49 replies to this topic

#1 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

TICKETS SALES ARE LIVE

1. What does it cost to go to the convention and where can I buy my ticket?

Answer: Purchase your ticket Here
Four Day Adult Attendee Pricing
Special: $50.00 (Through March 16th)
Early: $55.00 (Through April 20th)
Regular: $60.00 (Through June 1st)
Late: $65.00 (Through end of Convention)
*At the door: (July 2-5): $70.00
Two Day Adult Attendee Pricing (Consecutive Days ONLY)
Pre-registration Online throughout convention: $50.00
*At the door (July 2-5): $55.00
One Day Adult Attendee Pricing
One Day Attendee (Any of the four days): $30.00
Child Attendee Pricing
Four Day Child Attendee (Age 6-12): $30.00
^The above can be found at http://forums.anime-...showtopic=10136

2. Does Morning musume require a seperate ticket?

Answer: Yes, the morning musume concert is a main event, for which the ticket costs $20. You can add it to your account on the page where you see "View/Modify" and "add tickets" click add tickets, select the radio box by morning musume, and hit update.

3. Can I attend the concert without going to the convention?

Answer: No, you can not, you must purchase both your convention ticket and your Main event ticket ($20).

4. What hotel do you recommend staying at? Where should I book?

Answer: I do not recommend any specific hotel, I however, do strongly urge all of you to book through the AX block. By doing this, you gain free shuttle service to the convention, a free main event ticket, and, you pay a much cheaper price for the hotel.

5. You say get a better deal, what prices are we looking at for hotels through the AX block?

Hilton Checkers:
$164.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Holiday Inn City Center:
$140.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Hotel Figueroa:
$133.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Los Angeles Athletic Club:
$135.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Los Angeles Marriott Downtown:
$159.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Millennium Biltmore Hotel:
$150.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Omni Los Angeles:
$146.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel:
$152.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Westin Bonaventure:
$145.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles:
$149.00/night (Standard) Max Occupancy (4)
$159.00/night (Deluxe) Max Occupancy (4)
$179.00/night (Executive) Max Occupancy (4)
^The above can be found at http://forums.anime-...showtopic=10136

6. Can I buy tickets online? Or where do I order them?

Answer: You can buy your tickets online at anime-expo.org.

7. What about H!O Reserved seating?

Answer: Number one: These seats would not compete with the reserved seating, perhaps even, you would have to buy reserved seating to get them. These would not be great seats, as per what bryan told me. They would just be seats where everyone can sit together. There would also be a finite number, and, as jaarglion said: That being said, these reserved seats for H!O members is not squared away and all is speculative at this point.

8. I don't want to use the AX block for my hotel, what should I do?

Answer: We will definitely not all be able to stay at the same hotel, they will just be far too booked. As far as what hotels would be recommended, go to hotels.com. Look for july 1st-5th, and choose your area as the LA Convention Center. That is the best way to get hotels not in the AX Block.

9. Can I book more days than the convention through the AX block for my hotel?

Answer: Yes, as it is now, you are able to book the days surrounding the convention, too, but, do not expect to pay the AX block rate for the extra days.
Source: http://forums.anime-...?showtopic=9442

10. When is MM going to be performing?

Answer: Morning Musume will be performing on Friday July 3rd from ?-? (PST) [Sorry, the times keep changing and I dont edit enough lol].

This should answer most of your standard questions, if you have more, please PM them to me and I will edit the top post to answer your questions. But please, OTHER THAN QUESTIONS, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. I would like to keep it managable, and there is already another thread about Anime Expo.

Thank you all

See my next post for more answers, I ran out of space in this one somehow!

#2 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

11. I want to give <Insert Member Name> a gift!!! Is this allowed by UFA, AX, or the forces at be?

Answer: The only thing I have to go on as for an answer to this is the sakuracon in Seattle this year. People were told not to bring gifts for Hangry/Angry because they would feel they had to "properly thank everyone" and it would hold up the line too much. So, as of now, do not expect to be able to provide <Insert Member Name> with any gifts.

12. I can't find the hotel I want?!

Answer: As of now, only the westin is available to be booked through anime Expo. More hotel rooms may become available later.

13. I need roommates, who can book with me?

Answer: I have setup a thread where you can look for people to room with, the thread is in this forum under the name "Anime Expo Hotel". Please follow the instructions

14. I can't be there early enough on day 0, can someone else get my ticket for me?

Answer: In order to pick up a ticket, you require two things.
1) Their photo ID
2) The barcode they get when they register
If you are comfortable giving someone else your ID, then, yes, they can.

15. I got the confirmation email but the barcode doesn't show up

Answer: You have to open the email in Internet Explorer, it is unknown why it is like this, however, the barcode will not display in Firefox or any other browser besides Internet Explorer.

16. I registered but I never received my confirmation email, what do I do?

Answer:If you didnt automatically get one, login to your registration account
On the page where yo ucan add tickets, click view/modify by your name
Then click resend confirmation email.
After that check your junkmail, if it isnt there still. Sign up at anime-expo.org forums, and send "JoeyT" a private message, he will help you fix it.
This has happened to a few people, just explain it to him.

As before, please only post with questions in this thread. I will update this as I am given more questions.

