• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#221 kittiwindx

kittiwindx

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

And, about the comment on them "hiding" their identities...
Hangry and Angry are their stage names for this unit. Just like Charmy was a stage name/nickname that Ishikawa used for a while. They're representing the characters, not themselves.

On that note, the bitchy handler chick totally called her Ishikawa when she thought nobody could hear -.-; lol

・・・君は天使なの?・・・

#222 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

@Jenfar.: Yeap! I saw you guys, and I said hi to you and CherryDiamonds after the H&A concert!!! XD You guys cosplaying Miss Love Tantei was another one of the good things about the con! I thought it was really cool that you guys did that. XD

#223 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

Did Yossie & Rikachan get a chance to see them as W? That would have been awesome!

Puffy Ami Yumi's name has been dropped twice in this thread, that's awesome too! XD

Nothing more to add but all of this info is coming in handy for LA AX. BTW, I'm 6'3" and I don't really feel like sitting off to the sides or in back considering I'm flying in from Chicago and staying LA for 3 days just to see them.......

I'm very happy that everyone was impressed with Yossie/Rika and that they were impressed with their first exposure to American H!P fandom.

That Rika's rising in some peoples' eyes should be no surprise; these girls are really amazing women in practically every sense I can think of: talented, beautiful, intelligent, hard-working, humorous, easy-going, kind and caring.

#224 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

^ Umm... they were in the US... I think almost everyone there except for H&A were also from the US or Canada.... Think about it.

#225 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

Q: Are you ever coming back to America?
Yossie: Of course. [This got a big cheer.]

No one asked about Europe? Well, of course not.. It seems like they have totally forgotten Europe even exist. XD Kthxbye.

their goal is to go all around the world. they didnt seem to have a schedule set on when and where or whatever. all we know is that we can expect them in more places than SEATTLE. lol. plus the fact that Buono's going there, there should be a great possibility of H&A in Europe.

And Rika was the one who said OF COURSE. lol! it was so cute too! and her voice sounds so much higher in person!! thats quite surprising considering how already high it got in videos!

and YOOO mr Jaargilon. seeing them of course live is going to make me go post more than I have been!! shoot...CANT WAIT TIL SUMMER! the con was a blast. thanks for msging me bout the hotel!
LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#226 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

^ Ohhh!! Also... one of the best parts of the weekend was being able to meet and hang out with you, AikaAction!! Seriously! I was super happy that you ended up being a really cool dude and all!! We'll have to get something together for July in LA! XD

Also... I can't wait for another convention, just to watch the cartoons on the super big screens. I actually really liked that. XD

#227 Bex Bissell

Bex Bissell

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

Heres some brief footage I shot during the really brief seconds they allowed photos/video before the actual Q and A actually began:

btw Looks a lot better with youtube's HD option if it doesn't default to that already.

#228 rayned_kei

rayned_kei

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

Holy crap dude, were you the guy with the small acer notebook and you showed them your computer when everyone was waiting in line for the concert? They were walking around the far side of the room taking pictures in the costumes and um doing video?

EDIT:
oops that was supposed to be for ezterrell

#229 Bex Bissell

Bex Bissell

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

^ Nah, that wasn't me. I was wearing a Slayer t-shirt on the first row only a few seats to the left of the worlds #1 Charmy fan, the tall japanese guy.

#230 Atarimae

Atarimae

キライスキダイキライ。

• Senpai
  • 2187 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

all of these stories are so epic omg~

im so glad that the fans and H&A had a lot of fun! XD

its sucks that seattle is only 3 hours away from me and i couldnt make it but all these wonderful stories make it seem like i was there too so its all good. :woot: :sob:

#231 Kei

Kei

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

I remembered my password, lol! I've posted this on other forums, but I'd thought I'd post it here too in case people haven't read it. It's the full Q&A panel that I've transcribed from my journal.
"Y" is Yossy, "R" is Rika, and anything in quotes is exactly what they said in English or Japanese. Enjoy!

I'll put it in a spoiler tag because it's really long. OK nevermind, it didn't do what I thought a spoiler tag did, LOL

Introduction:
This is Hangry and this is... <crowd says "ANGRY!">
R: "Yes"

Question: Who are some artists that inspire you as a musician? [corrected]
Y: Michael Jackson, Britney Spears
R: Morning Musume

Question: Where do you get your clothes?
Y: Shibuya
R: Harajuku

Question: I couldn't hear the whole thing and it was quite a long story. Basically the guy was asking Rika for permission to embroider this image on the back of a jacket.
Posted Image
R: "...Ok"

Question: Since the concert was last night, what's your opinion about the differences between the American and Japanese audience?
Y: Saikou. The American crowd knows how to enjoy themselves. In Japan there is "wotagei" where the audience have choreographed dances and moves. In America, they're more enthusiasic and individualistic, mostly the gesture is like: <Yossy demonstrates fist pumping in the air>
R: In Japan, there are mostly men in the audience. I'm surprised to see so many women.

