• Please log in to reply
2073 replies to this topic

#1 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Formed from the winners of the Taiwan audtion, introducing: Bing Qi Lin Shao Nu Zu/Ice Cream Musume :w00t:

Posted Image

Produced by Yoshitake Tanaka, original producer of Country Musume. I've been reliably informed that pronouncing their name is something like "Been Chillin Show Nu Zu", which, I think you'll agree, is bad ass compared to just calling them Ice Cream Musume. ^^; Their official blog lies here: http://imusume.pixnet.net/blog

Shamelessly stolen from Stardust,

After the six girls were selected by Tsunku himself in September, over a month was spent with the girl's parents organising for their futures in the entertainment industry and in contractual talks. The girls also immediately began training and now that all affairs have been sorted can now travel to Japan for training and recording for their debut album.

Although the sun had not yet even risen, the spirits of the members were high on the morning of the 8th of November as the girls all arrived at the airport. The girls declared their excitement with many not being able to get to sleep the night before, in anticipation.

12 year old Gǔ Yún, the daughter of track athlete (decathlon) Gǔ Jin Shui, will be heading abroad for the first time by herself. Her father is not worried though, describing his daughter as independant and clever.

Céng Dé Píng expressed a desire to lay a firm foundation of Japanese pronunciation before tackling Japanese conversation while 14 year old, Qiu Cui Ling acknowledged that training will be tough, concerned that she may not be able to keep up with the other members. She maintained that she will try her very best to make the most of her Japanese trip.

Light Bulb had one of her classic moments at the airport after being told drinks and liquids were prohibited from being brought on the plane, extremely concerned she would be branded a terrorist for having to bring on cold medicine. Her tension was deemed cute and amusing to the staff and other members.

Elder members Zhōng An Qi and Wú Sī Xuán showed motherly spirit, caring for the younger members' whereabouts and emotions. The pair have also been strenuously practicing the lyrics of their Japanese songs together.

While the girls have very serious training ahead of them, their biggest concerns seemed to be excitement over visiting Tokyo Disneyland, revealing their childish, cute sides.

Their debut album is expected to be released before the new lunar year (Jan/Feb 09), though the article is scarce on details. More information, including a release date, will be revealed as the girls progress through their training. They are all hoping to have great results from the training, bringing glory as they represent Taiwan.

So who are our shiny new girls? Let's take a look (Please note that name romanization is debateable and you'll probably run into quite a few different versions of the same name while you wander the net):

Posted Image

ROLE CALL!! ^^;

The Girls

Posted Image
吳思璇
Wú Sī Xuán

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: Xi Le, ShenShen
  • 22 years old
  • Born: 1988.1.10
  • Blood Type: O
  • Flavour: Blueberry

Trivia and Links
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • Is the official group leader/team captain as the oldest member.
  • Is a Capricorn.
  • Hobbies include watching movies, writing songs, dancing, and not using her brain from time to time.
  • Favourite foods include Seafood, doria, daifuku (a kind of mochi).
  • Hates flus and stomach aches.
  • Biggest fear is ants.
  • Performing a Hula to "Juantanamera", then a dance to Holly Valance's "Kiss Kiss" here. (Her costume doesn't fall away like it's supposed to originally, but the judges give her another chance.)
  • In another contest titled One Million Star ( a rough equivalent on American Idol, which I believe JunJun also took part in at some stage) she placed 24th.
  • Performing a routine on contest One Million Star here

Posted Image
鍾安琪
Zhōng An Qí

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: Anchii
  • 20 years old
  • Born: 1989.7.23
  • Blood Type: B
  • Flavour: Coffee

Trivia and Links
  • Is the official sub leader/ team captain as the second oldest member.
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • After making it past the auditions and onto the live shows, An Qi was eliminated early, but was brought back for a special episode in which Tsunku allowed his favourite losers from the auditions and live shows to re-audition for the judges. However, she was eliminated during this episode once again, and instead was sent to a "last camp" of sorts, where she, along with Cui Ling, was eventually chosen to join the group as one of Tsunku's picks.

