• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#161 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

I haven't been watching much jdrama lately, but right now, I'm watching Akai Ito. It's not an old drama (winter 2008/2009) and it's really awesome, so I'm surprised nobody made a thread for it. Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread though. Anyway, I want to recommend it to everyone! Especially to those who liked Last Friends. It's a sweet but sad drama about fate and love, friendship, and difficult things in life. The main characters are very lovable and the plot is made so that you keep questioning and wondering what really happened. The "red thread" is revealed little by little in every episode. A lot of it is quite predictable, but the drama has surprised me a couple of times, too. So far (ep. 8) I love it, and it will definitely be in my top ten. :)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Akai_Ito

Edit later same day: I just finished watching. Awesome ending. <3 By the way, in the beginning, I thought it's not that sad. But as I continued watching, it became more and more sad every episode. :D Ichi Rittoru no Namida is the only jdrama that made me cry more.

#162 library dude

library dude

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

There's a new JDrama called JIN playing in the Los Angeles area. It's a medical drama involving a doctor from the future, a courtesan and a samurai princess. Needless to say, I was hooked. Episode shows at 9PM Sunday nights on digital channel 18.2. It's surprisingly good!

#163 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the SilentRegrets drama download site? It's been down for a couple of days at least.

Edit: Sorry, it's working again.

#164 LiuBei

LiuBei

6th gen member

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

There's a new JDrama called JIN playing in the Los Angeles area. It's a medical drama involving a doctor from the future, a courtesan and a samurai princess. Needless to say, I was hooked. Episode shows at 9PM Sunday nights on digital channel 18.2. It's surprisingly good!

That one is pretty good. A little difficult to follow but good none the less

#165 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

I've just been catching up on dramas that were on my "Meant To Watch But Never Got Round To It" list :)
I've started Maou and Mr. Brain (talk about late, lol).

I love Mr. Brain so far! I've watched three episodes. It's so daft :D.
I've only watched the first ep. of Maou but I think I'll like it more as it goes on.

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#166 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

^ Ah, Mr. Brain! I was supposed to watch that, but I forgot. XD I have a long list of dramas to watch, and I mostly watch dramas from the previous season or year, and even those that aired five or ten years ago. Now I'm watching Mother though, I'm at episode three. I can't say I like it very much, but I keep watching, because I want to know what happens.

#167 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I was watching a drama the other day, streaming on some site, and only the first ep had been subbed, and only two released.

I forget what it was called, so I thought someone here might know.

It was a dark comedy/murder mystery, of sorts. It started with a mini-bus full of school girls being driven along in the middle of no where, when suddenly they passed a body on the side of the road.

The driver got out to help the man, and the mini-bus rolled down the hill into some fog.

The school they were being taken to was in the middle of nowhere, and only had four male students.

One of the girls survived, and when questioned by the investigators ... crap, I think I just remembered what it was called ... ah ... I was something like "Wide Area Investigators" (That was the translation, anyway).

Anyway, the girl who survived was covered in bandages, literally, head to toe.

so ... yeah ... Original Japanese title would be appreciated so I can hunt it down and finish watching it. :-)

Thanks.

#168 Luigi ★

Luigi ★

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

Just finished first season of gokusen, finally :wub:
It was amazing, and i cant wait to see season 2 & 3!
Even though the cast isnt as nice imo (the Hiroki/Shun duo should have stayed :wub: lol ) The cast of 3 and 2, are pretty nice, but im biased <3

All of those who ask for items in my shop, i'm sorry, I haven't looked at it in forever. Also too lazy to delete, sorry again!

#169 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

i recommended j-movies nobody knows :good:

d actor got best actor award in cannes film fes

#170 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

Just finished watching "Tumbling". Its a nice non-conventional drama based around a boys rhythmic gymnastics team into which a delenquent is forced to join. Great stories, cast and acting

#171 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

i recommended j-movies nobody knows :good:

d actor got best actor award in cannes film fes

And unbelievably depressing! The worst part is it was inspired by actual events.

Saw Departures recently, which I can recommend, and also Bandage, which I cannot (just personal opinions though).

