• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:45 AM

FYI I ripped this performance from the LUCKY 7 LIVE DVD and uploaded to The Tube long, long ago because the only one at the time was of execrable quality. It still hasn't been removed, even with all the "official" channels around.

One of my very fave Chisato songs, BTW. So genki, full of joy.

乾杯 BABY!

#262 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 04:39 AM

aww this song is so cute! i've heard of chisato before but i haven't really looked anything up about her so i might do that. do u have any albums or songs by her u recommend?

#263 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:55 AM

First things first: get DO THE BEST. The first, best singles collection.

My favorite Chisato tunes (somewhat in order):

Futari wa Koibito
Watashi no Natsu
Ame
Watashi ga Obasan ni Nattemo
Kibun Sokai
Watarasebashi
17-sai
Wakarimashita
Sayonara Watashi no Koi
Kaze ni Fukarete

乾杯 BABY!

#264 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

ahh thanks!! i'll be sure to download do the best when i get a chance ^^

#265 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:00 PM

For some reason, that reminded me of this great Chisato / Princess Princess collaboration from 1991:

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#266 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:38 AM

For some reason, that reminded me of this great Chisato / Princess Princess collaboration from 1991:

Classic clip! Chisato and Puripuri are contemporaries, debuting around the same time (late 1980s). Chisato and P2 lead singer/songwriter Okui (now Kishitani) Kaori were paired up on TV many times, performing each other's hits.

Puripuri got back together a couple times since their official breakup in 1996 and man, Kaori's vocal range is still on target!

Finally: "Diamonds" is probably the best-known song in the P2 catalog. I only wish they did this TV spot a year later when some of Chisato's more famous tunes were released. I mean, "Teriyaki Burger" is a good peppy song and all but... What *was* the staple Chisato song in 1991? Ame is great but it's a ballad, doesn't really match with "Diamonds." "Fight!" or "Kono Machi" might feel corny" How about "Kusai Mono ni wa Futa wo Shiro!!" Kanako would have a good time ripping through that song!

乾杯 BABY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users