#3 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hi, I'm looking for airplane tickets to California and I don't know which site to at for the best prices. Any help please?

#4 jaysonnj

jaysonnj

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

^^ I've been searching for flights on kayak.com non-stop. It searches through all the airline sites and travel sites for the best prices.

#5 MM=Happiness

MM=Happiness

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

If I book my registration and concert ticket today, can I add my hotel later? and will I be able to register another person on my account at a later date also?

Love you some MM gify goodness? GIFS by MM=H

#6 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

^^Yes to both, it's a very versatile system that you can update it as you want.

Plane tickets, sites such as travelocity or expedia would serve you well. I've never bought plane tickets online, I just found a travel agent.

(Gonna update the FAQ with these two question by the end of the night and have the tread cleaned up again.)

#7 MM=Happiness

MM=Happiness

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

^^ Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Love you some MM gify goodness? GIFS by MM=H

#8 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

Thanks! I was just checking out prices online but I'll be heading to a travel agent soon enough.

#9 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

Um, I have another question please.

If I need to cancel my current hotel reservation and book another one (still through AX) would this mess up my ticket for the Momusu concert since I got it free as part of the hotel reservation. I'm worried that the original ticket would get cancelled because if I had to re-order one they might be sold out by then.

#10 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

I recommend, make the new reservation before cancelling the current, since no deposit is charged, it is safe

#11 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Couple of questions, not so much relating to the expo itself but for advice when I'm in L.A, so I hope it's OK to ask here.

First, is there anyone who suffers from hayfever who would have a rough idea how bad it would be at that time of year in L.A? I'm going to try and take my hayfever nasal spray with me but with airport security the way it is these days I'm worried that if they say I can't take it my hayfever might ruin my trip.

Second, how many places in a city like L.A take Visa credit cards? I'm just trying to get a rough idea on how much I would be able to rely on mine. Do most shops and restaurants take them?

#12 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

^ I asked about the temperature in LA in another thread, and the reply I got was HOT HOT HOT! It's gonna be in the 20's although as I don't suffer from hay fever, I don't know if that effects it. I can tell you though that if you put the spray in you suitcase, and don't take it in your hand luggage, you'll have no problem at the airport. With that being said, I don't actually know airline policies with stuff like that. But as I'm assuming your hay fever is not going to play up within the plane itself, there's no need to risk loosing it by carrying it with you on board.

As for the Visa question. I can only tell you that larger shops in Japan accepted it (was gonna use it in the Ghibli museum). I'm pretty sure it's accepted all around the world, but possibly only in the larger shops / chains. I'll leave someone from the US to answer that question better for you.

Also...thanks for getting back to my PM :lol: I do intend to reply.

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#13 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

^Thanks for the reply XD .

Yeah, I just actually got a PM from someone else who told me the temps will be really hot over there. That shouldn't matter too much to my hayfever though (although sometimes it can make it worse). Hopefully someone who lives in California can chime in on this one. And the nasal spray may be a problem then since I'm going with hand luggage only, I'll have to check with the airline I think.

Edit: Also, I think my answer to the credit card question has been answered to my satisfaction. I forgot to mention that I received a PM from someone who said that they found their card was accepted in lots of places in the States. Big thanks to them and to Lolli.

#14 WONDERLINE

WONDERLINE

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

I have a question: So is it possible to send gifts to Momusu by either AX or some other way? I can't attend XD but I want to atleast send them some sort of gift...

#15 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

So I want to change my current hotel to one that's waitlisted. Do I have to cancel the old one to ensure that I'm reserved on the new one? I just don't want to cancel my current hotel, end up not getting the new one and be left with no hotel to stay at =(
(This is all done through AX btw)
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#16 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

You do not have to cancel anything, they are not charging until june 19th, so, youre fine

#17 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

I have another question please :unsure:

I'm figuring the easiest way for me to get from the airport to my hotel with the least hassle would be to get a taxi. I'm just trying to figure out all the expenses of this trip so I know how much money to take with me. Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get from the LAX airport to a hotel in the AX block by taxi?

#18 Reiko!

Reiko!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

@zorrander: http://www.taxifare...._estimator.html (thought i cant make the estimator work)
1. $2.65 Flag drop .
2. For each additional mile: $2.45.
3. traffic delay $26.53 per hour.
4. $42.00 Flat fare for trips between LAX and downtown.
5. $2.50 Surcharge for all trips originating at LAX.
6. $15.00 Minimum fare for trips originating at LAX

#19 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

Just got a quick question.

Is it too late to get tickets for the Expo and the concert? and can you buy online?

I'm thinking about going now, 'cause we're not very busy at work... Hopefully I can, 'cause my Dad will be gone at the same time (I work with my dad).
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#20 Danseryu

Danseryu

- The EXILE Enthusiast -

• Senpai
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

I think the tickets are still on sale, I bought them this morning. Registration is at $60 normal fee (passed the early admission deadline) and momusu concert $20 ticket.

Hope to see you guys all there!!

On a sad note, I wanted to audition for AX Idol.. but they only allow anime / videogame songs T_T.
道、君と歩いた今日まで かすかに 動くくちびる 特別な時間をありがとう「心」「勇気」「友」「笑顔」 嬉しすぎて 溢れ出した 涙が とまらない

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users