Question: Who is your favorite Techno artist?
R: Underworld

Question: In Morning Musume, was your tomboy character something that the managers asked you to portray or is that really your personality?
Y: When she joined she wanted to be an idol, then slowly it became her real self, but deep inside she wanted to be an idol.

Question: How do you feel about being the most beautiful women in the world?
R: "Happy, very happy"
Y: Very happy

Question: What is your favorite rock band?
Y: Girugamesh
R: Girugamesh
Y&R: Ah! Sharan-Q!

Question: What is your favorite anime?
Y: Crayon Shin-chan
R: Sailor Moon

Question: Would you like to come back to America?
Y: Of course

Question: (I couldn't hear all of this story either) A woman's 9 year old daughter was crying because she couldn't come from Florida. Would they come back and go to Florida?
R: "Of course"

Question: Their first official US performance was in Washington State, would they have wanted it elsewhere?
Y&R: We were very happy to have it in Seattle and Sakura Con

Question: Were the band members we saw last night, their official band, or were they put together just for the concert?
Y: Just for the Sakura Con concert.

Kimuuu's Question: Are there any plans for a Hangry & Angry photobook?
R: It's not scheduled yet, but we wish there would be one.
Translator: Would you like that? <crowd cheers> Then you have to speak to the manager..
Y: Manager-san onegaishimasu.
I think at this point, their manager just says "Hello hello".

Question: Have you had to change your character after switching from Morning Musume to Hangry and Angry?
Y: It wasn't hard, I'm enjoying it.
R: I agree.
The translator explains that putting on the costumes and the make up is like a 'switch' for performing in character.

Question: What's your favorite part of the concert?
Y: I loved the crowd involvement, especially when I sang the line "Kill Me" then the crowd sang "Kill Me", then I sang "Kiss me" and the crowd repeated "Kiss Me".
R: Yes and the audience was enjoying the concert.

Question: Would there ever be a chance of Hangry and Charmy Ishikawa?
R: "No, I'm Angry."

Question: What was your favorite cosplay from the whole convention?
R: There was a character from One-Piece, Chopper, a reindeer but it was a woman. She was showing a bit of her stomach and I thought it was sexy and cute.
Y: Sushi, maki sushi. *gestures like a person wearing an inflatable ring* I was out shopping when I saw it and was surprised.

Question: Would you like the chance to do an anime?
Y&R: Yes, we'd like to do it.

Question: Do you still participate in Gatas?
Y: I practice once a week.
R: I sabotage the practice a lot.

Question: What can we expect from Hangry and Angry in the future and in Japan?
Y: There's an album coming out in the fall.
R: We want to do a world tour.

Question: What's your favorite thing while sightseeing?
R: The ocean, seafood
Y: Seafood, the waterfront grill
Then they started naming things on the menu like lobster, hotate, kani, ebi, oyster, fish. Everything was so good.

Question: When you performed The Peace, were you surprised that many of us knew it?
Y: It was very exciting that you knew The Peace already, but at the same time, we can't trick you.

Question: Why did you leave Morning Musume?
We graduated from Morning Musume and wanted to move onto the next step.

Question: In one interview you mentioned you wanted to go to the Space Needle, did you get a chance to see it?
Y: No, we didn't get a chance but I want to go.

Question: What are your thoughts and feelings leading up to the concert?
Y: I hope that people enjoy our concert.
R: I was very nervous. Before the concert I'd write the character for "person" on my palm three times and swallow it, then I'd hug Hangry.

Question: Again I missed it but it had to do with how they felt the morning after the concert.
R: We got too excited, so when I woke up the next morning, my arm was sore.
Y: My neck hurt because I was head banging too much.

Question: Have you tried bubble tea, do you like it?
R: Daisuki! My favorite is milk tea.
Y: "Ko-hi-. Coffee"

Question: What words and presents from fans make you happy?
R: Being able to see everyone's smiles where we can see you up close and personal like this, and coming to the concert.
Y: "Me too"

Question: Some of your American fans speak Japanese, is it surprising that there are some who don't know Japanese but still love your music?
Y: I love it. Even when you say Japanese words like 'arigatou' or 'konnichiwa'. It's exciting that you know the music.

Question: Who would you want to recruit for Gatas?
Y: Ronaldinho, Beckham, Raul
R: "Otoko dame" We're a women's futsal team, is it ok?
Y: Yes
They'd like to recruit good players, so it's ok.

