• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

Here's your chance to get involved in designing the 'official' Hello! Online / Morning Musume AX t-shirt!

Time is of the essence so it's important that people submit designs before 31st May, all you have to do is create your own t-shirt design that promotes Morning Musume/Hello! online/AX. The winner will be announced on the 1st of June which will be judged by an expert panel of judges.

What is the prize you ask? Well the winner will be given the choice of any photobook of their choosing from Yes Asia or CD Japan (of up to $50).

The winning t-shirt will also be printed and sold to anyone who orders one. Please note that this will be non profit so all the money paid will only go towards the production and P&P costs.

Remind! This is going to be a group one not individual.

Shirts order:
- Payments is going to be online through paypal.
- If you want your shirt shipped or brought at the convention.

Rules:

* The t-shirt colour will be dark green to represent Hello! Online. No, people will not think that we are all Risa fans, because her colour is lime green :unsure:

*No real group pictures as a design or using Hello! Project logo . The shirts are going to be silkscreened, and it is copyright by Up-Front.

If you have any questions, please pm chibilolli

Here is a sample just to get the ball rolling -

Posted Image
credit to chibilolli

This is the t-shirt style and colour we will be using. The colour name (if anyone needs to know) is Kelly Green

Posted Image

*The deadline for the design is May 31st PST at Los Angeles Timezone*

Edited by Matchin' Color Gurl, 01 June 2009 - 06:39 AM.

#2 えウィン

えウィン

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:33 AM

I've been so busy with school to take part in any of the threads and the planning that's been going on but I'm on break so I'll be doing as much as I can.

Anyway about the shirt designs, what about invisibleguy's designs?
I just skimmed the ax thread and noticed it was posted like "ages" ago....

Read full post here

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 PunkgambitPR

PunkgambitPR

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

Here is my firsts designs
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, don't now how to thumbnail it so i pulled from my facebook account.
Posted Image

#4 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

I've been so busy with school to take part in any of the threads and the planning that's been going on but I'm on break so I'll be doing as much as I can.

Anyway about the shirt designs, what about invisibleguy's designs?
I just skimmed the ax thread and noticed it was posted like "ages" ago....

Read full post here

I'm happy to see someone remembered my idea. It looks like H!O people want a generic one for all Musume though, so my design idea doesn't seem quite right unless I modify it, which I can.

But before I start throwing my ideas in (after a not so fun attempt at other things in other places) I'd like to scope out the general desired idea here.

1. Is it intended to be 1 design for everyone (as in not individual musume based)?
2. What is the color limit (since some sites charge per color on printing)
3. How prominent does the H!O marker have to be (small logo style or does it have to be large and integrated into the main front and/or back design)
4. Is the requirement the name H!O (or Hello!Online) or the web url?

Clarifications as they come I'll come visit the thread again to see the progress and if something comes to me then I'll take a shot.

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

#5 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

I wrote the first post so I apologise that it's 'missing' some relevent info. I'm just waiting for PlusQ to get back to me about costs for the shirts, but as today is a bank holiday, we can't find out until tomorrow.

As for the other qestions:

Payment will be done online via PayPal as all shirts will not be ordered until we have the money (unless I manage to get rich anytime soon)

You'll have the option of having your t-shirt shipped to you (at a cost), or brought to the con where you can collect it from us. You can make that choice when you order.

Yes, the t-shirt is just going to be a group one as opposed to individual members. We really don't have enough time to be messing around with orders on what could potentially be 10 different shirts.

I can't 100% confirm the colour limitations for the printing until PlusQ gets back to me. But at a guess I'd say we'd go for 3 colours max. If we like a design, but we'd have to change the colours slightly to make it more 'do-able', we'd let the designer know first.

The H!O part of the design can be as big or small as you want. If you want to use H!O or the full URL, you decide. It just needs to be on the shirt somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I get all the info, I'll get Matchin' Color Girl to update the first post.

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#6 Maiko Yamada

Maiko Yamada

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

no clue if we can have a picture but my other one is unwork right now. i will post it probably sometime this week.

Attached Files

#7 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:46 AM

I modified my original shirt design to limit it to 3 colors (dark gray, white, and goldish yellow) and changed up the wordng to match... this follows aewen's desire to see what my logo would look like. To be honest I already made a shirt for myself awhile back modifying this design, but if H!O wants it I don't mind mine just being special :ph34r:

Posted Image

If more colors are allowed I'd add some black in... to help readability on some text (like the outline for MM and the text that says "ONE FOR ALL" which I'm assuming is the H!O slogan.

Gonna work on a more unique design for you guys in a bit ^^

I also gotta say printing on white shirts is cheaper... and since it seems like everyone is aiming for white text I'm probably gonna try design at least one design to be on white (with green as one of major colors), just to see how it'll go.

EDIT:
Here's a bit of the samples of things I would do with white shirt still following the 3 color limit (green, light green, and black)
Posted Image

Top: Front or Back, simple banner style idea
Middle: Front or Back (more likely back) stylized
Bottom (2): Either used with either of the upper two, on the front near where a breast pocket would be, or if on the back at the top in the center about the same size... just kind of the idea...

Though knowing how a lot of people think,they probably don't want small logos anywhere preferring a big design...but I'm tapped out for today.

Edited by invisibleguy, 26 May 2009 - 08:12 AM.

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

#8 takahashi4ever

takahashi4ever

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

I've made three designs, I used shades of green, plus some black and white, for no exceed the limit of colors. x3

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   112.97K   49 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   128.64K   69 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   157.07K   88 downloads

Posted Image

#9 Aim_Aim

Aim_Aim

Nyappy

• Senpai
  • 836 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

I suck at photoshop, but here's my entry.

