<Actually ,I often check my dictionary when I am typing :blink: >
Posted Image

#42 Shino

Shino

Domo-kun will eat YOU!!

• Senpai
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, me too! But aways a wrong sentence pops out, it's out of my control... yet!

My broad band isn't so broad like could be, so my upload is kind low. Anyway, I'm here to talk, being a sempai or shinmen doesn't matter at all, the only thing that I don't want to be is like Seventh Generation!

Koharu... "-_-
I'm going to live all my life untame!

#43 emiruwu

emiruwu

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

Haha~maybe I post too much~so I become 5th gen. member
I prefer be with my mikitty !! Haha~~ :blink:
Posted Image

#44 apxmusic

apxmusic

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:25 AM

I have a remix that I have created for SweetS - Sky. I have also cut a video to match. Does anyone know how I might submit these songs to the site so that they can be shared with everyone?

#45 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:59 AM

Welcome apxmusic.....

Take a look here

http://forum.hello-o...p?showtopic=696

If you any doubts you can ask for help.... i�m sure senpais, dai-senpais and mods are able to help.... :) :wub:
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#46 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:41 PM

Hiya apxmusic-

I do believe that uploader status has been granted to people who posted [OPV]s before, though you can also post it via yousendit or megauploads :]

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#47 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:07 PM

I guess you could send the file direct to someone here who can up stuff and they could do it for you. With just a few good files like that i would imagine you would get uploader status pretty quickly.

#48 moshimshi

moshimshi

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

my english is not well.
i will try to get 50 post "-_-

#49 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

my english is not well.
i will try to get 50 post "-_-

Welcome.....

This is nothing you should care too much about..... :blink: :good: :P
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#50 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

I keep uploading and I see my ratio becomes higher & higher. What's ratio for anyway? Does it gets lower if I don't upload? :huh
Posted Image

#51 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

Your ratio is directly connected to the amount of data that you upload versus the amount you download. I just looked at your ratio and see that it is 1.54 which in simple terms could be expressed as for every gigabyte that you download form others you upload in return 1.54 gigabytes. So in answere to your question if you stop uploading your ratio will drop. A person with a ratio of 1 is giving what the download back and a person with a ration of 0. something is downloading more than they upload. When a persons ratio drops to a certain point they are often called leeches as all they seem to do is suck the tracker dry and give nothing in return.

#52 hirokun

hirokun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

I finished downloading one of the files and now it says [Done, share ratio 82%] what is that...? I use to delet right after it was done but, is that mean some one is uploading from me? if so I'm going to leave as is, if not can I delet it or just leave it?

#53 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

I finished downloading one of the files and now it says [Done, share ratio 82%] what is that...? I use to delet right after it was done but, is that mean some one is uploading from me? if so I'm going to leave as is, if not can I delet it or just leave it?

the share ratio is the % you have uploaded. once the download is done, it starts seeding which means people can be downloading from you.

whenever you have seeded enough, you can delete it

#54 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

yeah that means ur uploading and have given % i think...yeah keep it awhile everyone loves a seeder, lol come to think of it based on the dates this is a forum revived from the long dead (last posts before this were in november 2005 o.O)
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#55 hirokun

hirokun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

Okey~ thanks momusufan and aznanimedude I'll leave it as is^^

#56 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

I noticed one thing.

When I have my upload speed set at unlimited (meaning people can download from me at maximum speed), my download speed drops for that same file. But when I set my upload speed at 20-30kb/s, my download speed goes up for that file.

Like at the moment, I am downloading the lastest MM.
When I set the upload speed at unlimited, it uploads about 80-100kb/s and downloads around 130kb/s. But when I limit the upload speed to 20kb/s, the download time jumps to around 200kb/s.

I thought, the higher I set my upload, the faster I download....?

no, it's the slower you upload, the faster you download.

if you use all your upload bandwidth, your download rate will be less. if you set your upload speed to about 20-40kb/sec, your downloads will be faster in your case.

plus, if you use all your upload bandwith while downloading, you may have a hard time getting to websites.

#57 mejai

mejai

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Not in some cases. If I usually max out my upload, my download tends to go down as well. So, if I really feel impatient sometimes I'll set the upload to a limit and then when it finishes I let it seed at an unlimited speed.
Posted Image

#58 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

The reason why it slows down when you max your upload speed out is because a few k of upstream bandwidth is needed to mange the downstream. Therefore if you have maxed out your upstream it leaves very little bandwidth whatsoever to manage your download or downloads. My upload is about 60k a second and download is about 800k a second but i will never get that kinda download speed unless i free up some of my upload speed. I find in my case freeing up just 10k does alot and freeing up 20k will alwasy get you 800k a second (that is if the speed at the other end is that fast anyway).
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#59 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:16 PM

your upload speed should never be unlimited
if you go to the azureus web page, there are tutorials on working out the best rates to set it that.there are many factors and also depends on what other programs you run at the same time :blush

#60 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

What's written here earlier (and my post) does not apply for those who are using Full duplex connection like VDSL or fiber connections. I don't really know about the software but as long as you're using any kind of halv duplex conenction (and that is not for your own LAN) like ADSL and I belive also most cable connections you're download and upload are NOT seperat so to say. Therefor if your're using the maximum bandwith of your upload there's theoreticly 0% left for your download.

A good tip is to try to max out your upload and see how high you'll reach.. and then do the same for your download. In that way you'll be able to get a good hunch of how much you should limit your download.

Let's take my connection for an example. I'm on a ADSL2+ connection and when maxing out my download I'll get about 19-20 mbits wich is something like 2.5mbyte/sec. When maxing out my upload I'm somewhere round 1.1 or 1.2mbits which is 130kbyt/sec or something. Now let's pretend that the other part from where I'm downloading has unlimited bandwith. From here on it's just to get a good feeling of what you want.

I usually limit my upload to like 80kbyte/sec wich is like 60% of my max upload(total bandwith) and therefor it (theoreticly again) allows me to download 40% of my max download speed. Wich in this case will be something like 1mbyte/sec. So I will be able to download at imo fast speeds but still be able to upload in a decent speed for my ADSL connection. So if your ona 2/1 ADSL connection limiting yout upload to 0.5mbit (I wont recount it this time) will theoreticly give you 1mbit of download. All of this is just theoretical stuff.. I'm not totally into how things work with packets priority and stuff. But commonly with ADSL is that your upload with have priority (maybe someone can help with this part) over your download and since it half duplex your uploads will affect your downloads and vice versa.

So that was the long answer and a tip. The short verison:

Your download are affected by your upload. More upload = less download. Max Upload = No download. Etc etc.

I hope this clears up some questionmarks but I don't know.. Maybe I just made more ? than ! with this post... Anyway. If anyone has problems with stuff like this.. Please pm me and I'll help as much as I can (I'm kind of limited in my english though. ) i got some good advice to give. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users