Question: When the crowd sang Happy Birthday to Hangry, how did you feel?
Y: I was totally surprised and happy. Angry surprised and tricked me really good.

Message to fans:
Y: Thanks for coming to Sakura Con and the concert. Please support us.
R: I'm happy to be here, please support us.

#232 m(Vo_oV)m

m(Vo_oV)m

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

I am here at the airport still, and have some time to post.

The Q&A was great. It's a nice way to end their visit and ours because it's like an encore appearance. I mean, after the concert, you are so excited that it hard to feel whole again. You want more, another concert mostly, but the Q&A makes you happy about the whole thing. At least for me.

However, the Q&A almost became a nightmare.
We were at the designated line-up for 2 hours before the Q&A to get good spots. One of the staff for the event even came out and asked us if we could form a cleaner line, because we were scattered watching the Elder's Graduation DVD. But we new our places, and the staff said, "...fine, as long as you know." And mention how it seems like it probably won't be too bad (meaning crowed) by the looks of things, "...but that there is still a hour to go." The Q&A was supposed to be 2PM-4PM. It was 2:07 when people started to get concerned. One person went to look, and quickly came back saying that there is a bunch of people already in there. People where like, 'What!' 'No way!' And then we all started to run for the entrance around the corner, but then the person in front said that the people are from the 1PM panel and that they are all going to be cleared in a little bit. So we were all like, "Ummm!" and when back to are places. Then five minutes passes, and a speaker could be heard in the room. People where like 'What!" again, and a few ran inside, then we saw Diaz, a person who's been with H&A throughout the convention. And then we all started to pile into the room. We missed are seats. And there was like about 150 people already in there. People were of course upset. I thought that I was going to be several rows back and would hardly see them. This was the last chance, and something like this happens. NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what about the autograph session afterwards, were all the people who waited hours before the Q&A, in fact, now in the back rows. Will we not get an autograph! And this was my LAST CHANCE to get my hand shake. Now I was doomed to regret not getting one. I found a sit, my heart was racing, thinking of how to try and fix this.

------------SNAP! My plane is going to leave soon, so I have to go. It's almost a 7 hour flight, so I continue tomorrow.-----

I'm back.

Luckily I found a seat half within the crowd but it still seemed to far. H&A were not there yet, so they wanted to show their PV. But the video would crash, so instead they just played the music. And a number of people keep looking back thinking that H&A were going to enter during the music. :smile: Then they tried to play the video again with no luck. I saw some people near the front and just went for it. It was a good spot, not the front row but a clear view and near the would be starting line of the autograph session.
Things started to look up.

They walked in, loud cheers were heard.

After the Q&A, came the autograph session.

It was a little bit tense, because the regular line and the priority line was confused, but in the end, I actually think everybody got their autograph. I already had four autographs and was not really their for another autograph as much as I was there to give Yoshizawa her present and get a handshake. Also, this maybe a little weird but last time Yoshizawa wrote my name on one of my autographs and I and thought it would be great if Ishikawa also wrote my name.

So to make sure I did everything right, I was practicing in my hotel room during the morning before the session. And everything almost worked out the way I hoped.
Finally I was in front of Yoshizawa.
"Otanjoubiomedetougozaimasu" I said and handed her her flowers, which I had huge problems with, but it has nothing to do with H&A.
Yoshizawa: "Arigatougozaimasu."
Then I gave her her present, which was a really really cute cat. When I bought it, the cashier mentioned how really cute it was and we were both laughing about it. Diaz also saw it and mentioned how cute it was.
Yoshizawa held it, admiring it and said, "Kawaii ne."
Me: "Kawaii ne."
Then Diaz who was to her right and took the flowers, took the cat. Then I presented Yoshizawa her birthday card.
I expected her to say thank you and quickly pass it back to Diaz since it a closed envelop. Nothing really to look at, or so I thought.
Yoshizawa actually took the time to read the envelop. Again, Yoshizawa held it and admired it. Then she read my name to me.
Me: "Hai." Is all I could say. I was amazed by this. It felt like she took a special interest in this fan. Not only that, she pronounced my name really well, and most people usually do not. I thought 'Jouzu!' That's so like Yoshizawa-san, right. Then she signed my poster. And as I planned, right as Yoshizawa was on the last kana, I put out my hand and said, "Arigatougozaimasu." Like expecting it, she took my hand without missing a beat, then I did the two hand shake, shook it while saying, "Okiotsukete." Yoshizawa: "Arigatou."

