1168 replies to this topic

#1 Universus

Universus

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hi everyone!
We have seen a lot of people to want to know more about AKB48 and we create this thread to fulfill all those questions you have in your mind.
Example:
1) Who is this girl?
2) Where is this clip from?
etc...

More like the thread for new fans or people that just want to ask about a certain topic.
This will be not a discussion thread but a quick question/answer thread to help everyone.
Hope you enjoy this new era of AKB48 in our forum.
Enjoy it and may this thread be helpful for you!

#2 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

what is the difference between AKB48 - SKE48 - SDN48????
OO
it´s really confusing I think!

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#3 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

what is the difference between AKB48 - SKE48 - SDN48????
OO
it´s really confusing I think!

AKB48 is the original group who perform every night in Akihabara, Tokyo. They're the most popular and are like the flagship group. They have three teams: A, K and B.

SKE48 is a regional group who perform every weekend in Sakae, Nagoya. They've only released one single so far and it sold just as well as most of AKB48's singles. Matsui Jurina and Matsui Rena are pretty well known now from being pushed on AKBINGO and other TV shows in order to get people interested in the group. They have two teams: S and KII.

SDN48 is the group for old ladies. All of the members are aged over 20 and they have some former AKB48 members. Their performances and songs are more adult-oriented. They only have one team as far as I know, but I could be wrong here. I haven't really been following them myself and not a lot of their stuff has appeared online yet anyway.

Aki-P plans to expand his project even further than this, with crazy plans like Japan48 and even World48, so expect to be even more confused in the future.

#4 xyish

xyish

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

SDN48 is the group for old ladies. All of the members are aged over 20 and they have some former AKB48 members. Their performances and songs are more adult-oriented. They only have one team as far as I know, but I could be wrong here. I haven't really been following them myself and not a lot of their stuff has appeared online yet anyway.

One team now, but they're getting entries for the new auditions. Deadline is 24th if I remembered correctly.
Posted Image

#5 lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

Okay, I'm a total AKB48 n00b, but I just have to ask because I don't get it, what exactly is a 'stage'? Is it just like... an album? Ah but there are... DVDs as well? :P

10rquf9.jpg

#6 xyish

xyish

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Okay, I'm a total AKB48 n00b, but I just have to ask because I don't get it, what exactly is a 'stage'? Is it just like... an album? Ah but there are... DVDs as well? :blink

AKB and its sister groups are largely theatre-based (they also have TV shows and such but that is not the core of the operation). They perform shows regularly at the theatres (thus the "idols you can meet"), and these shows are known as "stages". Each stage has it's own set list, and while every show is somewhat different, the songs remain the same until a new stage begins. Each team has its own stages, and they can be found here. Albums are studio recording of the stage songs, and there are stage DVDs that are recorded during stage performances. Recorded stage performances are also sold through DMM's LIVE!! ON DEMAND service for fans who are unable to attend stage shows, but this requires a Japanese credit card and IP (proxy). Some of these can be found on the tracker.
Posted Image

#7 lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

AKB and its sister groups are largely theatre-based (they also have TV shows and such but that is not the core of the operation). They perform shows regularly at the theatres (thus the "idols you can meet"), and these shows are known as "stages". Each stage has it's own set list, and while every show is somewhat different, the songs remain the same until a new stage begins. Each team has its own stages, and they can be found here. Albums are studio recording of the stage songs, and there are stage DVDs that are recorded during stage performances. Recorded stage performances are also sold through DMM's LIVE!! ON DEMAND service for fans who are unable to attend stage shows, but this requires a Japanese credit card and IP (proxy). Some of these can be found on the tracker.

Ah... I think I get it... that's pretty cool!
So when you say theatre, does that mean it's like a musical, or is it more like a concert?

10rquf9.jpg

#8 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

Ah... I think I get it... that's pretty cool!
So when you say theatre, does that mean it's like a musical, or is it more like a concert?

It's more like a small-scale concert but it's not uncommon for them to have talks and comedy skits thrown in there too.

You should check out one of the LODs on the tracker to get an idea of what it's like.

#9 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

It's like watching a school talent show... but with, you know, professionals with talent XD

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#10 lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

Cool, thanks for the info XD I'll definitely check it out soon, it sounds pretty interesting!

