• This topic is locked This topic is locked
436 replies to this topic

#1 Triela

Triela

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:15 AM

Don't know where I should post this, so I took a guess.

I was in the middle of a series of concert uploads on Bunko when it went down. I posted a couple of old files (SMB2003, Spring Rev Concert) before the new uploading rules took effect here. I don't post on this or any boards, and I doubt I will ever "contribute" in that way. I do have an archive of older files (almost all HP/MM Concerts, several older HP/MM televised specials, etc.) that I was planning to post here, but I don't think I'll get upload status through posting. I wanted to upload some of the older, harder-to-find stuff (a few dozen files), and this direct request for upload status is the only method I could think of.

Any responses appreciated.

#2 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:26 AM

Hi Triela and welcome!

Well I had the same issue as a new member myself. I'll summarize a couple of the rules that you need to know about:

(1) You can upload generally only after getting "Senpai" status - 50 posts or more and >1 UL/DL ratio.

(2) You may also be granted "Uploader" status if you can satisfy an official Request made by a Senpai member in the Request Forum. In order to get Uploader status, you must PM one of the Forum Administrators who will review your case and make a decision.

Good Luck!

#3 Triela

Triela

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:40 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. In the meantime, I noticed that there was a FAQ section for the exact upload question I was asking about, my mistake for not catching it before the post. In any case, I appreciate the information, and I was just casually interested in uploading because some torrent comments led me to believe that people were looking for some older files. These are two more posts than I ever thought I'd make on the forum. Anyhow, this is my last post, I've decided not to bother "making a case". Admins, feel free to delete the entire thread.

#4 weijie22

weijie22

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:28 PM

need 50 posts
i have a long way to go
My favourite H!P members
1. Abe Natsumi--------------look a bit scary when not smiling
2.Konno Asami--------------cute girl who like to eats
3.Rika Ishikawa--------------charmy biyuden
4. Yaguchi Mari---------------small forever
5. Aya Matsuura------------interesting girl with interesting acts
6. Ayaka Kimura------------the first h!p who i know and make me interested in h!p
7. Risa Niigaki -------------Interesting girl who has grown up
8. Okada Yui---------------seen her in h!m acting the "chu" cute
9. Nakazawa Yuko---------oldest h!p who interested me
10. Yasuda Kei--------------obachan...so funny i miss her

#5 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:33 PM

bear in mind the >50 posts does not automatically make u a sempai ^_^
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#6 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

Don't try to bomb the tracker with messages to just be able to upload.. if you want to support the tracker with files then write a PM about what you want to upload. The senpai state is for users who do something extra to this community and to be able to upload is just a bonus.

Don't get to cought with the > 50 posts and > 1 ratio thingy, there is a list where shinmem and uploaders with > 50 posts are listed but it's not used very much. Some ppl come up to 50 posts and then they disapear. That's not the next senpai.

For those who just want to make uploads the 'uploader' group is good enouth, a member will not be senpai automatly and for now it's more difficult to become senpai bcoz we don't have capacity to serve that many users with some features you get access to.

We want to have a High quality tracker so this was the only way to keep it that way when PMM closed. And isn't it better? And now I can easy send out information about changes to the users who have access to upload, else I would have to send emails to 9500 users ^_^

#7 erichuuu

erichuuu

erizabeth kyamei XDD

• Senpai
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

just keep in mind that, we are watching wat you are posting and if you are spamming on all your posts.. o trust me.. we knows ^_^
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

Just wondering what programmes people use around here for creating there torrent files ? Does it matter what one you use ? Are certain ones simply better (simpler) to use ? I have a few files to to add to the tracker and i was just wanting to see if theres a best way of doing this.

#9 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

actually the bittorrent clients..like ABC or Bitcomet does have the function to make ur own torrent files

#10 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:08 PM

Ok thanks. I use Bittornado and that as far as im aware does not have that function. Bittornado works very well for me so i would prefe to keep to it. Why fix what isnt broke especially with what PCs can be like. Is there perhaps a programme that does it if your not using those clients you just mentioned ?

#11 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

Ok thanks. I use Bittornado and that as far as im aware does not have that function. Bittornado works very well for me so i would prefe to keep to it. Why fix what isnt broke especially with what PCs can be like. Is there perhaps a programme that does it if your not using those clients you just mentioned ?

I use BitTornado too... and i think it does not have this function to create torrents.... what i can suggest i to get a torrent maker soft.... like "make torrent" it's easy to find in downloads sites..... and is very easy to use...
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#12 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:36 AM

please laugh at me for my lack of knowledge

i am using bit comet and when it has finished downloading a file, i have the option of "remove task only" and i am done

but i don't touch it for awhile sometimes fifteen minutes, sometimes a half hour, sometimes several hours if i am asleep

this is good, right?

is this what is called seeding?

allowing others to continue to "KB/up" ???

i have never learned the terms for this stuff...

sempai class, please respond as this is important to me, as i can contribute no other way.

#13 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:57 AM

omiko, yes, that's what seeding is. Uploading while you have 100% of the file(s).
If you want to know how much you have uploaded compared to how much you have downloaded, Bit Comet has it under the heading "U/D Ratio" 1.0 is good, but the more the better. :)

#14 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:10 PM

what i can suggest i to get a torrent maker soft.... like "make torrent" it's easy to find in downloads sites..... and is very easy to use...

Woo hoo excellent and couldnt be much simpler to work. Thanks for that. :)

#15 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

omiko, yes, that's what seeding is. Uploading while you have 100% of the file(s).
If you want to know how much you have uploaded compared to how much you have downloaded, Bit Comet has it under the heading "U/D Ratio" 1.0 is good, but the more the better. :)

Bitcomet has good bandwidth management. However, you may want to throttle your total seeding connection count if you think your bband modem won't be able to handle it. The only thing I don't like about Bitcomet is that it doesn't allow for setting ul limit on a per file basis

#16 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:27 AM

The only thing I don't like about Bitcomet is that it doesn't allow for setting ul limit on a per file basis

Yes it does

in Bitcomet, right click on the torrent, select Properties, click the Advance tab, look in the middle where is says Task Settings, check the box Enable Task Specific Settings, then type a number from 3 to whatever your max upload speed is into the box next to the line, Maximum allowed upload rate.

#17 jriley1964

jriley1964

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:36 AM

:o ...Haven't uploaded to the tracker in a while,,, guess I can't do that anymore here :o ,,, I will find a tracker that I am able to... sorry about the congestion on the hello tracker now...

#18 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:41 AM

ummgh! [grunt of satisfaction]

thank you, turbos86, this is the highlight of my day.

also thank you, aqb, although truthfully, i did not quite get the "throttling of the total seed connection"

but don't answer! let me see if i can "google it out" now that i have some terms i can look up.

thanks for providing them.

in the meantime, i am headed over to the suggestion box, to suggest that there be an announcement somewhere for people like me who want to contribute in some fashion but don't have a credit card or otherwise, don't know all the terms and don't know their way around trackers yet.

thanx for letting me know i am doing something good

#19 taiweiche

taiweiche

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:59 PM

need 50 posts @@

#20 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

need 50 posts @@

50 posts is just a gauge and not a rule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users