• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:45 AM

Since there is already a "saddest jdrama" thread, I think a thread like this should be okay too.

What are the funniest jdrama you have watched? They can be clever or silly, but they've made you laugh a lot.

I can recommend these:

Nodame Cantabile
Mirai Koshi Meguru
Anna-san no Omame

What about you?

#2 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

i have only watched about 16 series and most of them haven't been the comedy type... but i thought Galcir was damn funny. <3

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#3 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

I haven't watched many and haven't really been looking for comedies. The funniest I've watched is probably HanaKimi. :(

#4 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

HanaKimi was great.
I recently marathoned Hotaru no Hikari, which was awesome. Ayase Haruka was so funny in this one. Highly recommended!
Hana Yori Dango has some great moments as well, even though it's not really a laugh-out-loud type series.

#5 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

Out of those mentioned I've only seen Hana Yori Dango, and I agree, it has very funny moments too. As a person interested in languages, I appreciate the language based humor there. (I watched it about a year ago though, so I don't really remember details, I'll probably rewatch it one day.)

After Sekai no Chuushin and (especially) Byakuyakou, I guess it'd be refreshing to see the funny side of Haruka Ayase...

Oh, and thanks for your replies everyone, this thread will be useful when I need something fun to watch. :whistle:

#6 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

i dunno ive really only seen 1 comedy and it was Haken no Hinkaku last year, the main Haken is hilarious! and Ai Kato looks great

h_obanner.jpg

#7 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Densha Otoko?

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#8 suaracheerios

suaracheerios

Clinically proven to lower cholesterol!

• Senpai
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:27 AM

Stand Up! was funny! Haven't finished it yet but it has a lot of laughing for sure. Going to add pressure in suggesting HanaKimi, not only is it funny but super cute too~. <_< Ohhhhh, I've also been watching Zettai Kareshi, majorly cute and funny also.

ATTENTION PLEASE! I just remembered it right now. This one has got to be my favorite and it's Aya Ueto! :blink:

Why... American food... BIG SIZE?

#9 Asp

Asp

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

So nobody even mentions My Boss My Hero??? That one was funny :whistle:

I also liked Kekkon Dekinai Otoko but it has a different kind of humour
By nono:)bbz, thanks!
Posted Image

#10 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

ATTENTION PLEASE! I just remembered it right now. This one has got to be my favorite and it's Aya Ueto! :D

Attention Please was my first dorama, it really is nice. :) (But was it funny too? Yeah, most likely it was, I already start forgetting my first ones... At first I thought, I would never rewatch a series, but now there are many that I could watch a second time.)

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

Nodame Cantabile
My Boss My Hero

My Top Comedy j-doramas hehehe ^_^

Posted Image

#12 suaracheerios

suaracheerios

Clinically proven to lower cholesterol!

• Senpai
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

But was it funny too?

Definitely! I think I laughed out loud at least once every episode, and even got my mom hooked to it. ^_^
I never thought I'd want to rewatch a series again either, but reminiscing about them makes me want to soon.

Why... American food... BIG SIZE?

#13 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

Shimokita Sundays starring Aya Ueto! very funny and very inspiration too!

Posted Image

And I agree with cheerios! Attention Please! is very fine and very funny! Aya Ueto is queen of TV comedy! I ordered DVD for Abarenbo Mama too!

Posted Image
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#14 kazuma2387

kazuma2387

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

So nobody even mentions My Boss My Hero??? That one was funny ^^;

I also liked Kekkon Dekinai Otoko but it has a different kind of humour

I totally agree, My Boss My Hero and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko are the two funniest dramas ive seen, if you havent seen them you should

#15 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

I recently finished watching 9 episode series Shimokita Sundays starring Aya Ueto, and easy to understand why she is so popular for comedy series actress!

Ueto plays role of Yuika Satonaka, she is beginning university student, daughter of two biological scientists who live in country prefecture. Yuika comes to Tokyo to attend prestigious Chiba University, but she is not so much interested in her studies or her life. She becomes inspired when she sees a surprise performance by some unsuccessful acting group from Shimokita which is kind of experimental theater district of Tokyo, and she makes audition to join with them! With her silly help, this acting group begins to realize their dreams!

This series is very funny, also serious about different ways to understand and find personal goals and dreams. I very much recommend this series, which is available in typical Silent Regrets and d-addicts with subtitles. I actually purchased this series in eBay because I want to keep and watch several times in my life! Of course Aya Ueto is very fine actress in this series, funny and serious together, and all cast is very very fine too!

Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#16 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

^ That sounds interesting, and I really want to see more Aya Ueto! I will definitely give it a try a bit later. So many good suggestions here already, keep them coming. :o

#17 kookyprincess22

kookyprincess22

Love <3 Ai

• Banned
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

Nobuta

#18 X_Maimi

X_Maimi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

Attention please
Hana yori dango has funny bits...especially with tsukasa's funny japanese
Nobuta wo produce
Kimi wa petto

I tend to watch more sad doramas like 1 litre of tears and Last friends

Posted Image
myspace livejournal
Primadonnnaaa~~~

#19 kyo_samurai_deeper

kyo_samurai_deeper

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

i highly recommended my boss my hero :good:
the first 10 minutes in first episode already make you laugh like hell :lol:
i also like densha otoko as it has it owns style. furthermore it really inspire
nodame is also funny :)

#20 マイマイチュー

マイマイチュー

MaiMai~

• Senpai
  • 1972 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

2 hilarious J-Dramas that are both airing this season are Kimi Hannin Janai Yo Ne? and Puzzle, although Puzzle is also a horror (Funny during the funny parts and scary during the scary parts. All in all 2 really great shows.

MAI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users