Photo

High-King (ハイ- キング)

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#1 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

yup so most of ya'll already know about them but they are a new H!P to promote the Cinderella Musical

Posted Image

starring

* Takahashi Ai (高橋愛) (Morning Musume)
* Tanaka Reina (田中れいな) (Morning Musume)
* Shimizu Saki (清水佐紀) (Berryz Koubou)
* Yajima Maimi (矢島舞美) (°C-ute)
* Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳) (Hello! Pro Egg)

their first single is called Cinderella/Complex and will be released 2008.06.11

preview here:

I personally really love C/C and I am thin king of buying it. they all look so cool in their costumes XD

#2 ck2

ck2

BATE is something that I REALLY need to MASTER

• Banned
  • 1762 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

I was gonna create this thread after the C\C thread @ General was created, but I thought the C\C thread is enough :P ..............................................

and I still do XD

LOL

anyway,

I'll try to spam here as well XD

#3 phishn37

phishn37

Here Sakitty Sakitty

• Senpai
  • 2233 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

Ooh, thanks for making a thread for them ~ !

Super exited for High-King and C/C!
Posted Image
Please visit my sort-of H!P blog at Mk no Blog

S/mileage Saikou! Other favorites: Ogawa Saki, Shimizu Saki, Tsugunaga Momoko, Sugaya Risako, Tanaka Reina, Fukada Kanon, Okai Chisato, Suzuki Airi

#4 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:40 PM

I'm so happy to see Shimizu Saki in a unit. I could have done without Reina being there, but anyway, this group looks pretty good. C/C will have to grow on me, but I'm hoping for a cool music video with lots of dancing for it. And not just close-ups of Takahashi and Tanaka. :wub:

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

#5 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

Hope they get some good appearances with talks on some music shows to promote the single/musical.

Hiking with High King!

#6 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

omg I love the pv. it looks so cool

#7 Cherryblossom48

Cherryblossom48

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

i have just listened to the b-side and im loving that as well
its more what i was expecting and you get to hear the others sing beside reina and ai!!!!!!!

#8 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

just saw the pv and i love this group...Reina looks good, the egg is cute and the other 3 are great to of course

h_obanner.jpg

#9 Kreuz

Kreuz

YOMIKI 4ever!!! <3 <3 <3

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

I like the song and the PV is not boring...
wiiii... waiting for the performances
Posted Image
¡Está de regreso! My Dearest...

#10 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3

Aya Matsuura's #1 fangirl in a sea of fanboys

• Senpai
  • 1767 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

Is it just me or goes Yuuka sound just like Momoko from Berryz? :(
And I'd like the PV more if there was less Ai and Reina :P But it's good - it fits the song (even though I still can't see how the song will promote the musical...)

Posted Image

#11 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:56 AM

^
Yeah, Yuuka sounds just like the high-pitched Momo's voice. But Momo has a deep voice (that she rarely uses) too.

And even though I love all the members in this unit, it's still very weird why they didn't make this an MM subgroup (Ai+Reina+a couple of girls more). Cinderella Complex is the unit that will promote MM's Cinderella musical, which doesn't have Kids or Eggs on any role, not even background dancers. I mean... they don't lack good dancers in MM. In fact, dancing is possibly the best thing they're good at :D
Though it's Tsunku's choice to pimp the non-MM girls, even if I don't agree with it. But I think he still understands that he's not wasting an opportunity when he promotes the MM girls in groups other than MM. So that's why I think that Reina and Ai are prominently featured in the video. They're leads in MM, and MM as a whole needs more public acknowledge. So.. this group may put MM in the spotlight a bit more, depending on other factors of course.
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#12 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:58 AM

well i actually thought Yuka was Momoko for a sec because her and Risako are the only two i actually can recognize at the moment from Berryz or C-ute :D .
Maimi looks cute tho, is she the fast girl?

h_obanner.jpg

#13 Kreuz

Kreuz

YOMIKI 4ever!!! <3 <3 <3

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:23 AM

drahzaar yeah... she's the fast girl
I have seen the Pv like 3 or 4 times, and I just noticed something in the choreography: SOME BOYS! TOUCH!!!!
Posted Image
¡Está de regreso! My Dearest...

#14 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3

Aya Matsuura's #1 fangirl in a sea of fanboys

• Senpai
  • 1767 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

And even though I love all the members in this unit, it's still very weird why they didn't make this an MM subgroup (Ai+Reina+a couple of girls more). Cinderella Complex is the unit that will promote MM's Cinderella musical, which doesn't have Kids or Eggs on any role, not even background dancers. I mean... they don't lack good dancers in MM. In fact, dancing is possibly the best thing they're good at http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/laugh.gif
Though it's Tsunku's choice to pimp the non-MM girls, even if I don't agree with it. But I think he still understands that he's not wasting an opportunity when he promotes the MM girls in groups other than MM. So that's why I think that Reina and Ai are prominently featured in the video. They're leads in MM, and MM as a whole needs more public acknowledge. So.. this group may put MM in the spotlight a bit more, depending on other factors of course.

I can see why Tsunku chose the members he chose though: Ai because she's the leader of Momusu, Reina because... god, she's been everywhere lately, Saki and Maimi because they are the leaders of their groups, and Yuuka because she's one of the most popular, if not most involved, eggs. It makes sense, and it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't just made for the musical http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c33.gif

And yeah, I have to say Saki and Maimi did a really great job in the PV XD

Posted Image

#15 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

I can see why Tsunku chose the members he chose though: Ai because she's the leader of Momusu, Reina because... god, she's been everywhere lately, Saki and Maimi because they are the leaders of their groups, and Yuuka because she's one of the most popular, if not most involved, eggs. It makes sense, and it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't just made for the musical XD

[offtopic] On the whole picture though, Ai has gotten way more spotlight than Reina. Lead singer on pretty much every single since Do It Now, protagonist role on two big musical collaborations with Takarazuka, feature on all the shuffle groups created since she's joined H!P? And Reina was featured a lot until 2005, then got the spotlight again around late 2007. [/offtopic]

I guess when they promote Cinderella Complex (on shows/stores/billboards), they'll say something about the Cinderella musical (although it starts more than two months later than the single release..). Other than that.. I don't think they'll perform the song at the actual musical. http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/c20.gif
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#16 REtiRO

REtiRO

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Huhu High King...
Man I just manage to watch the PV and listen the song...
Man its really great! Love it!
But It bothers me... are they just gonna disband after the promotion....
@.@ Lots of group these days... its hard to keep up...

I like their image though... the Cover looks great! :)
I love the limited edition cover best... ofcz its limited edition... x_x

Attached Files

Posted Image

#17 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

sometimes i feel bad for poor Tsunku who has to write for so many groups and solo's that he knows wont make it big, but if they had to keep a group im picking this one right now :)
Kreuz_Asakura: i didn't notice that but maybe it subliminally affected my judgement lol

h_obanner.jpg

#18 phishn37

phishn37

Here Sakitty Sakitty

• Senpai
  • 2233 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

They probably will only release one single, because they're a promotion group. I'm sad to see them go so fast ~ !
Posted Image
Please visit my sort-of H!P blog at Mk no Blog

S/mileage Saikou! Other favorites: Ogawa Saki, Shimizu Saki, Tsugunaga Momoko, Sugaya Risako, Tanaka Reina, Fukada Kanon, Okai Chisato, Suzuki Airi

#19 Chachimaru

Chachimaru

Her whisper is the Lucifer

• Senpai
  • 2276 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

^ ahh yeah, the song/group is kinda growing on me~
maybe if this single sells really really they'll do another one

......................................................”ねえ、ナナ。。。"

Posted Image

#20 ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3