tommetje31

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

I finaly got my new toy in today for work its the 

AKG K812! 
JEEE!!! :w00t:

scrap that just returned it to the store. that was a waste of time.

when it really came down to it they stared to distort the sound.

SO now im going for the Audeze LCD-3 :huh:

now i hope its better than the akg.

music just have to love it

#122 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

^ ..LOL .. it would come down to your taste and the music you listen to ..

I only mostly listen to Jpop idol obviously since I am here .. and I feel AKG is just ain't good for that to me :D

#123 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

wow .. didn't know we have this thread .. :D
It is actually very hard to balance my love for music and idols ..
But my music are obviously all the Jpop idols songs
So I got to balance my spending on equipment and music source .. :D
I am not much of a bass person but I don't like it too bright too .. :)
I am pretty new to these stuff only 2 years actually .. :)
this is what I use .. :)

My portable setup
-Astell and Kern AK100 II DAP
2015%2B-%2B4.jpg

iBasso DX50 DAP
2013+-+3.jpg
ALO Audio The National portable headphone amplifier
2013+-+1.jpg
Bispa 8NSGL-LMM interconnect cable
2014+-+1.jpg
2014+-+2.jpg

IEM
-CIEM Heir audio 4.A S
2015%2B-%2B1.jpg2015%2B-%2B2.jpg
-Song's Audio Galaxy upgrade cable for my Heir audio 4.A S ..
2015%2B-%2B7.jpg
2015%2B-%2B8.jpg

-Shure SE535 Limited Edition
20130812_200540.jpg
-Song's Audio Galaxy upgrade cable for my Shure SE535 Limited Edition ..
2014%2B-%2B1.jpg
2014%2B-%2B2.jpg

Headphone
-Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
2014%2B-%2B1.jpg
-Sony MDR-1R
HP01.jpg
-Fiio RC-MH1 cable for my Sony MDR-1R
2014%2B-%2B1.jpg

My desktop setup
Gourd Numero 4207AmB/1.0 USB cable
2014+-+1.jpg
JDS Labs OBjectiveDAC (ODAC)
2014+-+1.jpg
JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amplifier (O2)
2014+-+1.jpg
Pure copper & sliver interconnect cable by AudioMinor
2013+-+1.jpg
Audeze LCD-2 Rosewood
2014+-+1.jpg
Pure copper cable by AudioMinor for my Audeze LCD-2
2014+-+1.jpg
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X
2014+-+1.jpg

off topic .. but I also got my desktop speaker setup
Asus Xonar U7
2015%2B-%2B1.jpg
Neo d+ Class B
2015%2B-%2B1.jpg
BEHRINGER MS40
2015%2B-%2B1.jpg

Wow. You got very high end gear setup that I only able to dream. I'm considering to buy JDS Labs DAC + Amp combo, is it really good? I'm mostly listening to JPop/Jrock , any Rock, Metal, Pop song and generally to almost every genre.

#124 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

wow .. didn't know we have this thread .. :D
It is actually very hard to balance my love for music and idols ..
But my music are obviously all the Jpop idols songs
So I got to balance my spending on equipment and music source .. :D
I am not much of a bass person but I don't like it too bright too .. :)
I am pretty new to these stuff only 2 years actually .. :)
this is what I use .. :)

My portable setup

Wow. You got very high end gear setup that I only able to dream. I'm considering to buy JDS Labs DAC + Amp combo, is it really good? I'm mostly listening to JPop/Jrock , any Rock, Metal, Pop song and generally to almost every genre.

i'm no "audiophile" but even if you have mythic "golden ears" like what some celebs and hardcore audiophiles claim to have, most rock and pop music won't have audio signals/data outside the range of 20Hz - 20 000 Hz. not if they were properly mixed for human ears and not rats ears.

https://youtu.be/4nUkNvl8mQw

so most audiophile gear and all the impressive specs they claim to have are a pointless waste of money. get them if you really really really want "branded" gear. but if you're already a self-proclaimed audiophile, you won't listen to me anyway.

the only music that should work "best" with audiophile equipment would be music in SACD format.
https://en.wikipedia.../Super_Audio_CD

but even the "quality" in that source is questionable because human limitations. AFAIK or what scientifically known, only audio-measuring instruments(and maybe rats) can "hear" those extra frequencies. and you can't ask machines what kind of music they like.

Edited by PCC, 24 June 2015 - 08:30 PM.

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#125 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

There's a difference between a pair of Beats vs. that of Audio Technica for example. The difference is quite audible (in case you're not too sure, Beats is garbage, Audio Technica is not). And of course source audio matters. If that is terrible, nothing will be good. But you want to have good equipment as well. What's sad though, is that you will easily hear which music is poorly produced sound-wise, and which music is not...

#126 tommetje31

tommetje31

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

and there is one other downside that all earplugs and headphones have, that can`t be prevented some times.

that is the problem that there is only one cone.

there are hi pitch and mid pitch frequencies if send at the same time to the same cone the sound deforms.

but the deforming differs acording to the specs of the cone.

so if one brand of headphone deforms at a certain sound and another don`t means that the other will just deform whit another frequency.

even the best of the best and most expansive studio headphones have that problem.

on top of that studio headphones are made to give you a realistic sound so when you`r mixing you can hear clearly what your doing.

so they end up not being so good for enjoying music like its intended.

so if you just use headphones to listen to music. just buy regular ones not studio`s.

its a waste of money.

#127 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

My portable setup

To start, I would like to say I am not really an audiophile. If I am, I am a hopelessly terrible one..
I am not good at listening and I don't really remember how certain stuff sound like after some time..

Anyway don't take my word for it but the Objective2 and ODAC has always been quite highly recommended at their price point..
I have not been following for some time so I am not sure if any new stuff that came out that is better ..
(I say this because I saw the new The element by JDS labs which I got no idea about)
anyway JDS labs ain't the only one doing it .. so maybe you can look around ..
I didn't get the DAC+Amp combo because I couldn't afford it so I bought the 2 at different times separately..
So I am not sure how different the sound will be ..

In the end, you really got to try it before buying.. the best is to bring all your stuff, laptop, usb cable, headphones to try it out ..
Get it only if you really like it .. and don't get influence by the product reputation or what others say about it ..
But of course do try a couple of different stuff in the same range to know it is the best for you.. but don't try to many or you may get confused .. :D

If you talk about just listening to music .. different people have different preference of sound for music and to make it worse, that preference can change ..
I have change my taste 3-4 times before I settle on what kind of sounds I like .. I think its about how your ears and mind start getting used to certain sounds ..

In all reviews are good .. but you really got to try it with your set up to know for sure .. :)

============

Anyway .. I have stop trying stuff and looking at audio stuff because of problems with being a human being ..LOL
Things will always look good enough when lack of a comparison, but if you keep comparing things up .. you would definitely find something better ..
Its like looking for a wife .. XD .. I really got to settle on something .. I can't be ever going forward buying stuff which I would use only for a couples of months because something better came about ..
Many audiophile can do it for the sake of knowledge but I am terrible at controlling my desire to buy stuff XD
Its works the same as idols and I already having problem affording idols :D
So I am keeping these stuff that I have for some time ..

My friends have suggest selling my stuff .. but I am the type who don't like to sell my stuff away ..
I don't even do it for my old idols goods ..
So I am stopping now maybe 2 or more years later when I feel I got to change up some stuff or it spoil :D

#128 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Hello everyone. Thanks for all your sharing. :respect:

To be honest I'm understand a bit to the idea/fact about audio quality, what is audible to human ears, good/bad source etc2. I'm not an audiophile, I just a casual listener with most music file are mp3 with 128 - 320 kbps  bit rate. However I still want the best out from that minimum source I can afford, so I keep trying (buying) some budget friendly headphone and gadget in the past few month (I know my budget limit BTW). What I found is every headphone / gadget are different sounding and its clearly audible to my ears ... my level of curiosity are high  :P   especially when reading the product review on internet (not 100% trust it).