Posted Image

I hope it's ok that I used a couple shades of green. :c11:

Posted Image

Read my blogs? ☆Janakya MottainaiDaily Dose of Amy

#10 man man lo lo

man man lo lo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

i thought i would do some simple design, not so complicated, so that it's more eye catching and let other people know about hello!online
not sure how many design we can do, so i've got two, one's in white, the other one in colour and black bolded :c11:
(Click to enlarge)

1A
Posted Image

1B
Posted Image

may i ask a question please?
will the t-shirt cost more if there are lots of colours or lots of words?

#11 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

Hey guys!

With all the new designs coming in I think you'll have to standardize some things. This will make entries follow the proper style/requirements and help people understand the limits of shirt making <3

This first one is important since silk screen right now is the decided medium:
1. Are you guys going with a silk screening place or an iron-press/shirt printing place?
-This determines the limitation of colors (silk screen charges by the color while most other types don't). takahashi4ever's designs for example, would not be possible with silk screen as each "shade of green" is technically a new color and gradients (the transitioning from one green the next as well as the glow around some lettering) are near impossible silk screen style, but are perfectly normal to find on ironpress shirts (though for the glow around letters it would probably have a slightly off green outline to contain it in the press).

2. What are the dimensions of printing on the shirt?
-Some places only allow you to print a design on the upper half or 2/3rds of the front &/or back. Also they sometimes will charge extra for the placement of any designs on the arms of the shirt (and usually this arm design will be across the arm from the side angle, not facing the same side as the front/back logo). Some places also charge more for both sides...
-There is also an issue where the printing won't go to the edge of the shirt, so I think everyone might need to take that into consideration, again it is dependent on where you plan to print.

I think the key is to set limits now and then if the limits are worse you can adjust for it later. Main thing right now I would say is to make ure your print type is set since that will really decide your color limit and a generic suggestion of where margns should go.

I like some of the designs I'm seeing...but I don't know how possible they are to make without finding an expensive place to do it XD. Most of them have issues with silk screen... and since that's what you guys decided.

bbDfxqh.jpg

#12 Quirky

Quirky

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

^
I would like to know these things too. ^_^

Edited by turbos86, 27 May 2009 - 03:43 AM.
No need to quote the entire post above yours.

Posted Image

AiriCaptainChisaDAWAHiracchiKAGOKanyonKOHAKonatsuLinLinMaasaManoeriMomoNakkiReinaSayumin

#13 Neko★munication

Neko★munication

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:47 AM

Two fairly simple designs I came up with for the heck of it... ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image
!Picture size must be less than 130x600!

#14 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

First up -

If you have any questions, please pm chibilolli

I've already had the thread 'cleared up' once *sigh*

I can't 100% confirm the colour limitations for the printing until PlusQ gets back to me. But at a guess I'd say we'd go for 3 colours max. If we like a design, but we'd have to change the colours slightly to make it more 'do-able', we'd let the designer know first.

Add to that bit - if we need to change / move the design slightly, we'll do that aswell.

Can't people just design a shirt and let us iron out any 'problems' with it???

Oh also...Matchin' Color Girl wrote that the winner will be picked by the 5th, but it should say the 1st. Like what was said in the first post - time is of the essence!!! :good:

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#15 plusQ

plusQ

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

I'm still working on some more but this it what I have so far.

Posted Image

I should blow up the front since the jpeg destroyed my hard work. I put all the lyrics to Breakin' Out in the word, breakin' out. But you can't see that! *Evil Jpeg!* *shakes fist*

Posted Image

I kept the old logo off to the side to show how it would be in a one color. Though I'd keep the newer anime expo font. It just looks better. :good: This is my all buisness in the front and party in the back t-shirt. >:good:

Posted Image
I worked really hard on inserting the lyrics so of course I was going to use the Breakin' Out image again! NOW WITH SPARKLES! What!? D:

PO9wYGJ.png?1

my deviant art||tumblr DAIFUKU PRINCESS

#16 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Love NekoMunications 2 designs and your second design plusQ!

I gotta admit though Neko's first design reminds m so much of the "the more you know" segments that NBC does I laughed literally out loud.

I'm happy to see more aggressive style than mine... variety is the spice of life... maybe I can come up with more before time runs out ^^

bbDfxqh.jpg

#17 Atarimae

Atarimae

キライスキダイキライ。

• Senpai
  • 2187 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

i guess its worth a try :wub:

umm i used a white shirt template. i hope thats okay becuz it can easily be edited to green, yeah?

SHIRT:

Attached File  MMAXshirt.JPG   16.06K   27 downloads

TEXT:

Attached File  mmshirttext.jpg   16.58K   10 downloads

Attached File  axtext.JPG   2.15K   5 downloads

Attached File  09text.JPG   5.47K   9 downloads

Attached File  HOtext.JPG   4.41K   7 downloads

#18 Neko★munication

Neko★munication

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

Ah, I re-did the first two to keep them within the colour limitations~

Posted Image Posted Image

And three more! :3 I'm glad the feedback regarding them seems to be positive ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jeez... Morning Musume could be turned into a clothing line at this rate! XD
!Picture size must be less than 130x600!

#19 Raiknii

Raiknii

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

Here's mine!

Uh, currently it has six colors, because I just kind of let my imagination fly... -_-; I'm undecided as to what colors to eliminate. Obviously one of the two purples should go, but then I couldn't decide which purple!

Rather than agonizing over it, I'm just posting my T-shirt now, and I'll worry about the colors if people like my design. (If no one likes it obviously there's no point in wasting the time editing...)

Attached Files

#20 kiwifruit

kiwifruit

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

I made mine really simple.

Original designs:
front http://i44.tinypic.com/zboxv.png
back http://i40.tinypic.com/292s778.png

On the template: