#1 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

Posted Image

Any Wink fans here?
They were a highly popular Japanese female pop duo in Japan from the late 1980s to the early 1990s, and were famous for having 5 successive no. 1 singles from late 1988 to early 1990. H!P's W, the Tsuji-Kago pop duo, also seems to have been modelled on Wink:

Wink - Wiki.theppn

Wink (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wink - Japanese Wikipedia

s-Wink (singles data)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And here are my 3 favourite songs by them:

愛が止まらない 〜Turn It Into Love〜 (Ai ga Tomaranai ~Turn It Into Love~)

愛が止まらない 〜Turn It Into Love〜 (Extended Remix)

涙をみせないで 〜Boys Don't Cry〜 (Namida wo Misenaide ~Boys Don't Cry~)

涙をみせないで ~Boys Don't Cry~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOp7Jd0BpuA
-boys don't cry-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csw4GKCQikM

One Night In Heaven 〜真夜中のエンジェル〜 (One Night in Heaven ~Mayonaka no Angel~)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnNTyle8d7U
One Night in Heaven~真夜中のエンジェル(Extended Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzs8ag7FQc0

Edited by faraithi, 05 November 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#2 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

^Another Wink fan here. My favourite from them are
アマリリス (amaryllis)
背徳のシナリオ (Haitoku no Scenario)
いつまでも好きでいたくて (Itsumademo Suki de Itakute)

Not surprised that W was model after them since the debuted with a cover of 淋しい熱帯魚 (Sabishi Nettaigyo). Also helps that 相田翔子 (Aida Shoko) is under UFA.

PS- You've got good taste in music. Would be scary if you also like other old school stuff such as Zard, Nori-P, Shizuka Kudou, and Miho Nakayama.

#3 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

^Another Wink fan here. My favourite from them are...

Many thanks for those links, Saeba! :) and for alerting me to that Japanese Youtuber, who seems to like Wink's less famous singles...

Not surprised that W was model after them since the debuted with a cover of 淋しい熱帯魚 (Sabishi Nettaigyo).

Actually, W debuted with a cover of 恋のバカンス (Romaji: Koi no Vacance; English: Love's Vacance) by The Peanuts.

Also helps that 相田翔子 (Aida Shoko) is under UFA.

Oh, that's news to me... and I've just found her Up-Front page here:

相田翔子オフィシャルサイト:Blue Star
http://www.aida-shoko.com/

I wonder what happened to Suzuki-san...

Would be scary if you also like other old school stuff such as Zard, Nori-P, Shizuka Kudou, and Miho Nakayama.

Basically, I like ANY kind of music as long as I like the MELODY... and yes, I like ZARD very, VERY MUCH!!! XD ;) :wub:

But why would it be "scary", may I ask? :D

#4 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

^ Not meant to be an insult just that in all the forums that I've been to and in all the favourite/recommended j-pop threads I've read, I could count the number of times that one of my favourite (Zard, Chisato, Wink etc) was mentioned on one hand. You are probably the one of the only person that has the same favourites as me.

Oh and about W's debut, my memory must have been a bit fuzzy. It's probably due to the fact that 淋しい熱帯魚 (Samishi Nettaigyo) was the first song I heard W perform in a concert.

#5 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

^ Not meant to be an insult just that in all the forums that I've been to and in all the favourite/recommended j-pop threads I've read, I could count the number of times that one of my favourite (Zard, Chisato, Wink etc) was mentioned on one hand. You are probably the one of the only person that has the same favourites as me.

Ah, I see what you mean now! :lol: You've probably seen/like this page then, if you haven't already come across it:

Encyclopedia Idollica - 80s Classic JPop
http://www.idollica.com/

btw, I've just discovered another Wink single that I like:

Wink トゥインクル トゥインクル PV

#6 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

^ I'm quite familiar with the Idollica website, thanks.

Would you know where to find the video of Especially For You that Wink filmed in LA. I really loved Shoko's hair (multiple pigtails on one side) in that video. I still have the VHS for that but I fear the day the tape deteriorates. Youtube deleted the video as usual and the only thing left is this video which contains only the audio.

And speaking of Shoko this video really made me love her.

-Extended Version.

#7 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

Would you know where to find the video of Especially For You that Wink filmed in LA. I really loved Shoko's hair (multiple pigtails on one side) in that video. I still have the VHS for that but I fear the day the tape deteriorates. Youtube deleted the video as usual and the only thing left is this video which contains only the audio.

Oh wow! This is my first time hearing Wink's cover version! and I'm already preferring it to the original...I'm actually listening to it now as I'm typing this post...and as you can probably guess by now, I'm afraid I have no idea how to get a copy of the video... perhaps you could try contacting the label that Wink was under back in the late 1980s and early 1990s? ^^;

btw, although I'm a fan of Wink, I'm still quite a newbie... :( I only discovered them via YouTube sometime during the past 2 years...