Posted Image
曾德萍
Zēng Dé Píng

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: PeiPei
  • 18 years old
  • Born: 1991.2.10
  • Blood Type: A
  • Flavour: Vanilla

Trivia and Links
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • Is an Aquarias.
  • Hobbies include shopping, picture taking, watching cartoons, telling jokes, surfing the internet and reading.
  • Favourite foods include milk, chocolate, gummy sweets and vegetables.
  • Favourite artists are Takahashi Ai, BoA and SHE.
  • Favourite colours are white, green and grey.
  • Favourite cartoons include Crayon Shin Chan, Doraemon, Atashi n' Chi and Detective Conan.
  • Favourite sports include baseball, dancing and volleyball.
  • Favourite phrase is "Failure breeds success".
  • Loves the character Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch.
  • Previous to the Final of NEW STAR being aired, she leaked Ame no Furanai by Morning Musume to fans.
  • In her blog, she often refers to herself as the father in a family consisting of her, Lightbulb (Mother) and ReiRei (their child)
  • Tsunku's comments on her: "Within Morning Musume there are some members whose dancing is their strong point and some whose dancing is their weak point, and it is because dancing is their weak point that their characters are built. Her face (expression?) is gaudy but her dance and performance gives off a childish feeling, and unexpectedly this unbalance is liked by the audience."
  • Dancing to Sinatra's "Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night of the Week)" here.

Posted Image
趙國蓉
Zhào Guó Róng

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: Lightbulb, Youko
  • 17 years old
  • Born: 1992.8.28
  • Blood Type: A
  • Flavour: Strawberry

Trivia and Links
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • Is a Virgo
  • Hobbies include singing, chatting, sleeping and laughing.
  • Favourite food is custard.
  • Pet peeve is being alone at home.
  • Is afraid of loneliness, being alone and house sitting.
  • Tsunku's comments on her: Matsuura Aya songs are harder to sing than they look, and she got the melody and Japanese correct. He noted that she lost a lot of weight in 3 months and asked if she got in, if she would put back the weight she lost in a month and she said no. The host then suggested she should ask Tsunku what they will be eating in Japan. She wanted him to ask for her so they ended up doing rock-scissors-paper. She lost so she asked Tsunku what they eat for breakfast lunch dinner. Tsunku said breakfast is nattou, lunch is curry rice, dinner is nattou. The host asked if it's what Tsunku personally likes to eat, and he replied everyone in Morning Musume eats this too. Lightbulb said she'd be able to cope with the menu.
  • Performing Aya Matsuura's "Your Song ~Seishun Sensei~" here.
  • Performing a song on her own on New Star here.
  • Performing Morning Musume's "I WISH" here.
  • Performing a duet of Tanpopo's "Koi wo Shichaimsahita" with Su Lin Xin (A.K.A. Risa-Fan)here
  • Performing a duet with another contestant on New Star here.
  • Performing a duet with Ke Ming, another contestant on New Star here.

Posted Image
邱翠玲
Qiu Cui Ling

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: ReiRei
  • 16 years old
  • Born: 1994.1.16
  • Flavour: Choco-Mint

Trivia and Links
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • After failing to pass the public auditions, Cui Ling was brought back for a special episode in which Tsunku allowed his favourite losers from the auditions and live shows to re-audition for the judges. However, she was eliminated during this episode once again, and instead was sent to a "last camp" of sorts, where she was eventually chosen, along with An Qi, to join the group as one of Tsunku's picks.

Posted Image
古筠
Gǔ Yún

Vital Stats
  • Nicknames: Guu-chan, Froggy
  • 13 years old
  • Born: 1996.12.14
  • Flavour: Mango

Trivia and Links
  • Her blog is here.
  • Her thread is here.
  • Her father is a famous athlete.
  • She believes she gets her hyperactivity and energy from her father.
  • Became known to international fans as Froggy and Froggy Girl when she performed dressed like this.
  • Dancing to the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" here.

Gallery Links

During The Show
Winning The Show
First Press Conference

The Show

For anyone that doesn't want to download all the episodes, or can't download the episodes, I found as many as I could. Some parts or full episodes may be missing, and I apologize for that. Unless noted otherwise beside the date, the entire episode should be there. The ones from Tudou come with less parts than the ones from YouTube.

Please let me know if any links are wrong, or stop working.

