Photo

Which MM member is going to graduate soon?

• Please log in to reply
2084 replies to this topic

#1981 otaku2009

otaku2009

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:59 PM

So at the latest release event, Eripon said the staff start to push her about graduating... she said jokingly « please let me continue until olympics »

#1982 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

Ah the good ol' staff grad push. Though olympics would mean summer 2020, that's still a whole year. She probably wouldn't graduate before MM's fall tour 2020. 

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1983 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

Ganbatte Ikuta  x_x

#1984 otaku2009

otaku2009

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

So i think it will be a double graduation, i would say 2020 is the last year for fukuchan too.

#1985 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

To expand on Erina's comment, she says she wants to hang on through the Olympics because she knows that MM will be called upon for work related to it :lol:

#1986 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

There was the interview once years ago she said she wanted to pass Sayu in terms of tenure. If staff is pushing her to leave (and why would they?) I say ganbatte Ikuta!! Please stay!!

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#1987 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

I feel like the only one they want to surpass Sayu's tenure is Mizuki.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#1988 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

^
Maria might, since she is basically a mini-me of Sayu :lol:

Anyways, yesterday I was thinking. (I was taking long car trip, so I had plenty of time to think and let my mind wander a lot lol).

Next ones might be Ayumi and Erina. Mizuki is now H!P leader and she's very passionate about her group and H!P. So she could still stay for a number of years. Eri has stated before she'll stay as long as Mizuki, but if staff is pushing her to graduate..... ^^;

And then it makes me think Ayumi will graduate next to further study dance (and come back to be H!P's dance instructor?  :whistle: Would be nice to have her as an instructor.)

Making Mizuki still as leader and Maachan as sub-leader :respect: I can picture Maachan saying in an interview "But Maachan can't be leader of Morning Musume. Morning Musume might end if I am leader" (echoing Sashihara Rino lol). Therefore after some time as sub-leader Maachan will graduate.

Not to forget Chiichan, too. Who knows Country Girls' fate, but Chiichan might want to do something else. So after all this I'm thinking Ayumi/Erina/Masaki/Chisaki - not in that order, but the ones who are next.

But anything can happen XD And might I add, whoever graduates next will just make me more sad. I don't want anyone else to graduate.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#1989 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

Most of the H!P leaders have been there for about 2 years before they graduate, so Fukuhime has got about 2 years left.

I don't see any leaving this year but next year could be mass graduation because of the Olympics. 

#1990 jonski111

jonski111

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

delete.....wrong thread

#1991 xiah_mai

xiah_mai

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Wotas expeculations

Mizuki (Tokyo)   ← Rio/Homare (Tokyo reinforcement)

Ikuta (unpopular, golf player) ← Rio (golf player)
Ishida (dance) ← Homare (Dance reinforcement)
Sato (Hokkaido & Character) ← Mei (Hokkaido reinforcement & Character)
Oda (sing) ← Rio (sing reinforcement)
Nonaka (english) ← Mei (english) 

#1992 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

Rio is the golf player, though.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#1993 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

I've been mulling over it, and I'm fearful Ikuta really might be the next one :( What with Ishida becoming a co-sub-lead (when there's really no need?) and her mentioning management's push to graduate.... the real nail in the coffin for me is that post-live reveal interview where Ikuta was absent and it was just Ishida and Fukumura. Maybe they're just breaking Ishida into the role a bit more, or Ikuta had scheduling conflict, but I really kept thinking, "Why didn't they include Eripon?" Even the other forum had people mentioning she looks more "cool" and "over it" than usual, and while I thought it was just her typical aura, some here even thought she seemed super serious during their release event.

She can say she wants to hang on until the Olympics, but that's late next summer, and we know how management is once they have something in mind. If they're already mentioning graduation to her, I don't see them waiting 3 more full MM tours for it to happen.

#1994 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

She's been in MM so long at this point, I think she could probably get away with pulling an Ayacho and announcing a year in advance at the end of the aki tour. Whether or not it's Erina, I still suspect that someone will use the beginning of the upcoming tour to announce their own graduation for the end of this year, so it may even be a good way to soften the blow for two announcements if Erina first announces her own for a year out at the same time that another member announces their own graduation for the end of the upcoming fall tour. Then, barring unforeseen health issues, it also removes the anxiety of waiting for someone else to announce for all of next year if people are already expecting that 2020s grad concert will be Erina in November or December. That speculation still assumes that we'll have only one person graduating in 2019 though, and that nobody else would want an out earlier in 2020. If they had Erina's 2020 announcement preceding a double grad announcement for the end of 2019, that may be more like salting a wound than ripping off a bandage.

