Photo

Which MM member is going to graduate soon?

• Please log in to reply
2084 replies to this topic

#2041 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:29 AM

I hate to be the one to say it, but thinking over and over about this, Chii-chan and Maachan :( Since with Hina Fes performance, I felt really sorry for Chii with the sound of her voice. I know she's recovering from polyp removal from her vocal cords, right? And her voice hasn't been too prominent in songs recently.

And Maachan with her IBS diagnosis. I know with her back problems and her hiatus from the group she said "I know my own body" and she returned but now with the IBS diagnosis....

I would hate to be right with this (and maybe I am jinxing it) but these two seem more likely to graduate than my previous assumptions (Eripon and Akane)....

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#2042 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:42 PM

Maa-chan: very likely. Chii-chan: not really. Except when Chii-chan feels like she doesn't advance in MM, I don't think she leaves MM that soon. Maa-chan: I don't know how bad the IBS is, but if it is really bad, then it's very unfortunate for her.

#2043 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 07:03 AM

I feel like Fukuchan and Maachan are probably next. The longer Maachan is away the more I think her IBS is really quite severe, and Fukuchan's EXTRA single smells a lot like a graduation single. Chiisaki is also possible because her voice sounds pretty ragged--it really doesn't sound like it's getting better, if anything I feel like it's gotten worse this year, but it's also possible she'll stay around just to sing easy/group lines and do a lot of dancing.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#2044 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:48 PM

Sato is their #1 selling member right now - I'm pretty sure management will wait however long it'll take for her to recover enough for normal activities. And in the meantime, while she's sitting out on tours, she can focus on school way more. It's kind of a win-win all around. Management continues to profit off her, she still gets to participate occasionally with her beloved MM without worsening her IBS, and she gets to focus on school.

There have definitely been some delayed graduations due to the pandemic. At this rate, restrictions will continue into next year, so I almost feel like they're going to start graduations in spite of that next year. I honestly don't know who to expect anymore. It's like 2011 all over again - it could be any of them.

Spoiler

#2045 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

Well, seems like Sato Masaki is graduating after all.

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#2046 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

So this time is Maa-chan.....

Morning Musume'19

#2047 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:56 AM

After Masaki's graduation, I can see the graduation order for MM to go:

Erina -> Mizuki -> Ayumi -> Sakura

I am putting Sakura at the end because I feel the management may want to make sure the person who is going to take on the leader role is ready, so Sakura could be the in-between to bridge Ayumi and the next leader (who will have some time to be the sub-leader to gain some leadership experience). Although my gut feeling is telling me Sakura could be the next one to go (after Masaki) or after Erina.

I can also see that if Erina or Ayumi graduate before Mizuki and Sakura, I can see management announcing Miki (if she doesn't graduate) to be a sub-leader and pass over Sakura (like what they did with Angerme) because Sakura could be on her way for graduation.

#2048 Ducky Mioda

Ducky Mioda

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:01 AM

@sukibeam: I'm pretty late to replying to your post about graduations but, considering all you said here, my bets now are that these members are going to graduate in the next 2 years or so: Ikuta -> Sato -> Ishida -> Oda -> Fukumura -> Nonaka -> Makino

And @Pyo-Kiyo: I've got this sort of feeling as well, but Sato's a best-selling member (as sukibeam said), so I'd rather have her graduate only after Ikuta does...

EDIT: So I found out that Sato was indeed next in line to graduate by the end of the year - that said, I've been wondering if Ikuta plans to graduate soon (possibly with Sato) now that the Tokyo Olympics are finished...

Edited by Ducky Mioda, 24 September 2021 - 10:07 AM.

#2049 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

I feel like Fukuchan and Maachan are probably next. The longer Maachan is away the more I think her IBS is really quite severe, and Fukuchan's EXTRA single smells a lot like a graduation single. Chiisaki is also possible because her voice sounds pretty ragged--it really doesn't sound like it's getting better, if anything I feel like it's gotten worse this year, but it's also possible she'll stay around just to sing easy/group lines and do a lot of dancing.