10rquf9.jpg

#11 xyish

xyish

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

It's like watching a school talent show... but with, you know, professionals with talent XD

Now I know what I've been missing in my school life! XD
Posted Image

#12 Manabi

Manabi

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

Ive been trying to get into AKB48, but they are really confusing. Do they have any actual large concerts or is it only stages? How do the senbatsu members for a single get chosen? Well these are the few I can think of anyway. I really like how there is a question and answer place. Without this i would have no idea where to ask!

#13 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

They really aren't that confusing. :D I was turned off because I thought it would be confusing, but I learned pretty much everything basic in a couple months.

Anyways, they do have actual large concerts. They're kind of boring in my opinion, but to each their own. It's mainly like, the teams perform their standard team songs from their stages and then there's some stage units and then they perform like, songs from singles all together. More or less. Unless you're watching shuffle concerts (when they put girls into stage unit songs they weren't originally in), I'd recommend just watching stages. XD

As for the senbatsu question, I can't say for sure but the older singles were probably just popular girls chosen with randoms put in. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.) For Iiwake Maybe, fans got to vote for who would get into Senbatsu. It was pretty much based off of that for RIVER, too. Sakura no Shiori seemed to have a popular girl senbatsu, but I don't see the point in having chosen a senbatsu for it now. ^^;

I'm glad there's a Q&A thread! I know a lot of H!P fans don't know much about AKB but haven't really had a place to ask questions, so hopefully they'll be able to learn something! ^_^

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#14 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

Ive been trying to get into AKB48, but they are really confusing. Do they have any actual large concerts or is it only stages? How do the senbatsu members for a single get chosen? Well these are the few I can think of anyway. I really like how there is a question and answer place. Without this i would have no idea where to ask!

Hi Manabi,

Yes, they do have large concerts. The main focus of AKB48, SKE48 and SDN48 however is the stages. This is where their songs are done on more or less a daily basis. This is where everything happens, the core of Akimoto's units. When we then go over to the big concerts which they have, it goes from a small and intimate setting, to the vastly larger arenas - and comparing songs of the same Team from a stage vs. a large concert gives you two different results basically. Both enjoyable, but different. I think of the stages as a theatre-performance, an upclose "together with the girls" performance, whereas the larger concerts are big parties (if you can say something like that).

For example, compare Team K's "Korogaru ishi ni nare" from K4 stage, and performed in NHK Hall, JCB Hall etc. (watch THIS) and it's pretty obvious that it's two different things. One thing that hit me when I watched the big concerts with AKB48 at first, is that the energy is massive, and AKB48 wotas are loud as hell! All of which results in something highly enjoyable to me personally, as I love live concerts.

Another interesting point to consider when it comes to the larger concerts, is the following: A fan of H!P would normally be familiar with Tsunku's shuffle units, ie. the mixing up of different girls, who then sings songs together etc. But this isn't anything new - it's something Akimoto did waaay before Tsunku.

And with the larger concerts, we often get many shuffle performances, something which can be epic beyond comprehension at times. For example, a song from a Team B stage may be performed by Team K girls. Or a song which tends to be performed by the same girls over and over, all of a sudden gets some very unexpected girls to perform it. So, by being familiar with the stages, and then moving on to the larger concerts, all of this really adds up to the overall live experience.

In 2009, they performed at the Budokan, and there's been talks about Tokyo Dome - so large scale concerts is nothing new with Akimoto.

As for the senbatsu, really I think it's all up to Akimoto/AKS and pressure from agencies really. But with Iiwake Maybe, there was a voting process from fans, and position 1 to 21 (AKB48/main single track), and 22 to 30 (Undergirls/single c/w track) were elected based on this vote. There hasn't been a vote like this either before or after (so far).

#15 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

@Malachite: thanks for answering XD

------------

Sooo...I have another question:
there are official concert DVDs for a good price? Oo
Because I see only expensive DVD releases...they sell it only at the Theater shop and there I can´t buy and its expensive...
I want really watch a AKB48 concert!

1. I want buy it at Yesasia
2. which DVD is good?
3. not to expensive

anyone can help? the releases from AKB48 are really confusing me sometimes

a6dcmgR.png

#16 Guzol

Guzol

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

you can find Stage's and concerts on Amazon (but only the first cщncerts like Aitakatta, and the firs conc. from SKE)

Others like Budokan only from off. shop or by good people =)
Posted Image

#17 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

^
amazon.de?
I don´t think so...and if yes to expensive O_o

a6dcmgR.png