http://www.shochikuf...2007lineup.html

Some great stuff inside.

#42 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

I just finished watching Grave of Fireflies... a really sad dorama showing the horror of war...I recommended this to everyone..and for those who can't take it...get your tissue ready... :(

#43 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

There is a Grave of The Fireflies drama? I didn't realise that. I thought there was only the anime and live action movie. Hmm... maybe I will go looking for it later when I have more time.

#44 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

There is a Grave of The Fireflies drama? I didn't realise that. I thought there was only the anime and live action movie. Hmm... maybe I will go looking for it later when I have more time.

Drama=live action....its the same one...hahaha... ^-^

#45 meatwad202

meatwad202

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:55 PM

OK, so I've never watched a j-dorama in my life (I've watched serials in other languages though, but never liked any). Do you guys have any suggestions for the first series I should watch to get me hooked (I really would like to like j-doramas but I need something good to catch my attention)? I don't want to just find something, watch it, then have a bad taste in my mouth and never want to see anything else ever again.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Mako-chan Love Always!!!
Ogawa Makoto and Konno Asami's memory shall not fade. May they continue to do well in all their future endeavors.

#46 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

OK, so I've never watched a j-dorama in my life (I've watched serials in other languages though, but never liked any). Do you guys have any suggestions for the first series I should watch to get me hooked (I really would like to like j-doramas but I need something good to catch my attention)? I don't want to just find something, watch it, then have a bad taste in my mouth and never want to see anything else ever again.

Depends on what type of storyline you like really. There is plenty to recommend. H20 (baseball), Gokusen (school), Sekai chuusin something something (romance), Aneego (romantic comedy), Densha Otoko (otaku :P ), Trick (detective?), and for some H!P goodness, Koinu no Waltz (Nacchi), Nurseman (Nacchi again), Aijou Ippon (Ayaya), Yan Papa (Gocchin), and the list goes on and on.
Hope you enjoy watching whatever it is you choose to watch and get hooked.

#47 Proto

Proto

Amiyakism Follower

• Shinmem
  • 1033 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:39 AM

I would recommend Boku Dake no Madonna...Only because it's the first I ever watched and I loved it. Wierd romance and...the ever so cute HaseKyo....
Posted Image

#48 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

I'd recommed Summer Snow, 'cause it was my first JDorama (And Ryoko Hirosue's in it! XD). It really got me addicted to JDoramas :blink: But I'd also recommend: 1 Litre of Tears, Pride, Hana Yori Dango, Orange Days, and pretty much anythign with Ryoko in it XD

#49 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:17 PM

Maison Ikoku
If I this is correct, there is a Maison Ikkoku drama starring Misaki Ito in the works. This is just great news. Misaki Ito acting in one of my favourite mangas of all time. Looking forward to this.

#50 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

Ehhh I am sure most of these might have already been Mentioned but here is a list of J-Dramas that I have watched and liked.

-1 Litre of Tears
-2nd House
-Attention Please!
-Gachi Baka
-Gal Circle
-Hitonatsu No Papa E
-My Boss My Hero
-My Little Chef
-Shimokita Glory Days
-Shimokita Sundays
-Taiyou No Uta
-Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi

^Got into each due to someone I knew (Erika S./Aya U./Sayaka I./etc.)^
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#51 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

my all time fav:

1. H2 - Satomi :), baseball XD, rivalry XD, adachi mitsuru :D
2. PRIDE - KimuTaku :D, TakeYuko :P, sport :D
3. Dragon Zakura - YamaPi XD, Masami :), exam.... :o
4. Love 2000 - KaneshiroTakeshi :)
5. Hana Yori Dango - Shun <3, Mao <3
6. Nobuta wo Produce - YamaPi <3, Toda <3, Maki <3
7. Long Vacation - KimuTaku <3, MatsuTakako <3
8. News no Onna - forgot why. but Tacky <3
9. Love Generation - KimuTaku <3, MatsuTakako <3
10. Mukodono - TakeYuko <3, Tsunku LOL
11. 1 Litre no Namida - Erika <3
etc

#52 GunxSword

GunxSword

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

check out my website...it has info on j-doramas and j-pop..........it is still under construction so if you have any questions or suggestions please post them XD

geocities.com/kh.productions

#53 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:26 PM

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko my drama of the season. it's a drama which i dun want it to end in just 12 episode. it's not a plot driven drama but rather a characters driven drama. there's nothing u'll dislike about this drama (i haven't watch the last episode tho). michiru is so adorable. :D

the best part is when michiru found out about the secret relationship between Ken-chan and uwano-san...
michiru "あなたちやっぱり、、”
kenchan "....."
uwano "......"

^_^

#54 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

I love the food he makes too ^_^
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#55 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

added Nodame Cantabile in my must watch list.

will watch the rest (eg tatta hitori / teppan / seifukku) if i got extra time

#56 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:27 PM

I'm halfway through the magnificent GTO at the minute (my 5th J-drama series to watch). Was the theme tune to the series, a song called Poison ever released at all - either as a single or on a GTO OST album? Can't seem to find anything on the net. I'm desperate to get the slow piano version of the song which was featured in the series.

#57 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

dropping tatta hitochusumthin after 2nd episode. add teppan shoujou akane in my watch list. teppan's bg music is very great. i like everything about it except that 1 minute full of CG during the birthday party.

#58 attosaibu

attosaibu

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

1 Liter of Tears, the most recommended dorama you must see. If you're a person who like to watch a sad story, than I'm sure if you watch this your eye will be sore.. So, careful... not to watch it frequently. XD

Posted Image

Sssst...... She's asleep don't wake her until I come to rescue her by my kiss. ^_^

#59 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:51 AM

I'd definitely recommend any Goto fan to watch YanPapa, good drama, my sister and I have only the Finale left to watch and it is pretty WoAh, of course not as influential as 1Litre of Tears but still good.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#60 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:19 AM

Has anybody seen the movie "Lovely Complex", a romantic comedy aout a tall Japanese girl and a short guy? I saw the trailer and it seemed interesting. Just wanted to hear some opinions on it. thanks.

Cody L. Martin -  author and freelance writer

Twitter: @codylmartin1701

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users