Welp. Sometimes it doesn't feel good to be right.

I still think Mizuki is next, and then Erina, and then Sakura, unless Ayumi feels too lonely. I feel like we're going to get auditions before Mizuki graduates though, if they don't already have someone coming in from the current auditions.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#2050 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:09 PM

I think Ayumi or Chisaki are next to graduate

#2051 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:42 PM

I still think PonPon are going to graduate together. On any case, I feel like at least two graduation concerts will happen next year.

All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#2052 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 11:42 PM

i think pon pon might actually graduate together. and I'm scared ayumi might want to leave next, because she is the only 10th gen member standing and feels lonely.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#2053 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 12:11 AM

I still have the feeling that ponpon are gonna graduate together because I just don't see Eripon being leader. I can see Ayumin being leader for probably a year and they promote Sakura and Miki to sub-leaders. Unless Sakura graduates to become a soloist since now they got M-line up and running, she will probably be leader for a year before she graduates.

#2054 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 02:40 AM

I'm scared there might be lots of graduations one after another just like 2010-2014.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#2055 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 02:49 AM

PonPon and Ayumi are all 24 right now (Mizuki is 25 next month and Ayumi is 25 in Jan) and they've been with MM for 10+ years. I wouldn't be surprised if they all graduated in the next year or two, even if the office is more relaxed about idols being over 25 now. (I'm still not convinced that Tomoko changed things or if the office just made an exception for her due to circumstances. It was pretty obvious they were preparing her to go solo before corona and Sayuki's scandal.) After 9/10ki I think everyone else is pretty safe for a few years unless someone has something else they'd rather do.

Also, 9/10ki need to go if they want MM to continue on. They need to build up the younger members since like last year so that it's not the crazy pressure of 2014 again.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#2056 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:44 PM

To be fair, all of the MM members except for 15ki have lengthy tenures under their belt, so whoever graduates next won't be much of a shocker. However, I do agree that a double PonPon graduation is looking more likely as more time passes.

I8dtEOy.gif

#2057 DD7

DD7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:36 PM

My guess on the order of graduation after Maachan over the next year or two would be Eripon->Ayumi->Mizuki->Sakura. I kinda like the idea of PonPon grad but I would also like Eripon to get her own grad and not have to share the spotlight.

Current: (MM) Kaede Miki Sakura (A) Moe Shion (JJ) Ruru Rei Ichika (TF) Yumeno (BYD): Momohime Kokoro Reina (Ocha): Kanami Kirara Natsume Kss: Ayana Karin Yulia Graduated: Zukki Riho 48 Groups: Cuca

#2058 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 03:28 AM

I want Erina to shine a little bit without Mizuki eclipsing her at every step. So, as cute as it would be to see the 2 of them graduating together, I need for Mizuki to graduate before Erina. Erina has the same tenure as Mizuki, but her seniority rarely shows its head when it comes to line distribution. Erina, and Ayumi to a certain degree, need to stay while Mizuki and Sakura make way for them to shine a little bit. 

Miki is all but ready to take over the leads, and Rio and Mei seem to be in the cusp of a breakthrough. I doubt Maria, Chisaki or Reina will get spotlight in the amounts Sakura, Mizuki and Masaki have, so they'd be middle tier. Akane, I don't see her being pushed to the front. Kaede has a great voice, maybe one of the best of the group, but I don't see management pushing her aside from a few extra lines here and there. And Homare seems to be in training to become the next background girl.

MRkgm6i.png

#2059 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:58 AM

I don't think PonPon would graduate together because H!P would make way more money to have two graduation concerts. But I think if Mizuki graduates Eripon would probably graduate within the same year.

I don't see Sakura leaving until they find another utahime and train her up for a bit. And since they had Runo and put her not in MM I'm guessing Sakura isn't going to graduate soon then.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#2060 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:55 AM

I think H!P as a whole has stepped away from doing double graduations, or else Murotan and Funakki could have graduated together. I could see Mizuki graduating at an H!P concert instead of a MM one, though.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)