I still have a hard time seeing Erina leaving before Mizuki, personally, but people are complex and dynamic, so it's hard to really say.

#1995 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

I think that mentioning that staff is trying to make her graduate was a clever thing for Erina to do...?
Cause it might slow down the process a bit... I mean if she announced a graduation soon after saying she asked staff to let her stay until next year... it would sound fishy, wouldn't it?
The public is already suspecting that staff talks members into graduations... especially when it comes to older members, and with the recent 25sai Eien Setsu x 25sai Teinen Setsu and Wada's comment it somewhat looks like they don't want fans to have that impression...?
That's just an idea though...

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#1996 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

I've been mulling over it, and I'm fearful Ikuta really might be the next one :( What with Ishida becoming a co-sub-lead (when there's really no need?)

Ayumi is older than Erina, so it was expected that she was going to get the role of sub-leader since it was always for the oldest member, besides the leader. With the the co-subleadership of Mizuki and Haruna, it seems that management resolved the dilemma about if the oldest or the eldest member should be the sub-leader by giving the role to both of them. That's why when Mizuki became leader Erina became sub-leader, and when Haruna graduated Ayumi became sub-leader.

So I don't think Ayumi being sub-leader is an indicator of Erina graduating, and if any of the current sub-leaders graduates the remaining one would be the only one because she'd be both the oldest and the eldest.

As for who will be next, I think it'll be Ayumi, but Erina and Sakura are my next options.

Morning Musume'19

#1997 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

I too have recently noticed Eripon's "I'm done" appearance with some performances. It reminds me of Tanaka Reina, a year or two before she graduated.

8 years in an idol group is amazing in itself, but figuring too that it's almost a full 8 years of intense formation dances and concert performances (yes, I do realize formation dance didn't come around until 2012 with Renai Hunter - and that's 7 years ago). Fatigue could be settling in.

I was excited to hear a few years back that she had desires to surpass Sayu's tenure. And I often pictured her as leader, "Eri is finally leader!" she would say with a big smile and jump in her step. But of course people can change. Look at Rihoriho....

She might stay a little bit to help 15th gen out as much as she can. So maybe a grad announcement and a ceremony next year is the plan.

And, maybe I read into it wrong back at the beginning of the year, but didn't Ayumi say she didn't want to have such a leadership position as sub-leader?

Also I would like to mention, I might be one of few who think this, but I'm not a fan of "management pushing graduation." It should be the member herself to make that decision :unsure:

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#1998 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

Ayumi is older than Erina, so it was expected that she was going to get the role of sub-leader since it was always for the oldest member, besides the leader.

I know there's historical precedent of skipping more tenured members to give subleadership to an older girl (Fujimoto over Takahashi, who was like 1.5 years older but also nearly 1.5 years less tenured in the group). It even made sense to make Iikubo and Fukumura co-subleaders since Fukumura was only 16 at the time, while Iikubo was 18 and already used to wrangling younger members (*cough*Sato*cough*).

It does not make sense to me for Ishida to be given co-subleadership when there's only a 6 month difference in age between her and Ikuta, especially when Ikuta has just about 10 months longer group tenure and was already a sublead for 4 years at the time. I mean, will they skip over Sato to make Oda the next subleader, even if Sato has a year longer tenure but is 2 months younger?

What does make sense to me is that management wants to prep Ishida for 9th gen's looming phase out, especially since she's stated she doesn't want leadership. Some people really don't want to be in those positions, but when you give them the responsibility anyway they do great. Ishida has proven to be reliable, and is really good on camera thanks to her local Sendai TV work. Management is "boiling a bullfrog" so to say... they're easing her into it and slowly increasing the flame so she's less likely to hightail it. Fukumura has already been with the company 11 years, and has been in MM 8.5 years. Even Ayacho, despite being in H!P for 15 years, was only in S/mileage/ANGERME for a little more than 10.

#1999 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

^ Naive me believed they're preparing us for Suberizu leadership, oh well..
Why did I read this thread, now I'm so depressed

caCYGi9.jpg

#2000 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

^I'm sorry. I want to see an Ikuta leadership, but I really have a hard time looking at all the evidence and not feeling like they're going to start firmly pushing some girls to leave. The group is big and no one is giving the impression of wanting to move on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users