Photo

Which MM member is going to graduate soon?

• Please log in to reply
2084 replies to this topic

#1841 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

^Of course we are just assuming and anything is possible but Haachin's still 19 years old, so it's still inside that logic. Sakura, Masaki and Miki are also 19 years old, so they are the most likely to be next. I think being 18-19 years old is the biggest sign of likely graduation until they are 20 and become part of the members who will remain until they get tired of the idol life. Kaedi is also likely to graduate since she's 18 years old, but it's very soon for her and the same time it wouldn't surprise me.

Morning Musume'19

#1842 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

I agree that age is a factor, but we'd have to take the Japanese school system into that consideration as well. For example there's only a 2 month age difference between Sakura and Masaki, but that's a whole school year in Japan - Sakura graduated from high school last year, Masaki did so this year. Similarly, Oharu graduated last year, Miki this year. It might be possible that both Masaki and Miki still consider going to college/university, but I think Sakura has already made up her mind not to go as she's already one year over the mark. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1843 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

If we're gonna go by college age the next two we should look into are Makino and Yokoyama who are now seniors in high school.

I8dtEOy.gif

#1844 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

^^Yeah for the same reason I mentioned the ages 18-19 because that's the time where they have already graduated, and have to consider going to college or not. I think neither Sakura, Masaka and Miki (Maybe Kaede) are safe until 2020.

^And Chisaki who's 18 years old already.

Morning Musume'19

#1845 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

Y’all are forgetting that Ogata’s isn’t a normal going to college situation. It’s because she failed to get into one (hence why she’s a bit older than most are when they go) and now has to go to a junior college for hours every single day. If she had gotten into a four year college she likely would have stayed because apparently university in Japan is a breeze once you get in.

Most people know whether they’re going to college by the time they’ve graduated unless they blew it.

#1846 anli1

anli1

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

I wasn't expecting Ogata Haruna to graduate anytime soon.

I think that the next one to graduate after Ogata Haruna might be Ikuta Erina or Iikubo Haruna,

#1847 otaku2009

otaku2009

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

Masaki said on the radio that she planned to graduate this year but because of Ogata she couldn’t (i wonder why) so the Give me more love curse was real or the members agreed to graduate with this order ? XD

#1848 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

After I saw the announcement about Yokoyan,
I am thinking of the Ayumin's musical costume graduation curse picture in the last page
Hope Yokoyan can stay strong and her family can get over the pain, so she can stay longer in MM

#1849 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

honestly if the girl is strong enough to continue to be professional and perform a play and a concert then i don't think she's graduating because of something sad anytime soon lol

the girl is truly a fighter. got nothing but respect for her, i know i couldn't have done what she did especially at her age <3 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#1850 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

One problem is that we don't know if her father is the main source of the family income
Her mother may have economic pressures and then Yokoyan has to do something to help

#1851 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

I feel like maachan might be next.... 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#1852 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

sato

Proud Usachan Creep

#1853 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

My thought was also Maachan before Yokoyan's announcement
Now I am not sure

#1854 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

^I agree that Yokoyan's situation is something to worry about. 

She is really young and losing a parent is something terrible. 

We should also take in consideration that Yoko's mother might wanna move back to Saitama to be with family. 

It also kind of depends if her father died suddenly or was ill. If he was ill it might have been less of a shock, not less terrible, but she might have been thinking about the future with her family. 

If he died suddenly she might overthink being a member of Morning Musume. 

I do think she will do fine if she stays. She is young, talented, adorable and she showed such professionalism these last past days. 

It is a possibility that she might graduate, but she might also wanna honour her dad by staying. 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#1855 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

Given Yokoyan's more OCD-like tendencies, it's possible that throwing herself into work may be her chosen method of coping.  If that ends up being the case, I'd be as worried about eventual burnout.  However, with the way she soldiered through the end of the tour with only the smallest indication of any personal issues, if she doesn't announce a graduation during the summer harocon, I imagine she'll be around for a few more years.

At this point though, the only people that could possibly surprise me are Akane or Maria if either of them were to make an announcement.  Everyone else just seems like fair game.

#1856 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

sato masaki, but i hope she doesn't leave.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#1857 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:07 AM

Maachan is the most likely, I could say Sakura or Miki but Sakura seems to enjoy her position in the group, and Miki's role keeps getting bigger.

Morning Musume'19

#1858 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

I think it's Masaki. :(

Someone mentioned that maybe Yokoyan's family could be under economic stress with her father passing away, but Morning Musume is a job which she gets paid for. It's unlikely she'd make more money finding a part time job elsewhere, so I don't see how her quitting would help that situation. Saitama is not far from Tokyo, and plenty of people commute from there for work, even if she does end up moving back there with her family.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#1859 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

Hm. I think Masaki mentioned in an interview (or was it on Young Town?) that she originally wanted to graduate this year, but Oharu's graduation came in the way. Personally I think you could easily graduate two members in a year, especially if not both are among the most famous members (like they killed the MM buzz back then when they graduated Abe, Aibon, Nono, Kaorin and Rika back to back (in 18 months; additionally to that Mari also left before Rika), so it makes me wonder if Masaki would still announce her graduation for this year, waits until next year or makes entirely new plans. 

I also understood that while she likes performing she would like to work as a producer much more. I'm not sure if management would let her do it that easily ^^; but maybe she'd disappear for a few years a la Riho and then come back to work behind the scenes.

That being said, I kind of doubt that Masaki will be the next to leave. But I agree with Fallacia, only Maria and Akane announcing their graduation would surprise me at the moment. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1860 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:26 AM

Yokoyan has blogged about her father's passing. She said that he was proud of her Morning Musume career and she plans to remain in the group, so it doesn't seem that she is planning to graduate any time soon.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users