By this time, no one was in front of me and Ishikawa wasn't signing anything. By the time I took out her present, which I meant as a souvenir, because it was a big cup that said Seattle with a small cute cat [again, because H&A are cats] holding a really beautiful blue rose, she was handed the poster of the person behind me. Unfortunately, the rose was a bit squashed. It had these really nice blue color with the rim of the petals in a darker blue which looked a little like it was bleeding blue. When she first saw the rose, the leaned forward and said "Wao!" I notice that squashy-niss of it, and tried squeezing it in the opposite direction. Diaz was behind Ishikawa telling her to sign it because were we getting backed up. Ishikawa was so cute, Ishikawa looked like a student studying hard for an exam with her head down signing the next persons poster.
Me: "Ano, namae wa, po-suta ni, onegaishimasu?" Then I held my bagde in front of Ishikawa.
Ishikawa: "Namae?"
Me: "Hai. Sumimasen."
Ishikawa wrote the first letter in my name, then pause, looked at my badge, went back to the poster, started to put the pen near the poster then paused again and looked back my badge and leaned forward a bit to get a closer look. Ishikawa reached out a bit and pointed to my name, so I gave my badge to her. I just noticed, I now love Yoshizawa, but I'm in love with Ishikawa, remembering all this little details in time. Anyways, Ishikawa bought the badge in closer and wrote my name with a heart at the end. Again, as Ishikawa was near the end, I said, "Arigatou" and held out my hand. Diaz already had other things for Ishikawa to sign and Ishikawa took my hand and I said "Arigatou" again.
Ishikawa: "Hai."
Me: "Okiotsukete."
Ishikawa: "Hai." [Chou Kawaii]
I took my poster and gave it the person behind me since my name was on her's. The bad thing was that the poster I now had had a few dings on the edges.

Yes, finally I got my handshakes and Ishikawa's writing of my name to boot. Then I got about 50 posters, which I am going to use to cover my walls with.

This trip was the best in my life.

Morning Musume in Anime Expo 2009, I can't image how happy I'll will be then.

ありがとう! hANGRY & ANGRY ありがとう。

vDdUosc.jpg
Member of dFs: desert Fox subs
please visit: Fan Meeting in Japan 2013

#233 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

It's great to read all this. I'm sure you all had a great time, thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Posted Image

#234 AikaAction

AikaAction

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

I've got two clips from the Sakura-Con. Will have more (but not H&A) ones. Anyhow this is the link to one of them.

LIfE IS FUN -).
My MM Scout team: Koharu (Moon), Aika (Mercury), Riho (Mars), Risa (Jupiter), Sayumi (Venus), Mizuki (Pluto), Hitomi (Uranus), Miki (Neptune), Rika (Saturn), Eri (Tuxedo Kamen), Mari (Healer), Ayumi (Fighter), Kaori (Maker)

#235 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

^ Woah!! You can totally see my cheek in that video!!! And I didn't realize our voices are kinda similar.... Weird. <3

But, those guys were the best ever!!! :lol:

--------------------
Also... listening to Sadistic Dance on record vs. live.... Live it was waaay more rocking.... I like both styles, though. :w00t:

#236 MichiMoni

MichiMoni

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:28 AM

Someone from H!O took pictures of me and my friend in our Osaka Koi no Uta costumes (as Yossie and Rika)... If that person sees this, can they PM me the pic? Thanks :wub:

The concert was awesome, as was everything else. My friends and I actually sat right near Yossie + Rika + their entourage at dinner after the concert. They were celebrating Yossie's birthday, kicking back beers and then later eating cake and Yossie opened presents. Hehe.

And the question at the panel was "Who are some artists that inspire you as a musician?" not so much "Who are your favorite artists?", to which Yossie answered "Michael Jackson, Britney Spears" and Rika said "Morning Musume." :)

#237 Kei

Kei

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

Someone from H!O took pictures of me and my friend in our Osaka Koi no Uta costumes (as Yossie and Rika)... If that person sees this, can they PM me the pic? Thanks :wub:

And the question at the panel was "Who are some artists that inspire you as a musician?" not so much "Who are your favorite artists?", to which Yossie answered "Michael Jackson, Britney Spears" and Rika said "Morning Musume." :)

Oh it was differentstory12 or poe who took one of the photos of you in those costumes XD
Thanks for the clarification, I can only write so fast.

#238 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:02 AM

Thanks you so much for the fan accounts. The more I read, the more I'm very excited to go see Morning Musume. Seem like I have to learn some Japanese words before going to speak to them. I hope I can see their name right. :wub:

#239 tensai87

tensai87

Custom member title... ah?

• Senpai
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

I've got two clips from the Sakura-Con. Will have more (but not H&A) ones. Anyhow this is the link to one of them.

Haha, "I'm Hangry.... I love youuu... " :) cool videos! :wub:
Posted Image

#240 TheCase23

TheCase23

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4299 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:29 AM

^ AikaAction was saying "I'm Hangry," I said "I love you."

Coupla bad ass dudes. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users