#172 YanagiKarin

YanagiKarin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

I don't know if this J-drama was recommended or not but I recommend watching "Life".
It's a really sad J-drama but I love it!
That drama definitely taught me a really good lesson. :sob:

Can't wait to re-watch it after my exams. (LOL)

Posted Image
S/mileage FTW.

☆ Don't Forget To Check These Out ☆
|| Bloggie || YouTube || Twitter ||

#173 qilver_21137

qilver_21137

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:44 AM

I don't know if this J-drama was recommended or not but I recommend watching "Life".
It's a really sad J-drama but I love it!
That drama definitely taught me a really good lesson. :sob:

Can't wait to re-watch it after my exams. (LOL)

Yeah, i've seen it, the lead actress and the girl who plays the bully, some great acting, i watched the whole drama, it was good.

Densha Otoko, i highly recommend that one, the j-drama series.
Another one GTO.

I suppose these threads are just Japanese dramas, because I didn't see a category for Korean Dramas here.
Posted Image
***credit goes to Tyzer for creating this amazing signature of Ai***

#174 Tokky

Tokky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

I watched 10 Promises to my Dog last week. I cried from the beginning to the end ... it's amazing because I'm not someone who cries easily.
The movie tells us the story about a young girl whose dream is to have dog. She finally got a female dog but her mother died. Before she died, she told the 10 Promises the main character Akari will have with her dog Socks during 10 years.

I really advise you this movie ; it's moving and beautiful at the same time. Of course, there are some moments which are very long, but if I had to give a mark to this movie, I will give it 18 points out of 20.

H!P OSHI : Sayuki Kananan Murotan  Chisato Zukki Yamakki  RioRioRenako

H!P LOVE : MaimiAiri ♦ MeiMei  Dawa Kuduu Chelsea Maria Ayapan 

H!P KENSHUU FAV : Funakki ♣ Nanami Y.

OG & FORMER MEMBERS FAV : Yossy Aichan Kaorin GakiKameMikittyLinLinKonKonAyaka K. SatodaAsunaMegumiKanKanIrorinKanae Nanamin Kurumin ♥ Captain

♥ UP UP GIRLS kakko KARI

#175 Kaze105

Kaze105

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

I watch a ton of Japanese drama and TV shows but I need or rather want japanese captions/subtitles due to my hearing loss. I know there are Japanese captions with some shows but does anyone know a website that has a ton of Japanese captions for japanese shows/movies/ etc. (d-addicts has some, but not a lot)

#176 choco cake

choco cake

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

can someone recommend me some asian horror films/dramas please?
Posted Image
HARUKA KUDO
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE KUDO HARUKA KUDO SINCE 11/11/2010
Set Made by Colours

#177 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Just recently I've started watching the most recent korean adaptation of City hunter, not really what I was expecting, it's good just not what I was expecting.

also
I've seen the live-action version of Ranma 1/2

apparently it was only a two hour TV special <_<
NO spoilers, I'm just going to say
it was really funny at some points, bad guys were a bit weird and LoL fight scenes were like watching Dragon Ball,
it wasn't bad, but I had a felling that the filming was rushed a bit
well, we are talking about a TV special here

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#178 Euqaristia

Euqaristia

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

For me I love the old dorama's kekekeke

Kimi wa petto
Itazura na Kiss
Majou no Joken

Those are my fave dorama ever! :DDD

#179 KaitoDoraemon

KaitoDoraemon

Ai chan: I'm so free I dunno what to do now XD

• Senpai
  • 2359 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

OTOKO DENSHA

makes me cry every episode... like seriously :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Posted Image
高橋愛ちゃんBlog Translations!!!
You know why I call myself her Royal Clown? because she LOL'ed at "KAITODORAEMON" during her final radio show~! CLICK LOL

#180 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

I'm hesitating with 交渉人 ~ the negotiator
anybody seen it? would you recommend it :unsure:
the reason I'm hesitating is because on the second look it reminds me of one movie I didn't really like (can't remember the movies name)

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users