52 replies to this topic

#1 Hado Gato

Hado Gato

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

((two topics in one day... ouch))

I wanted to make a whole new topic just so the "MORNING MUSUME at Anime Expo (LA)" Thread doesn't get bogged down.

I'd like to know who's from H!O. I think a lot of us, including myself, are concerned about advertising too much that our tracker might be taken down. But honestly, if H!P hasn't figured it out yet -- they're stupid. A simple Google search brings up this site no matter what. If they already know -- they don't care.

Anyways, I figure the best approach is Subtle but Noticeable for all H!O members. The "wristband" idea is pretty good, anyone can buy a wristband and write "H!O" on it. Again, I'm not willing to settle for a specific color because I don't want to confuse MM (and MM fans) of me liking a particular MM member.
----

A "Pre-Party" might be a good idea too. This might actually include staying in "line" for the concert itself. I know there will be one, and I'm willing to stay in line for the whole day if it happens. I got a feeling a don't really give a crap about the expo itself (I don't watch anime) so sitting for a lot of hours doesn't seem so bad to me just to see MM. (for example: I was one of the folks who waited in line when the Star Wars Special Edition came out). I'm getting off-track.... basically we should meet each other in the line waiting for the concert. Thus: pre-party. And I'm more than sure EVERYONE will be partying anyways.
----

And the most important part to me: Eventually I'll post a picture of myself with my real name ("Chris") so I don't have a bunch of strangers saying, "Hey, are you Hado Gato?" For one, it's a bit silly to hear it and I'm definitely sure it's embarrassing to even utter that question.

#2 Gracefallen

Gracefallen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

should i feel weird not knowing who Hado Gato is?

anyway, aren't there 2 lines involving the tickets? picking them up(i'm assuming on Day 0) and actually standing in line to get inside the theatre? honestly i think it'd be kind of hard to simply identity someone as an H!O member just from their wristband, there will be plenty of non H!O people there with them as well. i guess it's the easiest low-key choice though.

i like anime, but i could care less about the convention itself. i just want to see Morning Musume, and being in LA during the process is an extremely large bonus.

#3 Ritsuka

Ritsuka

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

a pre-party sounds good. it would most likely be best to have it in the line waiting to get inside the concert~
maybe we should designate someone as the "ring leader" of the group so we know whom to look for? have someone easily recognizable or something. maybe even have them have a sign with just their username (as opposed to H!O so we dont draw any immediate attention to the sight.) i think the wristband idea would be kind of hard to spot because as Gracefallen said, many people will most likely be wearing them D:

#4 Thonkz

Thonkz

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

well..

I guess wrist band is a pretty good idea.. XD
or maybe we can wear the same bandana on our arm? *sorry for the lame idea*

yay!! for the pre - party

yay yay yay for the party!

Posted Image
She is my Angel and my Sexy Princess
Meeting her was the one of the best moment in my life

#5 rayned_kei

rayned_kei

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

If you did the wristbands where would you pick em up at?
Like maybe if each hotel there was a designated member for H!O distribution?

#6 槇土 (Makito)

槇土 (Makito)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

Well I'm already doing the wristband thing...and knowing me I'll be there early...like really early...one or two hours before...And you'll see me...I'm going to where a green shirt with the name H!P_Frontier on it...so ya :lol:

#7 caritherage

caritherage

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

This came up in the cosplay thread and I think it would be amazing to see;

We should all try to make haromoni@ ears! I understand not everyone would be able to, but maybe a portion of the forum that is going would be willing to make multiples and share (@cost/lower - not for profit at all) these ears!

Posted Image
Image by HotaruMoni
Female H!P fan since 2001

#8 Rokou

Rokou

щ(゚Д゚щ)

• Senpai
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

^I am not going to wear anything since I don't like to cosplay. but if anyone (i doubt) would want to contact me, they can do so by cell phone text or call.

I think the wristband is a good idea, but how are you going to distribute and make them?

Posted Image

#9 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

lmao, i think ears are sort of obnoxious xD
i think something more lowkey would be better

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#10 Ritsuka

Ritsuka

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

the ears would probably get confused with the usual anime convention attendee D: a lot of people wear them there XD

#11 Rokou

Rokou

щ(゚Д゚щ)

• Senpai
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

^yea there will be loads of people cosplaying...if not just wearing neko ears

I think the badges Anime Expo provide should help identify each other there.

Posted Image

#12 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

I have an idea about the T-shirts. I think the color of the T-shirts should be black with white to stand for your user name and the logo and the color of your favorite member. I think have you user name in the back with white as the color would be easy to look at. The front will have the logo for H!O with your favorite member. I know we're trying not to make a scene that we're from H!O, but maybe someone can design of a logo to stand for Hello! Online without putting the words on it.