And speaking of Shoko this video really made me love her.

-Extended Version.

Yes, I seem to remember seeing that vid before...and yes, Aida-san has always been the prettier of the 2...I wonder why/how she lost the "Up to boy" beauty contest to Suzuki-san, whose looks did not attract me as much as did Aida's when I first came across Wink...

#8 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

^ If you are a relative newbie to Wink you might want to know that Shoko and Kaori Iida did some work together in Greece.

Oh you're not the only one to think Shoko was the prettier of the two. If you haven't seen it yet check out the performance of 愛が止まらない 〜Turn It Into Love〜 (Ai ga Tomaranai ~Turn It Into Love~) that H!P did for Music Fair 21. Maki, Rika and Nachhi got Shoko's lines while Hitomi, Kei and Kaori got Sachiko's.

#9 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

^ If you are a relative newbie to Wink you might want to know that Shoko and Kaori Iida did some work together in Greece.

Thanks for that link! I'd never seen that before, although I'd read that they'd both collaborated on some work together somewhere...

If you haven't seen it yet check out the performance of 愛が止まらない 〜Turn It Into Love〜 (Ai ga Tomaranai ~Turn It Into Love~) that H!P did for Music Fair 21. Maki, Rika and Nachhi got Shoko's lines while Hitomi, Kei and Kaori got Sachiko's.

Thanks for the link again! But I'd already seen this last year, and was pleasantly surprised that the Gold-Era Musumes were given the opportunity to do a cover version of it... ^^;

Incidentally, when I said that I'm a newbie, I might have exaggerated a little... :( I'm quite familiar with their more famous singles and most of the H!P-related trivia about them, but I'm still a newbie when it comes to their not-so-famous songs, especially non-singles songs, and the non-music aspect of their personalities, as well as their TV appearances, photobooks, etc.

#10 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

Can't let this thread die and be forgotten. Hopefully some more fans will appear soon. In the mean time I'm surprised that a PV was made for Mighty Mighty Love since it wasn't one of their singles.

#11 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

^ Many thanks, Saeba! XD

*sigh* it looks like there are very few old-fashioned J-pop fans here at H!O... :D

#12 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

Here's something unusual I found. 淋しい熱帯魚 (Samishi Nettaigyo) was covered by a group called The Nolans. It's usually Wink doing the covers.

#13 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

Here's something unusual I found. 淋しい熱帯魚 (Samishi Nettaigyo) was covered by a group called The Nolans. It's usually Wink doing the covers.

I'd heard it before last year, but I used to think that 'Tidal Wave' was originally by The Nolans, and Wink's version was a cover...

#14 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

Something I discovered recently is that Shoko Aida sang one of the background songs for the movie ほたるの星 (Hotaru no Hoshi) starring Risako of Berryz Kobou (with cameos from Yurina Kumai and Chisato Okai). You can see them in a film festival here. Shoko is in black.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XPpT-OoQWas

And here's ほたる列車 the song she did for the movie. The clip starts at 4:25.

#15 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

^ Many thanks, Saeba! B) Keep them coming!

btw, I'm still looking for their "Especially For You" cover that was removed from YouTube some time ago... x_x I really miss it, and I'd like to hear it again...

#16 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

^ You're not the only pissed about Youtube removing that video :angry:
Here's a temporary solution for you until the video gets uploaded somewhere again.
http://www.imeem.com...cially_for_you/

#17 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

^ Oh, wow! :angry:
Many thanks, Saeba! Posted Image
That's more than enough for me right now! :P

#18 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

Look at what got posted up recently ^_^
Hopefully YT won't delete it this time.

#19 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

^ At last! ^_^
Many thanks, Saeba-san! Posted Image
btw, I had to leave out the "&fmt=18" to access the clip...

EDIT: the "&fmt=18" works now! ^_^ And I've even saved the mp4 file into my computer, just in case YouTube deletes it again.

And I also just discovered this:

YouTube - Wink きっと熱いくちびる~リメイン~

(EDIT: you can add "&fmt=18" or "&fmt=6" to this URL too!)

It's not among my favourite Wink songs, but the highlight of that clip, for me, was the light banter at the start between Aida Shouko and the great Shimura Ken (who's 20 years older than her), both of whom were born in:

Higashimurayama, Tokyo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia....murayama,_Tokyo

#20 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

OMG i randomly took a listen to Wink on youtube in the related videos and they sound GOOD! then i wondered if there was a thread on them on H!O and then only to find out that the thread was created by none other then FARAITHI HIMSELF!

ps: nice to to see eyou again. thought you died. lol
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users