• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

I figured this deserved it's own thread just cuz the series is pure win. I also want to double up and make it a help topic, especially for me XD

For those who don't know DW6 is now out for the PC, so if you don't own a PS3 go check it out. There's a free demo you can download and play a full level. You can also get the full game from "other" sources XD ^^; but it's all in Japanese.

Demo: http://www.gamecity..../smusou5/trial/

I'll post up what I already know (need some help tho):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Difficulty settings I'd guess... no idea. Maybe PS3 owners can help with this last one.

Edit: Screens updated.

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#2 JunReinAi

JunReinAi

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

The Dynasty Warriors Series is so awesome ^^;

I enjoy playing the DW Empires since it's kind of like "Conquer" the board game, but in DW style. I wish I had a PS3 though. The graphics for DW 6 look amazing.

Thanks for the heads up rpger81. Had no clue it even existed until now XD
Posted Image

#3 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

No prob ^^;

One of my friends and I play SW2 Empires when we have time, it's a fun mix of strategy and action. Although the strategy side is simple it's still better than nothing XD Too bad they haven't made a online version yet (not counting the Japanese BB), would be awesome to play with others online.

yukirin.png

#4 Hado Gato

Hado Gato

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

I just finished playing one of the storylines for "Orochi Warriors" on PSP (yes, I'm a bit behind). It's all about the guy with the katana (I didn't memorize his name). I kinda want to finish the other storylines, but some characters' moveset just doesn't pwn as much as the dude with a katana. Also, I prefer characters that use swords (especially the jian) and I've noticed not a lot of characters don't. I find no pleasure fighting with an umbrella or fans (= weaksauce).

The only other DW game I had was DW4: Empires. It was pretty fun taking over the country and such.

#5 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

I just finished playing one of the storylines for "Orochi Warriors" on PSP (yes, I'm a bit behind). It's all about the guy with the katana (I didn't memorize his name). I kinda want to finish the other storylines, but some characters' moveset just doesn't pwn as much as the dude with a katana. Also, I prefer characters that use swords (especially the jian) and I've noticed not a lot of characters don't. I find no pleasure fighting with an umbrella or fans (= weaksauce).

The only other DW game I had was DW4: Empires. It was pretty fun taking over the country and such.

Mitsuhide?

Posted Image

He's my favorite from SW... dude is so badass :good: Warriors Orochi is also available on PC... can download that too. Perfect port of the PS2 version.

Edit: Just looked up jian... didn't know that's what those swords were called. Learned something new ^^;

yukirin.png

#6 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

oooh thanks for the Demo

I have DW3 Extreme
DW5
DW5 Empires ( but I don't like it because there aren't enough opponents XD )

and from SW I like Ginchiyo Tachibana ;)

btw: Zhou tai and Ma Chao ftw XD
Posted Image

#7 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:02 AM

Yea Zhou Tai is awesome... in DW6 they took away his katana tho ^^; I still haven't unlocked him yet but I hope he's still fun to use even with a new weapon.

yukirin.png

#8 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

I've played DW3, DW4, DW5, SW, SW2, Orochi Warriors (PSP) and some of the Empires and Xtreme Legends versions. Of the lot though, the only ones I actually took the time to play fully are probably DW4, DW5 and SW.

I like nearly all the characters. You get used to their moves and specialties after a while. :) But my absolute faves has got to be:

Zhao Yun
Zhang He
Zhou Tai
Ma Chao
Zhen Ji
Ling Tong
Da Qiao
Zuo Ci
Yukimura Sanada
Hanzou Hattori
Oichi
Nene
Kotaro Fuma

btw: Zhou tai and Ma Chao ftw :)

Ma Chao with Shadow Harness ftw! :blink:

Yea Zhou Tai is awesome... in DW6 they took away his katana tho :good: I still haven't unlocked him yet but I hope he's still fun to use even with a new weapon.

I've always wondered why he even had a katana in the first place...but yeah, I hope he still rocks with whatever new weapon he's using. :P
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#9 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

I still haven't unlocked Zhou Tai... (it's pretty hard to unlock people since the game is all in Japanese ><) but here's a video I found with his new weapon. He still looks pretty badass and his jump charge is pretty sick :o

yukirin.png

#10 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

I've played every DW game since DW3.

So many great times, they just ketp throwing the same game out into the market, but it never got too tedius that I'd stop buying them. :whistle:

Shu-han for the win! :wub:

Zhuge Liang was probably my favourite character.