1: 08.06.07 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.06.08 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

2: 08.06.14 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.06.15 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6/Final

3: 08.06.21 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (Unable to find the rest of the episode.)
08.06.22 (Unable to find episode.)

4: 08.06.28 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7
08.06.29 Part 1 Part 2/Final

5: 08.07.05 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.07.06 (Could only find the following performance: Part 1 Part 2)

6: 08.07.12 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.07.13 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

7: 08.07.19 (Unable to find episode.)
08.07.20 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6/Final

8: 08.07.26 (Unable to find episode.)
08.07.27 (Unable to find episode.)

9: 08.08.02 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.08.03 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

<Break Due To Olympics>

10: 08.08.30 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.08.31 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

11: 08.09.06 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.09.07 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

12: 08.09.13 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
08.09.14 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5/Final

13: 08.09.20 (Unable to find episode.)
08.09.21 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3/Final (END)

More info and such will be added as time goes by and it becomes available :D

Posted Image

I only go - UP! UP!

#2 matt9210

matt9210

Rika <3

• Senpai
  • 3938 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

OMG!!!!!! Debut now please!!!

I never thought I'd see another musume group! :w00t:

matt2.jpg
Credit goes to Cassandra for this beautiful set <3
Finally saw Rika on 27/05/10 at the H&A Concert in London <3

#3 selena_loves_yossie

selena_loves_yossie

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

I so love it!
nice to see a new group!!

#4 Violetbutterfly

Violetbutterfly

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

whooo im so excited to see how they do!!
debut! debut! debut!

#5 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Bah, I'm still bitter the girl I thought was one of the most talented didn't make it while some of the girls who didn't really know what they were doing made it instead. I wish these girls the best, though... It was the first time I actually watched the auditions of an H!P group so now I think I can relate what people are going through when they watch the auditions, pick a favorite, and that favorite happens to not make it. For the duration of the group's life you keep thinking, what would have happened if the girl I liked made the group instead of this other girl? *sigh*

I hope they do well and work hard. :sob:

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#6 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

I feel your pain burnt glitter. I was quite impressed with the girl you're speaking about (she played an instrument, and later performed Tokaikko Junjou, correct?) and would have loved both her and Risa Fan to have made it into the group (instead of Gu Yun and De Ping, but that's just me .... that would have been my perfect line up :lol: ) and I do think, for a little while at least, I'm always going to think of those two when I see the group.

I only go - UP! UP!

#7 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

^About the girl I like, I think I only saw one performance of hers and I fell in love with her, but I thought the audition process was stupid so I eventually stopped watching (I didn't like how they gave all of the girls who did badly hope by passing them but I guess that was supposed to make the show interesting :lol: ), but I do know that she performed this "Shanghai" song as her first performance... I think her name was like Ke Min? Or Peng? Or both? I dunno I just really liked her... XD

And Risa Fan was such a cutie... Sure she can't sing or dance too well but if she was in this group I think she'd be one of the better looking ones! I guess we don't need another Sayu character in H!P though. No offense to these girls when I say that, though, I wish them the best... Just, I can't get out of my mind what could have been. I imagine that a lot of people have already been through this but with Morning Musume, which I imagine would be a lot worse. If 9th generation auditions ever show up I don't know if I could watch them knowing that if I pick a girl and really really like her and she ends up not making it I'll feel this crappy.

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#8 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:16 AM

Oh yeah, that's the one. I was quite fond of her, she had spunk and seemed a very capable performer with potential. (No offense to De Pin fans or anything, she's even growing on me now, but she was a train wreck in the auditions by comparison.)

Risa-fan could dance though XD But yes, its best we just wish Ice Cream the best and try and forget. And try not to get too attached whenever any future auditions pop up :lol:

I only go - UP! UP!

#9 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:26 AM

^Indeed. I wonder what kind of songs they will have/what label they will be released under? Surely they won't go right away with the major debut, they've just arrived this month, right?

You're right about the future auditions... I just hope I can get the resolve to watch them! Watching American Idol (which I've only done once) and other shows involving auditions I usually don't get this dissatisfied if my favorite girl doesn't win... Actually that happened to me once watching America's Next Top Model when they jumped the shark and chose the plus-size model over the other more experienced/overall better finalists. But H!P related stuff is more important to me for some reason.

