• Please log in to reply
10555 replies to this topic

#21 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

wahh i totallyy wanna see the movie, even if i cant understand it at all http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c20.gif

I'm sure they'll have English subtitles.

HK films usually have both English and Chinese subtitles on the screen.

It seems since Aibon has been learning Chinese, that there won't be any dubbing over Aibon's voice.

She should be able to learn her lines phonetically, so we have to hope that the producer and director decide that Aibon's Cantonese/Mandarin is good enough to be heard by the HK/China audience. But then again, if Aibon is playing the role of a Japanese woman in HK (I'm still not sure whether the female boss, who's Aibon's character's sister, of the restaurant is Japanese or not), then perhaps all her lines are in Japanese, and we could get to hear her Japanese-speaking voice!

..Because dubbing over Aibon's voice is sacrelidge.

Do you mean "sacrilege"?

#22 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

So, we've all decided that the movie is in Cantonese http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/tongue.gif and according to Wu Vaness's wiki page he speaks fluent English and Mandarin so I wonder what his dialogue will be. Is Cantonese similar enough to Mandarin to be easily understood by both Cantonese and Mandarin speakers?

#23 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

Do you mean "sacrilege"?

*sigh*
I'm just making all the typos today. And that one completely ruined the mood. u.u

I figure since Mandarin is more common/universal and has less tones than Cantonese that the movie will be in Mandarin.
She mentions Ni Hao as one of the few words she remembers. Ni Hao is Mandarin, not Cantonese, right?
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#24 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

So, we've all decided that the movie is in Cantonese XD and according to Wu Vaness's wiki page he speaks fluent English and Mandarin so I wonder what his dialogue will be.

I'm afraid I've not concluded that the movie will be entirely in Cantonese, especially nowadays since HK is now controlled by the Chinese government in Beijing, HK might feel pressured to release a Mandarin dub of their films, and I've seen quite a few HK films which were originally in Cantonese, but dubbed in Mandarin for release outside of HK.

Is Cantonese similar enough to Mandarin to be easily understood by both Cantonese and Mandarin speakers?

From my experience, I'm afraid it's not similar enough... ^^; Cantonese is a southern Chinese dialect, whereas Mandarin is a northern Chinese dialect. If you're familiar with the English language spoken in England, the northern English accent/dialect can be quite hard for the southerners to understand.

I figure since Mandarin is more common/universal and has less tones than Cantonese that the movie will be in Mandarin.
She mentions Ni Hao as one of the few words she remembers. Ni Hao is Mandarin, not Cantonese, right?

Yes, it's Mandarin. And Mandarin is more universal/common right now, but I'm still not sure what the final outcome will be...

#25 icube2k

icube2k

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

It's nothing major. But since Aibon's name is mentioned, so I'll post it.

Video> http://www.ohmynews..../20080523/25438
Article> http://www.ohmynews..../20080523/25444

#26 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

Just in case anyone here hasn't noticed, I've uploaded this video clip onto the Tracker:

Aibon & Nono Meet James Brown In 2002

So for those of you Aibon fans who haven't seen Aibon in this, and want to see more of her, feel free to download it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:15 AM

I couldn't think of where to post this, so I was going to post it in the Tsuji/Kago thread since they were 50% of Mini Moni, but that thread seems to no longer exist so the Kago thread will have to do:

Weezer threw a bunch of youtube memes into their new video which includes the prairie dog from that old Mini Moni segment, which isn't surprising, what I found strange was they actually dressed some (clearly much older and taller) asian girls like Mini Moni for a few brief seconds in the video:

Again, I didn't know where to post this or if anyone cares, just think it's interesting to see H!P acknowledged(they look like they are even wearing hello project shirts) in any capacity.

#28 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:19 AM

but that thread seems to no longer exist

It's pinned.

It amuses me so much that they called him James Browndo. http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/laugh.gif
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago

#29 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

^ i also find it kinda ironic that they are the first video too xD
to bad noone can tell its Hello! Project, but yeah

ahh and i as just watching ミニモニ。数え歌 and i cant beleive i forgot how cute aibon is in it~

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#30 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:37 AM

(they look like they are even wearing hello project shirts)

They do. http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/blink.gif
I wonder where they got the shirts.

Weezer are secretly Minimoni fans. http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/laugh.gif

Rivers Cuomo could be browsing the thread right now. http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c20.gif

I love Weezer. Loved them ever since I saw their Buddy Holly music video when it first came out years ago.

If only it could bring some popularity to Minimoni and therefor Kago.
Who knows, subliminally...maybe it could. 8D

Like someone will eventually come across one of the "Original Dramatic Chipmunk" videos and go "Hey, I've seen that in the Weezer video...I wonder who these girls are."
Or better yet, maybe the Weezer video will send some people searching for it.

