. Fukuda Asuka was like 12 at her first audition (and was far superior to anyone else in 1st gen), Goto Maki was 13 at the time of her induction, Tusji/Kago were 12, Gaki was 12, and Tanaka Reina was 11 when she made it to the final rounds of the 5th gen audition (before being disqualified due to being underaged). As for a huge age gap, if Tsunku finds some potential girls to fill in that age range, there shouldn't be a problem. I've been a fan of Momusu for about 10 years, and part of the appeal was that you got to grow with these girls and had older sister roles amongst the older members. There was something for everyone. Nakazawa Yuko was 24 when Morning Musume was formed, with Asuka being 13, Kaori and Nacchi being like 15/16, and Ishigura Aya being like 18/19 ... age shouldn't matter when talent and drive are major factors.

As for the talent requirement for the upcoming audition, Tsunku will definitely be looking for girls on par with Goto and 4th gen as far as singing and charisma go. With 5th gen's audition, he even said that Momusu was at a point where they would take girls who weren't as good, with the finalists passing at about 70%. Girls with natural talent who can work well with others and learn fast will be a shoe-in.

For those saying JJ and LL weren't given enough time: as much as I agree the reasons for their graduating are flimsy, they've had a pretty good run considering previous members.

Nakazawa ~ 3.5 years
Ishiguro ~ 2 years
Fukuda ~ 1.5 years
Ichii ~ 2 years
Goto ~ 3 years
Tsuji/Kago ~ 4 years
Konno/Ogawa ~ 4.5 years
Kusumi ~ 4 years

Regarding future leaders, I honestly DO think Sayumi and Aika would make good leaders. If you follow Sayu's blog, you'll know that she is an incredibly hard worker, despite her short comings when it comes to performance. She has a pretty big personality if you look past the narcissist character she puts out there, and appears to be friendly with all the current members. I've no doubt she'd make a good peace keeper and be good inspiration for new members, with her "Ganbatte!" attitude. As for Aika, sure, she's quiet and cute, but the fans love her because she is so sweet. If you've heard any recent mic recordings, you'll know she has also been working hard and improving her singing. She's very energetic and also gets along with everybody, and would do well dealing with the newer, younger members who'd be closer to her age. Aichan has really been the only Leader who has also had major vocal time, so equating Leader with Front Girl doesn't fly. Nakazawa, Iida/Kei, Yaguchi, and Yoshizawa usually served as backup/harmony in songs, with a few solo lines here and there (I discount Miki because her tenure was so damn short).

And I don't mean this to be harsh, but I am a little ashamed of you fellow fans who (every time a graduation rolls around) always groan about how Morning Musume won't have your support now that your favorite member is leaving. I've grown up with this group (being the same age as Yossie) and have formed connections/appreciation for each member. I want to see them continue to grow and do well, and I usually grow to like every song (even if, at first, I am like o.O). I also said this in the Comments for the News article, but it's like Koharu said at her graduation - Graduations have always been a part of Morning Musume, and allow new members to enter in and grow. If no one ever graduated, we might not have ended up with a 6th, 7th, or 8th gen. The best we can do is to support the girls in whatever lay on their future paths, ne? I was upset when Goto graduated, but I still follow her solo career. I was devastated when Tsuji/Kago left, but I was a huge supporter of W and now Kago's exploration into the American scene. Rika and Yossie have most definitely grown with Gatas and H&A. If entertainment is truly the profession these girls want, we WILL see them again.

I, for one, am excited to see how Morning Musume will continue to grow. I urge all of you who might be weary, to at least give however many 9th gen girls we get a chance... after all, not everyone loved LL and JJ right off the bat, but they grew on us as we got to know them. I love these girls and will continue to give my full support to each of them, no matter what.

#840 Piper G

Piper G

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

By the time the graduation ceremony rolls around Junjun and Linlin will have been members of Morning Musume longer than Nakazawa Yuko or Goto Maki, not just Fukuda Asuka.

Just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users