Photo

Which MM member is going to graduate soon?

• Please log in to reply
2084 replies to this topic

#21 Masato-sama

Masato-sama

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

How do you know? Tsunku never gives them lines, so we never get to hear them sing.

yet they keep sining on concerts 'n' stuff...

Lin's been in the music business for 10 years, if she can stay in for that long I'm sure that she can sing. Jun can too.

I know a couple of norwegian singers who hase been in the indrustry for over 17 years! I guess that'd make them good jpop idols too!! :P

Maki Goto never had a personality either, but people liked her! Same could be said for Ai Takahashi.

I have no idea what you're talking about, they're both big personalities, just not in you face like Yaguchi or Charmy

They're close enough to fluent...I'm sure their Japanese (and capitalization) is better than yours. :huh:

As a 18 year old norwegian kid, I reserv the right to not be as fluent in japanese as a japanese pop idol should be...

#22 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

didn't a thread like this get locked a while back?

h_obanner.jpg

#23 Masato-sama

Masato-sama

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

yupp..

#24 harumiki

harumiki

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

maybe tsunku-san will hold the 9th gen auditions and then in the next concert gaki-san and kame-chan will graduate
forming a group called gakikame....... but then i personally don't think reina or sayu's ready to be sub-leader yet....>.<
ai-chan can't go the 8th generation depend on her!!!!!

#25 reina*

reina*

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Ai-chan- I don't want her to leave at all but she is the leader and of course the leaders must graduate to continue on with tradition. She has the best voice (to me) and probably would continue on with a solo career or doing plays and dramas since she is really into that.

Risa-I don't think she will leave right now because she has loved MM ever since she was little and probably really wants to be leader even though she didn't say she did on latest music fighter episode. I think she will graduate after Ai-chan/someone else.

Eri-I have wanted an Eri solo since I heard Haru beautiful everyday but personally I don't think she would want a solo career after all she is still a little shy/timid and doesn't really speak up that much. I can see Eri being sub leader and maybe leader one day.

Sayu-Really doubt she will graduate she seems to be wanting to prove herself more in MM and wanting a chance to sing so I don't think she will leave for a while. At first she was all about the cute thing and now she is really maturing which i like about her :D If she were to graduate she would probably become a TV talent like Mari.

Reina Don't really think so since they are pushing her in front A LOT lately. She already is a front girl in MM and when Ai-chan leaves she will probably continue on being the front. Unless Tsunku has a solo plan for her I don't think she will be leaving.

Koharu No way she is the face of MM right now and probably after Ai-chan leaves will become the front girl with Reina. She is popular with kids so thats just an added bonus for MM. She is already a soloist but once the anime is done I don't see her leaving I see her stay in MM.

Aika/Jun/Lin-No way since they are the new generation. Jun/Lin haven't really been featured in songs much so it will be a long time before they grad.

So I think Ai-chan will leave but I don't think anytime soon since MM is really busy with their concerts and the Cinderella play but maybe afterwards they might announce her graduation.

#26 NatsuNoCheri

NatsuNoCheri

Sayaka Kitahara's no. 1 Wota

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

How do you know? Tsunku never gives them lines, so we never get to hear them sing.

yet they keep sining on concerts 'n' stuff...

Okay, then find me some clips of Junjun and Linlin singing poorly. From what I've heard, they're really pretty good.

Lin's been in the music business for 10 years, if she can stay in for that long I'm sure that she can sing. Jun can too.

I know a couple of norwegian singers who hase been in the indrustry for over 17 years! I guess that'd make them good jpop idols too!! ;)

They actually could be good J-Pop idols. But they could be too old if they've been in for that long (unless they've been in the music industry since they were babies or something :angry:), it may not be their style, or they couldn't [or wouldn't be willing to] be "Japanified" as Junjun and Linlin have been.

Maki Goto never had a personality either, but people liked her! Same could be said for Ai Takahashi.

I have no idea what you're talking about, they're both big personalities, just not in you face like Yaguchi or Charmy

No, Takahashi has actually called herself boring. Not in those words, though. She gives one word answers and when she doesn't know what to say about herself, has said "I collect 500 yen coins." And Maki never said it, but people have noticed, and criticized her for not having a personality. Those two are able to stay in the idol business because they are talented singers and dancers.

They're close enough to fluent...I'm sure their Japanese (and capitalization) is better than yours. :wub:

As a 18 year old norwegian kid, I reserv the right to not be as fluent in japanese as a japanese pop idol should be...