@Ares13

Unfortunately there's no any specialize headphone shop at my place so I just can't do the auditioning. My only source are from the internet. If you don't mind, can you tell the different listening with/without that Objective2 and ODAC? Preferably with that ATH-M50x. :)

(sorry for my poor English, I think I can't convey my thought perfectly) 

#129 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

Since I only have around 100$ (plus just a little) budget to buy a new headphones and and my local store only have limited choice. They're: Sennheiser HD449, Grado SR80e, Pioneer SE-MJ741, and Roland RH-200.

Which one is really recommended if I want good detail without sacrificing too much bass.

thx.

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#130 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

oh sorry .. I haven't been coming here and I guess I didn't response ..
Anyway .. I like to say that I am not really an audiophile so I am not really good at listening or most of the knowledge behind these ...

@KawaiiLand - Objective2 and ODAC are really good for its price point..
But before these I was using Fiio E07K Andes so ODAC would obviously better it ..
and I am using JDSLABS cMoyBB as amp which is more of a portable amp so Objective2 obviously better it too..
I am still using it and I have no intention of changing it especially when most of my money goes to idols nowadays ..
But I think I got a good enough set up and I am happy with it :)

@DomScatterbrain - I don't really know much of the brands XD
But i would suggest you bring your player and music and try them and see which you like best ..
Different people has different taste of sounds :D
For example like Grado are usually highly recommended .. but I never really any of them because they are so clear and it is so sharp that it hurts my ears ..
LOL .. i guess to sound cool .. I would say its just too bright for my liking XD
But I think you should try it out .. but of course being brand biased is not really that good .. as when I started .. I went for the brand I like and kind of wasted my money .. :(

lastly .. not really relevant to the topic ..
Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 .. I kind of feel it change the sound ..
I feel its seem to become flat and bassy .. I am not sure .. I am still waiting for the experts to say something ..
Or maybe its just in my mind :unsure: ..

#131 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

^ I thought you're ignoring my question. :sob:..  BTW,, I already buy that Objective2  :D and I'm really satisfied with its sound, different is I use a Behringer DAC instead of ODAC. But yeah, there's improvement I can hear in audio quality .  :good:

@DomScatterbrain I'm using a Grado SR80i, maybe its have similar sound with SR80e. It's extremely clear, bass is strong but not too punchy/deep.

#132 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Okay then, since I have a Grado once, then I put my bet on different brand, Roland. :P

A rather unusual brand for day-to-day headphone for me since I usually only see headphone with this brand in recording studio XD

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#133 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

^ If its me, I will do the same,, I want to try different brand :good:

#134 tommetje31

tommetje31

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

@ARES13 check if your audio driver is up to date.

that did it for me. had the same thing.

#135 olavsu1

olavsu1

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Audio-Technica  ATH-M50  are the BEST what I have.

#136 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

sayuki.jpg

Posting here because curious of what headphone she use

#137 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

@ARES13 check if your audio driver is up to date.
that did it for me. had the same thing.

lol .. I don't think there are audio driver to update .. maybe its in my mind XD

Audio-Technica  ATH-M50  are the BEST what I have.

ya .. but I use ATH-M50x though XD

sayuki.jpg

My guess is audio-technica ATH-ESW9 ? :unsure:
349x261px-ee162703_Photo01-07-2012161826

#138 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

sayuki.jpg

My guess is audio-technica ATH-ESW9 ? :unsure:
349x261px-ee162703_Photo01-07-2012161826

Wooden headphone!!! nice taste Sayuki!!

#139 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

Got my Jaybird X2 Wireless :)
I decide to try for bluetooth wireless as I am getting sick of the wire which is quite a trouble when I am commuting :D
I wouldn't say they sound great but its good enough for me :D
CThuakKVEAEXKfx.jpg
CThubdXVEAAOaDV.jpg
CThucYLVEAAGEaC.jpg

ps. about my sound problem when I upgraded to Windows 10 ..
I realize it is my own blunder .. i forgot to turn all the sound setting to 24bit 192000Hz/96000Hz .. it got reset back to 16bit 41000Hz so that's why it sounded bad XD

#140 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

I'm just buying a cheap headphone. It's good, but not great. :lol:

yWX3I4Vf.jpg

XDpTHupi.jpg

ifqmEwQ6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users