#13 シャボン玉

シャボン玉

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Personally, I don't like the idea of the ears. For one (like Ritsuka said) there will probably be a lot of people there with some sort of 'ears' and it could get confusing. I thought the wristbands would be a good idea, but I suppose they might be a little hard to spot.

My only other thought is stickers (?) :/ that somehow identified us as H!O members. I was thinking maybe about the size of those "Hello. My name is..." Something like that, maybe? I'm not sure how we could go about making them though...Some one could up with a design, and print a bunch of them. I actually have no idea how stickers are made. Whoever can print them can hand them out to people in a 'meeting area' or something. Then we could write our names on them?

:/ Just a thought...

#14 Rokou

Rokou

щ(゚Д゚щ)

• Senpai
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

^Our name badge would be a bit more noticeable than a sticker. But the downside might be that you don't wear your name badge. I had my name badge as Shoku (not my real name) the last time I went and if I remember, it list where you came from below your name I think (but I need to find my old name badge to be sure of)

I think t-shirts and wrist bands would be hard to make...and then when you try to spot someone with that kind of t-shirt among thousands of people (cuz it was recorded that Anime Expo 2008 had over 40,000 attendees) is quite a task.

Just my opinion of the ideas already present.

Posted Image

#15 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

i think the bright green wrist band would be the best idea
if its a really vibrant color it should be easily spotted
and also, its original. i dont think any other random person would be wearing one O.o
and they're cheap

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#16 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

I like the wristbands idea.

The shirt identity isn't a bad idea but I was planning to wearing some Morning Musume T-Shirts all 3 days of the Expo, but I'm guess we are wearing the "IDENTITY shirt" for the first day so we can all see each other and meet up.

We'll most likely get badges because Anime cons have them as a must. There should be 2 concerts the whole weekend, if I'm not mistaken (from personal experience for Japanese bands coming to anime conventions). They always have one on Friday and one on Sunday because of the Masquerade on Saturday.

I'm pretty much trying to go to the Expo just for Momusu and will not care for any other event around the Expo when it's not around their time for a concert or autograph sessions. Any other times than that, I'll be lurking around for good in the Dealer's Room.

#17 Kurisu

Kurisu

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:19 AM

A wrist band/sweat band sounds the most efficient and low key way to express H!O. Anyone can find a wrist band of any chosen color that represents their favorite member. And since we all know about this idea, it seems that it shouldn't be a problem identifying other members.

Personal I'm doing both the wrist band/sweat band along with a bracelet,something similar to the yellow "Live Strong" bracelets that came out a few years back. I'll most likely be all hype in orange. Is it obvious who my favorite member is?

I was also thinking of bringing a paper akomeogi and customize it with Kamei's name or picture.

亀井様亀井様押し沖子を分う!
Posted Image

#18 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

I'm down for whatever. I will be buying MM merchandise so I hope to wear their t-shirt, but even if we just meet online that would be cool. I also plan on camping out all day if it's general admission or even if I have assigned seats. I was a Star Wars guy too and a huge Prince fan and have spent hours in line gladly for both. This is even more exciting!

I look forward to meeting with you all. I'm not an anime fan, but I like it ok. I hope to have some fun with that too after all I'm coming all the way from New York City. But it's Morning Musume the reason for being there.

I'm really lucky, as an added plus, one of my best friends lives in LA and I haven't seen him in a very long time. He said I could stay with him. I'm trying to give him a crash course on Momusu, but it's hard. I sent him a YouTube vid of Hello!Project Wonderful Hearts 2006 clip featuring Ai Araba with everyone on stage and explained (by costume) who they all were. Now this is just thru e-mail, mind you. He very cutely replied "Wow, that's alot of girls onstage! Thanks for telling me about the Eggs." (!) Lol! Maybe he'll wanna come. He's pretty open minded and I don't think he minds a bunch of really pretty girls singing and dancing.

We'll see. I'm just nervous about the tickets and pre-registering. Until I know I've got them, I'll be a little on edge!
MOZENATOR

#19 kazuma2387

kazuma2387

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

^yea I waited 8 hours in line for star wars episode 3 lol :wub: so Ill be waiting for front row tickets if i have to camp out the night before

I wouldnt mind wearing a wristband and/or putting my username on my badge. Dont know about shirt though cause ill probably be wearing a purple Aika shirt.

#20 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

If you see someone with MM merchandise there, I'm pretty sure you can assume they are most likely from here. If not, then either jpm or mm-bbs.
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users