And that's fine that you aren't/don't want to be fluent in Japanese. But Junjun and Linlin's Japanese has improved a lot in the year+ that they've been in MM. Also, ever heard of Leah Dizon? She's a Japanese singer and gravure idol who was born in Las Vegas, Nevada, and she's not fluent in Japanese either. She probably knows less Japanese than the Pandas. I don't see you attacking her...

#27 Masato-sama

Masato-sama

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

Okay, then find me some clips of Junjun and Linlin singing poorly. From what I've heard, they're really pretty good.

Like when singing "Suki na Senpai" at the "Morning Musume Concert Tour 2007 Aki ~Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! Bomb~"

No, Takahashi has actually called herself boring. Not in those words, though. She gives one word answers and when she doesn't know what to say about herself, has said "I collect 500 yen coins." And Maki never said it, but people have noticed, and criticized her for not having a personality. Those two are able to stay in the idol business because they are talented singers and dancers.

so you think personality is about being good at interviews? (which is what Takahashi said she sucked at), sure she doesn't make big stories like Charmy when she get intreviews, but her personality is far from boring, where would MM be wthouth the farmgirl/out of place ~weird ai :good:?
Utaban is fun 'n' all, but not really good enough to jugde someone's peronsalty in my opinion...

And that's fine that you aren't/don't want to be fluent in Japanese. But Junjun and Linlin's Japanese has improved a lot in the year+ that they've been in MM. Also, ever heard of Leah Dizon? She's a Japanese singer and gravure idol who was born in Las Vegas, Nevada, and she's not fluent in Japanese either. She probably knows less Japanese than the Pandas. I don't see you attacking her...

Most likly caus I don't see her in MM...

#28 RYBO316

RYBO316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

I do predict Ai or Risa. But I have a hunch if they do add new members I predict likely be in 2009 and it'll probably be from the new Asian (Taiwan or possibly South Korea) HP! Egg batch. So Jin-jin and Lin-lin haters you been warned. :good:

#29 Fickle Monkey

Fickle Monkey

Peace, Peace!

• Senpai
  • 2625 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

Talking about Graduations makes me wish that I knew Morning Musume when the Gokkies joined the group :unsure:. It's very likely that Aichan would be the first to graduate from the current line-up - something I don't want to happen (but will eventually happen).

#30 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:28 AM

I can only see that someone who would be able to stand on her own feet would graduate anytime soon. And that would be Ai-chan or Koha. But even though Ai-chan probably are considering it, I don't think she wanna leave the group as it is now. Koharu on the other hand would be possible. She got a successful solo career already and somehow I've never seen her as a true Musume. I don't believe she fit in really. Or maybe that's just what I want to believe.... :P

Of course JunJun and LinLin could also graduate soon, as they are the exchange students after all. But I don't think it will happen the next coming year as MM really can't afford any graduation at the moment and they need to get some new members if they decide to let someone go.

I believe they will have an audition this fall or maybe next spring and let 2-3 new members join before they let someone graduate.

I would guess there is a 50% chance that Ai-chan or(/and, don't think both will leave at the same time) Koha will graduate and a 25% chance of JunJun and LinLin graduating before next summer.

It feels like the rest of the members will hold on for at least another 2-3 years. For Risa's future I think it depends on what will happen with Ogawa Makoto when/if she comes back from NZ this summer.

Talking about Graduations makes me wish that I knew Morning Musume when the Gokkies joined the group :unsure:. It's very likely that Aichan would be the first to graduate from the current line-up - something I don't want to happen (but will eventually happen).

Same here :P. Every day I feel bad for not discovering MM around the time when 5th gen joined...

#31 Merlose

Merlose

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

I think it'd be Ai... don't really like it, I really love Ai... but... we'll better get prepared for what is impossible to stop... Lin Lin or Jun Jun maybe..., but sooner or later, Ai will be gone :unsure:
Posted Image

#32 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

I'd like to know if the girls get any word on their graduation decision. If that's the case, I can sorta see this line-up going on for a long time. This group of musume like each other maybe a bit too much ;) (except maaaybe when they play up some scripted rivalry)

But if only UFA has a say, I guess Ai or Koharu may graduate anytime soon...
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#33 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

Aichan.

I'm sorry. I love her to bits and I will do (alomst) anything to keep her in MoMusu. But...