I think this is the first meme tribute video I've seen that had the "Original Dramatic Chipmunk" video instead of just the Dramatic Chipmunk.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago

#31 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

^ i also find it kinda ironic that they are the first video too http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c20.gif
to bad noone can tell its Hello! Project, but yeah

ahh and i as just watching ミニモニ。数え歌 and i cant beleive i forgot how cute aibon is in it~

Now that I watch it again, when they are doing that multiple shirt parody one of the band members for about half a second is wearing a shirt with a smaller version of the Mini Moni Chiccha creature on it.

Weezer are secretly Minimoni fans. laugh.gif

I think this is the first meme tribute video I've seen that had the "Original Dramatic Chipmunk" video instead of just the Dramatic Chipmunk.

Well, Pinkerton did have a song about falling for a Japanese fan. Kinda hope it wasn't Kago though since she would've been about 8 at the time.

And yeah, that's why I thought it was interesting. Weezer or whoever directed the video clearly watched the entire episode instead of just the 6 second clip that became popular.

#32 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

it looks like they even remember mika had blue one (the random hand way on the left has a blue sleve on) or they just forgot mika
o.o but thats so weird how they got the shirts to be almost exactly the same
i wonder if they contacted H!P?

oh sheesh, this post needs aibon-ness ^^;
Posted Image

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#33 kelsey

kelsey

Little Charles, Duchess Of Aikastan

• Banned
  • 1696 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:50 AM

english article on kago chan!

http://www.japantoda...-cutting-wrists

#34 MoogleMan

MoogleMan

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

I'm afraid I've not concluded that the movie will be entirely in Cantonese, especially nowadays since HK is now controlled by the Chinese government in Beijing, HK might feel pressured to release a Mandarin dub of their films, and I've seen quite a few HK films which were originally in Cantonese, but dubbed in Mandarin for release outside of HK.

From my experience, I'm afraid it's not similar enough... <3 Cantonese is a southern Chinese dialect, whereas Mandarin is a northern Chinese dialect. If you're familiar with the English language spoken in England, the northern English accent/dialect can be quite hard for the southerners to understand.

Yes, it's Mandarin. And Mandarin is more universal/common right now, but I'm still not sure what the final outcome will be...

There would likely end up being both cantonese and mandarin versions of the movie, just because of mainland now. Although it wouldn't be unusual for the movie to be released with some people speaking mandarin and some cantonese just because it's easier for cantonese speakers to know mandarin than vice versa; and being dubbed for mainland audiences.

I personally don't think they differ that much, as I said before it's just easier for cantonese speakers to learn mandarin than vice versa, particularly HK cantonese. Personally speaking as a cantonese speaker, I know I can understand mandarin, just because of similarities and some basic patterns of pronounciation differences.

But yeah, Kago will almost definately be learning mandarin and not cantonese, just because most non native speakers will find it easier to learn mandarin compared to cantonese, although I find that the pronounciations of kanji in japanese are more often more similar to cantonese than mandarin.

#35 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Now I'm all confused! :D

Ah, she must be REAL busy..............no update on the blog.

#36 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

There would likely end up being both cantonese and mandarin versions of the movie, just because of mainland now.

Yes, I'm aware of this possibility.

Although it wouldn't be unusual for the movie to be released with some people speaking mandarin and some cantonese...

Also because of the greater presence of the Mandarin-speaking authorities in HK since 1997 when HK was given back to China by Britain.

But yeah, Kago will almost definately be learning mandarin and not cantonese, just because most non native speakers will find it easier to learn mandarin compared to cantonese, although I find that the pronounciations of kanji in japanese are more often more similar to cantonese than mandarin.

I've heard many native speakers of the Hokkien (or Fukien/Fujian) and Taiwanese dialect saying that Japanese is surprisingly most similar to these 2 dialects among all the other Chinese dialects, and generally more similar to southern and central Chinese dialects than northern ones.

But I think Kago will probably be actually learning both Cantonese and Mandarin while she's in HK; and common sense tells me that she'll be hearing more Cantonese than Mandarin during her stay in HK since Cantonese is the native tongue of most HKers.

#37 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

Learning both would be a little hard :) I understand mandarin myself but I've tried learning cantonese but it was too tough :) Hopefully Aibon does'nt get too stressed out learning both :D
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#38 icube2k

icube2k

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

聞こえるよ♪
2008/5/24 20:00 日記

亜依ちゃん!
亜依ぼん!
加護ちゃん!

みんなのコメントたくさんで文字だけしか無いけど声が聞こえたような
感じがします☆
ありがとう~~~☆

昨日はブログ書けなくてごめんね、、、。
寂しかった??笑

昨日は今朝の8時まで撮影していたのです。
今日も朝まで撮影で逆生活の始まりです。

眠気よ、どうか来ないで下さい。

よし、がんばります!!

またあとで!!

何となく日本が恋しくなってきた 笑

ai

Check out H!B for translation of recent articles about Kago Ai.

#39 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

眠気よ、どうか来ないで下さい。

She sounds very tired...

#40 icube2k

icube2k

5th gen member

• Kouhai