I coudln't stand Wei. They just reaally annoyed me. x.x

#11 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

oh damn the 6 look seriously awesome!
i cant wait to get it from 'sources' and hope i can play it when i get my new laptop :wub:

i got Musou Orochi on PC, but the storyline is lame and the 'battles' arent really 'battles' but more like missions

i like Sengoku Musou 2 the most, especially the fact that they each have 2 special moves (that doesnt require musou) and also for the battles u can choose your side, which is also much more historical as well!

i hate musou orochi how they powered down the musou move by sooooooooooooooo much :whistle:

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#12 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

oh man! I didnt even kno they had this thread....this pwns!

thx for the demo Rpger81 it lets us non-ps3 owner have a go at dw6, the graphic pwns, the fighting pwns, the game....pwns.....overall it pwns LOL

my fav from the dw series has got to be zhao yun.....nobody can ever go toe to toe wit him and come out alive ^^;
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#13 FILODUDE!

FILODUDE!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

I'm a big DW fan I've been playing since DW2 and me and my cousin spent months trying to perfect DW3(all characters and items maxed out with all 4th weapons) in the end we were stuck with zhang jiao and we just didn't have the patience, today zhang jiao is still waiting, but because of this I've played as every character in the game I'm plAying orochi on psp now and next week I'm getting my ps3 first game i'm getting is DW6

#14 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

just bought Warriors orochi and SW2... ( hard to find them here so I got pretty lucky :D )
Warriors orochi just owns :unsure:
Posted Image

#15 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

^nice :wub:

well I looked through my old collections of xbox games and came across dw 4 and dw5..........reminiscing on the old days I decided wat the heck and popped the disk into the xbox again, man I had fun playing through all the old lvls again XD
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#16 xiahou_yuan

xiahou_yuan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1997 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

seriously go buy Warriors orochi, the gameplay rules!
the story isn't as great as DW but the gameplay makes up for it :drool:

and in Warriors orochi they already fixed the names of the characters like in DW6 ( but not in DW5 )
example: Cow Cow ( Cao Cao ) is now Tsao Tsao ( Cao Cao )
same for Xing Cai, its now Zhing Tsai
I mean the pronounciation if you didn't get it.
Posted Image

#17 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

^thx for the suggestion man, I might consider it for christmas..........its definitely one of the games I wanna get on my list.

and cao cao (cow cow) is actually tsao tsao? I never knew dat XD
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#18 JayBz

JayBz

currently sig and avi-less

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

^hahah yeah if you buy the original chinese ver. you can hear their proper pronounciation.

I had to buy DW6 and ROTK 11 for the pc in chinese because it english game took forever to get released
at least now DW6 is finally out in english so i'm planning on getting it again :)

Now all i'm waiting for is Warriors Orochi 2 for the pc

#19 BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:31 AM

which one is better, Warriors Orochi 1 or 2? or should I just buy DW6 for ps2 instead?

btw, been playing DW5 on PS2 and have some question I've been having... may be redundant...
-I recently want to try and get all the 4th weapons for some of my characters. does playing on either hard or chaos difficulty level changes the level of the weapon?
- when trying to get an orb, a saddle or specific items... If I play 2-player, can I divide up the mission among us both or only one person should fulfill the mission by themselves?
for example.

Red Hare Harness
Stage: Battle of Chang Shan, Yuan Shao's forces.
Requirements: Defeat Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei within a minute of each other.
Effect: Begin the stage mounted on Red Hare, the fastest horse in the game.
Tips: You generally need to start with Zhang Fei and work your way to the left to Liu Bei, slaying Guan Yu along the way. It's best to try this one as Lu Bu (he's on the stage anyway). On easy mode it only takes a few hits for him to wipe out the brothers, so playing it on easy would be ideal.

can I and my 2nd player both fight them or I fight one and they fight the other and then the orb will appear? or either me or my 2nd player have to fight all three by ourselves? or even that I can only do it in 1-player mode.

#20 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

^hmmmm well I havent played orochi 1 & 2 YET so Id say go wit dw6.....but then again orochi is a good game or so Ive heard from xia ^^;

as for the questions I think it varies on the difficulty u play, one time I played as Zhao Yun on hard and it took me forever to get his lvl 4 weapon but I got it thankfully :D , as for my brother he also played as Zhao Yun on chaos but got it much faster then I did.......

as for the achieving the orbs and certain Items I think u can play 2 player to get the items, dats how I got one of the orbs by playing 2 player wit my brother.

hope I helped a bit but if wat I said doesnt work then Im sorry I dont kno any other way , good luck ^_^
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users