Gosh, now I'm all curious and excited :lol: I really hope they do well. I wonder if they've talked to Junjun or Linlin? XD

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#10 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:39 AM

anyone know where or got links to sites where I can see the auditions

#11 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

^ I sorta second that. Although I don't want to see all the auditions, just that crazy Risa fan again :)

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#12 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:11 AM

Haven't watched any of the auditions and only clicked this thread out of curiosity but Céng Dé Píng looks to be the cutest one based on the pictures provided.

I might eventually grab the auditions but if anyone can tell me which episodes to check out first that would be great. I don't think I'll be up to watching every single one especially since I still have all those old Asayans left unwatched.

If the guy behind Country Musume is involved then they have a chance.

#13 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:30 AM

^Indeed. I wonder what kind of songs they will have/what label they will be released under? Surely they won't go right away with the major debut, they've just arrived this month, right?

You're right about the future auditions... I just hope I can get the resolve to watch them! Watching American Idol (which I've only done once) and other shows involving auditions I usually don't get this dissatisfied if my favorite girl doesn't win... Actually that happened to me once watching America's Next Top Model when they jumped the shark and chose the plus-size model over the other more experienced/overall better finalists. But H!P related stuff is more important to me for some reason.

Gosh, now I'm all curious and excited ;) I really hope they do well. I wonder if they've talked to Junjun or Linlin? :o

Oh they certainly can go major straight away. It just depends on if a major record label wanted them or not, and obviously a label was willing to take on the winners of the show, otherwise the show would never have happened. People like Mano and C-ute were indie for a while to build up fanbase and show major labels that they could sell; that C-ute wouldn't do as bad as Berryz initially did, and that Mano, despite a poor voice, is popular with the wota and will sell regardless.

I'd say they'll be the pop ilk of the rest of H!P .. perhaps with a focus on more natural pop, but still sugary sweet, like ice cream? XD Perhaps similar to "Morning Coffee" or "Sky" by SweetS I could see them covering other H!P songs in Mandarin every so often too.

Anya was ROBBED. :) They truly nuked the fridge on that one.

For those asking, I'm adding a list of the auditions on youtube as compiled by Nayok-Kihara to the first post, and will also embed some videos of our 6 performing if I can find them.

I only go - UP! UP!

#14 Tricia

Tricia

AiLin

• Senpai
  • 1592 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:53 AM

im really excited about this group! I'm going to go through some of there auditions since i never seen any of them. hehe

8nin.jpg

#15 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

Added some videos for the girls under neath their names and ages. Also, heres some pictures of them just at the end of the tv show.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(l-r) Guo Rong, De Ping, Si Xuan, Gu Yun, An Qi and Ai Zi

I only go - UP! UP!

#16 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:36 AM

I can't wait for this group debut. :)

#17 BonkyuOnna

BonkyuOnna

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 973 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

I really don't like the name, why Ice-cream, are they sponsoring some kind of ice cream, all the other Musume's made sense to me. I hope they do well though, I'm excited for their debut.

#18 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:53 AM

lolli no idea how I found this but I think crazy gaki fan girl is in here, lucky so and so

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#19 Damaged

Damaged

Don't Stop!

• Senpai
  • 1025 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:59 AM

I really don't like the name, why Ice-cream, are they sponsoring some kind of ice cream, all the other Musume's made sense to me. I hope they do well though, I'm excited for their debut.

He is promoting Hokkaido's dairy in Taiwan. the article then keeps talking about the Milk Industry's making millions of yen in Hokkaido.

Maybe the Country Musume producer is trying to promote Hokkaido Ice cream? ^^; I dont like the name much either, so I just use the Mandarin instead; once you memorize it, it's much better. Been Chilling Show Nu Zu :D

Ah Risa fan and her tears. <3

I only go - UP! UP!

#20 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

lolli no idea how I found this but I think crazy gaki fan girl is in here, lucky so and so

Thank you liamers :huh:

I remember why I didn't watch this now, it's because the host reminds me of Gok Wan :D

Crazy Risa Fan for President! After watching that again I'm even more upset that she's not a member of the group. I might've been interested in them if she was...
We'll see how it goes.

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users