• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hey guys! Bit comet have Trojan! It has attacked my pc registry! My security suite detected spyware in bitcomet! It is high risk under Trojan!

Please check yur systems now!

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

亀井絵里:" 亀井絵里です。ちょっと素敵で、しかりものの23歳の女の子です。"

前島亜美:"超絶妹系アイドル、最年少の頑張るやい、前島亜美です!あみたで呼んでください!どうぞよろしくお願いします!”

#2 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

man, good thing I don't use bitcomet.
sometimes I use utorrent, but then I just uninstall it once I'm done. It only takes like 5 seconds to get it on your computer.

but sorry about your computer. >_>;;

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#3 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Oh snap, I use BitComet dammit, time to scan
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#4 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

good thing I use uTorrent

racequeen.jpg

#5 kicks2282

kicks2282

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

I have bitcomet on both of my computers, for more then a year. I run virus scans all the time, and don't get nothing. Are you sure you downloaded a genuine install file from their site?
I know for a fact my computers are perfectly fine with me having bitcomet for so long...

#6 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Given there's nothing mentioned on the BitComet page, or anywhere else, it's likely to be a false positive.

#7 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

Some of the newer versions come with some nasty stuff... people should just avoid this client anyways

The official BitComet website claims that "BitComet does not contain any adware or spyware"[8]. However, versions 0.85 to 0.97 contained advertising[9]. The current versions no longer contain advertising, except in the web-based search window

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#8 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:59 AM

I had been a Bitcomet user for a long time.....and I dont understand why it failed me this time.
Its is not consider as virus as my virus scan says no virus found. Its my spyware that detected this problem. I reformated my pc n clear it off. But once I install Bitcomet its back again!
Its found in registry whereby I can deleted off the Trojan unless I uninstall Bitcomet!

So is the any other torrent software I could switch to which is safer to use? I need the software in order to download Hello-online tracker files to watch! I cant live without watching H!P stuffs!

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

#9 warqueen

warqueen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:43 AM

i always used Utorrent, but all my friends (or at least most of them) use bitcomet and they never had any trouble about virus/trojan stuff...
i think it depends from where are you downloading.
Posted Image

#10 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

utorrent in Windows, Deluge in Linux. Anything else is far too bloaty in my opinion, especially Azureus.

#11 Nataku

Nataku

田中れいな's Bodyguard

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:40 AM

I had been a Bitcomet user for a long time.....and I dont understand why it failed me this time.
Its is not consider as virus as my virus scan says no virus found. Its my spyware that detected this problem. I reformated my pc n clear it off. But once I install Bitcomet its back again!
Its found in registry whereby I can deleted off the Trojan unless I uninstall Bitcomet!

So is the any other torrent software I could switch to which is safer to use? I need the software in order to download Hello-online tracker files to watch! I cant live without watching H!P stuffs!

Its a false positive, 99% sure of it

it will be fixed with a bitcomet patch or your next windows update

I've used bitcomet for years and no virus or trojan of any kind unless the content you downloaded had virus or trojan

You should rename the title, but don't think that you can

#12 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

@Natakublaze:

I tried with windows update....but the trojan is still there! Guess I have to try utorrent after I finish my current downloads....

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

#13 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

This is old news. But it's good that you started a thread about it. Same goes for BitLord that is exactly the same thing as BitComet. Use Azureus or µTorrent. On most trackers I know about it's not even allowed to use BitComet/BitLord.

#14 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

The worst thing now is that µTorrent has Trojan as well.. Trojan is affecting the system files!
OMG!!!!! I'm fainting!

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

#15 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

lol then it's most likely your antivirus software failing.

#16 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

I don't use Bitcomet anyway and I don't have it. I use to but it wasn't right for me. It didn't do jack to my computer while I had it so. Now I have uttorent and thats where I get most of my touhou songs from anyway and some other downloads but just mostly touhou songs.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#17 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

Now utorrent?? I'm starting to wonder if you're downloading from the official sites or not... especially "hacked" clients that 3rd party people release to fake ratio on trackers :gitaa:

yukirin.png

#18 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

I only download from Hello-online tracker......Apparently I have many friends having trojan problem from torrents software....It depends on which anti-virus and anti-spyware software used.
Those free versions doesnt scan everything and clears everything. But mine is not......I paid yearly for the sercuity system. I wonder why is like this......Guess I dont have a choice as I have to download
H!P stuffs to see! These gals are my inspiration! Seeing them makes my day!

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

#19 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

Wait, so you are getting the alerts from the files you download with your client, or the client itself? Now I'm confused :P

yukirin.png

#20 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

We used to have bitorrent, but we got rid of it because it was stupid, adware popped up on the bitorrent, and it got annoying. So we canceled it after 2 days, and wola, Utorrent came. Hopefully, the isass trojan file on our computer isn't from Bitorrent. The only thing that thing does is makes programs such as WMM and picture uploading slow.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users