Yume Kara Samete was a good example of what she can do as a solo artist. I think that Goto was a good example. She left MoMusu and grew into a sucessful artist (And no, the scandal doesn't count). Aichan has the best voice (IMO) in the group and she can definately do solo.

However, talk of Koha leaving is interesting. I don't believe she will graduate yet, but if the anime keeps going strong, she will. She almost has her own unit (Milky Way) and if their first single sells well, who knows? As a solo artist, I think she fits in. In MoMusu, she doesn't, but I don't believe she will graduate this year. Maybe the next? Who knows?

Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R - You just can't beat dorky Ai XD - last.fm
Morning Musume. was diagnosed with cancer on 7th December 2009...
It was diagnosed as terminal on 8th August 2010...
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#34 Billie Poynter

Billie Poynter

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

she's not fluent in Japanese either. ...

Same goes with DBSK/whatever-their-other-names are. They're not fluent in Japanese either (at least, not that I know of), but they have a pretty nice fanbase.

#35 jrongow

jrongow

Forever-5th Gen

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Tradition states that Ai-chan is the next to go, unless of course one of the other members does sth stupid and gets caught by the media (hint: mikitty, yaguchi...).
I'm an Ai-ist too, though I dun mind her graduating, as long as she stays on in H!P as a solo singer.
Posted Image
The Sexy Heroine of my Final Fantasy...
愛 = LOVE

#36 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

my logic says Aichan will be next but we never know... i was thinking in Koharu so she can takes full time to the kirarin stuff but that will end sooner or later and honestly right now i can´t see her in a solo role not related to the anime.

anyways, i just think that tsunku needs to forget about graduations for at least two full years.

#37 chibilolli

chibilolli

Risa's #1 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 3932 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

I don't think anyone is going to graduate for a while, the current line up works well together and I feel they fit perfectly as a group. If I had to pick someone though I would guess Ai-chan for no reason other then she's the leader and she'd be good if she went solo. I also think maybe Eri will graduate. I don't really have a reason for this thought...just think that maybe she will want to go soon.

All I know is that if Risa, Reina, Eri or Ai graduate soon (or when they graduate), I will most definitely be at the graduation concert. Even if I have to sell some organs or children off to get there. I also know that when Risa and Reina's graduations are announced I will cry for weeks!!!

Talking about Graduations makes me wish that I knew Morning Musume when the Gokkies joined the group :huh:. It's very likely that Aichan would be the first to graduate from the current line-up - something I don't want to happen (but will eventually happen).

Me too. I would've loved to have known my favourites from when they started. Watched them grow and better themselves as idols. Oh well...

Posted Image

Winner of Hello! Online's Risa's Greatest Fan Award 2010 & 2011

#38 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

Baring someone wanting to leave or some scandal i don't see any happening soon. Ai Takahashi is the most likely candidate i guess but for what reason ? Although many rate her i don't see her going solo and thus would vanish or more likely get put in some other group which as things currantly stand i don't see happening.

Koharu... hmmm well it would be odd but then again Goto Maki graduated early as well compared to many members so its not a straight forward rule of the longest serving must go next. (Look at Kaori as another example of that). She does have the Kirarin stuff but even that will have an eventual shelf life.

So IMO no obvioues choices for now although if it was my choice i would want Ai Takahashi to graduate and when she does i would not want her to vanish complety i would want her to get something.

#39 NatsuNoCheri

NatsuNoCheri

Sayaka Kitahara's no. 1 Wota

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Like when singing "Suki na Senpai" at the "Morning Musume Concert Tour 2007 Aki ~Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! Bomb~"

You mean this? They don't sound bad there. In fact, they actually sound pretty good, except Linlin's a little nasal. Take into consideration the fact that they're dancing there. In this performance they sound very good, and they're not dancing.

so you think personality is about being good at interviews? (which is what Takahashi said she sucked at), sure she doesn't make big stories like Charmy when she get intreviews, but her personality is far from boring, where would MM be wthouth the farmgirl/out of place ~weird ai XD?
Utaban is fun 'n' all, but not really good enough to jugde someone's peronsalty in my opinion...

When do we get to see her "farm girl" personality? Almost never. So what's the point?

Most likly caus I don't see her in MM...

It's still the same concept.

#40 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

I think Takahashi will probably be the next to go, but she probably won't graduate until there's a ninth generation. I'm hoping that'll be mid-2009, but you never really know with Tsunku and UFA. I don't think Morning Musume needs new members yet.

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users